Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#126 Old 10th Sep 2020 at 11:32 PM Last edited by CmarNYC : 12th Sep 2020 at 12:52 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by espresso-yourself
https://drive.google.com/drive/fold...zEt?usp=sharing Here's my save and the sim I'm using. I named it Thornalia V1 for the person I'm making it for. It's just the standard EA Shire breed horse that I saved to my bin in order to use the program. Let me know if I need to upload anything else, it's my first time doing it so I wasn't sure exactly which files you'd need. I really do appreciate your dedication and help!

Thanks! I need access to the Google Drive folder. I sent a request but it'll come from my Google email address, I think.

Edit: Got it. I'm getting the same result as you. I suspect the pelt layers and the bridle and saddle belong to a pack I don't own but will have to look into it. They could also be CC but you said you're not using any. Thanks, I'll use it for testing.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Advertisement
Test Subject
#127 Old 19th Sep 2020 at 4:07 PM
Is there any way to have it export the sim as a .obj with layers? ie; hair, clothes top, clothes bottom, shoes, face, accessories? Would make it much easier to select parts to texture in blender.
Test Subject
#128 Old 19th Sep 2020 at 4:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AmuHav
Testing with 2.79b, things do seem to be working better, including sims that are height adjusted. BUT the import and exporting sims animation files part of the addon do no seem to be working (so can't save them as poses) and none of the Load CAS, Load Prop etc show up. So, yes, seem to be able to pose them, but then... can't really do anything with that. Which... kinda defeats the object of having posable rig :/ I assume *someone* out there has figured out how to get Blender 2.79b to work with the sim animation tools...

(image shows sim with shorter height working with pose, also tested with taller sim)

How did you get the textures to apply so good? I can figure out the body, but not the face.
Screenshots
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#129 Old 19th Sep 2020 at 4:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by devicemodder1
Is there any way to have it export the sim as a .obj with layers? ie; hair, clothes top, clothes bottom, shoes, face, accessories? Would make it much easier to select parts to texture in blender.

The hair, face, scalp, and accessories are already separate. I can consider separating the top, bottom, and shoes.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Test Subject
#130 Old 20th Sep 2020 at 2:21 AM
Found a great application for TS3Ripper an d blender. use blender to export the sim as a .STL, and then they can be 3D printed.
Screenshots
Test Subject
#131 Old 20th Sep 2020 at 2:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
The hair, face, scalp, and accessories are already separate. I can consider separating the top, bottom, and shoes.

I figured it out. I was using a .obj file instead of the DAE. exported as DAE, and it's all working now.
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#132 Old 22nd Oct 2020 at 8:16 PM
I haven't tested this, but I'm very interested in this tool and hope there will be a finished version soon.

A couple of questions, that I hope aren't too stupid:

Can it be used in a copied SavedSims folder that is outside the game?

If the sim has multiple outfits, can you choose which one you want to use in Blender?

Are finished poses saved the normal way as a Sims 3 animation file, and then made into a .package in s3pe?

CmarNYC
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#133 Old 23rd Oct 2020 at 6:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Cororon
I haven't tested this, but I'm very interested in this tool and hope there will be a finished version soon.

A couple of questions, that I hope aren't too stupid:

Can it be used in a copied SavedSims folder that is outside the game?

If the sim has multiple outfits, can you choose which one you want to use in Blender?

Are finished poses saved the normal way as a Sims 3 animation file, and then made into a .package in s3pe?

CmarNYC

Yeah, I keep poking at this but have gotten distracted by the TS4 version. It's coming along.

I haven't tested with a copied save outside the game, but I don't see why it wouldn't work.

Sims saved with multiple outfits should have those outfits available for selection.

This tool doesn't work with poses (yet anyway) and wouldn't be packaging them anyway.

Lab Assistant
#134 Old 23rd Oct 2020 at 7:23 PM
This tool doesn't work with poses (yet anyway) and wouldn't be packaging them anyway.

I hope it will be useful for making poses. I have the Sims 3 Clip Tool so I can save the poses as .animation files that I then convert to packages with s3pe. If the SimRipper tool will work for making poses, it would be great, because different sims have different facial features and bodies. The rigs I work with are "neutral" so I sometimes have to go back to make different versions of the poses (faces) to see which one fits a particular sim better.

I know some pose creators copy the clothing meshes from the game to put on the rigs so they can work on poses that fit when the sims are wearing them in the game. Skirts are often a problem to get right if you don't do that. Or poses in which the sim has a hand in a pocket, and things like that. I haven't bothered with extracting clothes meshes, because it's a lot of work.

