Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Alchemist
#24476 Old 2nd Aug 2020 at 7:42 PM
@Laurcleve, it goes in the latest EP folder, so if that's Fun with Pets for you (and judging by HobbesED's answer, it seems like it might be) then go with that. And there are standalone risky runaway & sneakout mods, if you only want those features. Midgethetree extracted some Inteen features here:
https://midgethetree.tumblr.com/pos...-controller-and

As someone who has used Inteen for years now, I don't find the conflicts to be much of a hassle. Occasionally, there's an older mod that just won't work with Inteen, but most of the time, in my experience, an Inteen version came along. You just need to be sure you're reading all the faqs and mod info, and installing things in the right order. No, it's the newer mods that are more likely to be InTeen incompatible--again, in my experience. A few times there's been a shiny new mod that came out and I'm like, 'This is awesome!' and then 'Crap, it conflicts with InTeen.' So if you're used to InTeen, if you like what it does, use most of its features, and you think you have a relatively set mod setup (and aren't going to be adding to that too much), then go ahead and put InTeen back in. But if you're thinking you might want to try out some new mods, or if you know you only used a handful of InTeen features, then maybe look for the extracted InTeen mods instead. That way as you add new mods in, you have maximum flexibility.

For me, I like InTeen; while I don't use everything in it, there's a couple of key features that I really like, namely multiple significant others. I also like the synergy between it and ACR, and that I don't need separate mods for YAs. My relationship/romance mods are pretty much set, too. There are some new interesting mods out there, but overall I'm happy with the way my game runs, so I just let those go. If I ever get around to creating a new hood, I might ditch InTeen and test out different mods in that folder--but like I said, I'm happy with things right now. But you can do that too (have InTeen in one folder, and other mods in another) if you're on the fence. I'll also add that if you think you might want to try out new mods later, maybe as you put mods back in right now, tag the ones that are InTeen compatible. That way if you uninstall Inteen later, you don't have to go through everything to find them. (That's another reason why I'm leaving in InTeen for now; I'd have to go through all my mods again and switch out InTeen versions. )

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Bored? Read an unfinished legacy or sim story. | aka Kelyns | she/her
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#24477 Old 2nd Aug 2020 at 10:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Laurcleve
Shoot, I'm glad I asked! I never would have figured that out. Thanks for your replies, everybody.

@Phantomknight, I don't have an M&G folder in my Program Files (x86), I only have these: _Installer, Apartment Life, Best of Business, Bon Voyage, Double Deluxe, Free Time, Fun With Pets, Glamour Life Stuff, Seasons, Support, University Life. (When I launch the game it's the Fun With Pets loading screen that I see.) I do have all the M&G stuff though, and I know that one came out last, so it must be included in one of the combo packs like Best of Business or Fun with Pets or something. Did the Fun with Pets combo pack come out after M&G? Maybe that's why I see that loading screen.

@joandsarah77, I was reading about it and got all thrilled of the idea of my teenage girl running away and coming home pregnant. (Well okay, not MY teenage girl - that wouldn't be thrilling at all - but my sim teenage girl.) All my teenagers are pretty well-behaved and make an effort to get along at home, so this would really be a departure for my town. Are there other mods out there that would allow for that?

The SP9 folder in Fun With Pets represents Mansions and Gardens. Maxis/EA released 8 EPs and even though M&G contained not only "stuff" but also code, for some reason they released it as a SP (Stuff Pack) and not as an EP (Expansion Pack) as it should have been. So the SP9 folder in UC's Fun With Pets represents the last TS2 EP that you can have.

I agree with Phantomknight. I've run InTeen pretty much since its inception. Now, I wouldn't want to play without it. The two biggest complaints I've seen about it are (1) how pervasive it is causing many mods to conflict with it and (2) how behind the scenes it temporarily makes teens into adults in order to allow teen pregnancy.

I think Phantomknight did a good job describing (1). And as far as (2) goes, as long as you ensure that all teen pregnancies are terminated one way or another should you choose to remove InTeen, then the other things the pseudo-teen pregnancy causes aren't that serious for me as they are only temporary. One example: Using InTeen when a teen becomes pregnant, there are no longer attraction bolts with other teens but the attraction bolts appear with adults since the teen is an adult behind the scenes. Once the pregnancy ends, however, attraction returns to normal teen to teen bolts since the teen is returned to teen age again behind the scenes.

