Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Jan 2020 at 11:56 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Into the Future Limited Edition - want to switch it from disc version to digital
What I want to do is take the Into the Future Limited Edition EP and switch it over to the to digital while leaving everything else disc so I won't need the disc anymore but I'm not sure how to get the digital version with the way Origin is set up now. I know that I will need to back-up my game as a precaution and then uninstall the disc version before installing the digital. I have Into the Future registered on my Sims 3 page and the EP shows as installed when I go in Origin to my game library, click The Sims 3 and then Expansion Packs.

So how would get the digital version?

My mini city: Rygel City
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 3rd Jan 2020 at 12:44 AM
I would prefer not to use any mods as I don't play the game with mods. The only exception would be the one that allows the wishes to remain intact when switching between households, which I will get at some point.

Mad Poster
#4 Old 3rd Jan 2020 at 4:41 AM
Not sure what NRAAS has to do with the question, but I would urge anyone who plays the game to use NRAAS regardless of their feelings about mods. You don't want them......you kind of need them.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Forum Resident
#5 Old 3rd Jan 2020 at 1:43 PM
What they're saying is, there might be another solution to OP's problem, but we're not supposed to talk about it.

As far as I know, the digital version is the regular edition, not the limited one. So any bonus you received from the limited edition would not be included in the digital edition. You should probably talk to customer service about that, maybe they can help you unlock the bonus stuff?
Forum Resident
#6 Old 3rd Jan 2020 at 7:07 PM
It seems that EA only wants gamers to play on Origin rather than have another option to download the digital version. I don't know what happened to that option but it seems it no longer exists as this is how it used to be. https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/orig...games-in-origin

If that is the case, there are two suggestions that I can think of if you are trying to play digitally/without the disc.
1. NRass NoCD mod allows you to play without the disc and I have been using this for years now to preserve my discs as much as possible. https://www.nraas.net/community/NoCD
2. Purchase TS3 all over again on Steam and just wait for the sales.

Just in case: To reclaim limited edition content just go to "thesims3.com" log in and hover over Store > My Store Account > Purchase History. You will find all your limited edition, etc content there to redownload. Filter by "Free Items". Also, if you have not already I would suggest you back up all you store/limited edition content to an USB or external hard drive for future use as thesims3.com will not be around forever and you will lose it all if you don't back up what you paid for or what was given away for free.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 4th Jan 2020 at 1:12 AM
Thanks for the help. I do have all of the stuff from the store and the limited edition stuff downloaded to my PC. There is on thing I might do before I check with EA Answers HQ just be 100% certain on whether or not the digital version is option. I will leave the mod as another option. What I am going to try is this: Back-up my game, uninstall Into the Future, go into Origin's my game library, click The Sims 3 and then click Expansion Packs and see what kind option it gives me for Into the Future. I will post back if this works. I attached an image to show where in the game library it lists Into the Future as being installed. If I end up going the mod route will it conflict with Create-A-World?
Screenshots

Forum Resident
#8 Old 4th Jan 2020 at 3:10 AM
I don't use Create-A-World but I did just download it and it does start fine. Beyond that, I can't say I'm sure.
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 5th Jan 2020 at 9:25 AM
Thanks to everyone for all the help and all the suggestions.