Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#2651 Old 28th May 2020 at 2:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Charmful
At least you didn't make a bad choice and end up being chased by bees back home.

Lol I have a bee hive if some bees would like to move in . . . okay, it's in disassembly right now for cleaning and repair after a previous hive died, but I could put a couple supers together real quick if a swarm shows up.

It's really hard to overwinter a first year hive here, and a few years ago Dad misjudged bees to honey ratio, and didn't supplemental feed early enough in the winter, and we lost the bees. Sigh. If I get a swarm I'm feeding sugar water all the way from the day they move in until the following April.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2652 Old 30th May 2020 at 2:57 PM
I'm playing Goneril and Albany's family, and, with Consort's help, Goneril has just bought the 3-in-One Bookstore in Bluewater. Goneril is planning to go and visit her new acquisition for the first time. Miranda's boyfriend Gerry is in the house, as he had been on a sleepover with her. Since he's there, he might as well come with Goneril, so she's about to ask him to form a casual group for that purpose. I saved the game to deal with some Real Life matter, and, as I walked away from the computer, I thought maybe Miranda might be coming home from school fairly soon. If she is, she might as well come along too, especially as her boyfriend will be there. So then I found myself looking at my (Real Life) watch, to see if Miranda would be back from school soon.

Sometimes the distinction between my Real Life and my Sims' lives gets quite blurred in my head!

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Lab Assistant
#2653 Old 6th Jun 2020 at 6:22 PM
When you keep getting distracted by some nice looking CC or an interesting mod.
Alchemist
#2654 Old 6th Jun 2020 at 6:55 PM
When you having a running internet browser with 20-30 tabs open at once because you swear you're going to go back and download that thing and file it away properly.

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Field Researcher
#2655 Old 12th Jun 2020 at 12:59 PM
Yesterday I was talking to my neighbor who lives on the ground floor of my apartment building. She told me that she had spotted roaches in her apartment so she and her boyfriend were trying to exterminate them. Roaches are nightmare-material for me, both in real life and in the sims. I knew I would be on edge the whole night, looking around if I had them too and if I'd been able to sleep at all, I'd have nightmares for real
Yeap! After tossing around in my bed for hours, I was finally able to sleep and my dream was about those disgusting insects. I dreamed of my real-life home but it looked liked it was made with sims 2 graphics and while I was looking for stupid roaches... Daniel Pleasant was there looking for roaches with me too
I woke up LMAO because Daniel was stumping his foot down while he was yelling at me that he couldn't get to a roach behind the bathroom sink

Thank you sims 2 (and Daniel of cource!) :lovestruc
Mad Poster
#2656 Old 12th Jun 2020 at 4:57 PM
I know I've been spending too much time in my game when I try to put more pop in the fridge to find there's none left and I have to make an emergency run to the nearest store to buy some new supplies and restock my food.
Scholar
#2657 Old 13th Jun 2020 at 5:48 PM
You flush the toilet and there's almost no water to refill the tank or wash your hands. First thought: must have been too many people flushing at the same time. Second thought: OMG, that's how the apocalypse begins!
Lab Assistant
#2658 Old 23rd Jun 2020 at 1:29 AM Last edited by Shadow214 : 26th Oct 2020 at 8:46 PM.
When you're reading about a tv show that's about a girl finding out that her crush is an alien and think"Is it about Jenny's and Pollination Technician 9's early years together?"
Mad Poster
#2659 Old 23rd Jun 2020 at 3:40 AM
You wonder why you're getting spam about Gavin Newson, then realize it's political stuff about the Governor of California, Gavin Newsome.

And you realize getting Sims 2 spam would make a lot more sense.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#2660 Old 23rd Jun 2020 at 4:56 AM
It's when i tell my parents I'm heading to the Dodge general Store irl to buy groceries instead of naming a real store because I forgot I wan't in my BACC and though it was Dodge in 1841.
Top Secret Researcher
#2661 Old 24th Jun 2020 at 2:51 AM
When you insist that your coworker who's trying to pick a color for the walls of a room in her house follow your advice because "I've painted a thousand rooms before" (I enjoy building lots).

Trans Rights Are Human Rights

Be careful who you hate; it may be someone you love.
=^..^=
Mad Poster
#2662 Old 25th Jun 2020 at 6:31 PM
It's when I remark that my local town looks like a major construction zone and everybody thinks I talking about real life when I'm referring to my BACC town in TS2.
#2663 Old 9th Jul 2020 at 4:13 PM
When you use your high pitched voice that you use when talking to your dogs to say "Hey!" to your sims in CAS so they'll look at you to take a picture.

I actually expected them to look directly at me so I could snap the pic. And then immediately after I burst out in tears and laughter because I realized how tired and dumb I was being.
Mad Poster
#2664 Old 9th Jul 2020 at 4:54 PM
It''s when I've been playing live mode so much that I've fallen way behind on overhaulling my old apartment builds to include much needed new content I have now that wasn't in my older games and have to now go on a building spree to fix those apartment lots up and save the fixed ones to my library.
Mad Poster
#2665 Old 9th Jul 2020 at 5:26 PM
When you study the simoleon above owned businesses and realize it is transparent.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Alchemist
#2666 Old 9th Jul 2020 at 8:30 PM
When you can't decide on whether on not to keep both versions of the new sweatpants you just downloaded. On the one hand, you don't need 20+ colors. Just sneakers is fine and you know you're never going to let your sims wear the ones with flip flops. You hate flip flops. ...But on the other hand, what if they go to the beach? Or want to lounge around the house? They might need it.