All of my Conversions, Creations and Stories may be found here:
HobbesED's Conversions and Creations

My most recently shared items (with pictures) may also be found here:
HobbesED's Dreamwidth

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#24478 Old 2nd Aug 2020 at 10:49 PM
Shoot, I'm glad I asked! I never would have figured that out. Thanks for your replies, everybody.

@Phantomknight, I don't have an M&G folder in my Program Files (x86), I only have these: _Installer, Apartment Life, Best of Business, Bon Voyage, Double Deluxe, Free Time, Fun With Pets, Glamour Life Stuff, Seasons, Support, University Life. (When I launch the game it's the Fun With Pets loading screen that I see.) I do have all the M&G stuff though, and I know that one came out last, so it must be included in one of the combo packs like Best of Business or Fun with Pets or something. Did the Fun with Pets combo pack come out after M&G? Maybe that's why I see that loading screen.

@joandsarah77, I was reading about it and got all thrilled of the idea of my teenage girl running away and coming home pregnant. (Well okay, not MY teenage girl - that wouldn't be thrilling at all - but my sim teenage girl.) All my teenagers are pretty well-behaved and make an effort to get along at home, so this would really be a departure for my town. Are there other mods out there that would allow for that?

Haha, the things we find enjoyable in the sims but *not* real life.

I think @Chris Hatch might have a mod or was it Midge? Someone here will know for sure.

What I would do is actually play it. I have played a teenage runaway but not a pregnant one as I don't have mods for that but I know one is called Wild Child. So if I wanted to play this after she got pregnant I would make her family relationships low and use the memory manipulator to give her that runaway memory. Then I would set her as independent teen on the simblender and move her out.
Or another way could be make her unhappy enough to actually run away then see if you can teleport her back home and set as independent teen. I haven't tried to teleport a runaway teen before to know if that works, but that would be best as it gives everyone a memory. Then I would move them out and play them, possibly changing them back to a regular teen. Regular teens have more limitations that I like.
You would need at least a teen pregnancy mod like Wild Child.
Possibly the Memory Manipulator -would not be without this.
Simblender. (can also make teens pregnant)

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Alchemist
#24479 Old 3rd Aug 2020 at 2:19 AM
Jo, it's Midge who did a risky runaway/sneak out mod; I linked to it in my post earlier.

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Bored? Read an unfinished legacy or sim story. | aka Kelyns | she/her
Forum Resident
#24480 Old 3rd Aug 2020 at 4:00 AM
Default Still Life Paintings reverting to a Default Painting
I've had this sporadic issue for years and I've not found any explanation of it or any fix for it. I'm hoping someone else may have some idea(s). It happened when I ran from disks and it continues to occur now that I run Ultimate Collection. It isn't restricted to any particular neighborhood. I can't predict when it will happen.

My Sims use the "Paint Still Life" option on the easel to create paintings. Those completed paintings hang on the walls of my Sims homes. But sometimes some of those paintings (not even all of them on the same lot) have mysteriously reverted to the EA/Maxis default desert sun painting the next time I enter that lot. I haven't been able to figure out what causes that glitch. It is seemingly random. My Sims haven't reset. Everything else is just as it was the last time I played that lot, only the paintings have changed.

When you open a Lot file in SimPE and look at the Texture Image (TXTR) resource, Still Life paintings are normally shown with a name similar to #0x6f00a738!painting_c4b3fa61_txtr in the Resource List. However after the glitch, none of the paintings which have reverted to the desert sun painting show up in the Resource List any longer. It's like the lot still has information that a painting is there but has somehow lost the information for the exact painting so it substitutes the desert sun painting texture in its place.

Has anyone else had this happen? Any ideas what may be the cause?

HobbesED's Dreamwidth

Field Researcher
#24481 Old 3rd Aug 2020 at 4:57 AM
Is there any way to make the cow plant eat visitors? Mine just spits them back out. Maybe a mod of some kind...?

