Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
#101 Old 17th Aug 2017 at 1:01 PM
If I had the patients to edit in gimp just like you... wait how do you extract images from a package?

I build small houses *^*
Advertisement
Scholar
Original Poster
#102 Old 17th Aug 2017 at 2:32 PM
With SimPE.
Everything can be done in SimPE, one of these days I'll discover I can re-configure my microwave using SimPE xD
Forum Resident
#103 Old 17th Aug 2017 at 6:02 PM
Oh
I only just started using SimPE bait won't load first time I open it

I build small houses *^*
Scholar
Original Poster
#104 Old 17th Aug 2017 at 7:06 PM
In my computer it takes a while to load.
Also takes a while to load any hood.
But afterwards it goes smoothly.

Did it finally load for you?
Forum Resident
#105 Old 17th Aug 2017 at 9:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by OnayaW
@simlissa
Black wolf yellow glowing eyes
Become friends with that

I've tried, but have never had the same wolf stick around long enough to get the bite. But then, I've not worked all that hard at it. Lately, I've been playing more realistically -- no supernaturals.

I have also just started dabbling in SimPE. I've found that it does not want to open when I am impatient. I think it's because I've clicked on something too soon. When that happens, I exit out, open it up, walk away until it's fully loaded then click. So far, the only thing I know how to do is Click on Neighborhood Browser (let it load), Click on SimBrowser (and change their attribute). I hope to learn more soon.

So many things to learn; so few brain cells to process the info needed to learn things!
Shipwreck Island
Forum Resident
#106 Old 17th Aug 2017 at 9:44 PM
I'm dizzy
So I am laying doing nothing
I am low on sugar, food and water so I am slowly getting a little of each when I can /-\
No sims for me right now which is no SimPE either

I build small houses *^*
Scholar
Original Poster
#107 Old 19th Aug 2017 at 9:23 AM
@OnayaW:
Oh, my! I hope you are feeling better! Are you ill?

@SIMelissa:
I guess I have some realistic point of views regarding my game, because I like them, but I don't stick to reality as a general rule.
Sometimes I make it harder, sometimes I have aliens... Whatever.
Forum Resident
#108 Old 19th Aug 2017 at 1:07 PM
Oh I found out I just needed food
I have it better today though
My SimPE General is shitty to load
Sometimes I have to reopen it a billion times so

I build small houses *^*
Scholar
Original Poster
#109 Old 20th Aug 2017 at 11:04 AM
Glad to hear it was easy to fix ^^ SimPE works fine in my computer. Not super fast but hardle ever crashes.
Do you have a computer clean-up routine? I believe some maintenance makes every program run smoothly, and SimPE is no exception.
Scholar
Original Poster
#110 Old 20th Aug 2017 at 11:54 AM Last edited by Amura : 24th Aug 2017 at 2:16 PM.
Default Rotation #08a
OK, let's go with another rotation. There was not a lot going on, no drama and no big events in this rotation, but hey, a little bit of peace is good too :D

Rannh Dukrarn and Marjorie Walker had their second child, Sannhim.
Which does not mean they don't find time to spend with Innah, in fact he has just learned to walk.

All the Walkers had quite a peaceful time.
Eleanor Walker decided to go to the mall and buy some new clothes (as sexy as always), as well as some groceries. She probably needs a new haircut, but there is plenty of time for that.

Charles and Caryl Walker got another resident (K'Mepp Daeli) for their Heritage Manor, which they are refurbishing btw (there was a little glitch so they moved out and in again).

Marjorie's twin brother Christian is still enjoying married life with Klaav. You can see them with one of their friends, Rivia Zadra-Atkins.

Talking about Rivia. She is engaged to Derrick Lowe, and he has decided to have a bachelor party!
Apparently all the guests were women, none of them already a lover of him... until now. Haiden Lee was his prey in this ocassion.

More about romance, broken romance in this case.
Rivia's brother Arvian decided to hit on Carol Jobs, who despite being a married woman could not help falling for this young handsome man. Did not last long, the wrong words crossed their mouths and soon their love was over.

The next Zadra-Atkins sibing is Vivian. She just graduated with honors and is ready to move back to Sedona with her fiancée Ray Mayhew.

Her roommate Laern Durant-Dukrarn also graduated with honors, but she will move back to her parents house. (Also she does need a make over.)

Which leaves the youngest of the Zadra-Atkins, Vilma, living alone in the house they had rented in the campus. And free to date with whoever she wants!
She started asking out Alon, the former paperboy who is now at college, but he rejected her.
She thought then that it meant something, that she probably would do better with the guy she was already dating, Destry, so she called him afterwards.
But after a short reflexion... well, college time is supposed to be crazy time, why not go and ask out one of the Proffessors?
(Both Destry and the Prof. Derek brought great gifts btw.)

