Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
#2701 Old 5th Oct 2020 at 9:15 PM
Today I went to the store and I saw a woman with a very plain top and very, very shiny pants. My first thought was "wow, that looks like very mismatched CC."
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2702 Old 12th Oct 2020 at 6:29 PM
Went to a friends place yesterday and literally said "oh you have the Malm chest of drawers from Ikea"

Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
I think I can go to bed at 3 or 4, and then "SetHour 0" so I still get enough sleep. My Sims do that all the time, so why can't I do it?

I would like that feature irl please
Forum Resident
#2703 Old 12th Oct 2020 at 7:05 PM
I often thought if I had Merola's time control clock in real life I could freeze time to make the day last forever.
BTW it works great with gunmod's radiant lighting system when sun set rolls around I can freeze time and have it last for more than an hour. and forever. Sun rise and sun set is what gunmods lighting system does best.
Forum Resident
#2704 Old 13th Oct 2020 at 4:00 PM
Umm... Don't know if this has been said before, but I had quite the brain-hiccup last week. I guess you could say it was due to playing too much...

My sister is currently trying to potty train her son and she wondered how long it would be until he was potty trained fully, as he's doings quite well so far.

My response: "I don't know, how far is his progress bar?"

It got a laugh out of her though, so there's that

When a game is predictable, it's boring.
That goes for any medium that isn't life.
That's why The Sims 2 is my favourite sims game.
It has elements of unpredictability and everything feels more involved.
The Sims 4 is another story altogether...
Forum Resident
#2705 Old 14th Oct 2020 at 10:14 PM
I saw a meme today about how your parents walk into the room just when the sims are woo-hooing, except the two pics were from sims 2 and sims 3, and sent it to my simmer friend complaining that I too hate it when my parents walk in and my game turns into a completely different one. She said that the second pic was p zoomed in so it was harder to tell, but I digressed saying that

"There are hearts on the bed, and sims 3 is the only game that does that. Sims 2 has fireworks and smoke, sims 4 has large floating hearts, but only sims 3 has falling hearts."

Then I continued to contemplate how much of a nerd I am for knowing this much about the sims.
Scholar
#2706 Old 23rd Oct 2020 at 6:22 PM
I had that dream again. Do you know the one where for some reason you find yourself transported into your game? Only this time all the sims knew I was diety in control of their lives. A little bit creepy on the whole. I kept pointing out how good they all have it though and that I could have killed them all at any time. Yeah, maybe I've been playing a bit too much lately.
Field Researcher
#2707 Old 23rd Oct 2020 at 6:49 PM
I was at the park with my niece and nephew, who them proceeded to show off with cartwheels and front rolls.
I thought - I better cheer and throw one hand in the air, it's the appropriate response.
#2708 Old 25th Oct 2020 at 7:20 PM
...you've been shopping for Sims 2 CC too much.
Lab Assistant
#2709 Old 1st Nov 2020 at 1:47 PM
It's probably been said before, but I can no longer leave the house without inspecting the buildings around me and wondering if I can remake them in my game.
Mad Poster
#2710 Old 1st Nov 2020 at 4:50 PM
It's when I start thinking of getting my homestead ready for the coming winter in 1841 when it's actually 2020 and I don't actually live on a homestead lot in 1840's Dodge.
Forum Resident
#2711 Old 2nd Nov 2020 at 11:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Morrowindnostalgia
It's probably been said before, but I can no longer leave the house without inspecting the buildings around me and wondering if I can remake them in my game.

I do the same whenever I head into cardiff for university lol. I stare out the window while I’m on the train and wonder how I could recreate all of the buildings I’m seeing

You can call me Diddy (or Eve, if you want to go by my real name) :)
My Simblr is simping-simmer. Come and join me there for a chat!
You can also find me on the MTS or PBK Discord servers under the name 'Evenfall'.
Want to know the latest news in Carregffynon? Click here!
Instructor
#2712 Old 14th Nov 2020 at 10:10 AM
... When you look at people on the bus and think: "decent looking townies in this place!"
When you look up at your dentist and think his face is a bit unhappily randomised - face 18 and face 25 don't really go together.
When you tell your husband you would download him instantly if someone posted him on their sims site. but you'd age him down to adult from elder (he took that one gracefully and returned the compliment).
Forum Resident
#2713 Old 15th Nov 2020 at 4:53 AM
When I've started to learn how to use formulas in excel to better track my sims, as well as handle all of the calculations there are in the Warwickshire Challenge

aka fir3princ3ss
My Youtube Channel
Currently playing:
-Medieval Charter Challenge on The Sims 2
-Ye Olde Royal Kingdom Challenge on The Sims 3
Mad Poster
#2714 Old 19th Nov 2020 at 3:57 AM
I saw Vidcund out of the corner of my eye today.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Forum Resident
#2715 Old 19th Nov 2020 at 4:34 AM
When more game changing mods throw off your routine of how you played over the years but in a good way.
Forum Resident
#2716 Old 19th Nov 2020 at 4:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pianogrinder
When more game changing mods throw off your routine of how you played over the years but in a good way.

That's literally my sister right now. She was finally convinced to use ACR and play the game rotationally with aging on, and her jaw hasn't left the floor in two days.

When a game is predictable, it's boring.
That goes for any medium that isn't life.
That's why The Sims 2 is my favourite sims game.
It has elements of unpredictability and everything feels more involved.
The Sims 4 is another story altogether...
Theorist
#2717 Old 28th Nov 2020 at 2:31 AM
Lately you're spending more time thinking about what you want to do for your sims' Christmas holiday season, but not really thinking about your real life Christmas holiday season.

