Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Apr 2020 at 1:11 AM
Default Painting on one side under roof?
Hi!

I am building a house inspired by this danish sommerhus

and ive gotten this far

But it's really bothering me that the walls on the roof dont match the photo. You can see in the original that the light wood continues on one side, while the black is on the outside. I have circled the spot im talking about on the screenshot below. Is there a way to paint only one side of the walls underneath the roof so its more accurate? (or at least a way to fake it and make it look painted)
Screenshots
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 28th Apr 2020 at 3:06 AM
Nope, it's not possible to only color one side of a roof's wall.

what you can do is either lower the roof's angle so it's less visible
or try to place something there with moveobjects, like slats, or room divider, or anything that can cover the area/the entire wall
or if you could try and create a sticker in that size, with the texture of the wall, and stick it there so it fits..

you could also just ignore it and except the game's limitations, but yeah XD
it looks very nice either way
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#3 Old 28th Apr 2020 at 8:53 AM Last edited by Inge Jones : 28th Apr 2020 at 1:16 PM.
I'd change the wall facing the camera, which currently has vertical planks, to be the same as the walls with the horizontal planks. Then you won't get the division between roof wall and normal wall. In the original photo it looks like horizontal planks on that wall anyway. Annoying how they have never let us apply a texture to the under side of the roof. I see you've gone for a darker shade on that side wall because the side wall in the photo looks darker? But I think in real life that would be the same colour, it only looks darker in the photo due to being in the shade while the sun catches the front and under side of the roof.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)