Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Apr 2021 at 2:47 AM
Default Remove Paparazzi Role/Job?
Hi MTS! This is my first post, but I have been browsing this site as a guest for a while. Anyway I wanted to ask, is there a way to remove a Paparazzi role or career from Townie/NPC Sims? I have a couple of Sims modeled off of celebrities, and I would like to have them as such in the world, however one of them spawned as a Paparazzi, which is counter intuitive. I know in Sims 3 there was the Nraa Register mod which allowed you to change roles, but is there a way to do that in Sims 4? Or is there anyway to make certain townies spawn as celebs?
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 15th Apr 2021 at 7:36 AM
just find their household, or move them into a household, then play them, as soon as they are active they automatically lose their NPC jobs.
One Minute Ninja'd
#3 Old 15th Apr 2021 at 4:11 PM
I believe the problem is that so long as you have a celebrity in game a paparazzi will spawn. I once took a paparazzi into my household and they immediately became unemployed so that's not one I would try. Besides it'll just spawn a replacement. Only way to have them get away from your sim is to keep your sim in that ridiculous disguise they can wear. The game does spawn other NPC celebrity sims. You can push it to occur faster by attending a Starlight awards ceremony as the game will spawn more celebs to fill the audience.

As to a towne you placed becoming a paparazzi, you can play them for like 10 minutes and give them a job. That should keep them from changing jobs on you. While that does make them a "played" sim, you can act like they're NPCs by ignoring them. Despite being a played sim, they will still bounce around town and act like an NPC, other than occasionally getting picked for the meet a celebrity event that occurs once or twice a week at that bar in Del Sol Valley.

If you want to make a preexisting townie into a celeb, you can use MCCC and manually set a celebrity level for them.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 15th Apr 2021 at 6:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by eskie227
I believe the problem is that so long as you have a celebrity in game a paparazzi will spawn. I once took a paparazzi into my household and they immediately became unemployed so that's not one I would try. Besides it'll just spawn a replacement. Only way to have them get away from your sim is to keep your sim in that ridiculous disguise they can wear. The game does spawn other NPC celebrity sims. You can push it to occur faster by attending a Starlight awards ceremony as the game will spawn more celebs to fill the audience.

As to a towne you placed becoming a paparazzi, you can play them for like 10 minutes and give them a job. That should keep them from changing jobs on you. While that does make them a "played" sim, you can act like they're NPCs by ignoring them. Despite being a played sim, they will still bounce around town and act like an NPC, other than occasionally getting picked for the meet a celebrity event that occurs once or twice a week at that bar in Del Sol Valley.

If you want to make a preexisting townie into a celeb, you can use MCCC and manually set a celebrity level for them.

Where in MCCC can you set a celebrity level?
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 3rd May 2021 at 8:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by JewbaccaYT
Where in MCCC can you set a celebrity level?

MC CAS, cheat sim info, expansion cheats I believe.

smash that disagree button fam, red's my favorite color