Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#1251 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 7:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
Inge Jones ‏@Inge_Jones 3h
@SimGuruGraham Please can you tell us whether mirrors have realistic reflections in #TheSims4 ?

Graham Nardone ‏@SimGuruGraham
@Inge_Jones Yup, nice reflections on the mirrors. Also has graphics options to adjust the reflection quality as well.

FINALLY SOMETHING FROM PREVIOUS GAMES THAT HASNT BEEN SMASHED

(")>
Advertisement
Theorist
#1252 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 7:54 PM
Wow... I can't login to the official forums!! The login screen comes up blank every single time today. I've even rebooted my machine just in case the problem was at my end but .. nada. Oh well... I was just going to lurk anyway. And finally got caught up too. On to the comments:

Quote: Originally posted by lewisb40
I think some of the producers forget that we have been through Sims 3. This is why I didn't want to warm up to Sims 4, I knew it wasn't going to be a painless ride. My experiences with Sims 3 left me scarred and very disappointed with EA, the game was so promising but it turned out so dissatisfying. Passing the tradition of adding old, favorite Sims interactions through the store to Sims 4 and possibly with toddlers will cause a revolt. It adds on top and doesn't mesh in the game. Not fun at all, the store will piss everyone off.

Also my experience with Sims 3 doesn't bring faith in you all anymore. Sims 4 may be really fun and intuitive (whatever) but I have always loved generational game play in the Sims game, the young ages included. So saying toddlers will eventually be added, doesn't bode well with me. When will this important age stage be added? 1, 2, 3 EPs down the road? Or as a store set? No way I will be waiting and throwing money again to a series that left me wishing for family interactions or a simple ability to get the family to sit down for dinner in the last series. I will never support another Sims series that caters to YA/Adults again. If I do get Sims 4 for myself, it will be bargain basement prices or someone have to gift it to me. I am not supporting this series from launch day. I will miss being excited and waiting in line to get my precious new Sims obsession, but that doesn't matter to EA. I am just one person that don't fit in your demographics to make the game appealing and want them to play.

Way to go EA. You wanted me out...well you got it.

We are not the demographics for the Sims 4. Everything is made easier to attract new players. Either you pony up or get off the horse. I got the message loud and clear.

Well said. ~~passes lewisb40 a cup of tea~~

I definitely won't be getting TS4. Like you, it'll have to be at bargain basement prices - probably a year or 2 down the road, if it survives that long, or someone gifts it to me. I loved playing TS2 but I just can't go back to that game at this time. I'm firmly entrenched in TS3 and enjoying it. Yup, I'm not in that demographic either evidently. ~~fires up her TS3 game~~

Quote: Originally posted by F@bry
Also I am very disappointed. But I believe that the toddler will be back soon, as demonstrated by the fact that Babies and Toddlers were not combined.

Instead, we think about what we have! An expansion (Late Night) is for the most part already combianata with the base game, I think this is a great feature! We have store content directly in the base game (carnivorous plant). We have Sims smarter. We have a fantastic new CAS. We have a new Build mode! ETC ...

The Sims Base Game 4 is only the BEGINNING of a great adventure!

Forgive me, but I think your optimism is misplaced considering that most of the community is up in arms over a huge loss of certain BASIC things deliberately excluded in a well loved game.

Let's see if I can think on an analogy.... someone bludgeoned you and you're smiling and saying it's all going to be wonderful!!

You're absolutely correct, it's the beginning of a new adventure ... into what I don't know. It's definitely not "Into The Future" since from where this game is now, it's regressed past TS1. So if you know something most of us aren't privy to, do share.

Again, apologies if I've offended you and anyone else that feels this way but I felt that I needed to emotionally express my feelings.

Quote: Originally posted by writerchick
Has it been demonstrated that there's any actual gameplay in TS4? Curious as to when they'll get around to showing us that, given there's a little more than 2 months left to launch.

By "weirder stories" they apparently meant sims will roam around the neighborhood/district/whatever they call it looking like crazy homeless people, due to all their clothes not matching and wearing nutty combinations like swimming fins, goggles, and a prom dress.

No gameplay footage has been shown anywhere to date. Also, its been confirmed that swimwear isn't in base game and therefore - no swimming in any body of water, as it's also been confirmed that there are not going to be pools in base game so you won't see swimming fins or goggles.

Life is short, insecurity is a waste of time. ~Diane Von Furstenburg
You don't get out of life alive. ~Jimmy the Hand

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Forum Resident
#1253 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 7:55 PM
Ok I know they are doing their work and they are people as well , but seriously Grant Rodiek needs to calm down.
I never really liked that guy but his answers are way too rude now...
I'm so tired and fed up with this game already...and I haven't even played it...
I don't like complaining in general but I'm soooo sick...

Check my tumblr:
http://eliasctifler.tumblr.com/
:)
Lab Assistant
#1254 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 7:55 PM
GIFSoup

Graham, just a word of caution here: The Hyenas have turned rabid!

