Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Apr 2013 at 4:02 AM Last edited by Kittylynn74 : 9th Apr 2013 at 5:57 PM.
Default Huge Wallpaint Set w/ Matching Wood Floors
I am working on a sort of Maxis Match set of wallpaints. Im using the wood trims that are found on the Beachy Keen walls and making a set of 20 Walls. Im also doing each set of 20 colors in each of the different woodtones found in the game. White, Light wood, Medium Wood & Dark Wood.

So I just finished the White wood set:

My question is if anyone of you think there is interest in such a project... before I take any more time to create a set of 80 total walls.

Oh and I created at least two and I might add a third wood floor to match each woodtone too.

EDIT:

Here are the 3 wood Floors for each woodtone.

Screenshots
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 8th Apr 2013 at 4:45 PM
I like the way how you chose colours that are most commonly used, well, atleast colours I'd use in my game, or something similar.

For the wall coverings, you might want to provide the crown and the lower boards (basically the trims, above and below), in different colours, something similar to the floor boards.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 8th Apr 2013 at 4:54 PM
I am doing the walls with the trim in all four wood tones. I was just showing what I had done so far to see if there is interest before doing 60 more walls and finding out no one cares for them. :D
Mad Poster
#4 Old 8th Apr 2013 at 4:57 PM
No no, they are very lovely, if I were you, I'd just stick with this number of colours, call this the commonly used colours collection. Don't go over board with 60, this number of colours is more than enough (though it might become 60 if you're going to include the walls with different coloured trims)! Good job though! Simplicity is my favourite!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 8th Apr 2013 at 5:01 PM
I guess Im not explaining very good. I will be using the same 20 colors for each of the trims. So I will have 4 sets of 20 colors (the same colors), each in white, light, medium & dark wood. That makes a total of 80 wallpaints. Ive only done the first 20 you see above with the white wood. I have the templates for the other woodtones ready though so the rest won't take long.
Inventor
#6 Old 9th Apr 2013 at 12:45 AM
I don't play TS2 anymore, but I know I would have LOVED this in my game. These used to be some of my favourite walls, especially the ones with the horizontal panels under! I really like the Berry and the Cappucino walls. Lovely. I'm pretty sure loads of people will download this!
Field Researcher
#7 Old 9th Apr 2013 at 11:55 AM
I totally agree on the given feedback. I know, mostly a plain color and then maxis' textures are just fine (and will be accepted), but I always like some structure effects of the wallpaints, such as http://www.print-textures.com/compo...r-12LR0321S.jpg , http://de1.vmstatic.com/super-fresc...-g000vb142q.jpg . This is only a matter of taste (in my taste the sims always seem a little bit too clean and perfect) and thus more an idea to think about than a feedback you have to add.

Please feel free to correct me, if I make mistakes. I want to improve my English. Thanks! - My website
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 9th Apr 2013 at 4:51 PM
I have thought about doing them with some texture, like plaster or something, but I decided to make this set more Maxis Match with the smooth walls. Im considering another set with a rougher texture like venetian plaster or something similar to this texture I found:
http://www.fauxfilleddreams.com/images/AlFresco-1.jpg

So I have all the walls themselves done and now I need to get all my composite pictures of the sets put together and a few in-game pictures. I can just take pictures of a couple of the colors as examples right? I don't need in-game of all 80 walls do I?

EDIT:
As shown above Ive done 12 wood floors to match the wood trims... Im wondering if I should do a basic carpeting to match the wall colors as well?
Mad Poster
#9 Old 9th Apr 2013 at 5:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kittylynn74
EDIT:
As shown above Ive done 12 wood floors to match the wood trims... Im wondering if I should do a basic carpeting to match the wall colors as well?

Yes please, I'd like to have matching carpets, specifically form my sims bedrooms.

BTW, are you using the same maxis-ian colours for the trims? Or are they different some how? I'd like to have a maxis match.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 9th Apr 2013 at 5:27 PM Last edited by Kittylynn74 : 9th Apr 2013 at 5:59 PM.
They are maxis match to all the wood trims in the game. The dark one was difficult (there is no beadboard wainscoting in the dark wood so I had to recolor a lighter wood myself) but I think its close enough to count. I still need to actually compare it in-game. That is the only one Im not sure of, the others are full Maxis Match.

Carpeting coming up! lol, I was going to at least do them for my game... might as well include them in the collection.

EDIT: The dark wood was a little off... I had it more of a Walnut tone, while the Maxian tone is more Cherry... a little redder. Its fixed now and Im re-doing the Dark Wood walls. I fixed the wood floors in the example above... not a huge difference unless you had them side by side then you could see it.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#11 Old 10th Apr 2013 at 12:01 PM
Sorry for the double post but I need to know how Im expected to show ALL 340 of these individual wallpaints with in-game screenshots and still stick to the 12 picture limit?

I have 5 sets of 20 colors, 12 wood floors & 20 carpets. I was planning on uploading them as one large collection, but now Im wondering if I should upload each woodtone set on its own, with its corresponding wood floor included. The plain paint with the carpets would be one set on its own, then the light wood, medium wood, dark wood & white wood would each be a separate, but linked download? That is still a lot of screenshots per download. Id have to double up or collage some of them somehow.

Any suggestions welcome...
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#12 Old 10th Apr 2013 at 12:09 PM
They upload large collections differently. If you take a look at anything really large the creator also uses the comments section and in the upload wizard I think there is an area for this kind of multi-part upload.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#13 Old 10th Apr 2013 at 12:47 PM
Ask in Creator issues, Kittylynn
Mad Poster
#14 Old 11th Apr 2013 at 10:13 PM Last edited by gummilutt : 12th Apr 2013 at 12:50 AM.
I thought I'd pitch in and say I'd also be very interested in this. I have a hard time with pattern-wall papers, so a lot of my houses end up looking very alike due to the small amount of wallpapers I actually like. These look great, and I'd definitely use them. Matching carpets sounds beyond brilliant.

One thing though. Is it possible to make build content be collection-only, as you can do with buy catalog objects? Because it would be SO many recolors, it would take up a lot of space in the catalog, so I would personally love love love the option of a collection file with all of them and files that won't clutter build menu. Like I said, no idea if it's possible, but I thought I'd put the idea out there =)
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#15 Old 12th Apr 2013 at 12:16 AM
I was thinking about that... but Im not sure how to go about making them a collection. I do agree that if someone downloaded all the trim options 340 wallpapers in the catalog would take forever to leaf thru.

Anyone know how or if that can be done?
Locked thread | Locked by: spladoum Reason: Locking in case OP gets back to it.