Hmm. That was a neighbor. I tested on a random townie and it ate her just fine.
Scholar
#24482 Old 3rd Aug 2020 at 6:03 AM
perhaps they are low on hygiene?
Mad Poster
#24483 Old 3rd Aug 2020 at 6:37 AM
For some reason starting with BV they made it so that visiting playables can't die by any means anymore. I'm not sure why, since if you mod that behavior out it seems to work just fine, but I'm going to wait a while and play my neighborhood for a while to make sure nothing blows up before releasing it properly. They also made it so that tourists and vacation locals can't die, but I think that was just a mistake. I *think* sims may still be able to die if they were saved on a residential lot and they are selectable at the time of death, so if you really want them to die, try making them selectable first. Anyone who was saved on a lot other than a residential lot or a hotel can't die regardless of whether or not they are selectable (unless they are part of the current family).
Mad Poster
#24484 Old 3rd Aug 2020 at 7:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn
For some reason starting with BV they made it so that visiting playables can't die by any means anymore. I'm not sure why, since if you mod that behavior out it seems to work just fine, but I'm going to wait a while and play my neighborhood for a while to make sure nothing blows up before releasing it properly. They also made it so that tourists and vacation locals can't die, but I think that was just a mistake. I *think* sims may still be able to die if they were saved on a residential lot and they are selectable at the time of death, so if you really want them to die, try making them selectable first. Anyone who was saved on a lot other than a residential lot or a hotel can't die regardless of whether or not they are selectable (unless they are part of the current family).

A social townie from AL died when he visited one of my sim lots, though - that was before I actually used any mods at all. My sim had a guitar and a drum set, and the townie (in a funky tie suit, Ray, I think) joined him in making music and then out of nowhere, the grim reaper appeared. My sims went into mourning for a sim they have never met before While it was an exception to the rule, it was memorable!
Mad Poster
#24485 Old 3rd Aug 2020 at 7:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HobbesED
I've had this sporadic issue for years and I've not found any explanation of it or any fix for it. I'm hoping someone else may have some idea(s). It happened when I ran from disks and it continues to occur now that I run Ultimate Collection. It isn't restricted to any particular neighborhood. I can't predict when it will happen.

My Sims use the "Paint Still Life" option on the easel to create paintings. Those completed paintings hang on the walls of my Sims homes. But sometimes some of those paintings (not even all of them on the same lot) have mysteriously reverted to the EA/Maxis default desert sun painting the next time I enter that lot. I haven't been able to figure out what causes that glitch. It is seemingly random. My Sims haven't reset. Everything else is just as it was the last time I played that lot, only the paintings have changed.

When you open a Lot file in SimPE and look at the Texture Image (TXTR) resource, Still Life paintings are normally shown with a name similar to #0x6f00a738!painting_c4b3fa61_txtr in the Resource List. However after the glitch, none of the paintings which have reverted to the desert sun painting show up in the Resource List any longer. It's like the lot still has information that a painting is there but has somehow lost the information for the exact painting so it substitutes the desert sun painting texture in its place.

Has anyone else had this happen? Any ideas what may be the cause?

This is common, though it usually happens to paintings that have been moved from the lot where they are painted. I believe blue-flashing photo booth photos are the same problem on a slightly different customized picture. Interestingly enough, when I played my Uberhood challenge and moved all the paintings the kids did and all the photobooth photos Rhett took of his dates with the family from apartment to apartment, they were fine right up until I moved them into their last residence, a single-family home rather than a rental - and then there was devastation! I'm not sure whether this would provide information about the problem to a sufficiently knowledgeable person, or whether it was a fluke, but present the facts for what they are worth.

Some years ago Mootilda figured out what was happening and found a laborious fix for it, but it was laborious enough that I never tried it and don't now remember what it was. I think it involved retrieving information from a backup, but that's all I remember and I could be wrong.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Scholar
#24486 Old 3rd Aug 2020 at 2:08 PM
I don't have an M&G folder in my Program Files (x86), I only have these: _Installer, Apartment Life, Best of Business, Bon Voyage, Double Deluxe, Free Time, Fun With Pets, Glamour Life Stuff, Seasons, Support, University Life. (When I launch the game it's the Fun With Pets loading screen that I see.) I do have all the M&G stuff though, and I know that one came out last, so it must be included in one of the combo packs like Best of Business or Fun with Pets or something. Did the Fun with Pets combo pack come out after M&G? Maybe that's why I see that loading screen.

