Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Oct 2020 at 11:09 AM
Default Engagement enabled for the marriage of convenience arch
Hello,

I was told over at the Plum Bob Keep that the mod for engagements of convenience does in fact already exists but they had no idea who made it. I myself tried to search for it but nothing came up. Does anybody know who made the files "vt_ij_marhis_specialweddingsocial_variablemems" and "vt_midgethetree_maxisarchhasmarhisoptions_specialengagements" and where to get them?

Thanks in advance
Advertisement
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#2 Old 23rd Oct 2020 at 12:17 PM
Alchemist
#3 Old 23rd Oct 2020 at 6:43 PM
It is Veetie, and it was done in garden of shadows event. I'll update with links when I can.

ETA: Yes, it was uploaded in the 2019 Daisy Chain:
https://gardenofshadows.org.uk/gard...40876#msg740876

If you have Inteen, it should load after.

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Bored? Read an unfinished legacy or sim story. | aka Kelyns | she/her
Meet Me In My Next Life
#4 Old 24th Oct 2020 at 2:11 AM
@PhantomKnight What is the different between the original one I have by Marhis and the one by Veetie?
@HugeLunatic And also Midge The Tree I am confuse as to do which is better or just stick with the original. Anyone can answer thanks,.

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Alchemist
#5 Old 24th Oct 2020 at 2:26 AM
@Simonut, the original one by Marhis is a separate arch. You can use that with Veetie's or Midge's I believe, but you don't need to.

Midge put Marhis' options on all the Maxis arches, as well as Rebeccah's option to Renew Vows for your already married sims. So instead of an object mod, Midge's mod is a global mod that affects all your regular marriage arches and now you can use your favorite Maxis arches to arrange marriages, if you like the style of those better.

Veetie's mod--which is the one I use--added options for arranged betrothals. (It was made before Midge's update to add renewing vows, or else I think that would have been included too). So if you would like your sims to have a ceremony for their arranged engagements, rather than just using the blender or something, I'd go with Veetie's mod. The engagement ceremony is very similar to the marriage one, except at the end the pair is engaged, not married. Veetie's mod is an edit of Midge's so if affects all Maxis arches, but also Veetie updated some custom wedding arches by Mortia--there's anvil, a handfasting tree, and a rock, I think.

Does that help clarify?

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Bored? Read an unfinished legacy or sim story. | aka Kelyns | she/her
Meet Me In My Next Life
#6 Old 24th Oct 2020 at 10:40 PM
@Phantomknight Yes thank you much, you made it very clear. I like how you explain each Mod. Right now I will stick with the original by Marhis.
I only use it one time in my game because the good for nothing mayor have had a very long affairs with a romantic Sims across town, this mayor was already married with two kids.
his wife is a movie star who seem to be always at the studio.

But the mayor and his mistress was both in love with each other it was the mayor who also wanted to married his mistress it was in his wants as well as her wants, so I use Marhis mod so that the mayor can marry her and have two wives. I did not let him leave his first wife or children in fact his second wife also have one child with him.
Now his first wife the movie star is having an affair with a athlete top star. ( I know this is messes first time I play this way lol ) I been looking for a mod that a Sims will know their mate is cheating. thanks again

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".