Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Oct 2020 at 4:17 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default PC-Config-log shows wrong video/graphic card, why?
Hi all! Suddenly my game started to flash purple. The whole neighborhood view is like that. And then the game crashed. I have tried to solve this and everything else seems to be ok, but for some reason, my config-log file says that I have GeForce 7800 GTX card, even I have GeForce GT 1030 card. Could that be reason for flashing and how I change it right? I have added GeForce GT 1030 to both of my videocards.sgr files. I am thankful for any advices.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 18th Oct 2020 at 9:48 PM
Do you use DXVK? I think that's what causes the GeForce 7800 GTX confusion. Also, what's your texture memory? Did you use Graphics Rules Maker?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 19th Oct 2020 at 8:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mate54
Do you use DXVK? I think that's what causes the GeForce 7800 GTX confusion. Also, what's your texture memory? Did you use Graphics Rules Maker?

Thank you! Actually I do use DXVK. I took it, because I wanted to use ReShade. It seems like after DXVK + ReShade I started to have that purple flashing. Now I deleted ReShade and DXVK and it looks like purple flashing is finally gone. Reshade is nice, but I can live without it, if game works better that way.
Though now I had a new graphic glitch....sometimes when I enter a lot view, the camera is up in the clouds and the lot view looks like strange mix of hood view and lot view. There is double grid on the lot and I cannot zoom closer from the sky, camera just acts weird. And also there is light blue flooding here and there all around the world. Does anyone happen to know what can cause this?
I have no sims living in the hood yet, I have been only building the world, so probably it is not corruption.