In a more naïve date, Trod Entayta-Gorge and Priss White-Entayta went steady.
Which is cool, considering their elder siblings (Kliive and Prid) are also dating.

And Martha Smithers finally got married to Donte Reiner, now Donte Smithers.
They are already expecting a child so it seems that in the end the Smithers family will grow.

Top Secret Researcher
#111 Old 20th Aug 2017 at 9:41 PM
I usually don't change my Sims hair, but hey sometimes it might be a good idea. Especially if you can think of some reason the Sim might want to do so, or some general story line reason.

I have never been to a bachelor party in real life and i just realized that I have never actually had one in the Sims either. Did it go well?

I agree about Laern Durant-Dukrarn getting a Make Over, I frequently give my Sims one.

Vilma is hopefully having fun dating different Sims. I married one of my Sims to an ex-Professor. What happened is I had this female Prof who ends up dying at University some how and so I resurected her and then Aged her down and made her a Dormie and then got her engaged to one of my Sims later and then had her join the Sorority House. Now she is married. I had fun with her.

I don't like to have Sims just die if I can help it, if they do I bring them back and do something with them, usually I make them a Downtownie.

it is cool that Trod Entayta-Gorge and Priss White-Entayta are going steady while Kliive and Prid are also dating.

Good update and an interesting round.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Forum Resident
#112 Old 21st Aug 2017 at 7:04 AM
Can I just tell you how much I love reading about your sims? Like mine is very boring since everyone somehow is friends (They keep inviting each other home from work and school) so yeah. Maybe, just maybe is it time for me to create drama xD

I build small houses *^*
Field Researcher
#113 Old 22nd Aug 2017 at 9:57 PM
I've never played werewolves or vampires in my game, but I have had plantsims. I usually have it be one member of a family who is really into plants. That person can keep the garden and/or orchard in great shape, while the rest of the family goes about their normal business. I agree it would probably be boring if there were not other, regular Sims on the lot to play.
Forum Resident
#114 Old 24th Aug 2017 at 3:50 AM
This was a great round. You say there was no drama, but I see potential for a lot of it in future rounds. I sure would hate being married to Derrick Lowe!

So many things to learn; so few brain cells to process the info needed to learn things!
Shipwreck Island
Scholar
Original Poster
#115 Old 24th Aug 2017 at 2:25 PM
@lordtyger9:
I usually only give them makeovers when they grow up, and only if they need them.
But Eleanor wanted to buy new clothes, got herself a fancy shiny new dress, and this hairdo does not fit it anymore. So I'm going for a new hairstyle which won't be very different from the current one.
Laern on the other hand does not look at all as she is supposed to. She'll definetely get new dresses and she'll also try a more mature hairstyle now that she has graduated.

Bachelor parties are not my thing either.
I can't tell if Derrick's one was realistic but at least it fit him - he invited plenty of females he might seduce, and in fact seduced one. So I guess it was a success.

I'm not much into resurrecting Sims. I've done a few times and it was weird. I'd rather make them zombies so at least they somewhat dead. Does that make any sense? XD

@OnayaW:
Thanks!
My playstyle used to be like that, all happy little families, friendly neighbours... And I usually got bored of a hood after a short while.
Now I allow them to be a bit naughty and eventually a bit of drama pops here and there - it's enough for me and I like that it comes as a surprise.

@Cher64:
Sounds good.
But I would not like my plantsims to breed, because I don't like the growing stages for plantsims, and in general I like my Sims to have children... so I guess I still don't know where they actually fit in my game.

@SIMelissa:
Yeah, Derrick is such a dick. And so far he did not even bring much drama, considering the life he leads. I don't know if Rivia will manage to make a decent man out of him.
But indeed there are a bunch of things that could happen in the following rounds, and Derrick being caught is only one of them!
Forum Resident
#116 Old 24th Aug 2017 at 6:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Amura
But Eleanor wanted to buy new clothes, got herself a fancy shiny new dress, and this hairdo does not fit it anymore. So I'm going for a new hairstyle which won't be very different from the current one. Laern on the other hand does not look at all as she is supposed to. She'll definetely get new dresses and she'll also try a more mature hairstyle now that she has graduated.

But I would not like my plantsims to breed, because I don't like the growing stages for plantsims, and in general I like my Sims to have children... so I guess I still don't know where they actually fit in my game.

I feel the same way about PlantSims. Yeah, the toddler's are cute, cute, cute but then *poof* they are adults. I'm not fond of that at all.

Most of my CC hairstyles, especially for males, are made for children through seniors. In a rare instance, I might change my Sims hair when they have a birthday and age up. But I generally leave the hairstyle the same throughout the game. This is especially important if I have several Sims with similar facial features. The hairstyle & clothes helps me to recognize who is who.

