Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#11351 Old 12th Jun 2020 at 11:16 PM Last edited by Rosawyn : 12th Jun 2020 at 11:31 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Freefalldreams
Module 1. Cops have a chance of either lecturing or fighting burglar, depending on niceness - max niceness will always lecture, min will always fight, others have chances scaled on their niceness level. Chance of escape from lecture or fight is no longer set, but rather based on the difference between the logic skill level of cop and burglar for lecture and the body skill for fight. Cops with both high nice and active may lecture and then fight if burglar starts to escape, giving double chance of capture.

I really love this idea. As soon as I saw Midge's new mod, I thought that if the burglar tires to run away at the end of the lecture then the cop should at that point attempt to apprehend them thru the standard fight scenario. I love that Midge has incorporated the lecture from when a playable gets busted for counterfeiting but simply letting a burglar run away seems really silly to me. I like your idea of having the chance of lecture and success depend on personality and skills even better. This would be perfect, imo.

I believe I already have a Pescado mod that affects how all sims win/lose all fights based on skills and fighting experience. Ah, yes, here it is
Quote:
• thefightclub.package

Makes fighting a more desirable option in the game, eliminating those bizarre "phalanx defeats battleship" outcomes by making fight loops keep score and accumulate advantages instead of simply having their outcomes ignored. Fighting is now also more skill-based, with Mechanical and Logic skill playing small roles alongside Body. Combat experience adds a bonus to the fighter's skill. Grouchy sims will find fighting to be fun! The more grouchy the sim, the more fun fighting is!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#11352 Old 13th Jun 2020 at 12:14 AM
I know this is probably the opposite of what most people here want, but I wish there was really sexy revealing Default Replacement outfit for male maids to match the Maxis female one. The sort of thing that KnightSkyKite might have made. The Maxis male maid outfit is so sensible and practical -- and boring!

Why can't my straight female and gay male Romance Sims have some fun with their maids like Daniel and Don have with theirs? It's discrimination!

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#11353 Old 13th Jun 2020 at 12:43 AM
It might already exist, but I'd like a mod where inviting a household over counts as inviting someone over. It's almost always my Popularity Sims who roll that want and I like to invite the whole household over so they can meet people, but for some reason, it doesn't count even though you've invited someone over. Several someones. Usually I just Ctrl-click the want to get the points anyway, but it'd be nice if it happened automatically. Oh, and one where chatting to a relative on the phone counts towards the 'talk to a relative' want. They're family! They're talking! It should count!
Mad Poster
#11354 Old 13th Jun 2020 at 10:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by monijt1
I would like someone to convert the Paper Bag mask from Eco Living into a townified facial accessories for the Sims 2. I think it would be funny to see some random generated NPCs with a paper bag on their heads.

https://www.thesimsresource.com/dow...ims/id/1082299/
Field Researcher
#11355 Old 13th Jun 2020 at 11:34 AM
I'd like Sims to be able to stop fights. Parents shouldn't cheer on their kids fighting, they should break it up and then lecture them...
And lecturing kids for wrong behavior would be nice in general, not just encourage their own personality.
Mad Poster
#11356 Old 13th Jun 2020 at 7:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by enebya
I'd like Sims to be able to stop fights. Parents shouldn't cheer on their kids fighting, they should break it up and then lecture them...
And lecturing kids for wrong behavior would be nice in general, not just encourage their own personality.

I have, I think, two separate mods, one that unlocks the "Lecture" social and one that adds a "Chastise" social that I believe uses the same animations. One is by Midge the Tree. *checks downloads folder* Yeah, midgethetree_chastiseunlocked.package. The other is by Squinge: TalkLecture.package. The "Chastise" version is only available between family members and is non-autonomous. I believe the Lecture version is available always and autonomous.
Link to Midge's mod: https://midgethetree.tumblr.com/pos...ecause-chastise
Link to Squinge's: http://www.insimenator.org/index.php/topic,91764.0.html
The mods seem to work alongside each other with no conflicts or other weirdness.
Field Researcher
#11357 Old 13th Jun 2020 at 7:46 PM
Thank you! Do you know if they affect the childs behavior in the future? Will a lectured child learn not to fight?
Mad Poster
#11358 Old 13th Jun 2020 at 8:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by enebya
Thank you! Do you know if they affect the childs behavior in the future? Will a lectured child learn not to fight?

Unfortunately I do not believe either mod has any affect on the child's behaviour.
Mad Poster
#11359 Old 13th Jun 2020 at 9:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosawyn
Unfortunately I do not believe either mod has any affect on the child's behaviour.

And that would be a great mod-to make lecturing or 'encouraging' niceness to actually make a child stop fighting.

Because the encouraging one is only for those pixels who are nice to begin with and trying to get their spawn to imitate them. Sometimes it doesn't do anything at all

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Forum Resident
#11360 Old 14th Jun 2020 at 2:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
The Maxis male maid outfit is so sensible and practical -- and boring!