The SimRipper would be great for pose making.

Oh, I should mention that the latest versions of Blender don't work with the Sims 3 Clip Tool, so one needs to use an older Blender version.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#135 Old 25th Oct 2020 at 4:43 PM
New version uploaded with textures using solid colors supported. Hair and makeup should mostly work. A few patterns are working but I still have to figure out how the standard format pattern presets define colors. (I can see they use HSV instead of RGB but not sure how they determine the order of colors.)

Test Subject
#136 Old 30th Oct 2020 at 2:17 AM
Hey, I've been keeping up with this thread for a couple months now, I often check back. I'm stoked that we have textures working now; I was wondering what the final stance was on including more sliders? I was curious about the process and generally how difficult it is to do? I can't even begin to imagine how complicated it must be to create these kinds of programs. I've just been struggling to get my sim that uses custom sliders in the program. I saw you got a couple of custom sliders to work. I was wondering if the process wasn't too strenuous, could I perhaps link you a folder of custom sliders to make compatible? I have no idea if it's as simple as clicking and dragging them into some magic folder to make it work or having to do coding for each custom slider. Either way, I'm just really hoping this will work for more customized sims. Thank you so much in advance Cmar
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#137 Old 30th Oct 2020 at 6:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by dramameene
Hey, I've been keeping up with this thread for a couple months now, I often check back. I'm stoked that we have textures working now; I was wondering what the final stance was on including more sliders? I was curious about the process and generally how difficult it is to do? I can't even begin to imagine how complicated it must be to create these kinds of programs. I've just been struggling to get my sim that uses custom sliders in the program. I saw you got a couple of custom sliders to work. I was wondering if the process wasn't too strenuous, could I perhaps link you a folder of custom sliders to make compatible? I have no idea if it's as simple as clicking and dragging them into some magic folder to make it work or having to do coding for each custom slider. Either way, I'm just really hoping this will work for more customized sims. Thank you so much in advance Cmar

All custom sliders should already work. If you know any that do not work, please upload or link to them.

Test Subject
#138 Old 30th Oct 2020 at 11:18 AM
All custom sliders should already work. If you know any that do not work, please upload or link to them.

I backread and I can't believe some of the stuff I missed in regards to the custom sliders, sorry about that! Don't mean to make you sound like a broken record. I've been on this thread for months and still missed some information So, now that I'm retrying this again aware that custom sliders should work, I tried one of my sims (hopefully this isn't some obvious issue, sorry in advance) who has custom sliders, but when I pull him up in blender, his eyes and nose look very much like EA defaults while only his lips rigged correctly. I went through the slider list uploaded previously and it looks like I'm using the same sliders just as everyone else, but he's still pretty bug-eyed! I uploaded him to the program with and without CC just to make sure it wasn't something bugging it out. In fact, the error list only mentioned things about hand sliders, nothing about the eyes or nose sliders He actually doesn't even load up in the ripper at all, just says 'Working', but I tried not to mind too much, as long as he pulled up in Blender fine. His body doesn't load either even with EA clothes on, only the head, but I'm trying this one hurdle at a time. Sorry for this bundle of issues, I'm making sure I'm reading the thread back correctly to make sure I tackle any issues other users previously faced. Thanks for the patience Cmar

I'll upload my files just in case this is more complex than I think. I truly do think I'm just missing some basic step I keep passing over in the thread. Working on this until 5 AM certainly doesn't help
Using blender 2.80 and 1.67 game version.

Here's the link I forgot to attach lol: https://drive.google.com/drive/fold...T5Z?usp=sharing
Screenshots
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#139 Old 30th Oct 2020 at 12:05 PM
I backread and I can't believe some of the stuff I missed in regards to the custom sliders, sorry about that! Don't mean to make you sound like a broken record. I've been on this thread for months and still missed some information So, now that I'm retrying this again aware that custom sliders should work, I tried one of my sims (hopefully this isn't some obvious issue, sorry in advance) who has custom sliders, but when I pull him up in blender, his eyes and nose look very much like EA defaults while only his lips rigged correctly. I went through the slider list uploaded previously and it looks like I'm using the same sliders just as everyone else, but he's still pretty bug-eyed! I uploaded him to the program with and without CC just to make sure it wasn't something bugging it out. In fact, the error list only mentioned things about hand sliders, nothing about the eyes or nose sliders He actually doesn't even load up in the ripper at all, just says 'Working', but I tried not to mind too much, as long as he pulled up in Blender fine. His body doesn't load either even with EA clothes on, only the head, but I'm trying this one hurdle at a time. Sorry for this bundle of issues, I'm making sure I'm reading the thread back correctly to make sure I tackle any issues other users previously faced. Thanks for the patience Cmar

I'll upload my files just in case this is more complex than I think. I truly do think I'm just missing some basic step I keep passing over in the thread. Working on this until 5 AM certainly doesn't help
Using blender 2.80 and 1.67 game version.

