Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#76 Old 19th Oct 2008 at 3:21 AM Last edited by fg109 : 20th Oct 2008 at 4:24 PM.
I think I've found another work around for having different levels even though the apartment complex is built on a foundation.

You build your apartment complex as usual, but instead of having a foundation, you have walls that are 4 clicks high. You change the zoning to apartment base, save and exit to neighborhood. Then you go back in, use the cheat "boolprop aptbaselotspecifictoolsdisabled false" and delete all the 4 click walls. Replace with a foundation and voila!

I discovered this while trying to build private underground garages. I tried the thing with the invisible fence, but it just wouldn't work for me. I mean, it worked for private backyards, and for making a sunken room linking to the basement, but not if it's an underground garage.

EDIT: I was wrong. I can't reproduce the effect. It only worked for me twice. I guess I was just lucky or something...

EDIT 2: I figured out the problem. The times that I was unsuccessful trying to include private basements, I was using connecting stairs. Apparently the game only likes staircases.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#77 Old 30th Oct 2008 at 3:48 AM
hEY I need help I just builted a apartment 4 familes are in there but its a 9 unit apartment and I can't get to fill the rest. Its always says merge a family but why if theres 5 more units left. someone help me.
Test Subject
#78 Old 30th Oct 2008 at 3:49 AM
Default more familes into apartments
hEY I need help I just builted a apartment 4 familes are in there but its a 9 unit apartment and I can't get to fill the rest. Its always says merge a family but why if theres 5 more units left. someone help me.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
Original Poster
#79 Old 30th Oct 2008 at 11:04 AM
dariusjmaye - You can only put four playable families in an apartment. The rest will be filled with apartment dweller NPCs.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
#80 Old 3rd Nov 2008 at 3:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Pooky213
Hi -- I'm trying to use the first code (sublot.) I enter the family through the neighborhood, bring up the cheat box, type the code, and nothing happens. I have typed it, saved, gone back to the hood, and then reentered the property, and again nothing happens. I have typed the code, switched back and forth with Live Mode, and nothing happens. What am I doing wrong? I would like to change a wall in an apartment. Thanks!

UPDATE: OK, found that I wasn't using the correct capitalization. It should be: boolProp aptSubLotSpecificToolsDisabled true/false. Made an alias for this so I don't have to type so much when I use it and now I'm set to change occupied apartments. (Just have to remember to click on Buy Mode and then Build Mode to "activate" the code after typing it.)

I have tried this.. along with everything else anyone has suggested to unlock build mode in an occupied apartment and it's still not working for me?
Any ideas anyone?
Test Subject
#81 Old 3rd Nov 2008 at 4:39 PM
I would love to find out as well.

I'm getting frustrated really quick with AL. I think I just need to take a break for awhile then try again when I'm not scatterbrained!

Suede Bed at RegencyShop.com | micro suede comforter set Clearance Sale!
Field Researcher
#82 Old 7th Nov 2008 at 6:18 PM
i have downloaded some of plasticbox's row houses. can i edit the lots in a way that will turn them into apartments?

check out my story Faking It
Casting call for Eve's Apple currently going on PM me!
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
Original Poster
#83 Old 7th Nov 2008 at 6:24 PM
summer_wine - If they're set up properly, sure - you'd just change the front door to an apartment door. It may require some remodeling/editing to make them work right. I can't recall whether many of hers are on a foundation (I think they are as they've usually got basements) so you'll probably have to enclose the backyard in a fence and do the trick with the invisible fencing.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Field Researcher
#84 Old 8th Nov 2008 at 4:22 AM Last edited by summer_wine : 8th Nov 2008 at 2:24 PM.
Thanks HP! I will try one today. It would be cool to have four families in one lot. Thanks for this thread I will refer to it if I ever run into any problems.

ETA

I managed to make it work. Yay! Thanks again. I will try it with other buildings.

Test Subject
#85 Old 9th Nov 2008 at 6:02 PM
Default AL and Garages
Hi!

I have a question.
I´m trying to put the cars on the garage. But I can´t. I don´t now what´s the problem. I saw an apartment and I would love to put the cars like this.

Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#86 Old 13th Nov 2008 at 11:42 AM
Hi all

I know that this is probably an old question, but I have been working on a trailer park (looking good) and I see that all the ground on the park is communal - my sim has no garden of their own; what happens if I get a reward object from a date or a group outing? Can my Sim pick it up? If not, what do I do to fix this?
Test Subject
#87 Old 16th Nov 2008 at 3:51 PM
Ok, so I have an apartment building with 4 lots on it (two of them are two story), they're fully furnished, have the proper doors and even checked that wiki link to double check everything is right.
And as far as I can see theres absolutely nothing wrong with the apartments, yet I'm still getting the error, whats going on guys?

I wish they would make an update so you can make apartments, because I'm getting so annoyed with trying to make this stupid thing.

I mean, the default apartments are rubbish, I like having big rooms and big families and it cant happen with those so its plain old boring houses.
Field Researcher
#88 Old 16th Nov 2008 at 4:30 PM
My Dying Romance, maybe you could post a screen shot of your apartment?

Test Subject
#89 Old 17th Nov 2008 at 9:09 PM
Default Mailbox
Quote: Originally posted by DarkLolita
I am getting frustrated here. I cannot get my mailbox to change. Although the game plays fine without it. I have removed all my custom arches, moved the mailbox around, checked all the doors. The only think i can figure is maybe the onside workout center that is a common area? I have seen people with this issue but no one has mentioned if they had anything like a gym. The gym isn't on the same level as the apartments which are one story(2 twobedrooms and 2 one bedrooms) But it does have a mens and womens locker room. could this be an issue?