It may not be as overt as the female maid outfit, but the male maid shirt looks like something Fabio would wear on a paperback romance cover. I'm not sure I would call it "sensible and practical" for a realistic house cleaner.

Related: Has anyone ever recreated the stripper cake from Sims 1?
Mad Poster
#11361 Old 14th Jun 2020 at 3:22 AM
If it is at all possible, I'd love some way to force all lots that were saved paused (the only way I ever save) to again load paused when I come back in. Residential, apartment, dorm, and Greek house lots all do, of course. Hotels and owned businesses do not. I despise this.
Lab Assistant
#11362 Old 14th Jun 2020 at 4:30 AM
I have no idea if this is possible, but I'd really like if we could have the proper swimmable ponds from Castaway stories for TS2 (see here). I know it is possible to create fake pools with floor tiles, but we need to build a platform for it with a ladder and it also doesn't increase plantsims' water need like swimming in real pools does. I just imagine the chlorine in pools can't be good for plants so ponds would certainly be a better option. I figure since it was done in Castaway, it might be possible to port the functionality to TS2.

On the topic of ponds, it would also be nice to skate on frozen ponds like in TS3, I have no idea how possible it might be in TS2 though.

edit: I also would love to see the stripper cake recreated, or maybe the ability to hire "strippers" like you get in some TS3 parties. IIRC there was also dancing on counters in TS3 which could be a fun addition.

I'd also love to have all service NPCs spawned from playables or townies where it makes sense, along with any spawned service NPCs keeping their jobs when moved in.

Just a lurker lurking through... mostly.

Sometimes I'm more interested in Sims than others, so I tend to disappear and reappear at random.
Mad Poster
#11363 Old 14th Jun 2020 at 7:12 AM
Back-rubs should raise comfort. Maybe not a huge boost, but a small one. Maybe especially if the sim giving the back-rub knows one or more massage. But it makes no sense that I can watch a sim receiving a back-rub and her comfort just goes down thru the whole thing.
Top Secret Researcher
#11364 Old 14th Jun 2020 at 7:16 AM
Years ago in Sims 1 days I pretty much downloaded everything on Persimmon Grove.
http://persimmon.ephralon.de
I absolutely loved all the cc and I still miss it all, particularly the outdoor stuff. I wish it could be converted to Sims 2.
Top Secret Researcher
#11365 Old 14th Jun 2020 at 1:01 PM
Lately I am crazy about Hugsy from Friends (stuffed pingiun of Joey). My mom made one for me.
I would love to see the pinguin of the game changed into Hugsy.

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Contact me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
Alchemist
#11366 Old 14th Jun 2020 at 2:29 PM Last edited by omglo : 14th Jun 2020 at 2:40 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by humming-fli
I have no idea if this is possible, but I'd really like if we could have the proper swimmable ponds from Castaway stories for TS2 (see here).
The swimmable castaway lakes aren't just ponds. The ground is sloped in a way that the pond tool can't achieve, so Sims can enter it without stomping. If you just dig a pond in castaway, Sims can't get in. EA must've used a process we don't have access to.

Some time ago, I tried smoothing and gradually sloping the pond edge in TS2, so Sims would be able to wade in, but if you change it too much, the water disappears. Despite the claim on that Tumblr, Castaway and TS2 aren't the same game. Not everything can be ported.
Scholar
#11367 Old 14th Jun 2020 at 9:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BeckyBoo8
A mod where it's possible for households to live full time & age in University and Vacation subhoods.
Many universities (like the one I go to) aren't fenced in and separated from the people that live there normally. I would love to build a college town where there's the main campus with all of the school buildings surrounding by residential buildings. The homes would be a mix of students and families and the further you go away from campus the less students there are around.
I would also love to delve into the lives of the locals at Island, Mountain, and Far East locations. Sims from the main hood could still vacation there, or they could move there permanently & have to pay airfare when traveling between vacation hoods & subhoods. It would open so many possibilities.

That's a nice idea.

