Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#11451 Old 7th Jul 2020 at 7:06 PM
Reading kestrellyn's thread about surrogate pregnancy made me wonder...
Is it true that birth of a baby is always a positive memory? I would like to see it be NEGITIVE in some cases; like if I've left ACR default at a negative number of children wanted. Or a jealous older sibling could actually cry at the birth, and dislike the baby. Guess I could alter the memory, but that doesn't change behavior/reaction. I have a mod that makes husband know the baby is not his (and he will dislike the mom -which is cool except when the birth is due to an abduction!). But would also like to see the non-baby-daddy be unwilling to take care of the baby, and difficult to build a relationship.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Advertisement
Alchemist
#11452 Old 7th Jul 2020 at 7:08 PM
Jealousy of the new sibling is already in the game. The older kid doesn't cry, but sometimes they have a negative relationship score with the baby right after it's born.
Alchemist
#11453 Old 8th Jul 2020 at 7:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Zarathustra
An in-wall shower (like the cheap UNI one) that's top-of-the-line, so I can make luxurious walk-in showers that are actually as fancy in terms of their hygiene and environment scores as they look.

Agree with Jo; I know you don't always use cc, Zarathustra, but for my fancy bathrooms I love using the ones by Veranka:
Io Bathroom
Simi Bathroom
Aura Bathroom
Keep Me Clean Outdoor Shower

@inspiredzone, the Aura shower without the glass doesn't have pipes. It's a bit expensive, but you can always reprice it.

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Forum Resident
#11454 Old 8th Jul 2020 at 10:22 PM
How about this shower?
https://modthesims.info/d/184793/mo...redownload.html
It's an in-wall shower.
Forum Resident
#11455 Old 13th Jul 2020 at 3:11 AM
Thanks. I think I didn't realize I had posted it in the Hacks and CC thread, I didn't need one, I was just musing over the dumb EA design.

Actual Hacks & CC wish: the ability for teens and adults to do cartwheels, headstands and somersaults. It would have been perfect to include for the uni cheerleaders and mascots.
Alchemist
#11456 Old 13th Jul 2020 at 7:26 PM
Bubble baths for toddlers would be nice. In real life, I'll bet toddlers take more bubble baths than any other age group.
#11457 Old 13th Jul 2020 at 7:38 PM
I wish careers were implemented into the game more. Like how we have surgeons but Sims never have anything that they need surgery for. Or how we can have a city council or mayor and taxes and such never gets voted on. Sure, I can write my Sim's career into their story all on my own, but I would love to see it really implemented into the gameplay. And this isn't really a hack or anything, just a feature I wish TS2 had.
Field Researcher
#11458 Old 13th Jul 2020 at 7:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BeckyBoo8
I wish careers were implemented into the game more. Like how we have surgeons but Sims never have anything that they need surgery for. Or how we can have a city council or mayor and taxes and such never gets voted on. Sure, I can write my Sim's career into their story all on my own, but I would love to see it really implemented into the gameplay. And this isn't really a hack or anything, just a feature I wish TS2 had.

My dream is an integrated SimCity/The Sims/Civilization game where you can develop from the year 1800 to 2150.

Depending on priorities, like education or technology, it changes at what point certain objects are available (free public school, electricity, cars, etc).
Depending on taxes as well, you have better roads or more parks.
Depending on what you have in the city, it affects what jobs you are able to have - without a stadium, no athletes; until there's a hospital, no surgeons.

You could choose a decade, and just stay there, or have it change over time.

Someone want to build a mod that would allow this for The Sims 2?
#11459 Old 14th Jul 2020 at 12:29 AM
omg! you should give that idea to the Paralives developers. It's a lot to tackle, but I'm sure they'd love that idea and possibly take some parts from it.
Forum Resident
#11460 Old 14th Jul 2020 at 4:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Coriel_Muroz
My dream is an integrated SimCity/The Sims/Civilization game where you can develop from the year 1800 to 2150.

Depending on priorities, like education or technology, it changes at what point certain objects are available (free public school, electricity, cars, etc).
Depending on taxes as well, you have better roads or more parks.
Depending on what you have in the city, it affects what jobs you are able to have - without a stadium, no athletes; until there's a hospital, no surgeons.

You could choose a decade, and just stay there, or have it change over time.

Someone want to build a mod that would allow this for The Sims 2?

