Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd May 2022 at 10:16 AM
How to override backpack for Ani's Custom Backpack Mod for default replacement
Hey guys, so I have downloaded and read Ani's Custom Backpack mod, which basically adds an inventory to the University Backpack. You just have to copy and paste the Script in-game to override the University backpack. But how do I do a DEFAULT REPLACEMENT for the backpack so I don't have to keep doing it in-game?

Ani said: You could probably create a default replacement (just overriding its OBJK) for the default backpack
so that too has an inventory.

But... how do I actually do it?

@SimmerZozo for Twitter
Advertisement
Space Pony
#2 Old 22nd May 2022 at 4:06 PM
It's pretty simple, actually. First, open the custom backpack package in S3PE and find the OBJK for it. In the preview window, there should be a line that says something like:

Code:
[1]: CDTString -- Key: "scriptClass"; Control code: 0x00; Data: "[Some Script Class]"

Copy the script class name under the "Data" key. Then, make a copy of the "backpackCollege" OBJK (found in "[Path to Game Install]\EP09\GameData\Shared\Packages\FullBuild_p18.package") and click "Grid." Expand "ComponentData," then "[1] ComponentData," and replace the entry under the "Data" key with the one from the custom backpack (minus the quotes, of course). Then, if you want, you could probably remove the OBJK and OBJD of the custom backpack so that only the modded original remains.

BTW, do you have a download link for this backpack? I've never seen it before.

"The Internet is the first thing that humanity has built that humanity doesn't understand, the largest experiment in anarchy that we have ever had." - Eric Schmidt

If you enjoy the mods I put out, consider supporting me on patreon: www.patreon.com/Gamefreak130
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 22nd May 2022 at 4:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gamefreak130
It's pretty simple, actually. First, open the custom backpack package in S3PE and find the OBJK for it. In the preview window, there should be a line that says something like:

Code:
[1]: CDTString -- Key: "scriptClass"; Control code: 0x00; Data: "[Some Script Class]"

Copy the script class name under the "Data" key. Then, make a copy of the "backpackCollege" OBJK (found in "[Path to Game Install]\EP09\GameData\Shared\Packages\FullBuild_p18.package") and click "Grid." Expand "ComponentData," then "[1] ComponentData," and replace the entry under the "Data" key with the one from the custom backpack (minus the quotes, of course). Then, if you want, you could probably remove the OBJK and OBJD of the custom backpack so that only the modded original remains.

BTW, do you have a download link for this backpack? I've never seen it before.

The mod link is here: https://modthesims.info/d/593951/cu...-backpacks.html

Thank you for the guide, but umm... Step 1, I don't see the "OBJK"? Where is it?

@SimmerZozo for Twitter
Space Pony
#4 Old 22nd May 2022 at 4:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SimmerZozo
Thank you for the guide, but umm... Step 1, I don't see the "OBJK"? Where is it?

Oh, I see. Arsil's package is just the script -- it doesn't contain any custom objects. In that case, just skip the first step and use this as your replacement script class:

Quote: Originally posted by Arsil
The script for the custom backpack is: Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.Arsil.Backpack

"The Internet is the first thing that humanity has built that humanity doesn't understand, the largest experiment in anarchy that we have ever had." - Eric Schmidt

If you enjoy the mods I put out, consider supporting me on patreon: www.patreon.com/Gamefreak130
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 22nd May 2022 at 5:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gamefreak130
Oh, I see. Arsil's package is just the script -- it doesn't contain any custom objects. In that case, just skip the first step and use this as your replacement script class:

OMGGG that's it??? Thank you for the guide for the University Backpack OBJK, needed to find it. I did it yeaaa :D

@SimmerZozo for Twitter
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 17th Sep 2023 at 10:05 PM
OMGGG that's it??? Thank you for the guide for the University Backpack OBJK, needed to find it. I did it yeaaa :D

Were you able to do it? I want to make a variety of bags that can be used with it? Can I clone your object?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 20th Sep 2023 at 2:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mookymilk
Were you able to do it? I want to make a variety of bags that can be used with it? Can I clone your object?

Yes, just follow the instructions written above. I can't give it to you because I have deleted the Edited Mod already from my Computer.

@SimmerZozo for Twitter
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 20th Sep 2023 at 2:44 PM
Yes, just follow the instructions written above. I can't give it to you because I have deleted the Edited Mod already from my Computer.

I wasn't sure when you were going to respond but I ended up doing that anyway haha thank you though!