Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#151 Old 12th Jun 2009 at 6:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by atiggerx3
This same thing happened to me as i was throwing a birthday party for my infant sim... one of the mother's best friends was holding the baby when she asked him to leave and he took the infant with him and she disappeared to never be seen again and her icon dissapeared also.

Well.

He was a klepto; he stole yo babeh. ;D

I don't have anything too weird thoughl; just my own thoughts. For example, with my daredevil sims, when I first see 'Take Shower Until Extremely Clean,' I thought, 'So, is there a, 'Pee Until Extremely Satisfied,' Option too? I think it's silly.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#152 Old 12th Jun 2009 at 6:57 AM
I have a sim in the criminal track, evil branch, named Theresa Vandersim. She's evil, snobby, perfectionist, and some other stuck-up type traits. I like to talk to my sims, and I started mocking her only getting 100-ish an hour as opposed to her goody two-shoes husband making $600/hr in police analyst work. After I finished mocking her, I get a prompt that says during a heist she got to take a few items of her own. She brought back "Ambiguity Itself" a statue worth $12000. It thought that was a little weird. Then, every day after that until the weekend, the same thing happened. It was awesome.
Test Subject
#153 Old 12th Jun 2009 at 11:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sharksystem1
well, my sims woohooed with Grim Reaper and they have twins...

http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/60...sims3glitch.jpg

check that...

I WAAAANT, I WAAAAAAANT! HOW DID YOU DO THIS? OMNOMNOM.
Lab Assistant
#154 Old 12th Jun 2009 at 12:55 PM
My sims lifetime want is to max painting and guitar. He got an opportunity one day to teach an art class at the high school. I sent him out to teach the class. When he was done, he had made friends with EVERYONE AT SCHOOL. Literal friends, here. Not "acquaintance", he is "friends" with like 40 people.. ANYWAY, One of the teenage boys was at the top of his list. They became great, er.. "friends". It just so happens that the next day, the teen grew into a young adult. Now they're happily woo-wooing like bunnies. It sort of cracked me up...

Also, while in town, I saw Morty and that woman who always seems to have on the green apron-starbucks uniform. You know the one I mean? She and Morty were, IN AN ALLEY WAY between the theater and book store. At first I didn't pay attention, then I noticed that he would chase her, then run up behind her and grab her butt, while she bent over with her butt sticking out. And just STAND THERE. Holding her butt. Then after a while, he would run off, and she would do the same too him. This went on for several sim hours...

Honestly, I keep expecting to see someone in a pedobear costume any moment. D:
Scholar
#155 Old 12th Jun 2009 at 1:45 PM
Playing one of my new households last night, a couple of amusing snippets appeared when Greta was reading the newpaper: The ? is where I can't remember the forenames.

"Did you hear! ? O'Dell was seen kissing ? O'Dell yesterday in the park!"
(I would like to point out that it was a husband and wife, who had been married several days earlier - it's a terrible scandel when a husband and wife kiss!)

And when my Sim was gossiping with someone.

"? Wolff had a baby boy (include all the information about how adorable and cute said baby is)."
(And here is where I must mentioned that said baby was Greta's son...)
Test Subject
#156 Old 12th Jun 2009 at 3:42 PM
My sim, Yolanda Boyd, adopted a child girl during Young Adulthood, who I named Mikyla. Anyway, she has just married Connor Frio (his brother was NOT amused! But that's another story). Anyway, Mikyla has NO link to Connor at all. I woulda thought he'd appear as her step-dad or something. Meh, means I can make her an angsty teen who hates him or something...

Edit: OK, playing the game now, and it DOES show up in the Relationship panel, just not the family tree. I am a fool.
Lab Assistant
#157 Old 13th Jun 2009 at 4:04 AM
My sim Amanda Wolff was giving birth to her baby. So the Namer popped up and told me to pick a name. I did. When I finished. I think the game randomized the name. It came out as Isabella. . Poor baby.
Test Subject
#158 Old 14th Jun 2009 at 11:27 AM
Well I had a bug which I will definitely take a pic of next time it happens, but my little toddler was sitting on the floor watching the tv doing that cute little thing where they grab their feet and rock, when suddenly - as if someone had grabbed her by the head and stretched her out, she doubled in height and had these weird super thin spidery arms and misshapen head, and as quick as it happened she snapped back to normal.
This happened a few more times during the same action and seemed to coincide with thought bubbles popping up above her head. I was used to this weird stuff happening with my hundreds of downloads and conflicting hacks in sims 2 but my sims 3 was clean when this happened!

