Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Phaenoh's Great Clothing Migration V2 -UPDATED 9/10-

by Phaenoh Posted 5th Apr 2008 at 3:55 AM - Updated 19th Jul 2011 at 6:06 PM by Phaenoh

179 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 171 Feedback Posts, 7 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 8
Test Subject
#26 Old 6th Apr 2008 at 12:09 PM
Quote:
temporarily remove ALL your downloads and mods and hacks and silver monkeys and test only my packages.

Done that and neither the clothes nor the objects are categorized in your way.
I really want these to work!
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 6th Apr 2008 at 1:10 PM
Removed all of my cc and mods and tried every variation with the specific folders, but nothing works for me.

Love dosen't make the world go 'round. Love is what makes the ride worthwile. - Franklin. P. Jones
Test Subject
#28 Old 6th Apr 2008 at 1:50 PM
Thank you for creating order in the Meaxiod cas-caos!
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#29 Old 6th Apr 2008 at 2:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Corsetcrush
I have a small question though... How did you get the wider display for the clothes in CAS?? I recently got a widescreen monitor and CAS is insufferable with the tabs not stretching the width of my screen (as would be rational).
Was wondering if anyone was going to ask about that. Photoshop, my dear, photoshop. Though, it would seriously make sense if it did that for real.
Field Researcher
#30 Old 6th Apr 2008 at 2:35 PM
I love these, thanks so much Phaenoh!! Those mis-categorized clothes have always irritated me.
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 6th Apr 2008 at 3:34 PM
Okay, testing update. I removed all my downloads and tested your mods in both locations...still I have leotards in everyday :\
retired moderator
Original Poster
#32 Old 6th Apr 2008 at 4:17 PM
Are any of the other EP mods working for you? I noticed a strange issue with the latest EP things not moving the last time I made one of these mods (Seasons). Also, I'm assuming you aren't putting them in another sub folder first, right?
Lab Assistant
#33 Old 6th Apr 2008 at 4:34 PM
Yes, actually it does appear mods for older EPs and stuff packs are working, just not the Freetime one. What an odd quirk Nope, not in a subfolder, they're dumped straight into the Bins folder.
Test Subject
#34 Old 6th Apr 2008 at 4:54 PM
Only the Teenstyle mod works for me. And I have all the mods in the correct folder as I have all the games. *starts crying (sim version with arm going through wall)*
retired moderator
Original Poster
#35 Old 6th Apr 2008 at 5:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jenwar
Yes, actually it does appear mods for older EPs and stuff packs are working, just not the Freetime one. What an odd quirk Nope, not in a subfolder, they're dumped straight into the Bins folder.
Well, if thats the only one that isn't working I don't know what else to tell you. The only fix I found for that was get another EP or SP that was higher. Glad to know that the rest do work at least.
Quote: Originally posted by adwajr
Only the Teenstyle mod works for me. And I have all the mods in the correct folder as I have all the games. *starts crying (sim version with arm going through wall)*
Did you divide them up or put them ALL in the same folder like my instructions and this picture show?
Test Subject
#36 Old 6th Apr 2008 at 6:37 PM
all in the same folder: http://i32.tinypic.com/2rn9ap0.png
Forum Resident
#37 Old 6th Apr 2008 at 8:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Llial
Removed all of my cc and mods and tried every variation with the specific folders, but nothing works for me.

I can't get it to work either. I have now given up trying and deleted it.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#38 Old 6th Apr 2008 at 9:15 PM Last edited by Phaenoh : 6th Apr 2008 at 9:25 PM.
This probably has nothing to do with it, but I am running out of ideas. I run XP, I noticed that pic was in Vista, jenwar and llial, are you two also running Vista?

Try renaming my files so the game loads them in a different order change them to AA_Phaenoh.... and also zz_Phaenoh... another file might be overriding it.

Try the Skins Folder (near Bins) that is also sometimes used for this type of mod. The other alternative is trial and error, I only found that Stuff Pack folder from bouncing things around trying to find a folder that worked.

The very last thing that ABSOLUTELY WILL WORK, is just put it in your Downloads folder, just be careful not to delete any Maxis stuff as they will be marked with the CC star.
Test Subject
#39 Old 6th Apr 2008 at 9:22 PM
again.... TOTAL light sabor! thanks soooo much :*
Field Researcher
#40 Old 6th Apr 2008 at 10:16 PM
Okay, I have downloaded the various edits onto my flash drive. I will report back once I have uploaded them onto my computer that has the sims to see if they work. Here's to hoping.
Lab Assistant
#41 Old 6th Apr 2008 at 10:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Phaenoh
This probably has nothing to do with it, but I am running out of ideas. I run XP, I noticed that pic was in Vista, jenwar and llial, are you two also running Vista?