Shipwreck Island
Scholar
Original Poster
#117 Old 26th Aug 2017 at 8:07 AM
I often keep the same hairstyle too, for the same reason - because they are easier to recognize.
But I tend to change it when the overall look is too childish or too wild or too colorful for their new stage. Not always though, some Sims look great with a somewhat childish look even as elders.
Anyway I try to avoid having the same hairstyle in two Sims, specially if they share skin color or they live in the same household.

Btw I've just created the first family trees for this hood. They belong to the oldest families, who have adult children.
I'm attaching them in case you want to peek ^.^
Screenshots
Top Secret Researcher
#118 Old 26th Aug 2017 at 11:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Amura
I often keep the same hairstyle too, for the same reason - because they are easier to recognize.
But I tend to change it when the overall look is too childish or too wild or too colorful for their new stage. Not always though, some Sims look great with a somewhat childish look even as elders.
Anyway I try to avoid having the same hairstyle in two Sims, specially if they share skin color or they live in the same household.

Btw I've just created the first family trees for this hood. They belong to the oldest families, who have adult children.
I'm attaching them in case you want to peek ^.^

I do use certain hair styles more often than others, but I do not have two sims in the same household with the same hair style AFIK.

Also I tend to use certain outfits a lot, but I make sure that I don't have the exact same outfit on two sims in the same household. It can get especially confusing if I have several Aliens in the same household that are related or several Normals that are related, so I make an effort to have different hair and clothes.

I love your family tree Pics.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Forum Resident
#119 Old 26th Aug 2017 at 11:46 PM
Oh, I love the family trees! You are so darn creative.
When I started this new hood, I also gave them family trees. But I cheat and use a software program I bought years ago for my own family's genealogy.

Shipwreck Island
Scholar
Original Poster
#120 Old 29th Aug 2017 at 9:35 PM
Thank you, guys <3

I don't think I'm actually creative, it's not like I invented the concept of family tree, hahaha.
It's just a bunch of lines in Gimp and the same pics I use in each rotation. If I had any program that did it nicely I would let it do for me!
(I've seen some online ones, but I don't like how they look.)

Which reminds me that a billion years ago I made a little HTML thing about mythology which linked each god to their family...
It would be kinda cool for a hood family tree, but I don't think I want to spend that much time. Maybe if I had a legacy or that sort of thing.
*mental note for future hoods*
Scholar
Original Poster
#121 Old 1st Nov 2017 at 12:01 PM
Default #08b
Thanks to lordtyger9 I remembered I should be posting my last rotation.
I haven't played in a while but I had finished a rotation about two months ago and I procrastinated posting about it - but now I'm gonna write a short summary.
(I'm using spoiler tags this time because I did not resize the pictures and they might take a bit to load, depending on your internet connection.)

The first relevant event was that Callista Atkins, one of the founders, has died of old age.

Her husband Vradia Zadra lives now alone, and I think it would make sense for him to invite one or several of their children to move back to the family home - it's so empty now!
They had 4 children:
Arvian has always been a womanizer, and despite having a non-romantic LTW he has never managed to save enough money to leave the extremely cheap apartment he now inhabits. His economy would certainly improve after moving back, but he would be less free to pursue romantic interests.
Rivia has just married Derrick Lowe, who is known to have been involved with so many women, but there she is hoping it works. Great party btw.

Vivian also got married to Ray Mayhew. She moved into his place when she graduated and they married as planned. Another nice family party.

The last one is Vilma, who have just graduated. She seems to like flirting a lot, in fact she seduced one of her teachers in this rotation. I'm not sure she would like to be watched closely by her father, but she does not have a lot of money indeed.

Another old family, the Walkers.
Charles and his wife Caryl keep running the Heritage Manor with help of Sophie.
Eleanor has been very busy being social, getting involved with two townies (her roommate and a friend he introduced to her), and in general making tons of friends.
Roger and his wife J'Kepp live live with her parents, her twins, their child Jess and now are expecting another baby - will he look human as Jess or will he inherit mommy's green skin?
Marjorie and her husband Rannh are also expecting another child. They already have 2 toddlers, so it's getting hard and harder to keep up with all the house chores, but Marjorie does want a large family.

And finally Christian and his wife Klaav enjoyed some vacation time in the mountains, where they had a lot of romantic time... and also met a new strange friend: a bigfoot!
I decided Christian would invite Destry Bigfoot to move in with them, cause I have never had a bigfoot before. Such an strange family they are XD

Other interesting family was the White-Entayta.
First of all, young Disarp was abducted! It was funny that when he returned home, his girlfriend Claire was just delivering the newspaper - she seemed shocked!