( And I'm one of them, BTW...)
Instructor
#1255 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 7:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
Lol they won't if the last one attempted by a huge company flopped! They're not gonna read this forum to try and investigate why, they'll just surmise the genre became unpopular in recent years.

or blame it to piracy
Lab Assistant
#1256 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 7:58 PM
I'm sure they are already working on the first EP and it better include toddlers, pools, seasons, pets, Uni, and 5 new worlds. That would make up for the dismal base game.
Field Researcher
#1257 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 8:00 PM
FINALLY GOT ABLE TO GRAHAM CONFIRM:
- Water Reflections are actually real and not one "faked shiny effect".

https://twitter.com/SimGuruGraham/s...236260702908418
Field Researcher
#1258 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 8:03 PM
Also, Window Reflections:
- Windows have more basic reflections since you're looking through them.

https://twitter.com/SimGuruGraham/s...237339226218496
Scholar
#1259 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 8:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
I think all he can say is soon.

The PR at this place is terrible. They should be embarrassed, who ever's running the show.

They should be fired, and then left out in the desert without water... or a toilet.
Was that too much?

Quote: Originally posted by iShiila
Replace Tony Stark with Will Wright.

I absolutely love that film - and that scene, lolol "With a bunch of scraps!!" I went around quoting that one line for days ....I'm so stupid sometimes

...Titanium white...
Lab Assistant
#1260 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 8:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by writerchick
It's not like you can take out a loan through the drive-thru. But you can get your paycheck cashed without having to go inside and wait in line.

Well, you could. These days, with the advent of ATMs, a lot of banks have phased out their drive-thru windows.

And... back on topic.

I heard EA is a bunch of money-grubbing crap weasels. Is that true?

You can also just avoid the bank altogether if you have a smart phone. My bank has an app, and I can deposit my check by just entering the amount of the check and taking a picture of the front and back. It's deposited almost immediately. You can also deposit checks online if you have a scanner.

On topic: I was gone all day yesterday and when I first got home I refreshed the page on the old thread to see there were only 4 more pages I hadn't read. Then I discovered this thread I don't know what EA is thinking. If anything, they should've cut out the infant stage and kept the toddler stage. Are they that lazy? They keep saying everything would be too difficult and complicated to include in the game - car animations, toddlers, pools, etc. - but these are all things that were in the previous games! It's their JOB to develop these things. You can't just not do your job because it's too hard. If I went to work and said, "Sorry, I don't want to do that," I would be fired.
Forum Resident
#1261 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 8:05 PM
Graham et al. are probably just relieved they're getting questions that aren't about toddlers, teenager height, or pools.
Instructor
#1262 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 8:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lumialover8
Sims 4 wont be 64 bit.

Source: http://www.twitlonger.com/show/ndumm2

So that was posted by Graham? i'm not very familiar with twitter
Field Researcher
#1263 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 8:06 PM
Also about Window Transparency:

@mauzao9 Not sure what settings they were using. I'm looking at the game right now; windows stay fully transparent even when a good distance away from the lot.

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/ndumvb
Field Researcher
#1264 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 8:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Enjoji
I absolutely love that film - and that scene, lolol "With a bunch of scraps!!" I went around quoting that one line for days ....I'm so stupid sometimes

Damn good film, damn good quote.

Makes me think so much of the new norm at The Sims Studio.
Rogue Redeemer
retired moderator
#1265 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 8:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MaxBacon
Also, Window Reflections:
- Windows have more basic reflections since you're looking through them.

https://twitter.com/SimGuruGraham/s...237339226218496

Hmm, really? I don't see much reflections or transparency:

But here you see transparency:
Mad Poster
#1266 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 8:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ketsu_sama
Mmm, as much as I'm enjoying my current playthrough of TS3, thinking about pools and toddlers sure is getting me nostalgic. So now I just have to decided between reinstalling TS1 or TS2.

Well, at least now I don't have to worry about TS4!

You can have the best of both of them with my Old Town hood from Sims 1 for Sims 2. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=522506

I was going to do this with Sims 4 but not now I not even going to buy 4 now.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Field Researcher
#1267 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 8:07 PM
I'm sorry if I offend someone now.
But i'm tired of alot of the fansites sucking EA dick.

Instructor
#1268 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 8:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by imey1997
FINALLY SOMETHING FROM PREVIOUS GAMES THAT HASNT BEEN SMASHED

But it was decreased...
Test Subject
#1269 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 8:08 PM
[QUOTE=Arisuka]Hmm, really? I don't see much reflections:
[/QUOTE

"Windows stay fully transparent even when a good distance away from the lot"....

(")>
Inventor
#1270 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 8:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CooCooCoo
So that was posted by Graham? i'm not very familiar with twitter

Yes. I asked him and he answered me.
Instructor
#1271 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 8:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Arisuka
Hmm, really? I don't see much reflections or transparency:

But here you see transparency:

They'll be like: Oh, it was just a little missunderstanding!
Forum Resident
#1272 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 8:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by marka93
You can have the best of both of them with my Old Town hood from Sims 1 for Sims 2. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=522506

I was going to do this with Sims 4 but not now I not even going to buy 4 now.

I downloaded that the other day and it's absolutely fantastic. Even more fantastic when you download the version with all the original families.
Lab Assistant
#1273 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 8:10 PM

They filled the swimming pool and put plants in!
Forum Resident
#1274 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 8:10 PM
Unfortunately, I can't go back to Sims 2 because I love the open world/aging/story progression (NRAAS, not EA) too much. But I will keep playing Sims 3. And I am excited to see its future now that the modders can really have fun with it.
Field Researcher
#1275 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 8:11 PM
I have that feeling i asked Graham now, if the lots we don't see Transparency on its Windows are the lots that require loading to visit? It may make sense since we see some with real reflection and transparency, and others really opaque.
Locked thread
Page 51 of 920