I'm running XP

I tried the skinfolder too.

But I will try it again with renaming and keep you posted.

Love dosen't make the world go 'round. Love is what makes the ride worthwile. - Franklin. P. Jones
Lab Assistant
#42 Old 6th Apr 2008 at 11:08 PM
I'm on XP too, unfortunately...for once this isn't a problem we can blame on Vista
Mad Poster
#43 Old 7th Apr 2008 at 12:08 AM
Default I really want this to work!!!
Good Evening Phaenoh,

While waiting for the Object Mod DIY Tut (go ahead, tell me to push myself off a cliff... I'm just excited about the prospect of finally "fixing" my game! My hubby says I only "play" the Sims to satisfy my anal-retentive, compulsive, organising streak. Geesh! I've learned to STAY AWAY from his sock drawer!) Anyway... while waiting, I Dld this clothes mod. As others have already stated, it doesn't recategorize things like I'd hoped.

I had all your other clothing mods and I did remove them for these. I AM on Vista (and I'll try renaming as you suggested earlier.) I have everything except H&M. I've put these files loose in my Stuff folder like adwajr did (mine looks just like his, except without the Object Mod files ) I've even tried this with a clean/empty install.

I didn't write down everything that didn't move, but the glaring ones that caught my eye as I scrolled through the catalog were:
GL: Fur Coats still in Everyday
Celeb: toddler Formalwear still in Everyday
Seas: outerwear still in Everyday
Teen: guy’s tracksuits still in Everyday
Free: Nothing moved! Ballarinas and Soccer players are EVERYWHERE! Help!

And, I assume, since BV is not included, that you're not going to take care of all those padded vests and kimonos... (yes, I know what ass-u-ming does, I thought this was a rather safe assumption!) So, could I have a little tutorial on how to do this too - so I can fix my BV clothes?

Thanks ever so much! I'll cross my fingers, pray, and hope the solution to this conundrum shows itself soon.

Keep up the great work - your stuff is magnificent!!!
Catherine

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
retired moderator
Original Poster
#44 Old 7th Apr 2008 at 2:35 AM
This is completely baffling to me. My old ones worked for you and the new ones aren't?!?! Ok, I'll take a look at the packages and see if I see anything different between them, maybe there is something there that is causing the problem. On that note, if this mod isn't working, V1 of this mod in conjunction with all the other smaller pieces could be a last resort.

Thank you for pointing out which ones you know for sure aren't working. Those all happen to be later EPs/SPs, can you find out if any of them are working? (If something is listed as moved and it didn't I'm counting that as the entire mod doesn't work.)

As for people pushing for the tutorial, push all you like, I'm likely to forget if you don't. However, that being said, I'm NOT going to write it up until this first issue is resolved!

Catherine, you mentioned BV has clothing that should be moved, which outfits to where? Everything seemed to make sense to me. I'm leaving the Kimonos where they are otherwise it makes a Far East vacation seem much closer to home.
Mad Poster
#45 Old 7th Apr 2008 at 4:10 AM
Hi Phaenoh... me again!
I'm back, and guess what?!! Woot, woot! The skins-folder/renaming trick (moving all the files to my Prog files/FT/TSData/Res/Cat/Skins folder and adding zz to the start of each file) seemed to work!!! Yay!

At least, for most everything... there are still a few issues:
Those blasted Gorilla suits (and other mascots) can they be moved to Outerwear ONLY in all categories?
And, several of the wetsuits are also showing up in Everyday/Casual.
And, the Dracula tuxes, can they all ONLY be in formal?

For toddlers: pfbodydresssailor, can it ONLY be in formal?
pmbodyjacketpants, can it ONLY be in outerwear?

For Children: The dragon suits - can they move to Outerwear like the above mentioned mascots?
cfbodyfairy - removed from everyday, and in gym ONLY (I guess little boys don't do ballet, hmmm?)

