Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#1401 Old 12th Mar 2012 at 12:41 PM
I dunno what to think about this. I have extremely mixed feelings.
I absolutely LOVED Makin' Magic for the original Sims. I wasn't too bothered about the magic in Sims 2. I honestly think I could go without in Sims 3.
I think my feelings are related to how complex and more "real world" based the game has become.

The original Sims was a game to mess about in for me. Because the lots were seperate game saves I could do whatever I wanted and not have to worry about how it affected other lots/Sims.
With Sims 2 I could do the same. It wasn't quite as random as the original Sims could be BUT the humour and weirdness that was there clearly belonged as part of the world.
In Sims 3 I find that they have done so much to make the worlds believable as 'real' places and communities I would find the addition of magic out of place.
If the creatures were implemented in the same way as they were in Sims 2, i.e. you had to go looking for them and not just have half of your town turn into them, then I would probably be more open to the idea of this pack.
I want to welcome the weirdness and wackiness of earlier Sims games into the Sims 3 but I just don't think it fits that well anymore.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Advertisement
Test Subject
#1402 Old 12th Mar 2012 at 3:13 PM
Magic isn't interesting for me. Makin' Magic was ok and the magic in Sims 2 was ehh. Of course I knew EA wouldn't give us weather. It seems to be what most people want, after all. I also wasn't interested in a Pets expansion until I found out about the horses - that was fun to play for about 20 minutes. I'm just afraid that the worlds will be filled with annoying witches like it was with the stupid vampires.
Lab Assistant
#1403 Old 12th Mar 2012 at 9:43 PM Last edited by sailorjune : 12th Mar 2012 at 9:59 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by DulceMell
Well I'm very pleased with this!
Mmmm! I see a True Blood casting coming, especially a Joe Manganiello!

Or as my favorite gossip columnist says, Joe Man-Jello! XD

I would have liked weather, sports, and more social interactions, but it looks like the Sims 3 series is winding down without them.
Lab Assistant
#1404 Old 13th Mar 2012 at 2:04 AM
Am I the only one who finds it strange we're getting beekeeping without weather, if weather is not included with this expansion. I would think it was since bees need flowers for the honey and they could have made it a seasonal skill so you can't get any honey in the winter. *shrugs*
dodgy builder
#1405 Old 13th Mar 2012 at 2:16 AM
If the next ep is magic and magic only, then it may just be the first ep I don't buy. but as other's have said, it probably has a minor edition I like to have, and ends up buying it anyway.
Mad Poster
#1406 Old 13th Mar 2012 at 10:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Wolfgurl685
Am I the only one who finds it strange we're getting beekeeping without weather, if weather is not included with this expansion. I would think it was since bees need flowers for the honey and they could have made it a seasonal skill so you can't get any honey in the winter. *shrugs*

We have gardening without seasons.
Field Researcher
#1407 Old 13th Mar 2012 at 3:15 PM
I just heard the worst idea ever on the official forums.. They were like we should have an individual expansion pack for each season.. And I was like NOOOOO!!! I hope they were being sarcastic.
Scholar
#1408 Old 13th Mar 2012 at 6:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kristie91
I hope they were being sarcastic.

No, I think they were just being stupid.

♦ Animal Lover, Eco Friendly, Loner, Perfectionist, Vegetarian ♦

Sensitivity is strength.
Test Subject
#1409 Old 13th Mar 2012 at 6:44 PM
Wow. I was disappointed with the last two EPs, but this, though I might be in the minority, is the worst idea yet! I really can do without magic in this game. I seriously hope this isn't the next EP...I will be so disappointed. I see the sims 3 as a much more realistic type of game and magic would just be pointless. I do wish they'd release a seasons or university EP already though. That way, the worlds would be even more interactive and expansive, and it would just be plain awesome.
Mad Poster
#1410 Old 13th Mar 2012 at 7:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mixedanthony
Wow. I was disappointed with the last two EPs, but this, though I might be in the minority, is the worst idea yet! I really can do without magic in this game. I seriously hope this isn't the next EP...I will be so disappointed. I see the sims 3 as a much more realistic type of game and magic would just be pointless. I do wish they'd release a seasons or university EP already though. That way, the worlds would be even more interactive and expansive, and it would just be plain awesome.

And miss out on the possibility to have a fairy singer? Or a magician that does both kinds of magic?
Test Subject
#1411 Old 13th Mar 2012 at 7:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by crocobaura
And miss out on the possibility to have a fairy singer? Or a magician that does both kinds of magic?

LOL. I might be slow catching on...is that sarcasm? haha
Lab Assistant
#1412 Old 13th Mar 2012 at 11:28 PM
@mixedanthony

Last I heard they weren't doing a university EP for Sims 3. Then again, they weren't going to do magic, so who knows...
Lab Assistant
#1413 Old 14th Mar 2012 at 1:58 PM
Keep in mind even though EA has stated at the start of Sims 3 there would be 7 EP's, they did the same for Sims 1 & Sims 2, and we ended up getting an 8th EP.

Sky Marshal Skittles to the rescue!

