Replies: 4 (Who?), Viewed: 3883 times.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Apr 2020 at 2:30 PM
Default Serious lag issues & low fps
Hi,
I seem to be having some serious issues with lag since the latest update. The game used to run fine on my Surface Pro (Windows 10, Intel HD graphics 615 card, 1 GHz Intel m3-7y30 CPU & 4GB RAM- definitely not the best specs but I'm only playing casually). I have 11GB of free disk space and am freeing up some more. I've always stuck to laptop mode with post processing on & high graphics settings and consistently had a good fps rate. Since the latest update, however, I'm lucky to get above 15fps, with the average at about 10- the game is practically unplayable. I've turned off post processing and experimented with much lower graphics settings but it doesn't seem to have made a difference. I don't have much CC or mods (perhaps 20 max) and have deleted almost all of my CC, which hasn't had an effect either. The only packs I have are Seasons, City Living, and Parenthood. I have also repaired the game through Origin which didn't seem to have an impact. Is there anything else I could try to get the game back to where it was before?
Thank you
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 19th Apr 2020 at 4:56 AM
Have you tried a New Game, or even a blank world save game? If FPS improves there then you tell that your current world is quite bloated and needs attention, you can clean your world by deleting sims, emptying inventories, demolish houses you don't play. MCCC can help with performance by regularly cleaning your neighborhood too by deleting low level relationships. Culling sims. etc.

But other than that, there's not much else you can do, but get a better computer.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 19th Apr 2020 at 8:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Citysim
Have you tried a New Game, or even a blank wopld save game? If FPS improves there then you tell that your current world is quite bloated and needs attention, you can clean your world by deleting sims, emptying inventories, demolish houses you don't play. MCCC can help with performance by regularly cleaning your neighborhood too by deleting low level relationships. Culling sims. etc.

But other than that, there's not much else you can do, but get a better computer.


Thanks for this- I'll definitely give these suggestions a try. I've only made two households (each with less than five sims and empty household inventories) so I'll keep trying with different things. I seem to get about 10 minutes of good gameplay before it all goes to pot and becomes unplayable unfortunately.
Test Subject
#4 Old 17th Sep 2020 at 8:02 PM
Default Me too!
Quote:
Originally Posted by millooo
Hi,
I seem to be having some serious issues with lag since the latest update. The game used to run fine on my Surface Pro (Windows 10, Intel HD graphics 615 card, 1 GHz Intel m3-7y30 CPU & 4GB RAM- definitely not the best specs but I'm only playing casually). I have 11GB of free disk space and am freeing up some more. I've always stuck to laptop mode with post processing on & high graphics settings and consistently had a good fps rate. Since the latest update, however, I'm lucky to get above 15fps, with the average at about 10- the game is practically unplayable. I've turned off post processing and experimented with much lower graphics settings but it doesn't seem to have made a difference. I don't have much CC or mods (perhaps 20 max) and have deleted almost all of my CC, which hasn't had an effect either. The only packs I have are Seasons, City Living, and Parenthood. I have also repaired the game through Origin which didn't seem to have an impact. Is there anything else I could try to get the game back to where it was before?
Thank you


I'm also having the EXACT same issue and it's driving me mad! Since the last update my frames drop to about 10 after about 30 minutes of gameplay, sometimes 10, or sometimes right from the get go. I've reinstalled all the games and repaired the game, I have no CC, I have a £1200 gaming laptop with 16GB RAM, plenty of space, NVIDIA graphics card, I'm in a save that is a few weeks old and is NOT overly populated, I recently cleared all my origins and sims 4 caches and I play offline. Game graphics settings make no difference. I've played this game with all the DLCs and even mods and big worlds before (though not this save) and never had such a problem before, so it isn't my PC. Nothing prevents this FPS drop from happening. It's very frustrating when trying to play and enjoy the game but it's unplayable at those frames. I hope this gets fixed in a future update???
Test Subject
#5 Old 5th Jan 2021 at 11:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hannahgriff95
I'm also having the EXACT same issue and it's driving me mad! Since the last update my frames drop to about 10 after about 30 minutes of gameplay, sometimes 10, or sometimes right from the get go. I've reinstalled all the games and repaired the game, I have no CC, I have a £1200 gaming laptop with 16GB RAM, plenty of space, NVIDIA graphics card, I'm in a save that is a few weeks old and is NOT overly populated, I recently cleared all my origins and sims 4 caches and I play offline. Game graphics settings make no difference. I've played this game with all the DLCs and even mods and big worlds before (though not this save) and never had such a problem before, so it isn't my PC. Nothing prevents this FPS drop from happening. It's very frustrating when trying to play and enjoy the game but it's unplayable at those frames. I hope this gets fixed in a future update???


I'm reviving this thread just to say I'm having the exact same issue. No cause for FPS drops but they still happen, sometimes a few minutes in and sometimes instantly. Nothing anyone's suggested online works either, it truly is a mystery to what causes it.
Back to top