I would love to see a mod for time progression done in years like that. Start out in pre-medieval eras to medieval to industrial to 20th -21st century and to a conceptual future. (floating houses, flying cars, sci-fi stuff) and have certain years to mark things like the discovery of electricity, scientific breakthroughs and watch as the landscape evolves after improvements over the years.
So yup. Count me in for that mod.
Mad Poster
#11461 Old 14th Jul 2020 at 4:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by omglo
Bubble baths for toddlers would be nice. In real life, I'll bet toddlers take more bubble baths than any other age group.

Connie the hormone monstress would like to have a word with you.
Forum Resident
#11462 Old 14th Jul 2020 at 4:46 AM
Yeah. I think the BACC kind of mimics progress, but not stylistically. it's weird to play many generations and your sims have the same fashions and technology as their great-great-great-grandparents.
Field Researcher
#11463 Old 14th Jul 2020 at 5:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by inspiredzone
Yeah. I think the BACC kind of mimics progress, but not stylistically. it's weird to play many generations and your sims have the same fashions and technology as their great-great-great-grandparents.

BACC does have some of the same elements that I am talking about. Clothes and style wise, you'd need to add another set of rules for fashions. Might be worth exploring and setting up my own rule set.
Mad Poster
#11464 Old 14th Jul 2020 at 6:01 PM
You will need many different Downloads folders with default replacements to swatch depending of into which era you are going to play..
Scholar
#11465 Old 14th Jul 2020 at 9:52 PM
I've actually tried doing the folders-per-era thing due to one of my recent whims being an evolving hood/megahood/BAAC-ish thing/whatever starting in 1901 and going until the present day. I never actually got around to even trying to start that, because I'd have to start in the hardest part to emulate and...I have serious issues with perfectionism. Going back to 1800 would be even less feasible by that method! The more interesting (and maybe actually useful for future play) part of this was trying to rewrite the rules for my existing legal/justice system, adding in politics, tying the political aspect to social welfare policies (availability and cost of healthcare and education, ect.), and making the entire conglomerate something that was not fixed as either a corrupt mess, an improbable ideal, or delicately balanced forever in between (or with sections being at wildly differing points, as was the default for me before!), but could change depending on things like who became mayor, general or "the law", their interests and personality, and who they got along well with -- or not! That got me thinking of alternate ideologies to the default high-functioning capitalism, the ramifications of functionality levels for different ideologies -- I did attempt to edit the political-compass-meme template to make sense of these to myself, but got frustrated when I realized that I at least needed a z-axis and maybe a fourth dimension. Basically I was trying to write an entirely new game with the same everyday-life elements of my heavily modded TS2 game, which was pretty useless given that my knowledge of coding ends at HTML and the source code for TS2 still isn't fully in our grasp. (I can make decent flow charts, but flow charts don't make a game!) Do game studios hire writers? Or political philosophers who can make flow charts? (I wasn't a philosophy major, so don't make that joke. I knew it already, so I minored in philosophy. It's been surprisingly helpful!)

My two dream games for a very long time have been basically Sims Through the Ages and Sims in Space, neither of which I've actually tried to emulate with mods until very recently due to the inherent imperfection of a cobbled-together homebrew. Of course, we know that the creators of the Sims games messed up their own historical Sims game! One of the reasons is that an actually accurate historical game that focuses on the everyday lives of individuals and is set before the 20th century in a world with any resemblance to our own is almost certain to get an M rating, even with heavy Sims-style euphemisms and read-between-the-lines, and too much earlier would probably get Adults Only (i.e. the same as XXX games) even with that...because, you know, social change. It would also be delightfully horrifying if TS2-style rotations were enforced, requiring the player to at least dabble in the lives of various households before time could progress, which would also affect the rating. The horrifying element would provide the impetus for the player to try to guide the evolving society down productive and humane paths...which could then backfire because they hadn't paid enough attention to the awful people or people with awful lives because they didn't want to think about them, so they misunderstood the reactions player manipulation of the path of history would get. Think of trying to prevent [insert war of your choosing], only to cause it to come earlier, or with a different outcome, or with nuclear rifles for every soldier...and there's no way to play through it except to experience it from inside households in different parts of the afflicted area, which probably means at least one on each side. Of course, this would probably be with TS1-style graphics, because of processor limitations for something so vast, which is another reason game companies aren't keen on such ideas. The pretty dumb games are much better for making fast money than something that is plain and requires imagination and thinking to get the desired results. (I'd personally take Rimworld-style graphics if gameplay was good enough!)

