Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
#51 Old 20th Feb 2008 at 8:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by wolf_boy_h
I already install the "Sims2Pack Clean Installer" when i want to run it .i face this error:
http://i5.tinypic.com/6bjqiwl.jpg ( this is a photo of error tanx)

I hope any one can help me with this error tanx
my email([email protected])

anyone?? my problem is same as this one xD
Advertisement
Test Subject
#52 Old 28th Mar 2008 at 3:00 PM
When i try to delete a "pink file" I get the following

system unauthorized access exeption.. how can i fix that?
CI worked perfectly until now...
Test Subject
#53 Old 4th Apr 2008 at 5:21 AM
Default Solution for "file may be corrupt"
I've read most of the threads to find an answer to this problem but didn't find any - so if I missed it I apologize. But if it isn't here - this is what I tried and it worked.

I tried redownloding it but got the same error - so I redownled and renamed the file by simply adding an "a" to the end and it worked.

Hope that helps anyone who hasn't been able to find a solution.

Again - sorry if I missed this info elsewhere.
Test Subject
#54 Old 26th Apr 2008 at 4:45 PM
Default Rawr
I've installed the latest version of the Clean Installer several times, only to be met by the same problem. The items [sims, houses..] that I install are saved to a different user on my computer. Is there any way to switch the user that receives the files? I've never downloaded the Clean Installer on any other user, yet for some reason, the items downloaded with it are never installed on my user file. Help would be very much appreciated, thanks.
Test Subject
#55 Old 26th May 2008 at 7:39 PM
Default Fatal Engine Execution Error
Quote: Originally posted by coverdale0
When I try to install I get fatal engine execution error. Then a deadly sound. I would like to get it working as I am addicted to downloading!! LOL..... Anybody? help??

I'm getting the exact same message. Any ideas?
Test Subject
#56 Old 1st Jun 2008 at 8:25 PM
I have a problem with my sims 2 pack clean installer. At first It worked when I downloaded the insiminatior but now no matter what i try it will only install the things I download from sims2.com! Please Help I am so Confused?!
Test Subject
#57 Old 6th Sep 2008 at 3:03 AM
Hello my dears.

I am unsure whether this error has a solution to it, I've searched the forum, read the stickey's and posts- even followed this "Try This" instructions on deleting reg. keys. So far, nothing.

I'm to the point of ripping out my hair and tossing my computer out of the window. Okay, so enough whining. Here's my error:

"The installer you are trying to use is corrupted or incomplete.
This could be the result of a damaged disk, a failed download or a virus.

You may want to contact the author of this installer to obtain a new copy.

It may be possible to skip this step and check using the /NCRC command line switch (NOT RECOMMENDED)"

I've ran a virus scan, tried the "Try This" steps, ran a cleanup on my drives and a defrag. Nothing. I apologize if I accidently over looked the solution, and I'd appreaciate any all help offered.

Thanks in advance!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#58 Old 6th Sep 2008 at 3:19 PM
Did you try downloading the Clean Installer again? Sounds like the file is corrupted.
Test Subject
#59 Old 7th Sep 2008 at 12:03 AM
Simsample,
I did indeed try downloading the file again. In fact, I tried all of them! And I receive the same NSIS error for all versions. Maybe I ticked off someone in a past life and this is my Karma. hehe.

I tried, yet again, to download the file this afternoon and I got that blasted error. I've searched for any traces of it on my computer, and there's nothing. The register keys weren't even found in regedit! Bleh. I guess it's just not meant for me to have it anymore.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#60 Old 7th Sep 2008 at 9:28 PM
Do you have any download managers on your PC or anything? I'm sure that this error is due to a corrupted download... or possibly you have some kind of malware on your PC causing it to be recognized as corrupted?
Test Subject
#61 Old 8th Oct 2008 at 12:56 AM
I have a question that might be a little dumb. Also I don't know if this is the right place to post it, so I'm sorry if i'm wrong.

Anyway... in the FAQ it says:
What are those empty packages ???
Actually they are package files that have no files inside them. If you have a lot of downloads you might have a lot of those files, some people reported having 300 of them. It is known that they are sometimes created when installing lots.

Well... I'm assuming this refers to the huge chunk of items I have with no "type" and the same MD5. The question is... is it safe to delete them? I assume it is, I just didn't want to without being specifically told to. I mean, if they are formed when creating lots, I wouldn't want to risk messing up lots by deleting them or something.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#62 Old 8th Oct 2008 at 9:06 AM
If the file size is 0kb then they are definitely empty packages, and safe to delete.
Locked thread
Page 3 of 3