Here's the link I forgot to attach lol: https://drive.google.com/drive/fold...T5Z?usp=sharing

If the sim doesn't come up in the preview, the tool is not working correctly and any mesh you save is not complete. Those error messages indicate that the tool is unable to read the bone morphs in your sliders and possibly that there's a mesh with incorrect bone weights. I need to see the packages of the sliders that aren't working.

Test Subject
#140 Old 30th Oct 2020 at 6:04 PM
If the sim doesn't come up in the preview, the tool is not working correctly and any mesh you save is not complete. Those error messages indicate that the tool is unable to read the bone morphs in your sliders and possibly that there's a mesh with incorrect bone weights. I need to see the packages of the sliders that aren't working.

Ohh okay, got you! Thank you for making this clear for me to understand, I really appreciate it. I exported the sim in game and converted it to package. In S3PE I can see all the sliders I used in the FACE category, I wasn't sure if I was supposed to export and upload them since I'm not entirely sure which ones are bugging out

File of sim attached
Attached files:
File Type: rar  RCTS3RipperSIM.rar (19.11 MB, 12 downloads)
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#141 Old 30th Oct 2020 at 11:40 PM
Ohh okay, got you! Thank you for making this clear for me to understand, I really appreciate it. I exported the sim in game and converted it to package. In S3PE I can see all the sliders I used in the FACE category, I wasn't sure if I was supposed to export and upload them since I'm not entirely sure which ones are bugging out

File of sim attached

Good thinking, since it's more than one thing - a bone morph and a mesh that are a little non-standard so I had to adjust for them. It still can't find a bunch of geom morphs and can't read a couple of textures, I think because they're uncompressed and I'll have to see if I can fix that in s3pi or use s4pi for DDS images.

Try the test version attached. It's at least loading your sim. The weird things around his eyes in some outfits are his eyelashes - I haven't yet found the texture to make them transparent. It's also loading more patterns than v0.4 - probably not loading them right, but it's progress. :D
Attached files:
File Type: zip  TS3SimRipper_0_4_1_0.zip (347.2 KB, 57 downloads)

Test Subject
#142 Old 30th Oct 2020 at 11:56 PM
Good thinking, since it's more than one thing - a bone morph and a mesh that are a little non-standard so I had to adjust for them. It still can't find a bunch of geom morphs and can't read a couple of textures, I think because they're uncompressed and I'll have to see if I can fix that in s3pi or use s4pi for DDS images.

Try the test version attached. It's at least loading your sim. The weird things around his eyes in some outfits are his eyelashes - I haven't yet found the texture to make them transparent. It's also loading more patterns than v0.4 - probably not loading them right, but it's progress. :D

It's working beautifully!! I'm sending you all the hugs and kisses right now!! Thank you so much for working this out for me, you've been super sweet. I'll try uploading his CC version into the program now and take it from here. Gonna still keep tabs on this thread because it amazes me how much you've done with this program!
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#143 Old 31st Oct 2020 at 12:08 AM
It's working beautifully!! I'm sending you all the hugs and kisses right now!! Thank you so much for working this out for me, you've been super sweet. I'll try uploading his CC version into the program now and take it from here. Gonna still keep tabs on this thread because it amazes me how much you've done with this program!

Thank YOU - a big part of this kind of project is finding CC that's got some non-standard structure but works in the game and figuring out how to work with them so this was useful. I also didn't know sims could be exported with their CC since I've forgotten so much about TS3 so that's useful too.

And thanks - I've put a lot of time and effort into figuring out how to duplicate the morphs and so on and appreciation is very nice.

