Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

XML Injector version 2

by scumbumbo Posted 24th Jan 2019 at 9:22 AM - Updated 26th Mar 2019 at 11:43 PM by scumbumbo : Version 2 Released (New Features)

190 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 132 Feedback Posts, 57 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 7 of 8
Test Subject
#151 Old 10th Dec 2019 at 3:17 PM
I’m sorry to hear of this news, it is horrible to think of losing anyone let alone someone who made such a big difference on the way people do things. If anyone is interested there is now an ode to him for your Sims games on MTS by Flerb (https://modthesims.info/download.ph...=1&goto=newpost) to remember him by.
You will be greatly missed
Lab Assistant
#152 Old 11th Dec 2019 at 5:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ReeceBar
Can someone please make a modlist of mods that needs this mod, just links in the mod list too

Here are some I know of:
http://modthesims.info/d/632577
http://modthesims.info/d/617383
https://modthesims.info/d/626058
https://modthesims.info/d/633419
https://www.patreon.com/posts/university-my-on-31807750
Forum Resident
#153 Old 11th Dec 2019 at 6:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Krud
Hi, Heidi. I can appreciate your skepticism, and don't blame you if you continue to doubt, but this is an unfortunate side effect of anonymous usernames online. I knew him in real life, and you're right, he would go quiet for long periods, which is why it was so long before I had even thought to investigate further. But I also know his real life name, and the city he was living in, and I read his obituary, and comments/tributes from his relatives. If I thought it would help to share it here, I would consider doing so. But you would still have no way of knowing that the man I knew by both his real name and as scumbumbo was in fact him. Though if you did know him in real life, his obituary is still available online. Otherwise it's not my place to link real-world personal data to online accounts. Again, the only reason I said anything is because I saw how much he meant to this community and I thought people might want some degree of closure. You are well within your rights to refuse.

Thank you for answering. In the first word, you did not speak so clearly about your relationship with him, now, doubt is no longer possible and it is sad. You lost a friend, we a great creator nice, great in his art and available. We are all hurt in our own way by this sad news.
The net is nebulous and I have learned over the years that we must be careful about everything that is said, there are too many unscrupulous people who navigate and do not hesitate for anything. I hope now that all his work will not be squandered and transferred to other sites for more visits, that big hearts keep his work up to date and on his page, it is his work, his time, his life and his passion. Take good care of yourself and thank you again.
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#154 Old 11th Dec 2019 at 9:21 AM
Loosing a member of our sims community is always a hard news, RIP Scumbumbo
Yes this is how virtual life is, we're never sure of anything. But as a part of several long years community this kind of news is inevitable. Other non uploaders members here probably passed away since long and there's actually absolutely no way to discover their loss. So thank you krud for telling us.
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#155 Old 13th Dec 2019 at 4:03 AM
I think it is safe to say that he is immortalized with not only the contributions he has made in this virtual environment, but as well as all those people who he has inspired to improve upon something and share it with others. He was a mentor and a creative inspiration to many. His inspiration and teachings to those that were touched by this person will continue to have an effect in this very real world long after the sims 4 will have been shelved by many... because he was a spark that lit a fire in many eyes that viewed his work... and those fires continue to burn, and they in turn will spark and inspire those who are yet to come.
Test Subject
#156 Old 2nd Jan 2020 at 11:46 AM
Default recent update?
Quote: Originally posted by Triplis
Since Scumbumbo hasn't been around lately (that I'm aware of) and I have some familiarity with the tool, I looked into this being broken after the September 5th patch. Deaderpool ended up pointing me in the direction of what had changed in the official code causing the error I was seeing and I applied what appears to be the needed fix to the mod. What was broken seems to be working now.

So I'm posting a message to share the fixed version, one the injector itself and one the modder's documentation, including the uncompiled files with the one I changed.

If you are a modder, I recommend testing this with your mods that need it before notifying people about the change. That way if there's something still broken that I missed, you can catch it first.