For Teens: tmbodyshorts_red move ONLY to swim (they are also in everyday)
tmbodytrackjacket move from everyday to gym
tmbodygreaser move from everyday to outerwear

For YA: ymbodystballer move from everyday to gym
yf/ym bodyletterman move from everyday to outerwear
yfcheerleader move from everyday to gym

For Adults: both flamenco outfits, from everyday to gym ONLY - PLEASE?
af/ya bodyovercoatpants from everyday to outerwear
af/ya bodycowlneck from everyday to outerwear ONLY
af/ef bodyjackethighcollar from everyday to outerwear
af/ef bodyleatherjacket from everyday to outerwear
af/ef bodytweedjacket from everyday to outerwear
af/am bodymracer move from everyday to gym
af/am bodyslob_greyred_pjs move from everyday to PJs ONLY
af/am bodymagician move from everyday to formal ONLY
amhiphophood move from everyday to gym ONLY
(And, can the above also be made available for YMs?)
ambodycardiganjeans move from everyday to outerwear
ambodysmokingjackets move from everyday to formal ONLY

For Elders: efbodyswimwear_aquatanksuit to undies ONLY (it still shows up in everyday - yikes!)
embodyshorts_browntiki to swim ONLY (also show up in everyday )

Those padded vests I mentioned earlier are actually "Rave" items from EP2 (- shows how much I play University!) Anyway, and as they are tops only (like the bomber jackets) they can not be moved. Alas. Sorry.

Whew... I hope all this info helps! And, some of these changes may just be a matter of personal taste - so tell me how to do it myself! PLEASE?

Ahh, and from your reply, I see that assuming has done it to me again... when will I learn? And, I suppose the kimonos and hula stuff is fine everyday fodder, I mean where else would it go? If I lived in some exotic tourist destination, I'd probably dress like that everyday too. I live in Florida ~ I wear shorts ALL the time. See?

Thank you again for all your hard work, my CAS will be a pleasure now! (Maybe I'll even 'play' a bit!)
Catherine

and Vintage Stuffeths
Lab Assistant
#46 Old 7th Apr 2008 at 6:38 AM
It works!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the tipp with renaming. I did the same thing like Cathrine and now the clothing is finally organized.

Test Subject
#47 Old 7th Apr 2008 at 7:49 PM
HORAY! IT WORKS!
I'm exited!!! Not only did I start summer term today but using the zz_ rename these now work.
BUT!!!
The buy mode recatalogization mod still does not work (still in the stuffpack folder)
Phae, what shall I do? What would we do without you and your marvelous mods?
Test Subject
#48 Old 7th Apr 2008 at 10:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Phaenoh
jenwar, as long as your hiders do not affect the clothes I've listed they will NOT conflict. You can enjoy what I've done here and still be circus clown free.

Thanks for commenting!

So if I'm interpreting correct, a hider for FFS outfits including the princess dresses will conflict, so if I don't install yours for only that pack I'm okay and fanseelamb's outerwear for uni shouldn't conflict because it places the letter jacket in outerwear, but yours doesn't touch that. Does the Unlocked University Outfits conflict? What about Hide "Happy Holiday" Clothes? That last one prolly does, b/c yours moves the elf outfit and it hides it. If this is the case, how are we to get rid of the holiday stuff from the catalog, if the hiders always include the elf outfit? Or is there a more specific mod I don't know about?
Thanks for making this. Life is better without those ridiculous cataloging choices.
Lab Assistant
#49 Old 7th Apr 2008 at 11:16 PM
Hi Garnet, you can open up Phaenoh's mod with SimPE and delete those items, then use your hiders. Then you have no conflicts and no ugly holiday clothes either I've done with this and am using a combination of these and Amberdiceless' hiders. Amber has a very easy tutorial on doing this here: http://ambular.djssims.com/index.ph...ory=4&subcat=11 (about 3/4 down the page).

Anyway, what I came to say before I saw Garnet's question lol. Due to unrelated wonkiness in my game, I reinstalled today. (gah) I put these mods in the StuffPack folder, and what do you know: now even the Freetime stuff works! No idea why unless there was more wrong with my installation than I thought Anyway I wanted to let you know I am all set now and thank you again for this
Mad Poster
#50 Old 8th Apr 2008 at 1:29 AM
...just a gentle prod before you get snowed under with schoolwork, for those tutorials? Or even a quick PM telling me which numbers to change to what in SimPE's CPF Editor. (I've been poking around by myself, but haven't actually committed anything yet.)
My CAS looks SOOOO much better now! THANK YOU!!!

and Vintage Stuffeths
Page 2 of 8