And his sisters Prid and Priss keep fighting constantly, they are already enemies!
Maybe their relation will improve now that Prid is going to college and won't be around as much as she used to.

Before I finish, some more notes on love and families.
Chloe Mace is a widow but still young, and seems to be falling in love with Serdar (a townie with funny moustache xD). I would not be surprised if he became her third husband - and even might have time to have more children, although she is currently happy with three.

On the other hand Melania Smithers was born. Donte is an elder and Martha is not getting any younger, so they kinda rushed to have a baby before it was too late.
Top Secret Researcher
#122 Old 1st Nov 2017 at 6:07 PM
@Amura
Lovely Pictures.

I like having Bigfoot move in, I have done it a couple of times. He makes a good roomate.

I forget who told me, but anyway if you have an Alien with a Human Parent, there is a chance that they can have a Human looking child if they are having the child with a human. I think it is interesting waiting to see if the baby is green or not, especially with Twins!

Your families are doing well most of them.

Field Researcher
#123 Old 1st Nov 2017 at 7:01 PM
Aw. Calista does not look happy about dying. I wonder who will move in with Vradia. It doesn't seem like anyone would want to except for economical reasons, but I'm thinking newlywed Rivia would for sure want her own private home with her husband.

Bigfoot seems to have adapted quite nicely to modern life.

Nice update!
Scholar
Original Poster
#124 Old 2nd Nov 2017 at 9:38 PM
I finally decided to start the new rotation.
The bigfoot seems a bit "too good" a roommate, so many skill points, no interest in romance and a general good behaviour (so it's unlikely he'll get in much trouble)...

TS2 genetics are very interesting. It might have been me who told you about that.
Alien hybrids (50% alien, 50% human) look alien because the alien skin gene is dominant, but they have both an alien skin gene and a human skin gene - so their offspring have a 50% chance of each of them.
If their partner is human, there is a 50% chance of having a "normal" human baby and 50% of an alien hybrid.

Actually the couple I find genetically more interesting is Ray & Vivian Mayhew.
They are BOTH alien hybrids so there's a 25% chance of having a human baby, 50% an alien hybrid... and 25% of having an alien baby (with no human skin genes at all).
So if their children LOOK alien, well, they might be alien hybrids or pure alien - so I actually won't know about their genes unless I peek into SimPE.

No, Calista was not happy about dying. I guess life was good and the afterlife does not seem tempting.
Vradia is saving up to move out of the apartment and hopefully buying a little house, in which case he'll be offering a room to one of his single children - yes, I agree the newlyweds won't be interested in moving in with him.
The most likely choice is Arvian. Vradia and his firstborn have always been close, and since Vradia is rolling for a lot of "child gets engaged" and "having a grandchild" wants I think he would like to convince Arvian to settle and create a family.
Vilma is the other single child, but she seems even less interested than her brother in the family way.
(I personally would like to see them all having children, they are handsome aliens and would be nice to have more of them in the next generations.)
Scholar
Original Poster
#125 Old 11th Nov 2017 at 9:49 PM
Oh, silly me has accidentally deleted all the pics I took in this rotation
I'm making a brief summary so it's not a boring wall of text, and simply attaching all the household pics will have to do this time.

Some babies were born:

Roger and J'Kepp Walker had their second child and they named him James (after Roger's father). So another James Walker in the game :D
The household is now pretty full with 4 adults (Roger, J'Kepp and her parents), 2 teens (J'Kepp's twins), 1 child (Jess) and 1 baby, but the house is roomy and they are doing quite well indeed. Lots of children for a couple who are not much interested in babies though, it's funny how their story is developing.

Roger's sister Marjorie also has a large family, but her (economical) situation is quite different.
Her husband Rannh does not have a great job (although he tries to earn some extra cash from home), they already have 3 children (Innah is a child, Sannhim is a toddler and the newborn Karnnh) and anoher one is on its way!

There are some other pregnant ladies who will give birth in the next rotation btw, this hood is certainly growing.

On the other hand, Neil Durant has died of old age. He leaves behind a wife and adult daughter.
Laern is not a traditional woman, but now that her father has died she could not help following her mother's advice of finding a good partner to share her life with. OF her several lovers she chose Alon Raymond (former paperboy, now in college) and proposed.

There was another engagement, Chloe Mace proposed to a townie named Serdar.
Chloe had just managed to buy a house (finally moving out from the apartment!) so I guess that now there's room enough for the kids and a soon-to-be husband.

If nothing happens, of course. Serdar used to be involved with Klaav, and in his last visit to her house they said goodbye with a kiss. Right in front of her husband. Who said nothing. (The romancemod doing his thing, I guess.)
But this could have been dramatic, you never know.

Page 5 of 12