Damn Sims 3...Im addicted all over again!
Test Subject
#159 Old 14th Jun 2009 at 11:54 AM
My selfsim has spent some time trying to get to know a female sim kinda hot too.. any way after a lot of playing I got to the point where I could get woohoo after some flirting etc I clicked it.. my selfsim ran off to lay on the bed and she came next to the bed and said "I really need to get going" and ran off few minutes later I called her to invite her back and she said "I've got to pop out for a few minutes call back in 20 hours" I feel so sorry for my sim lol
Field Researcher
#160 Old 14th Jun 2009 at 1:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kaos_princess
Well I had a bug which I will definitely take a pic of next time it happens, but my little toddler was sitting on the floor watching the tv doing that cute little thing where they grab their feet and rock, when suddenly - as if someone had grabbed her by the head and stretched her out, she doubled in height and had these weird super thin spidery arms and misshapen head, and as quick as it happened she snapped back to normal.
This happened a few more times during the same action and seemed to coincide with thought bubbles popping up above her head. I was used to this weird stuff happening with my hundreds of downloads and conflicting hacks in sims 2 but my sims 3 was clean when this happened!

This is definitely a bug. It's happening to a lot of people, myself included. Here's a short clip of it on Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XaZQsr57mRk

If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun. ~ Katharine Hepburn
Instructor
#161 Old 14th Jun 2009 at 2:23 PM
My evil sim needed a donor to have a child, so I chose her best friend who was single. They went to the town hall building and made a baby, she had her pregnancy and went to the hospital when it was time. She came back with the baby and her best friend, she had a wish to live with her donor. I had her ask if he was single (He was single 3 days before when they made Demona, thier baby) He was now married, but he did sleep over the first night of the baby being home which made it kind of cute. He woke up, had breakfast and went home. Also I forgot my male sim was engaged to a woman, I think I forgot because the woman went Elder on me right after he purposed to her. Anyway, he was making out with another woman and his daughters were in the house and got a --- friendship with him, a "witnessed Betrayal" debuff and could talk about sympathy for his fiance with others. I thought it was kinda funny.
Test Subject
#162 Old 14th Jun 2009 at 3:38 PM
Oh, oh! I has one of these~!

I had created a family in the Sims not too long ago. One day, I told the mom, Danielle, to go to the library to catch up on her reading. At that time, the DAUGHTER was at work.
A few minutes after I sent her to the library, I went to check up on her. I see her sitting there all nice and neat, reading her book.
All is well, right?
WELL.
Next to her I noticed her daughter, Christine, reading as well! Confused, I go to check on Christine and realize that she's still at work.
WHAT.

That's not all!
While the son, Christopher, was at school, I got one of those little notifications that said "Christopher would like to go over to Christopher's house after school."
I thought it was just a glitch, so I said sure.
After realizing that Chris never came home, I went to see where he was.
Lo' and behold, he was at Christopher's house!
Turns out that, somehow, I managed to clone my entire family, and they live down the street from each other.

Completely blown away by this, I invited the clone-family over for Christopher's birthday party.
LAWL.

Compulsive Downloader and PROUD OF IT.
My Sims 3 game has a built in timer! It never fails to crash after an hour of playing. D;
Mad Poster
#163 Old 14th Jun 2009 at 3:51 PM
I wanted my sims to have a baby, so I directed them to go straight from cuddling on the bed to try for baby. The wife balked and wouldn't let her husband come near her. I tried again, but I interspersed the cuddling and the woohooing with kiss and make-out. When he wanted to try for baby the second time, she accepted. I guess she just wanted a little foreplay .

Do I dare disturb the universe?
| tumblr | My TS3 Photos |
Scholar
#164 Old 14th Jun 2009 at 4:49 PM
I bought an empty lot in sunset valley that cost almost 15k. My sim is broke and sleeps on the lawn. The mailman is insane. After he delivers the mail, he strips out of his uniform and puts on his swimsuit. Then he takes a nap in my sim's bed. He finally woke up screaming and slapping himself and wandered off.

