Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Jan 2016 at 8:50 AM
Default Ceiling does not show?
I have a problem that makes making good screenshots difficult- my rooms have no ceilings, and instead the sky and trees behind the building are shown. Even though there definitely is a ceiling (I have tried deleting and re-installing the ceiling), and in fact, there are several floors above the room I'm trying to show. Is there any way to fix this?
Advertisement
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#2 Old 14th Jan 2016 at 9:14 AM
Unfortunately you have to have your walls fully up before the ceiling will be shown, making it quite hard to take screenshots at eye level as by then you'll have a wall in the way too! Assuming your rooms are large enough for you to have the camera position inside them and still get the shot you want, consider page-up to get all your building levels showing, then go into Tab (first person) view mode and use Q to sink the view back down to the level you want to capture. At least that way you will be able to see the structure if you look up - very helpful for multi-level atrium etc.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 14th Jan 2016 at 4:34 PM
I'm pretty sure the camera is actually in the room, though? It does not seem to make any difference where the camera is...
#4 Old 15th Jan 2016 at 9:26 AM
As I said, you do need walls fully up for the ceiling to show at all.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 15th Jan 2016 at 1:50 PM
thank you, but yes- the walls are fully up, the camera is in the room, but still no ceiling? It seems to be some kind of a bug?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 15th Jan 2016 at 1:51 PM
Interestingly, I'm now building another house, and the ceiling does show! So that is odd. I will have to look into this further...
*edit* I think I have it figured out now! Thank you for your help!
#7 Old 15th Jan 2016 at 3:50 PM
Had you removed the floor of the room above or something?

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 15th Jan 2016 at 5:54 PM
no, I was not in "walls up" mode, just as you said! I just wasn't sure what you meant at first :D