Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Aug 2021 at 11:21 AM Last edited by loyn : 23rd Aug 2021 at 11:32 AM.
Default population precision
hi,

need precision about population number for know how many residential lot should i make for npc.
so i read this post :https://cawtool.fandom.com/wiki/CAW..._Create-a-World

and i just count so, if i have all comunautary lot in town should have:
- resident between 40 and 55
- service npc 34
- townie 15 ( round because not sure for how many barmaid...etc)

so approx 100 sims for a fouctionnal city.
if i use nraas, and just create sims with basic method explain,
it's the game who choose wich one do that or that job, right ? (<- yes it's my first question ^^)

so say 100 sims in 35/40 lot. how many empty lot should i make ?
(don't speak about player lot, just for the npc evolution.) 10/15 more ?

actually i have 50 comu lot in my world and mean have all different kind of, but have some "decorative"i made in, so 40/45 for the game in fact.

finally that's done a world with 80/90 lot for npc, and can add 10/20 for player, (and in the 80/90 for npc, there is a part of empty)

is that's correct ?

edit:

ha, and another question, how many lot could i put together ? i mean close to each other ? (can could casue some lag no ?)
add a picture for see lot.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 23rd Aug 2021 at 12:11 PM
I will just say this. I have made and played many worlds and I have never worried about this.The game generates what is needed. I have never had any problems with missing NPCs. I let the game assign what they do. As for lag, it depends on the player's hardware and other factors. Some worlds have hundreds of lots. From what I can see you have a mid-size world which I would guess will be fine for most people?

Some people populate their worlds as want specific Sims in them. But most folks just let the game create them.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 23rd Aug 2021 at 12:25 PM
thx for quick answer .

" From what I can see you have a mid-size world which I would guess will be fine for most people?"
in fact it's my first creation so just be affraid by biggest one, and to have not enough area in small ; so .... .
but i mean i did a mistake , have a "100" on map high, should have 300, and should take a large one and just build nothing around if no need ...
but after-all, i learn a lot with this world so ..good deal.

btw thanks
Mad Poster
#4 Old 23rd Aug 2021 at 4:36 PM
I probably have started way too many worlds to count. Maybe 50. Odds are you will work on many before there is one where you want to continue all the way through. There is trial and error up to the rafters in this and always more to learn. Many folks are far more advanced than I am . As the saying goes, do not bite off more than you can chew. Maybe start with a small project on a medium map. When that section is done you can always then add to it later if wanted, with additional islands, for example. I have done that with several of my worlds, added more to them in later versions. If you leave extra space on a large enough map you can do that.