Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Nov 2019 at 6:02 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Help setting up sims 3 in my new windows 10 laptop
I have a new laptop with windows 10. It has a 256GB SSD and a 1TB (+ 8GB SSDHD) hybrid drive. What is the best place to install my all disk version of Sims 3?
Thanks!!

Need help building? Mentoring4Builders: Click Here
Get in the swim- Mermaidia
New at Simszoo
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 24th Nov 2019 at 11:12 PM
I prefer the comfort of my living room. Some will say that their kitchen table is better suited for such a project while others...oh wait a minute. That isn't really what you meant, is it?

Opinions are divided on this. TS3 benefits from having both the program installs and the user game folder (Documents) on an SSD. But with only 256 GB to work with, even if Windows, system utilities, and TS3 are the only things installed on the SSD I would find that too confining and be in danger of running out of space just through routine usage. The drive running the system needs a fair amount of free space to work with properly, as does the game, and Win 10 seems to want more than its predecessors so a good goal would be to keep at least 40 GB totally unused.

I would probably try installing the game itself on the SSD but have Windows redirect the user Documents folder in its entirety to the much larger hybrid drive. Others might prefer to try that the other way around. Or I might forgo the SSD benefits and have both on the larger drive. Some of this will depend on what other uses the computer will have over time.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 26th Nov 2019 at 4:02 AM
Thanks igazor!!

Need help building? Mentoring4Builders: Click Here
Get in the swim- Mermaidia
New at Simszoo