In all seriousness, maybe we should make a topic or a group on MTS to work out ideas for Paralives? It's dubious the developers would pay attention to ideas as sweeping as the above (and you probably don't want to get me started about the space stuff!), but they might be more interested in them than a more mainstream company. As far as I can tell, they don't have any writers...so mabey some of us could become Game Changers for them?
Mad Poster
#11466 Old 14th Jul 2020 at 10:12 PM
Mad Poster
#11467 Old 15th Jul 2020 at 5:31 PM
I don't know about anyone else, but as to careers, in Sims 1, there was a 'career-step' path for every career-where at the top of the career, the employee would be automatically sent into a related new career, at another level.
I wish that were possible in Sims 2.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Mad Poster
#11468 Old 15th Jul 2020 at 6:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by JDacapo
Is there a mod that can be used to unlock certain tech levels each generation?

You might look at Phaenoh's Apocalypse Challenge Mods on this site to see if you could use some of them.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Scholar
#11469 Old 15th Jul 2020 at 6:52 PM
I'd like to see a mod that allows the acquiring of LTWs during childhood. It would be random (and maybe limited to avoid, ah, some LTWs...or maybe not...), and would reroll them if the kid got an inappropriate aspiration upon becoming a teen (or maybe would give the option of keeping the LTW anyway if they grew up in platinum aspiration). It would provide good flavour for childhood (this kid wants to be a doctor, this one wants to be an astronaut -- well, general, but you know they're really thinking astronaut! -- and so on), and some of the LTWs make a whole lot more sense as childhood dreams than as teen ambitions. I know it would look like corruption, but we do know that kids with LTWs are a symptom, not a cause, and the Downtownie children have them just fine...
Mad Poster
#11470 Old 16th Jul 2020 at 2:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sunbee
You might look at Phaenoh's Apocalypse Challenge Mods on this site to see if you could use some of them.

Do those mods allow certain objects or object types to be locked manually?
Mad Poster
#11471 Old 16th Jul 2020 at 8:22 PM
I'd really like to see a hack that lets you add fences to collections. I don't get why we can't do that.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Mad Poster
#11472 Old 17th Jul 2020 at 3:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by JDacapo
Do those mods allow certain objects or object types to be locked manually?

I'm not sure what you mean by manually. The mods lock certain objects, careers, services, etc. You take the mod out, the things it blocks come back.

Like, if you really don't want kids to go to school, the mod that you're supposed to take out when the Apocalypse Career is lifted (Education, I think) blocks kids going to school. The law enforcement one blocks all emergency services, I think . . . I've played with them maybe once, but I prefer LadyLarkRune and RoseFyre's rules variations over Phaenoh's. (The tier system, yes, it's logical . . . but it's so easy! You're supposed to get Show Business or Entertainment or something else equally obnoxiously useless as your first lift, y'know?)

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Mad Poster
#11473 Old 17th Jul 2020 at 7:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sunbee
I'm not sure what you mean by manually. The mods lock certain objects, careers, services, etc. You take the mod out, the things it blocks come back.

Like, if you really don't want kids to go to school, the mod that you're supposed to take out when the Apocalypse Career is lifted (Education, I think) blocks kids going to school. The law enforcement one blocks all emergency services, I think . . . I've played with them maybe once, but I prefer LadyLarkRune and RoseFyre's rules variations over Phaenoh's. (The tier system, yes, it's logical . . . but it's so easy! You're supposed to get Show Business or Entertainment or something else equally obnoxiously useless as your first lift, y'know?)

I see. What I'm looking for is something where you can manually lock or unlock certain things during gameplay.
Mad Poster
#11474 Old 18th Jul 2020 at 9:55 AM
I want a hack what disables all college related wants and fears if there is no university shipped with the hood. Just something what checks college availability before rolling wants. All my teen sims and their parents's want slots are clogged with them in my "no way there will be any college" hood.
Field Researcher
#11475 Old 18th Jul 2020 at 11:09 AM
The same goes for downtown. I hate it when Sims call to invite me to go out, then refuse cause there isn't a downtown installed.
At least there is only one want associated with it.
Page 459 of 580