Here's a silly chapter in my legacy featuring the crazy mailman.
http://www.thesims3.com/contentDeta...contentId=25550
Test Subject
#165 Old 14th Jun 2009 at 6:39 PM
Not very funny, but moving indeed IMO...

Aristide was the very first sim I ever created. He married Elaine, had five children (all boys) and became a Rockstar. Time made its duty, and Aristide's life came to an end...

Burial and cries were given as expected from a beloved family...

But what happened the day after with me giving absolutely no direction was totally unexpected : Elaine took Aristide's guitar she NEVER dared touching during his entire life and started to play, having him in mind...

She played it everyday until she eventually died too. And I admit I never made her stop every time she was feeling in the mood for it.
Lab Assistant
#166 Old 14th Jun 2009 at 7:21 PM
So I was playing the Altos (just so I could screw up their family, make everyone quit their jobs and make everyone really ugly xD I'm evil like that xD) and Vita had the wish to go to someone and imply their mother was a llama. It was worth a lot of LH points, and I needed some for her. So the closes person was her daughter, so Vita went up to her daughter and implied that her mother was a llama xD I laughed so hard...
Field Researcher
#167 Old 14th Jun 2009 at 7:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by invock
Not very funny, but moving indeed IMO...

Aristide was the very first sim I ever created. He married Elaine, had five children (all boys) and became a Rockstar. Time made its duty, and Aristide's life came to an end...

Burial and cries were given as expected from a beloved family...

But what happened the day after with me giving absolutely no direction was totally unexpected : Elaine took Aristide's guitar she NEVER dared touching during his entire life and started to play, having him in mind...

She played it everyday until she eventually died too. And I admit I never made her stop every time she was feeling in the mood for it.

That has to be one of the saddest/sweetest things I've ever read about this game!

If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun. ~ Katharine Hepburn
Typical
#168 Old 14th Jun 2009 at 7:48 PM
Test Subject
#169 Old 14th Jun 2009 at 7:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lewjen
I found malcolm Landgraab... OMG!!!
Three letters added to yours : W T F.
(and if someone else posts BBQ the serie will be complete).
Test Subject
#170 Old 14th Jun 2009 at 8:34 PM
One moment that made me snicker was my overweight Sim had a friend give him physical training, the relentless screaming at you on the treadmill. The very second he was done with that, he got a new aspiration wish... to see his trainer's ghost. That struck me as both funny and so SO true.
Lab Assistant
#171 Old 15th Jun 2009 at 12:21 AM
What I always find hilarious are the small things like how my self-sim's evil daughter walks around laughing evilly and planning something that has to do with diamonds. She also "washes her hands with evil soap" and her sleep option is "evil slumber".
Lab Assistant
#172 Old 15th Jun 2009 at 3:09 AM
I have a strange obsession with the graveyard (points to avatar) and I love to go watch the ghosts. I was watching this one ghost that I am trying to get to fall in love with my one sim...I was intrigued when I saw him get in his car and drive towards her house.
The Ghost Driving

I was surprised to see him get out of his car in front of her house (she lives at the Pondcentric lot) and run to the empty lot across the street and disappear! I wasn't watching him...so i don't know if he ever drove back to the graveyard.
A couple sim-hours after the other ghost went to the empty lot...I see the Tragic Clown ghost visit the family next to the empty lot that the other ghost visited! I never knew the ghosts even left the graveyard!
The Tragic Clown

I've also noticed that some of the ghosts only come out on certain nights. The ghost that is driving his car in the picture above only comes out on Wednesdays. Some are out every night though.

I fall up stairs.
Forum Resident
#173 Old 15th Jun 2009 at 4:13 AM
Yeah, I have seen a ghost visiting a neighboring lot, which is empty.

The ghost drove to the house, went in, and never came out.

Live for today, learn from yesterday, and dream of tomorrow.
A being under construction -- Even so, come.
Test Subject
#174 Old 15th Jun 2009 at 9:22 AM
I found it strange that a sim I invited to stay the night left her notebook computer on the kitchen table & didn't pick it up when she left.Nice gift!
Field Researcher
#175 Old 15th Jun 2009 at 1:43 PM
I directed my Sim to plan an outfit and he went to pull the dresser drawer out and it wouldn't open! He kept pulling and pulling, until he pulled again and his hands slipped off the knob and he fell back onto the floor!

I guess cheap really does mean cheap in this game. LOL!

It's a neighborhood legacy
Page 7 of 16