Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Jul 2016 at 1:42 PM
Default No extra homeworks
Well, as said in the title, I am experiencing another problem with my game. I getting quite fed up with it 'cause everytime I find a solution to something, another problem comes along.
Anyway, I have two kids and none of them seem to have the "do extra homework" interaction. My girl is turning teen in two days so obviously, she should have the option by now. As for my boy, I got a message saying that he could now do some extra work. However, when I click on homeworks after doing the compulsory bit, the only option is place in the world. So, what the heck ?!!!
Can someone please help, I'm thinking their might be something wrong with the hole school situation 'cause their level hasn't improved over the days, even though they do their homeworks everyday, they are still graded with a C.
Advertisement
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#2 Old 30th Jul 2016 at 3:02 PM
I only got that option after my kid got to level A

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 31st Jul 2016 at 2:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
I only got that option after my kid got to level A

Do you have any idea why mine can't seem to get to A level ?
I've had many kids throughout my sim career and it's the first time this happens. They always do their homework, and they go to school fed and rested. Theey never are in the required mood but it's never really been an issue before.

I also have another problem, that has nothing to do with kids or homeworks, but I just thought I'de ask in this thread not to create another one.
I've been working on my mom's baking skills and even though it's improving (level 4 at the moment), her pastries are always of mediocre quality. Is that normal ? I keep cooking things they can't eat ! I've tried decorating a few of them to make them better, but my sim always refuses as if the cake was unreachable.
Any advice on that as well ?
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#4 Old 31st Jul 2016 at 2:10 PM
Have you tried skilling your kids on other skills? I think that adds to their school performance.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 31st Jul 2016 at 2:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
Have you tried skilling your kids on other skills? I think that adds to their school performance.

Well yeah the girl was improving her physical skills before aging.
The boy is socializing. He just got to B level, I'm not sure how.
Forum Resident
#6 Old 31st Jul 2016 at 5:36 PM
if you open the jobs panel.. it will tell you what you need to improve your grade as well as your current progress toward the next grade level.

When an engineer says that something can't be done, it's a code phrase that means it's not fun to do.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 1st Aug 2016 at 10:29 AM
Yah I diid that and my girl was good with her skills.
Now that she is a teen it seems to work fine, she finally got to A level. But that doesn't explain what happened as a child ..
Test Subject
#8 Old 24th Jun 2021 at 5:09 PM
I've got the exact same trouble. No homework for my teens.