Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Apartments and Shopping, on the same Lot!

by MogHughson Posted 6th Jul 2009 at 2:08 AM - Updated 11th Jan 2014 at 6:18 PM by Nysha

215 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 178 Feedback Posts, 36 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 9
Instructor
#2 Old 6th Jul 2009 at 2:26 AM
Can't wait to try this. Was just thinking it would be a good while before I built another apt.lot, I'm so tired of trying to get the bloody things to zone up 'cause I'm always pushing the limits. But this gives me renewed interest, can totally visualize a whole urban city block flavor. A truly amazing update and looking forward to your example lot.
Test Subject
#3 Old 6th Jul 2009 at 3:15 AM
Thank you! I can't wait to try this!
Not actually evil.
#4 Old 6th Jul 2009 at 3:51 AM
I too imagined apartments over shops, since we have those where we live. Thanks for making this possible in the Sims.

Please spay or neuter your pets. --- Cat Music Video! --- my meshes
Scholar
#5 Old 6th Jul 2009 at 4:39 AM
Do I understand correctly how this works? The shops are available to the residents, their visitors, and walk-bys. But do the visitors and walk-bys shop, or only window shop? (Just curious: it doesn't really matter, so long as my sims can run downstairs for a bit of groceries or a magazine)

The first thing I tried to build was a street like this, and it was my first disappointment in AL. So glad you rectified it.
Field Researcher
#6 Old 6th Jul 2009 at 4:40 AM
Should be interesting for my next attempt at making an apartment. I think the residence of my last attempt are a bit overwhelmed, but that bottom floor could have been much more useful with a story . . . though I do like the swimming pool and exercice equipment.

Thanks for making this.
Instructor
#7 Old 6th Jul 2009 at 5:13 AM
I love this. I hated the empty apartments above my community lots. Thank you!
Field Researcher
#8 Old 6th Jul 2009 at 5:17 AM
does this allow for sims in apartments to own businesses, or just for a store to be on the same lot? I always wanted to make a city where there was a family store where the family lived above the business...

*waves hi*
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 6th Jul 2009 at 5:20 AM
Oh man! It's like you're reading multiple minds. I always wanted sims living over shops, even if they can't own them! This will be so handy.
Unsocialized Homeschooler
#10 Old 6th Jul 2009 at 5:48 AM
YES! It's up.

Great job Mog!
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
#11 Old 6th Jul 2009 at 6:05 AM
You Are Amazing.

"Part of being a mesher is being persistent through your own confusedness" - HystericalParoxysm
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Top Secret Researcher
#12 Old 6th Jul 2009 at 7:28 AM
SQUEEEE! Oh my gawd! I was hoping someone would do this. I can't wait to pop this in my game now.

Field Researcher
#13 Old 6th Jul 2009 at 8:16 AM
Wow! This is amazing, you are amazing!
I always wanted liveable apartments over shops and was very disappointed finding out I can't. But now, big thanks to you, I can. Yeees!

HK-47: Objection: I am not a problem, meatbag. You and your lack of any organized repair skills are a problem.
Field Researcher
#14 Old 6th Jul 2009 at 8:30 AM
This is so cool! Thank you Mog, cannot wait to get my pc into shape again so I can try out your hack. Thank you :D

for more of my lots check out my blog: smmishing.wordpress.com/
Instructor
#15 Old 6th Jul 2009 at 10:02 AM
I'm so excited to see this available for download! Can't wait to try it out. Thanks.
Instructor
#16 Old 6th Jul 2009 at 2:38 PM
I always wanted something like that. Thank you very much for this.
Test Subject
#17 Old 6th Jul 2009 at 7:01 PM
Thank you so much! How clever! I've always wanted to build something like this in the Sims 2 since AL came out. I can't wait to build one!
Test Subject
#18 Old 6th Jul 2009 at 7:17 PM
This is SO awesome!! Thank you!
Miss BHAVing
retired moderator
Original Poster
#19 Old 6th Jul 2009 at 7:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lucy kemnitzer
Do I understand correctly how this works? The shops are available to the residents, their visitors, and walk-bys. But do the visitors and walk-bys shop, or only window shop? (Just curious: it doesn't really matter, so long as my sims can run downstairs for a bit of groceries or a magazine)
In the same way (I believe) as non-OFB community lots, visitors and walk-bys browse, but never actaully buy anything. Your Sims can however run downstairs for a bit of groceries or a magazine (that sentence just so perfectly sums up what my imagination wanted with this mod!!).

Quote: Originally posted by hopawaay109
does this allow for sims in apartments to own businesses, or just for a store to be on the same lot? I always wanted to make a city where there was a family store where the family lived above the business...
As noted in the main thread, this mod does not lift the Maxis imposed restriction of home businesses on apartment lots.

Cheers
Mog
Field Researcher
#20 Old 6th Jul 2009 at 9:06 PM
Do you ever grow tired of being told how awesome you are for reading the minds of fellow simmers and creating mods that we only dreamed of? Well too bad Thank you very much making this possible and breathing some much needed new life to my game.
Field Researcher
#21 Old 6th Jul 2009 at 9:26 PM
You mentioned that occasion walk-bys & landlords are the only ones that would go to the stores mostly. Someone else made a mod here ages ago that increases the amount of walk-bys. It may help Thankyou for this great mod!

Say "Keep your neighborhood User Friendly ^^
Instructor
#22 Old 6th Jul 2009 at 9:37 PM
This will be very useful indeed! Thank you very much.
Forum Resident
#23 Old 6th Jul 2009 at 11:34 PM
Thanks for this great mod!
It's always the same observation: The most and best changes have to be made by users because the lay out of these games isn't made best from the beginning. Commercial reasons of EA?
hexameter
Test Subject
#24 Old 7th Jul 2009 at 12:30 AM
Very nice mod. I can't wait to try it out.
I've been tinkering with a British style high street as well so as you can imagine this will fit perfectly in my game. It's going to be so cool that the Sims living there will be able to use the newsagents that I've been decorating.
Field Researcher
#25 Old 7th Jul 2009 at 3:14 AM
YES! *pumps fist and does a happy dance*

thank you!!!
Page 1 of 9