Mansion & Garden Stuff shipped with Fun With Pets Collection so it installs into that folder as SP9.
The disk version of Fun With Pets Collection also ships with a newer Store Edition which is the newest EP/SP we can own. However apart from improved html handling it adds nothing and saved neighbourhoods are not usable with lower EP/SPs (including M&G) so it's not worth using.
Forum Resident
#24487 Old 3rd Aug 2020 at 2:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
This is common, though it usually happens to paintings that have been moved from the lot where they are painted. I believe blue-flashing photo booth photos are the same problem on a slightly different customized picture. Interestingly enough, when I played my Uberhood challenge and moved all the paintings the kids did and all the photobooth photos Rhett took of his dates with the family from apartment to apartment, they were fine right up until I moved them into their last residence, a single-family home rather than a rental - and then there was devastation! I'm not sure whether this would provide information about the problem to a sufficiently knowledgeable person, or whether it was a fluke, but present the facts for what they are worth.

Some years ago Mootilda figured out what was happening and found a laborious fix for it, but it was laborious enough that I never tried it and don't now remember what it was. I think it involved retrieving information from a backup, but that's all I remember and I could be wrong.

Thanks Peni, I haven't heard of others having the problem. I guess it's somewhat comforting to know it's rather commonplace. I can't honestly say that it happens to paintings that stay on the lot where they were painted or not. The paintings are typically Sims' facial portraits painted at each life stage. When my Sims marry and move to another lot, their paintings go with them and when the Sim dies, their paintings are moved to the cemetery lot along with their urn. I notice it most frequently on the cemetery lot. But the paintings which revert are not always those of the last Sim(s) who moved there. The last time it happened, 16 paintings of 6 different Sims moved there over at least 6 different play sessions had reverted to the default.

I have a workaround which is why I've put up with it for so long without mentioning it. Once a painting is at least started, I save the game. I copy the lot file to the desktop (so I can open it with the game still running) and extract the texture into a .png file to save it. Then if/when the painting reverts, I copy the .png file into the Paintings folder and use the "Paint Custom Painting" selection on the easel to have another Sim recreate the painting. (These custom paintings are stored in the Lot file Texture Image Resource List with a different name - one along the lines of #0x6f00a75e!custom_painting_04bb96e9_txtr rather than how the original was stored with just "painting" in it.) Needless to say, my cemetery caretakers have all maxed out their creative abilities and are almost always "in the zone" when they have to recreate paintings that have reverted to a default texture.

HobbesED's Dreamwidth

Mad Poster
#24488 Old 3rd Aug 2020 at 4:02 PM
That might be the same laborious solution Mootilda found. It sounds familiar.

(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Link Ninja
#24489 Old 3rd Aug 2020 at 4:28 PM
That painting issue happens to me all the time, with any custom painting - still life, portrait, or regular 'paint custom' and after a specific EP whenever I moved lots the paintings would eventually revert to the desert sun. I know it wasn't an issue when I played with Just Base, Nightlife, Uni, and Seasons because I had several uni sims paint at college and move back to the hood, display their paintings in their homes, and those paintings are still in tact to this day. It's not the case anymore, so not sure which EP made custom paintings unstable upon moving residences.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Mad Poster
#24490 Old 3rd Aug 2020 at 9:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Justpetro
A social townie from AL died when he visited one of my sim lots, though - that was before I actually used any mods at all. My sim had a guitar and a drum set, and the townie (in a funky tie suit, Ray, I think) joined him in making music and then out of nowhere, the grim reaper appeared. My sims went into mourning for a sim they have never met before While it was an exception to the rule, it was memorable!