And then you start to wonder if you've ever put this much effort into sorting what goes in your own closet...

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Mad Poster
#2667 Old 10th Jul 2020 at 12:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
You wonder why you're getting spam about Gavin Newson, then realize it's political stuff about the Governor of California, Gavin Newsome.

==============
I posted before that I thought they looked alike. I think the Governor is a clone of the Sim, with as much brainpower. We are doomed.
Gramma from Sacramento

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Scholar
#2668 Old 13th Jul 2020 at 6:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Phantomknight
They might need it.

This thought is why I had far too much clothing CC. I say had, because at least my indecisive mess of a mind has been able to take advantage of not wanting to play to purge that -- for now. I'm trying to make sure anything new is at least maxis-match and reasonable for historic period (although that allows a lot of leeway...).

When you try to warp TS2 into other types of games that are sorely lacking the everyone-is-a-real-person attitude of at least the early Sims games. I now am compiling interchangeable mod folders for a few different hoods:

Second Chances: An attempt at recreating TS1 with all the best elements of TS2 as well. Will probably never get playable due to my perfectionism and the fact I'm basing it on another game that I played and loved, but recognize is sorely outdated. A good distraction, however.

World War What?: I swear I made this to torment myself! Inspired by the same idea as Second Chances, flipped into something horrible by focusing on the SimCity/RedCity rivalry. Basically a Cold War-era FPS game, only everyone involved has an actual life when they're not under orders to kill everyone who doesn't look or dress like them. I don't know if this can work (at least without the Chris Hatch unofficial expansion, which I don't want to have because it's incompatible with so much) and test runs have been so upsetting that I don't know if I want it to. Of course, that's the point of it - FPS games really haven't gone beyond Doom in that respect, because to do so would remove all the "fun".

Mysteries of SimMars: A household composed of one Sim from each Aspiration (secondaries to be chosen later by my usual means), with random personalities, moves into Galileo Station and is locked inside, only able to exit in space suits. This had me looking for mods I wouldn't want otherwise -- roads that look like rover tracks, getting rid of mail and newspapers, etc. -- because there are obviously no public services, no bills, no jobs, no social worker if they wind up having kids, no food beyond a few fridge-replacements to represent the original shipment (they'd have to grow their own in either the small space provided or in an owned comm lot "farm" with a bigger dome -- at least Sun&Moon stuff would make that easier)... I feel this will probably turn into either a weird BACC or cosmic horror. The latter seems more likely with my current mood, especially when I got the idea of making a bunch of inhuman townies who are all playable ghosts. Why? Because I have the changelings mod, so I can't leave the hood empty as it would be with the anti-townie-and-NPC mods, but I don't want to risk alien walkbys...but what if the Martians are all long-dead, leaving the crew wondering about their sanity when they see a strange reflection in the window or their helmet visor? Until, that is, some strange "birth defects" crop up, along with psychic powers -- and wings! Currently stuck because I'm unable to decide whether the crew should bring a pair of cats with them, a pair of dogs, or both...yes, I'm that indecisive... Also, I might try putting a bit of "plot" in, where if the grumpiest crew member (random personalities, remember?) has a negative relationship with anyone on any Monday after the first, the one with the lowest relationship is likely to have an "accident" happen...
Mad Poster
#2669 Old 15th Jul 2020 at 9:17 PM
I was playing a word game online and tried to use "nooboo." It took me a moment to realize why it wasn't accepted.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
#2670 Old 16th Jul 2020 at 11:19 PM
When you're standing in the ocean and think, "I should really take some of my Sims on a vacation." Thinking about Sims while I'm having a beautiful beach day of my own - that's when you know it's bad
Mad Poster
#2671 Old 17th Jul 2020 at 4:24 PM
It's when I'm trying to get ready for winter in the middle of summer as if it's already just a day away from the start of fall.It's actually on the even of fall for the Jankowsky and Hobb families in Dodge and also halfway through the year of 1841 in my BACC.
Mad Poster
#2672 Old 17th Jul 2020 at 4:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin

I did read him yesterday in the news as Gavin Newson too and was stunned.
Top Secret Researcher
#2673 Old 3rd Aug 2020 at 11:16 PM
You see a license plate ending in BUY and instead of the word "buy" you think of "Bathroom Uses You".
...I haven't played in a year now and I never even USED that mod.

Trans Rights Are Human Rights

Be careful who you hate; it may be someone you love.
=^..^=
Lab Assistant
#2674 Old 5th Aug 2020 at 11:44 PM
When you cringe at YouTubers doing things that will corrupt the game.
Mad Poster
#2675 Old 6th Aug 2020 at 9:19 AM
"I'd like that sofa in Poppet's Lonesome colors."
"You're not buying," said my daughter; while the salesperson looked extremely confused.
Page 107 of 115