Test Subject
#144 Old 1st Nov 2020 at 3:06 PM
Hello everyone, I am new to MTS and I registered just to report an error that occurred to me when I try to use the "SavedSims" folder:

Code:
System.IO.EndOfStreamException: Não é possível ler depois do fim do fluxo.
   em System.IO.__Error.EndOfFile()
   em System.IO.MemoryStream.InternalReadInt32()
   em TS3SimRipper.SIME..ctor(BinaryReader br)
   em TS3SimRipper.Form1.SaveGameFolder_button_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   em System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   em System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   em System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   em System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   em System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   em System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   em System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   em System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

I don't know if I did anything wrong. I have already removed custom content and mods but it continues to occur.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#145 Old 1st Nov 2020 at 3:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by zemv
Hello everyone, I am new to MTS and I registered just to report an error that occurred to me when I try to use the "SavedSims" folder:

Code:
System.IO.EndOfStreamException: Não é possível ler depois do fim do fluxo.
   em System.IO.__Error.EndOfFile()
   em System.IO.MemoryStream.InternalReadInt32()
   em TS3SimRipper.SIME..ctor(BinaryReader br)
   em TS3SimRipper.Form1.SaveGameFolder_button_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   em System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   em System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   em System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   em System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   em System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   em System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   em System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   em System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

I don't know if I did anything wrong. I have already removed custom content and mods but it continues to occur.

It looks like a saved sim package that's corrupted or unreadable for whatever reason. Please upload a zip of your saved sims folder.

Lab Assistant
#146 Old 17th Nov 2020 at 1:46 AM Last edited by THA : 17th Nov 2020 at 6:14 AM.
Haha so I was about to give my error code for 0.4.0.0 that I got but then I saw you posted 0.4.1.0 and I gave that a try and it actually let my sim load and on outfit 1 and he was clothed because before i had to go to outfit 2 and they were always naked but anyway the error went away but I've notice my sims contacts are distorted and the skintone wont load correctly and the clothes have no color to them which the shirt was white but the pants were a greenish color but now they are grey but now I have this error and when I tried to export as DAE it gave me this

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index
at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException(ExceptionArgument argument, ExceptionResource resource)
at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.get_Item(Int32 index)
at TS3SimRipper.Form1.SaveModelMorph(MeshFormat format)
at TS3SimRipper.Form1.SaveDAE_button_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

and this

Can't find DDS texture 0x00B2D882-0x00000000-0xB0DA1B33217DE8CC
Can't read DDS image 0x00B2D882-0x00000000-0x70D5AD263E9B01CC, Package: C:\Users\Z\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages\Skin\KBPrimerSDNDSkin.package

Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#147 Old 17th Nov 2020 at 8:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by THA
Haha so I was about to give my error code for 0.4.0.0 that I got but then I saw you posted 0.4.1.0 and I gave that a try and it actually let my sim load and on outfit 1 and he was clothed because before i had to go to outfit 2 and they were always naked but anyway the error went away but I've notice my sims contacts are distorted and the skintone wont load correctly and the clothes have no color to them which the shirt was white but the pants were a greenish color but now they are grey but now I have this error and when I tried to export as DAE it gave me this

Can't find DDS texture 0x00B2D882-0x00000000-0xB0DA1B33217DE8CC
Can't read DDS image 0x00B2D882-0x00000000-0x70D5AD263E9B01CC, Package: C:\Users\Z\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages\Skin\KBPrimerSDNDSkin.package

Patterns are not yet fully working, see the notes for this version. The blobby stuff around the eyes is probably eyelashes, which aren't working yet. I'd have to see the skin package to know for sure but it may be an uncompressed DDS that again is not working yet.

If you upload your save that might help me figure out why that error is happening.

Lab Assistant
#148 Old 17th Nov 2020 at 6:12 PM Last edited by THA : 17th Nov 2020 at 6:39 PM.
Patterns are not yet fully working, see the notes for this version. The blobby stuff around the eyes is probably eyelashes, which aren't working yet. I'd have to see the skin package to know for sure but it may be an uncompressed DDS that again is not working yet.

If you upload your save that might help me figure out why that error is happening.

I'm loading the sim with SavedSim should i upload that instead or should i make a save and put my sim in it? I get the error regardless both ways and the skin is SD (1K Faces & Bodies) by Kurasoberina I use all of them as well and I'm sure they are all uncompressed
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#149 Old 17th Nov 2020 at 6:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by THA
I'm loading the sim with SavedSim should i upload that instead or should i make a save and put my sim in it? I get the error regardless both ways

The Saved Sim is actually best, thanks.

Lab Assistant
#150 Old 18th Nov 2020 at 6:42 AM
The Saved Sim is actually best, thanks.

Do you need all the cc that goes along with it?
Page 6 of 12