Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Jun 2021 at 4:20 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Is there a way to set sims to not be sick with Sim PE?
Hello, I've found myself in a situation where I have a Sims pandemic in my integrated neighborhood that I can't get rid of no matter how hard I try. I thought bringing everyone over to my clinic lot and making them selectable to force them to stay on bed rest and get medicine from the BioTech station made by the doc would do the trick, but to my great surprise and displeasure, everyone I wasted a sim day herding to beds and force feeding meds to are all still just as sick loading back into their lots as they were the last time I played their lots. Now I don't want everybody to be permanently immune to illness for ever and ever because that defeats the purpose of having an illness system in the first place (and admittedly it was a pretty fun challenge to actually play doctor for that sim day and see the clinic full up), I just want mitigating efforts to actually...mitigate the plague.
Solutions I've found online so far are:
MakeMeSick tester from testing cheats: Don't want to make everyone permanently immune and only works if sim is not already sick so that's not going to work for me
inSeminator mod (I think that's what it's called): Pretty sure that conflicts with some of the other mods I use (ACR, if I recall, among others) and again, looks like this one offers permanent immunity which is not the goal
Sickness Immunity Mirror mod: Again, permanent immunity (also costly, though I could just cheat the money back to a family, I'm not above that)
Grandma's Comfort Soup: I have a mod that makes it to where this doesn't instacure illness because it feels kind of cheaty, so while it helps it's not the solution I'm looking for and definitely not for roleplaying
There are probably others I'm missing but those are the ones I can think of off the top of my head
I could open a pharmacy in my world, I suppose (I have Simler90's BioTech station mod that lets you set medicine for sale), which would give sims the opportunity to buy medicine and take it with them to their home lot so that they might ACTUALLY get better and stay that way, but that still doesn't help with the clinic stay roleplay
I could also learn to actually mod and just...program in temporary immunity so that sims won't just turn around and get sick again when I go through the trouble of curing them which would help the underlying issue of I can't keep anyone staying cured but again doesn't help with clinic roleplaying since they'll still be sick when I go to actually play the sims (though I'm still not opposed to this idea for the long term because I have kind of wanted to learn to mod anyway and it would make dealing with illness less annoying in the long term, it just doesn't solve my immediate frustration)
So then I thought that I could just remove the sick token in Sim PE for all the sims I went through the trouble of quarantining so that they wouldn't be permanently immune, but they wouldn't be sick anymore so as to reflect the time spent at the clinic to get better. (I have no issues with using cheats and hacks to aid the roleplay because I'm not going to sit here and act like I'm playing the game the way it was intended to be played anyway) Problem is...I still have a lot to learn about Sim PE and I can't actually find where the tokens would be per sim to remove them that way (or even to like set or unset immunity so that they would be not sick anymore but I could open them up to getting sick again in the future)
So, with all of that out of way, I do understand that this is a sort of specific issue that's related to my play style (and I do understand that I probably sound super picky here, sorry about that), but it seems like since you can set literally everything else about a sim that there is to set in Sim PE, there should be a way to set a Sim as sick or not sick as well, and I'm just missing it, and I think that's probably the best solution to my problem. So is there a way to remove a sick token from a sim in Sim PE and if so, how would you go about doing that? And if a thread exists that already answers that question, I would happily take a link because I've been searching for weeks with no success for something like that (hence this post). Any insight on this or any new ideas I could try that I hadn't considered before would be greatly appreciated, and even if you've got nothing well...thanks for reading my rant/cry for help anyway
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 15th Jun 2021 at 4:27 AM
Well I guess you can use simPE, but I would just use the sim manipulator or one of the other mods and cure them if its become an issue.

I mostly just grab sims as they come to the hospital and use the pcsim doctor bag and most times she immunizes them but I don't have a pandemic. I'm not sure if permanently immune really is permanent. But if it is you could at some point start rolling for illness and make sick by the sim manipulator.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#3 Old 15th Jun 2021 at 5:33 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 15th Jun 2021 at 7:41 PM.
Depending what kind of mods you're playing with, here's a "tip" from PleasantSims - she cured her neighborhood with a genie (it's part of a mod she's playing with, I think - she had a pandemic going on, spreading all over, and the Comfort Soup wasn't enough - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-W38d1jQBeM )

Anyway - you can cure individual sims with the Sim Manipulator (or SimBlender or Insimenator or similar mods). I've added tons of mods alongside the SimBlender and Insimenator, and don't think I've ever had any conflicts (you can even have all three in your game, they don't conflict). They mostly enable and/or slightly tweak already existing functions from ingame, so there's not much they should be conflicting with (could be you're thinking of the Inteenimater? That one conflicts with pretty much everything, but isn't relevant for this).

It's easier to fix this ingame, anyway. There's a hundred ways you could mess up something in SimPE, but with a mod there's usually just a few easy to choose from options, and you have a lot more control over what you do and who you do it to.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 15th Jun 2021 at 7:10 PM
Disease doesn't progress at all, either getting better or worse, when the sim isn't on their home lot. If you really need to have a separate lot for sims to get better on, it sounds like you want Chris Hatch's hospital mod.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 16th Jun 2021 at 5:36 AM
In all my frantic Googling nobody mentioned the Sim Manipulator, that'll be way easier than trying to figure out SimPE! I tried Sim Blender and I might've missed it but I didn't find anything in the menus
Thanks for the suggestion :D