Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#326 Old 21st Nov 2009 at 11:05 PM
I can't see any pictures
Advertisement
Test Subject
#327 Old 22nd Nov 2009 at 11:45 AM
Very nice and simple tutorial. Creating your own walls and floors is really satisfying. Thankyou.
Test Subject
#328 Old 1st Dec 2009 at 12:46 AM
So this isn't for mac? Is there any wall/floor maker for mac? If so, message me...
Test Subject
#329 Old 29th Jan 2010 at 2:29 AM
Default How do i become a creator?
i would like to upload some of my lots that i have made over the months, but im still fuzzy on this entire thing, help would be nice. -Jonn
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
Lab Assistant
#331 Old 4th Feb 2010 at 6:00 PM Last edited by meriel : 9th Feb 2010 at 5:56 PM.
Default Floor issue in game

I've been making some walls and floors lately and everything seemed fine, they look great in Homecrafter and all but when I was going to use the floors in the game they were black, both in the catalog and when I use them on the ground. Pitch black. And just the floors, the walls looks the same as in Homecrafter. I've done floors before this and they look just fine but the new ones are suddenly turning black in the game.

I read through this tutorial and thread in hope of finding an answer and I've searched elsewhere but can't find anything that could fix this so I would really appreciate it if someone could help me.

EDIT:
Never mind, I just deleted the floors, uninstalled Homecrafter, installed it again and re-made the floors. Clever me..
Test Subject
#332 Old 7th Feb 2010 at 3:40 PM
the images in the tutorial wont show. is there something i can do to fix it?
Test Subject
#333 Old 26th Feb 2010 at 1:42 AM
thanks。
Lab Assistant
#334 Old 17th Mar 2010 at 9:40 PM
I can't see any pictures!!!
Test Subject
#335 Old 8th Apr 2010 at 5:52 PM
BTW you can get photoshop elements which is nearly as good as the full CS versions for hardly anything off amazon...

In case it helps
Test Subject
#336 Old 20th Apr 2010 at 4:37 PM
[QUOTE=meriel]
I've been making some walls and floors lately and everything seemed fine, they look great in Homecrafter and all but when I was going to use the floors in the game they were black, both in the catalog and when I use them on the ground. Pitch black. And just the floors, the walls looks the same as in Homecrafter. I've done floors before this and they look just fine but the new ones are suddenly turning black in the game.

I have the same problem!

I send an email to ea but they dont wont help us...its only a tool and you can play the game without that that was the answer!!!!!

Sorry my english is not very good...

so please help us.....
Field Researcher
#337 Old 21st Apr 2010 at 9:35 AM
Try to do what meriel did: Start again from scratch. You might not need to uninstall and reinstall Homecrafter, but delete your floor and make a new one from the beginning.

Moune's Neighbourhood
If you need a cool place for your sims to chill out.
Test Subject
#338 Old 16th May 2010 at 4:29 PM Last edited by AwwsumWQ : 29th Jun 2010 at 5:04 PM.
There aren't any images... Does someone have a link to download them? I would've been thick with the pictures, and without them I'm doomed.
Test Subject
#339 Old 24th Aug 2010 at 6:56 PM
Is it just me or are the images in this tutorial refusing to load? It's very frustrating and is making this more difficult than it has to be.
Test Subject
#340 Old 26th Aug 2010 at 9:19 AM
Ok... Cute!-
Test Subject
#341 Old 11th Dec 2010 at 9:16 AM
I can't see the tutorial images either.
Test Subject
#342 Old 13th Jan 2011 at 11:01 AM
I have my walls, everything ready, but my Print Screen button won't work! What now? How can I get pictures off my wall now?
Test Subject
#343 Old 4th Feb 2011 at 12:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Endjinda
I have my walls, everything ready, but my Print Screen button won't work! What now? How can I get pictures off my wall now?

Do you use a Screenshot/ Printscreen program?
If not, you could try e.g. Gadwin, or install any other free Printscreen program.
Test Subject
#344 Old 4th Feb 2011 at 12:33 AM
Now I have a question of my own.
I know that MAC users need a different wall size for their games (256x512).
What about floors? I made a floor of 512x512 and chose 2x2 tiled. Which size does MAC require in this case?
Top Secret Researcher
#345 Old 4th Feb 2011 at 1:10 PM
It is my understanding that Mac user's floors, walls & groundcovers will work if you use the template size. For floors this is 256x256.

Retired from the Sims world. Please continue to enjoy my creations. Thank you to everyone who helped -- by either giving me the tools and knowledge to create or by encouraging me & downloading my creations. The Sims community is the BEST!
Test Subject
#346 Old 6th Feb 2011 at 12:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by bluetexasbonnie
It is my understanding that Mac user's floors, walls & groundcovers will work if you use the template size. For floors this is 256x256.

Thank you very much for your quick response.
So, for Macintosh it can only be 256x256?
The effect would be gone then, because by using a 512x512 texture file on 2x2 tiling will show an enlarged texture in game.
When I use a 256x256 texture file and choose 2x2 tiling, the texture will become rather blurry.
No way to solve it?
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#347 Old 6th Feb 2011 at 2:26 AM
Test Subject
#348 Old 6th Feb 2011 at 9:42 PM
Thank you, HugeLunatic!
I'm a Windows XP user, creating walls and floors for uploading.
Mac users told me about problems with my walls, which I did 256x768, and floors of 512x512 size, so I was wondering about the floors.
Thanks again for info.
Test Subject
#349 Old 15th Feb 2011 at 4:07 AM
I can't see the tutorial pictures either. I can probably muddle through the rest of it, but the first one that shows you the sizes you need for your tiles... Seems kinda important. I'm using Paint.NET. Help?
Lab Assistant
#350 Old 21st Feb 2011 at 5:09 PM
I downloaded Paint.NET, but it wouldn't allow me to open more than one copy of itself at a time. Is there a specific version I am supposed to use for this? Please PM with help...
Page 14 of 16