- Triplis

is there a more recent update to this because it is no longer working in my game?
Top Secret Researcher
#157 Old 2nd Jan 2020 at 6:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nat2016
is there a more recent update to this because it is no longer working in my game?

That update by Triplis works still in my game. Dec patch, all packs, etc.
Test Subject
#158 Old 5th Jan 2020 at 12:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by claudiasharon
That update by Triplis works still in my game. Dec patch, all packs, etc.

do you know if there is something that might conflict with it? I added the ts4script file and the package file to my mod folder, but it isn't showing up in game.
Top Secret Researcher
#159 Old 5th Jan 2020 at 8:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nat2016
do you know if there is something that might conflict with it? I added the ts4script file and the package file to my mod folder, but it isn't showing up in game.

Are they just in your mods folder? Labeled mods? It might not work if it is in too many folders deep. So I would try it directly in your mods folder. What mod are you using that using this mod? You might want to ask them too.
Test Subject
#160 Old 31st Jan 2020 at 1:07 AM
Hello all. Is there a discord for whoever has taken on this mod after scumbumbo's terrible passing? I've been getting a bed/sleep error.
Test Subject
#161 Old 1st Feb 2020 at 5:19 PM
There is no sleep option when I attempt to use this mod, currently. Is there a current update as to the state of the mod?
Test Subject
#162 Old 4th Feb 2020 at 5:04 AM
Hi there! I hope it is okay for me to post this, but ... this mod, and most of Scumbumbo's mods, are being updated and maintained by other talented modders, as a means of memorializing Scumbumbo. I think it's a lovely gesture, not only to Scumbumbo, himself, but also to those like me who use his content, or use mods that depend upon the XML Injector. ♥ You can find the site here: http://scumbumbomods.com/
Lab Assistant
#163 Old 7th Feb 2020 at 8:58 PM
Default So sad miss him never meet even
Quote: Originally posted by Krud
Hi, Heidi. I can appreciate your skepticism, and don't blame you if you continue to doubt, but this is an unfortunate side effect of anonymous usernames online. I knew him in real life, and you're right, he would go quiet for long periods, which is why it was so long before I had even thought to investigate further. But I also know his real life name, and the city he was living in, and I read his obituary, and comments/tributes from his relatives. If I thought it would help to share it here, I would consider doing so. But you would still have no way of knowing that the man I knew by both his real name and as scumbumbo was in fact him. Though if you did know him in real life, his obituary is still available online. Otherwise it's not my place to link real-world personal data to online accounts. Again, the only reason I said anything is because I saw how much he meant to this community and I thought people might want some degree of closure. You are well within your rights to refuse.

Please krud, send his family a hug from players here, that miss him so much.
Lab Assistant
#164 Old 11th Feb 2020 at 4:35 AM
Oh my, that makes me so sad! I gave praise on one of his mods, and his reply really stuck with me. He was friendly, helpful, and witty. May he rest in peace.
Field Researcher
#165 Old 14th Feb 2020 at 11:16 PM
The news of scumbumbo's passing breaks my heart. He's always been one of the anchors in the modding community and I have missed him. RIP and blessed be, scumbumbo.

You can never have too much yarn, fabric, or books.
Test Subject
#166 Old 21st Feb 2020 at 2:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Valdesca
Please krud, send his family a hug from players here, that miss him so much.

