Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Oct 2014 at 10:39 AM
Default "Wall Doesn't Exist" Error
Has anyone else found it impossible to build new walls inside a house? I am trying to drag a simple straight two-tile wall across my bathroom to divide it in two and the tool turns red saying "wall doesn't exist". I've tried dragging a new wall anywhere inside the house and cannot build a new wall anywhere.

Dragging the wall tool works fine outside the house.

Is this a known bug?
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 5th Oct 2014 at 11:18 AM
Mine works fine I just created a room within a room just yesterday. When you create your wall, did you use the default wall tool (With the dry wall) or did you try to use one of those fancy low wall/fence ones? I got the same error message before when I tried to use those low wall/fence type. It is only when I put up a regular dry wall first then applying those low wall/fence design like a wall paper that it worked.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 5th Oct 2014 at 10:50 PM
I believe I was using the regular wall. The first one in the wall options. I believe it's 60 simoleons?
Deceased
#4 Old 6th Oct 2014 at 2:34 AM Last edited by scumbumbo : 6th Oct 2014 at 2:46 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Airelda
I believe I was using the regular wall. The first one in the wall options. I believe it's 60 simoleons?

I've seen this happen too and worked around it, but for the life of me can't remember exactly how. Pretty sure it was just caused by there being something in the way on the wall so I couldn't put the wall there or something very similar.

Edit: No, just tried and it was nothing that simple. If I remember I'll post back. You'll probably find a way around it by then though, I hope!
Scholar
#5 Old 6th Oct 2014 at 3:50 AM
I had the same when trying to split a room in two with drawing a wall. Everytime I drew the wall from side to side in one go, it gave an error. Untill I just drew first a single tile of wall and then a bit more and then the last bit. Then it suddenly worked :/
Stupid people are stupid
#6 Old 6th Oct 2014 at 6:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mithrak_nl
I had the same when trying to split a room in two with drawing a wall. Everytime I drew the wall from side to side in one go, it gave an error. Untill I just drew first a single tile of wall and then a bit more and then the last bit. Then it suddenly worked :/

It can also help to start at the other side to draw the wall. No idea why, but it happened to me a few times.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 6th Oct 2014 at 11:38 PM
Thanks for your suggestions everyone.

I tried putting another family in a different house last night and the wall tool works perfectly. So I suspect there must be a bug associated with that particular house. It's a pity cause it's very cute. Maybe I'll try downloading the same house again from my Library and see if that fixes the problem.
Test Subject
#8 Old 13th Nov 2014 at 5:33 PM
Hiya, I have also had this problem, especially when a half-gabled roof section has been placed on the level and is intersecting with the room. For example when placing a roof on a porch of the 2nd level and trying to draw a wall in a room near that roof section, the curser will be colored red and the game will come back with the error "wall doesn't exist" and it will not place your walls. However, I have found a work around.

WORK AROUND for WALL DOESN'T EXIST bug

remove/move the roof section that is interacting with this level
draw your wall/s
replace the roof section

I hope this helps!
-Kulthero777
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#9 Old 13th Nov 2014 at 6:34 PM
Moving to Build Mode.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.