Yes, like I said, most townies other than tourists and vacation locals can die, only the visiting playables can't.
Alchemist
#24491 Old 4th Aug 2020 at 1:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CatherineTCJD
My new machine is going to be:
Lenovo W540
i7-4800mq (Quad Core)
32gb DDR3 RAM.
1920x1080p IPS display.
500gb SSD, and a 240gb M.2 NGFF drive (on the MB).
nVidia K2100m graphics

I play on the W530 with this graphics card. You'll have a bit more speed and RAM, but I think that 2GB graphics card may still be a ceiling for some things.

MY QUESTION:
This seems like a stupid question. How do I find and delete the hood deco for the pig blimp? I can't find it and it just doesn't go with the hood.
Mad Poster
#24492 Old 4th Aug 2020 at 2:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sunrader
I play on the W530 with this graphics card. You'll have a bit more speed and RAM, but I think that 2GB graphics card may still be a ceiling for some things.

Ooooh - good catch! I'll ask about that! Thanks

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Inventor
#24493 Old 4th Aug 2020 at 2:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sunrader
MY QUESTION:
This seems like a stupid question. How do I find and delete the hood deco for the pig blimp? I can't find it and it just doesn't go with the hood.

I think that pig balloon only spawns if you have a water tower placed? I may be wrong but it's not something you can get rid of easily, that's for sure

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads
Mad Poster
#24494 Old 4th Aug 2020 at 2:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sunbee
It's quite likely that I'm going to have to buy a new computer.

Which I'm not thrilled about, because expensive. However. I own Windows 7 on disks, so rollback of OS is possible if the machine itself is compatible. So it could be worse. (My husband's a former IT pro, now in a lower stress job, there's quite a bit we can do beyond what the stores offer.)

And there's a potential upside: Zarathustra, and anyone who plays on Zara's lots, would you be so kind as to share what your computer components are, please? Maybe I can get a machine that will run them without crashing!

Sorry, just saw this!

(Before I answer, I'll also point out that I built my desktop myself a couple years ago, so you probably won't find a pre-manufactured computer with exactly the same specificiations (but building it myself wasn't as hard as I expected, and I got a lot more for the amount I spent than I would have been able to with a pre-built PC, so don't immediately discount the possibility if you're looking at a desktop))

i7-8700K (6 core)
ROG STRIX Z370-E gaming motherboard
16GB Ram
Dual 1920x1080 27" monitors
240GB SSD, 2TB HD
Radeon RX 570 8GB graphics card
Windows 10 Home OS

I'm sure I knew why those were all good choices when I bought the various components, but since I haven't really had any major problems since I built it (knock on wood), I've kind of forgotten why I chose some of them over other options (though I will confess, I did make a few final decisions based on aesthetics and RGB lighting, which probably added around $100 to the final price (I still maintain it was worth it- if I'm spending hours working on it, I want it to look nice too!)

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Alchemist
#24495 Old 4th Aug 2020 at 3:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Primavera
I think that pig balloon only spawns if you have a water tower placed? I may be wrong but it's not something you can get rid of easily, that's for sure

I wondered if it was tied to the water tower. I'll check into that.
Mad Poster
#24496 Old 4th Aug 2020 at 3:36 AM
Yes, it's the water tower.

Inventor
#24497 Old 4th Aug 2020 at 3:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
Yes, it's the water tower.

I thought so, no wonder I stopped putting in the water tower in my neighborhoods. I don't think cc water towers have that issue though.

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#24498 Old 4th Aug 2020 at 6:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by @CatherineTCJD
Ooooh - good catch! I'll ask about that! Thanks

You want at 4 GB graphics card. I have the NVIDEA 1050 TI which is a moderate card and Gina has the same.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#24499 Old 4th Aug 2020 at 7:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Primavera
I thought so, no wonder I stopped putting in the water tower in my neighborhoods. I don't think cc water towers have that issue though.

You can tell by moving the water tower around before you place it. If the pig is attached, you can sometimes see it "orbiting" the top of the tower as you move the tower around.
Forum Resident
#24500 Old 4th Aug 2020 at 11:03 AM
When a house is infested with roaches, and you move the entire household out on the hood screen, do the roaches disappear from the lot, or do the next inhabitants have to deal with them too?
Page 980 of 1339