Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Oct 2015 at 4:24 PM
Default Aselia - Custom Asian Vacation Neighborhood (CC Free)
Why hello there! I've been wanting new vacation hoods for my sims to visit for a while. There are island, mountain, and hybrid hood, but I've never seen any Asian vacation hoods. At most, there are a few lot redesigns. So I made one!

This is intended to be the love child of Twikki Island and Takemizu Village: Asia tagged vacation hood with tons of beach lots. I took a lot of inspiration from personal experiences and the Okinawa Islands in Japan. I'm using Isla Chica by triciamanly as my terrain.

This is still a work in progress. Lot placement isn't 100% set in stone; I haven't done much with neighborhood decorations for that reason.

The fact sheet so far:
- I am running Ultimate Collection, so this will require ALL expansion and stuff packs.
- This will be a big download. So far it's 77MB on disc! Lot Compressor brought it down to half when I tested it, but I'm still not done building lots.
- I want this to be custom content free. To me, a CC free lot is an empty downloads folders. It'll obviously require the SC4 terrain though.
- Every lot has separate toilets and showers!
- I'm trying to take advantage of pretty much everything the game (career rewards, Freetime hobbies, etc) has to offer since I'm stuck using Ultimate Collection with no AGS alternative. A common complaint with vacation hoods is a lot of people find there's not much to do. You can visit every lot in a shortest amount of vacation time (3 days, 2 nights?). Aselia should give you a reason to book a 7 day vacation.
- This will have a custom Pagoda in the Woods so your sims can learn the legend from the Wise Old Man.
- I'll be looking for testers in the future. Right now Aselia is about 60-70% done.
- Most lots should be able to run on slower machines.
- I'm on a Mac Book Pro bootcamping Windows 7. I don't have home/page/print screen buttons, so my picture taking abilities are limited. Most of the pictures have the user interface and grid lines hidden, but I missed a couple.
- Ignore my silly lot names. They'll be changed.

I'd appreciate any feedback on color scheme, design, possible routing issues, etc you notice from the pictures. If you'd like more detailed pictures, please let me know and I'll try my best.

This thread will have a LOT of pictures (I've taken over 300 pictures!!). There are too many to put in one post. I'll break them up with spoiler tags separated by category. Right now, this is a sample of the community lots I'd like some feedback on.

Erm, that's about it for now. Thanks for helping!
Advertisement
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
#2 Old 18th Oct 2015 at 5:01 PM
The community lots look great! They're all beautiful and your lots look quite Asian.

Could you please upload an overview picture of your neighborhood? I would like to see how your neighborhood looks like in neighborhood view.

Catalogue of Custom Neighborhoods for TS2
All Hood Building Group neighborhoods are available here
Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 19th Oct 2015 at 7:03 PM Last edited by MiddyMeep : 19th Oct 2015 at 7:28 PM.
Here you go. The main post has enough pictures

Edit: Attachments aren't showing up. Hope these work.