In real life I'd normally have my (artificial) Christmas tree up and home decorated by now, but this year my husband and I are very 'meh' about it and just enjoying keeping things simple (and if we don't get it done before the weekend is over it probably won't happen this year). Meanwhile, I'm over here like 'maybe so-and-so (sim) households should invite some friends and family over for a holiday party'.

“Seize the time... Live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.” ― Jean-Luc Picard
Field Researcher
#2718 Old 28th Nov 2020 at 10:23 AM
Downloading too much custom content. Then trying to find all the package files so you can rename them and somehow deleting all of the package files in the game directory. Then wondering why the game won't start until you see that the installation is only 3.14 GBs.

All's fair in love, war, and video games! ~LyokoGirl5000
Top Secret Researcher
#2719 Old 3rd Dec 2020 at 1:57 PM
When you want to post pics and decorate your new hood and tweak one of the lots in your building neighborhood slightly...but you keep putting these things off because you also just want to PLAY and PLAY and PLAY.

Trans Rights Are Human Rights

Be careful who you hate; it may be someone you love.
=^..^=
Mad Poster
#2720 Old 4th Dec 2020 at 7:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by StrangeTownChick
When you want to post pics and decorate your new hood and tweak one of the lots in your building neighborhood slightly...but you keep putting these things off because you also just want to PLAY and PLAY and PLAY.

I do that the other way around. XD
Link Ninja
#2721 Old 4th Dec 2020 at 6:01 PM
You have a dream you are interacting with them but don't know if you are in sims or they are in the real world.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Scholar
#2722 Old 4th Dec 2020 at 6:27 PM
@PenelopeT -- I usually always put my tree (artificial, of course) up on December 1st. It was considered early when I didn't live in the US, and is considered late here because people are putting them up before Thanksgiving. I usually have already put up a tree or three by that time because I like doing them at work, but this year...well, that didn't happen! Considering everything, I was feeling very "meh", especially because some of the decorations were messed up by the basement they were kept in having a boiling-water flood a few months ago (they didn't get wet, but the steam damaged them). Still, I made myself do the routine on the evening of December 1st, and guess what? It made me feel a lot better, even though I started out not wanting to put anything up at all! Thankfully the lights still work, and the warped finish on the ornaments looks almost shabby-chic!

My contribution...when you think your own hair has transparency issues! I lost a lot of hair over the past half-year, for a lot of reasons -- normally this would be a big deal, but hey, I've had bigger things to worry about this year! It's finally growing back, but in a notably lighter shade than the remaining hair, and I noticed it the first time in months that I felt up to putting on, if not a full face of makeup, a half-face of it on a rare occasion of going out (no point wearing it on the mask-covered part!). It looks like I've become one of those Sims who have persistent transparency issues with any but the most close-fitting hairs... Well, that's what scarfs are for!
Theorist
#2723 Old 5th Dec 2020 at 6:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by StrangeTownChick

I love that feeling! Being too fussed to share images of your game and/or complete some tweaks of a lot or 'hood because you're too busy actually enjoying playing your game is the best feeling. Keep on just enjoying your game!

Quote: Originally posted by Freefalldreams
@PenelopeT -- I usually always put my tree (artificial, of course) up on December 1st. It was considered early when I didn't live in the US, and is considered late here because people are putting them up before Thanksgiving. I usually have already put up a tree or three by that time because I like doing them at work, but this year...well, that didn't happen! Considering everything, I was feeling very "meh", especially because some of the decorations were messed up by the basement they were kept in having a boiling-water flood a few months ago (they didn't get wet, but the steam damaged them). Still, I made myself do the routine on the evening of December 1st, and guess what? It made me feel a lot better, even though I started out not wanting to put anything up at all! Thankfully the lights still work, and the warped finish on the ornaments looks almost shabby-chic!

@Freefalldreams - A few days after I posted here, we ended up putting up one of our smaller pre-lit Christmas trees and a small amount of household ornamental things. Normally we put up two pre-lit Christmas trees (a large and small one), household decorations and some lighted topiaries outside because we generally love this holiday season. But, since 2020 has been... well... 2020... the desire to do more than we have is just not there, and that's okay. And yes we did actually end up being happy that we did do something - it's a very cozy feeling at night when the holiday lights are glowing and you're snuggled-up with someone you love watching a movie, or just chatting and listening to music while drinking a glass of wine.

Also, I'm sorry to hear about the your damaged ornaments. As someone in their 40's who still has some of the ones from childhood (and collects new ones every year), I'd be pretty bummed.

“Seize the time... Live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.” ― Jean-Luc Picard
#2724 Old 10th Dec 2020 at 4:20 PM
when Real Life Crap happens and you wonder what type of Simmer is managing your character. *looks at sky, stomps foot, and waves*
Mad Poster
#2725 Old 10th Dec 2020 at 6:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BeckyBoo8
when Real Life Crap happens and you wonder what type of Simmer is managing your character. *looks at sky, stomps foot, and waves*

We're quite convinced the entire world is some sort of freewill challenge, and the Simmer is just sitting back, shaking His head, and watching us set the kitchen on fire AGAIN, saying "Y'all could make chef salad, but no, you had to go for Baked Alaska."

Metaphorically speaking.

At least Sims' Disasters tend to stop at the edge of their own lot.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Page 109 of 115