I really think all the universities I know are like that, but often the colleges are in a separate location.
So I got a YA-visitors-outside-uni mod, and now I think of my subhoods as different locations in the same city. You know, the city centre, the suburbs, the college on one side, whatever you want. And people from here and there will be found elsewhere.
I also got CJ's townie-apartment-residents mod, and townie college students will appear as apartment residents here and there. It sometimes is a bit strange (they might be living in a dorm and also apartment residents) but from a global point of view it works for me.
This is far from perfect (and your idea is great) but is the best I could manage with existing mods.
#11368 Old 15th Jun 2020 at 12:42 AM
Amura, I do something very similar. I consider all of my subhoods & mainhood to be within the same Township. Like there's Luna Canyon Township, which contains Luna Canyon (main hood), Cliffrose Heights (downtown) and will eventually include Canyon State University and Stella Lake (shopping district). The town hall and public school are in Luna Canyon, so no matter what subhood my Sims live in that is the school they will go to- until I build Stella Lake and make a private school. Even so, I'd still love to have regular families live in the university hood. Cliffrose Heights, Stella Lake, and Luna Canyon I built on SC4 and neighbor each other with matching edges, they're all the lush terrain. I wanted Canyon State University to be on the South Rim of the canyon and have the dessert terrain so I can have Spanish style houses. I'm too lazy to design another subhood haha and for some reason don't like the idea of having more than 1 of each type of subhood, excluding the three vacation destinations.
As for the YA-visitors-outside-uni mod, I'll have to go grab that. Thank you!
Scholar
#11369 Old 15th Jun 2020 at 11:53 AM
When a YA grows into an adult, nothing really changes but the outfit. Why, oh why?
I would like a mod that fix that, so that my Sims keeps using the same outfit - unless it's not avaliable for adults, of course.
Mad Poster
#11370 Old 15th Jun 2020 at 7:22 PM
Watching fight raises Sports enthusiasm so it's less of a complete waste of time.
Fighting, especially losing, drains energy and comfort significantly so those damn townies will leave the lot sooner instead of just spending the entire day attacking each other repeatedly.
Lab Assistant
#11371 Old 15th Jun 2020 at 8:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by omglo
The swimmable castaway lakes aren't just ponds. The ground is sloped in a way that the pond tool can't achieve, so Sims can enter it without stomping. If you just dig a pond in castaway, Sims can't get in. EA must've used a process we don't have access to.

Some time ago, I tried smoothing and gradually sloping the pond edge in TS2, so Sims would be able to wade in, but if you change it too much, the water disappears. Despite the claim on that Tumblr, Castaway and TS2 aren't the same game. Not everything can be ported.

Yeah I know there are a more differences between TS2 and Castaway than the other stories games, but IIRC Castaway runs on a somewhat modified TS2 Seasons engine. Some other features from Castaway I would have liked to see were the larger neighbourhood and roadless lots, though I suspect due to the fact we can't place new lots in Castaways it's not really that different as I've seen a recreation of Felicity Island for TS2 where roads were removed with the help of LotAdjuster and HoodReplace, now why EAxis couldn't have put the support for larger hoods in later EPs though .

You said you tried sloping the pond for sims to wade in, are they actually able to do that if the slope is right? I would expect them to just walk and not swim, or were you using something else?

On a similar note, I mentioned that plantsims don't fill their water need when swimming in fake pools, any idea why?

Just a lurker lurking through... mostly.

Sometimes I'm more interested in Sims than others, so I tend to disappear and reappear at random.
Field Researcher
#11372 Old 15th Jun 2020 at 9:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn
I might be the only person who still uses the nanny, but I would like a couple improvements: 1) the "dismiss" interaction is demoted from a regular social to an immediate action, like "End the Date", which causes her to immediately put down any babies/toddlers and stop doing whatever she's doing and leave. It's really hard to catch her when the nanny script has not completely taken her over to get her to leave. 2) Sometimes when you tell the nanny to track your schedule she comes over at completely random times and has to be dismissed again. I think this is related to sims getting promoted or getting new jobs, but she doesn't do things like come over when they would have left for their old job or anything, it's just at some completely random-ass time of day that makes no sense. I would really like for this to be fixed. Other than that, the nanny actually works fine for me.

I was just dreaming about a similar kind of mod:
I wish the "influence" interaction was performed instantaneously at a distance. I know that doesn't make a lot of logical sense, but it would make the feature actually useful. Right now, it takes so long to get the interaction going, and the chances of the influenced interaction failing to happen at all (particularly if it's a social interaction) are so high, I might as well just select the other sim with blender and force them to do the thing myself.
Scholar
#11373 Old 15th Jun 2020 at 11:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AlfredAskew
I was just dreaming about a similar kind of mod:
I wish the "influence" interaction was performed instantaneously at a distance. I know that doesn't make a lot of logical sense, but it would make the feature actually useful. Right now, it takes so long to get the interaction going, and the chances of the influenced interaction failing to happen at all (particularly if it's a social interaction) are so high, I might as well just select the other sim with blender and force them to do the thing myself.

Agree, the whole influence thing is pretty useless and I hate when wants to influence fills up my sim's wants. The only influence action that I ever actually do is influence someone to clean because then they clean everything autonomously without having to select each individual item to clean, so it's actually easier to influence someone to clean than make them do the cleaning themselves.
Mad Poster
#11374 Old 15th Jun 2020 at 11:20 PM
It is kind of annoying, but that would kind of change the influence interaction to be more of a mind control thing. I think it's reasonable that influence should fail to work sometimes, or be interrupted. In spite of that, I've still had successes with it.

Fun fact about influence, though: you know how pledges to Greek houses can be influenced for free? Well, if a sim pledges a Greek house but then graduates before actually joining it, they can continue to be influenced for free by former and current members of the Greek house even as an adult. I know the cost of influence is kind of negligible unless you use it a lot, but I always found that kind of funny.
Mad Poster
#11375 Old 16th Jun 2020 at 12:01 AM
Influence > Flirt is sometimes a bit funny, because Sims always seem to use high-level flirts (which predictably fail). So much for trying to hook up your friends.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Page 455 of 582