I had the same problem with my mailbox and the roommate thing (just getting an icon but the roommate is not there). Finally found that I had a very well hidden mailbox hack (the one to "force a burglary, force paper delivery etc). Anyway tracked it down with delphys organiser programme and deleted it. No more roommate problems and the mailbox now shows up properly and I dont get twenty rent messages from the landlady on a monday! Might be worth a try!
Test Subject
#90 Old 17th Nov 2008 at 9:58 PM
Hi everyone. I have been reading through the posts here for the last half hour or so, to the point my eyes are starting to cross. I have been trying to find a solution (MAYBE) to my problem.

I spent 2 days working on a house with an apartment in the basement. I go in and enter the apartment cheat - SUCCESS! Go back into the neighborhood and there is the lot with the little apartment symbol above. I grab the family, move them into my "money lot" to get them the money to move into the upstairs apartment. Go back to move them into the house to move in and - IT IS GONE!

What I have been told is I probably used the sublot cheat (maybe - can't remember) and that makes your house disappear. I was told to look for it in SimPE. It is GONE as far as I can tell.

Guess my question is, is there ANY WAY to get it back?

My other question is, WHY would EA/Maxis put such a cheat in the game if it makes your homes disappear?

I have kids. Nothing scares me anymore.
Field Researcher
#91 Old 19th Nov 2008 at 4:20 PM
Can i put the apartment door in a 45 degree angle? I mean will it work and serve its purpose? Thanks!

Deviant Savant
retired moderator
#92 Old 19th Nov 2008 at 5:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by summer_wine
Can i put the apartment door in a 45 degree angle? I mean will it work and serve its purpose? Thanks!

Yes, it works like that.

"I guess I should warn you: If I turn out to be particularly clear, you've probably misunderstood what I said" - Alan Greenspan
Field Researcher
#93 Old 20th Nov 2008 at 4:00 AM
Thanks Cynical Chick! :D

Test Subject
#94 Old 29th Nov 2008 at 8:08 AM
Default I've a problem as well...
I have two problems:

1) I made a Sim, and moved them into one of the pre-built apts in Belladonna Cove. Before entering the lot, I entered the testingcheatsenabled cheat. Once I entered the lot I get errors for the apt doors - clicking cancel and reset does nothing to solve this problem, and when I click "delete" it, obviously, deletes the apt doors so that I can't rent an apt! I didn't even edit this apt so I don't know wth is wrong here...

2) I downloaded an apt from the here (the Spanish apt), and redecorated it completely. I checked the FAQs here to be sure I built it to specs - it has the right door (and only one door), no walk-over separators, no custom architecture, etc... and I don't get any errors when I rezone the lot. However, in the neighborhood, it says the apt buildings rent is 0-0 and won't let me move any sims in. But I don't get an error at all! The apt building is 4 stories, with the apartments started on the second story (which is where the front door to the building is). There is another entrance to the building on the first floor, in the back. And I have fencing in the backyard.

Thanks in advance for help offered! It's driving me crazy :-(((
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#95 Old 29th Nov 2008 at 10:25 AM
can you give the link to the spanish apartments please? I will have a look at it.

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Test Subject
#96 Old 29th Nov 2008 at 10:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by leesester
can you give the link to the spanish apartments please? I will have a look at it.

http://modthesims2.com/download.php?t=161402

I've edited it to include a fenced in backyard, one entrance to each apartment using the special separator door (all mats facing out), and no custom architecture. All game architecture.

Also - I had installed recolors of the apartment doors... do you know if this could be why I can't play the Maxis built apts?
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#97 Old 29th Nov 2008 at 10:27 PM
I will download and install and see what is maybe the problem, I guess you have been through the entire thread so it will not be obvious...........recolours should have NO effect unless you used my replacement door which comes with a warning. Can you give me about an hour to look at it?

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Test Subject
#98 Old 29th Nov 2008 at 10:44 PM
Random question, sorry if it's been answered before....
I moved 4 families into one apartment block, but when i play one of the families all the other apartments are occupied by townies, not the other families i moved in..... is this normal?
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#99 Old 29th Nov 2008 at 10:57 PM
snivellus Try playing each family in turn - that way all your sims will be on the right timeline.
redleigh86 I downloaded, changed nothing, added the 5 apartment doors and now I have townies - no issues. I will try and move a second family in, but I think you must change NOTHING and it will work. I read your post again - you did CHANGE the dorm doors for apartments right?

Test Subject
#100 Old 29th Nov 2008 at 11:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by leesester
snivellus Try playing each family in turn - that way all your sims will be on the right timeline.
redleigh86 I downloaded, changed nothing, added the 5 apartment doors and now I have townies - no issues. I will try and move a second family in, but I think you must change NOTHING and it will work. I read your post again - you did CHANGE the dorm doors for apartments right?

Yes, they have apt doors. I don't know why it won't work for me then... I have a feeling it must have something to do with how I get errors for apt doors on even Maxis built apts... I just remembered I had a door mod called something like 4 keys, which was meant to work like apt doors before I got AL. I've just deleted it and I'm going to try playing again now and see if that fixed the problem...

::crossesfingers::
Page 4 of 11