Causing havoc here at MTS since 2004
Top Secret Researcher
#1414 Old 15th Mar 2012 at 6:27 AM
If anything I want weather. The last expansion of Sims 2 was Apartment Life, but many of the elements in Apartment life were included in LN. I really want them to bring back the helicopter though. Basically the only expansions they haven't done are Seasons and Magic. many of the elements of free time and open for business are included in ambitions. I think they released showtime as an expansion of late night simply because they lack the creativity to come up with a completely brand new expansion. And if they release 8 expansions as they did with Sims 2, and Magic is most likely the next, Seasons will probably be the last, so either EA can close Sims 3 with a big bang, or use it to advertise TS4 as many people mentioned earlier.

Why did I move here? I guess it was the weather.

GTA V
Field Researcher
#1415 Old 15th Mar 2012 at 6:39 AM
That would totally suck if the magic expansion pack that they are making right now is the last one.
I want weather and I hope its the expansion that comes after magic. I hope if they are waiting to do it last its because they are making it super awesome.
Test Subject
#1416 Old 15th Mar 2012 at 8:16 AM
Sims 3 Mall edition! I think that would be cool to have a huge mall in sims 3 :D
Mad Poster
#1417 Old 15th Mar 2012 at 2:15 PM
THAT'S WHAT WE NEED TO SAVE SPACE AROUND TOWN! A MALL RABBIT HOLE! We can throw the Bistro, Diner, and Bookstore and Spa in there.

And why haven't we had a School and Bookstore rabbit hole?

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Test Subject
#1418 Old 15th Mar 2012 at 6:59 PM
We have gardening without seasons.

It would be kinda cool to have a harvest moon type system... you can only grow certain things depending on the season. But imo Sims 2 seasons was pretty boring, the only really obvious season was winter and rain didn't really add anything.
Mad Poster
#1419 Old 15th Mar 2012 at 7:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
THAT'S WHAT WE NEED TO SAVE SPACE AROUND TOWN! A MALL RABBIT HOLE! We can throw the Bistro, Diner, and Bookstore and Spa in there.

And why haven't we had a School and Bookstore rabbit hole?

I'd rather have a Small rabbithole. The mall will probably require a 64x64 lot and would be just as annoying as all others. The rabbitholes in Lunar Lakes are small, but they definitely could be smaller, somewhat like the elevators, 2x2 big, with generic CAST-able doors that will be easy to incorporate into any neighbourhood. Or even better, invisible boxes, like the tomb lights.

Quote: Originally posted by jennaberry
It would be kinda cool to have a harvest moon type system... you can only grow certain things depending on the season. But imo Sims 2 seasons was pretty boring, the only really obvious season was winter and rain didn't really add anything.

Rain added beautiful sound effects and sometimes there was hail and you could see sims runnning about trying to take shelter. I liked autumn, loved to get my sims to rake leaves and play in them. Anyway, seeing how they have weather effects in TS3, I don't think we'll get weather like in TS2.
Mad Poster
#1420 Old 15th Mar 2012 at 7:37 PM
I'd rather a small one than a trillion little one taking up only ONE LOT at a time - I'm looking at you, Starlight shores. We could throw other open lots in our world, and just plop down one out of the way rabbit hole for a mall.

I also wonder what will happen if EA did a Sims 3 complete collection...a new town with all the features used? We probably won't, but it'd be nice if they did - one final hoo-rah for the game.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Mad Poster
#1421 Old 15th Mar 2012 at 10:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
I'd rather a small one than a trillion little one taking up only ONE LOT at a time - I'm looking at you, Starlight shores. We could throw other open lots in our world, and just plop down one out of the way rabbit hole for a mall.

I also wonder what will happen if EA did a Sims 3 complete collection...a new town with all the features used? We probably won't, but it'd be nice if they did - one final hoo-rah for the game.

Yes, by all means they should give us a mall, just make it a tiny 2x2 mall that I'll be able to plop on a 10x10 lot. This way we'll have even more space in our worlds to plop down our own lots.
Scholar
#1422 Old 15th Mar 2012 at 11:16 PM
Yes, by all means they should give us a mall, just make it a tiny 2x2 mall that I'll be able to plop on a 10x10 lot.

A true "mini" mall.

I once made a mall for TS2. Took me months to completely decorate the inside, but the atmosphere was well worth it. As much as I hate real malls, I wouldn't mind having them in TS3, but an open one would be so much better than a rabbit hole, don't you think?

Not trying to spam my pictures, but something like this would be nice.

♦ Animal Lover, Eco Friendly, Loner, Perfectionist, Vegetarian ♦

Sensitivity is strength.
Mad Poster
#1423 Old 15th Mar 2012 at 11:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Purplepaws
A true "mini" mall.

I once made a mall for TS2. Took me months to completely decorate the inside, but the atmosphere was well worth it. As much as I hate real malls, I wouldn't mind having them in TS3, but an open one would be so much better than a rabbit hole, don't you think?

I loved your TS2 mall and aquarium. Still have the pics on my computer.
Forum Resident
#1424 Old 16th Mar 2012 at 12:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Purplepaws
A true "mini" mall.

A real mall would be great. I've wanted this especially after OfB came out. I'd love to see open air malls/farmers markets in TS4. I don't remember if they do 7 or 8 EPs per game but I'm definitely ready for TS4 to come out!
Field Researcher
#1425 Old 16th Mar 2012 at 1:26 AM
I don't know if I really want TS4 especially if its going to be an online game. I like my single player sandbox game.
Malls would be alright but I would really like it if they opened up some of the regular rabbit holes first.
Locked thread | Locked by: leefish Reason: no more EPS :(
Page 57 of 67