Yes, please. His genius gifts are all over my game. I wish I could thank him enough.
Test Subject
#167 Old 29th Feb 2020 at 12:52 AM
For those of you still questioning his death here is a link to his obit. He passed away at a WHO concert on 05/23/19.
RIP Rich https://www.baue.com/obit/richard-gade/
Test Subject
#168 Old 17th Mar 2020 at 6:00 PM
Are there any known mods or issues that would prevent the injector from working ? I feel like I’ve been installing it correctly,it isn’t hard. But it isn’t working for me .
Test Subject
#169 Old 18th Mar 2020 at 5:22 PM
Can someone help me installing this? i downloaded the version of Triplis but whenever i run the gamt it doesn't show up. i use it for my 'paint by reference'' app. I have places it in my Mods folder and when i run the game i see that they have been installed.
Test Subject
#170 Old 28th Mar 2020 at 12:35 AM
Here is a link to the updated version (Feb. 2, 2020) by Triplis

https://scumbumbomods.com/#/xml-injector/
Test Subject
#171 Old 28th Mar 2020 at 12:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by zLauraa
Can someone help me installing this? i downloaded the version of Triplis but whenever i run the gamt it doesn't show up. i use it for my 'paint by reference'' app. I have places it in my Mods folder and when i run the game i see that they have been installed.

From the link in my previous comment:

Installation is simple. The file you download will contain two files, a script named XmlInjector_Script_v2.ts4script and XmlInjector_Test_v2.package.

Extract both of these files from the download file into your game Mods folder. You should install it directly into your Mods folder, and not a subfolder, in order to ensure that it can be easily located if you need to upgrade the script to a newer version.

The current version of the XML Injector is version 2, and denoted by the _v2 in the filenames. It has been written to work with the most recent game patch, 1.50.67 (February 21, 2019).

Once both files are installed, you must also ensure that script mods are enabled in your game options. This is very important as, though the XML Injector allows other mods to eliminate their scripts, the XML Injector does the scripting for them and so script mods must be allowed in your game.

After installing the XML Injector, you should test to make sure it is working properly. The included test package adds several test interactions to several game objects. Choosing one of these "XML Injector Test" interactions from the pie menu should display a notification that the XML Injector is working properly. If you do not see these test interactions then the XML Injector is not installed properly and will not work for mods that depend on it.

The "XML Injector Test" test interactions can be selected from any of the following six locations in the game.

On a household's mailbox

Any of the game's computer objects

Clicking on any Sim

In the "Friendly" chat choices when clicking on another Sim

From a Sim on the relationship panel

From the "Household" phone category

There is not really any need to test more than one of these choices, any single one should suffice. The test is primarily in so many places in order to serve as a useful reference for modders to see how to code their own mods.

Once you have verified that the XML Injector is working, you may remove the XmlInjector_Test_v2.package file and test interactions will no longer appear on your pie menus.

The script file should remain in your Mods folder. If the script is removed, other mods which depend on it will no longer operate properly.

You should check back here occasionally, particularly a day or two after game updates if it stops working, to see if the mod has been updated with any important additions or fixes for new game patches. In the future, a mod you download may specify that it requires features from a version newer than the one you have installed, and again this is an important reason to keep the mod installed in the main Mods folder so it can always be located easily and the version number verified.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#172 Old 8th Jun 2020 at 11:30 PM
I don't know what this is but my game says a mod requires this and i don't understand whats going on.
Mad Poster
#173 Old 9th Jun 2020 at 12:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jamjamputty
I don't know what this is but my game says a mod requires this and i don't understand whats going on.

It's a file that allows other mods to work without having to have completely new scripts which makes it easier for other creators to make certain mods.
The best place to get the latest version though is from here> https://scumbumbomods.com/#/xml-injector/ since scumbumbo has sadly passed away and the injector is now being maintained by Triplis.
You only need the file that ends in .ts4script
The test package is only needed to check if you have it set up correctly.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Test Subject
#174 Old 27th Jul 2020 at 2:08 PM
Default oh
Quote: Originally posted by Mendota
Thank you for coming to the rescue! I very much appreciate it. On another note... I hope Scumbumbo is alright.

i thought he pased away sadly
Test Subject
#175 Old 8th Aug 2020 at 1:48 PM
I downloaded the mod from the official site, but it doesn't work. Did everything as explained, but the test package doesn't do what it's supposed to do and the mods I need it for also don't work. There's nothing that explains what to do in that case, can anybody help?
Page 7 of 8