Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
#1026 Old 23rd Sep 2020 at 2:17 AM
I can't decide which story I like the most out of my 2 options regarding my playables and townies. My main source of inspiration is Olive & The Beakers, they are pretty much where I go to if I want a storyline so I'm involving them to fix a problem for me. When I started my Uberhood, I added a batch of custom townies to my hood from here on MTS. I also accidentally clicked on "Search for Roommate" on the newspaper once and that spawned several Gear Head townies all with the same template etc. I regretted that instantly because I realized I don't enjoy townies that much, I don't know why. Anyway, I've married some of them into my hood and some of them have created good drama but here's where I need help. I'm rubbish at coming up with storylines for them all, believe me, I've tried.. So I gave up with it. Here's where the Beakers and Olive comes in.

1. The Beaker's resurrect Olive and turn her into a Vampire for their experiments. She doesn't stay there though, she will be allowed to live elsewhere, somewhere in Downtown. She will take one of their cowplants because they will be able to "clone" another one. She will likely be enemies with the Beaker's since she was happy in the afterlife with the Grim Reaper and they took that from her. Her son Nervous is close to passing away from elderhood and for the sake of the story, he won't know his mother has been resurrected. When living at her new home Downtown, Olive will continue her "murders" of innocents to reunite with Grim Reaper. They will likely consist of playables I am tired of or would like a juicy story from, and definitely include townie victims.

2. This one may be too close to home but I don't really have any good ideas, haha. The Beaker's experiment in their lab when all of a sudden, a virus is unleashed into the world. They don't really care though, they have a cure they can use. For themselves. Certain townies & playables will perish from the virus.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#1027 Old 23rd Sep 2020 at 3:11 AM
@Fyren
Concerning #2, that seems like an interesting idea, but rather than a regular plague, make it supernatural. Zombies. Just turn the townies you don't like, or that the Beakers don't like, into zombies. Tada! They become walking background flavor. The plague doesn't even need to be mechanically contagious, or even storywise contagious, because just the existence of such a disgusting disease can sow a touch of discordance and unease.
I do like your #1 storyline. Sounds fun!

I'm a young adult in poor health, trying to heal enough to complete my goals.
This is the song that never ends ~ It goes on and on my friends ~
my first ToT Challenge (which is actually indefinitely hiatus, I'm in a different TOT hood now)
Mad Poster
#1028 Old 23rd Sep 2020 at 7:20 AM
@Fyren5 -I would have illness as one of the dramas in my BACC like a flu epidemic or typhoid from bad water because the drought caused them to rely on ground water or consumtion later known as TB spread from overcrowding during the dustbowl in the 1930's.
I thought the next hard winter might be a great time to have sims not in my active family using prisoner tags to keep snowed in sims from being able to show up at community lots in the winter blizzards.It would look so real having only my active houseolders showing up to shop for groceries in winter storms and rush back home.
Forum Resident
#1029 Old 23rd Sep 2020 at 10:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sturlington
Thanks for the advice, everyone. This is what I decided. I wanted to make it expensive.

1. The Sim must have a want to resurrect the dead Sim.
2. The Sim must be able to pay Olive the full price ($10,000). Olive will always shortchange, pay $5K and keep $5K for herself, so the Sim will always come back with a reversed personality.
3. The Sim must provide Olive with a friend or acquaintance that she can either feed to the cowplant or use for another reason (usually a townie).
4. There is a dice-roll chance of adverse effects on both the Sim asking for the resurrection and the resurrected. These could be: loss of memory, loss of fertility, loss of 3 days of life, loss of skills, loss of relationship between the two, or no effect.

Only Olive can resurrect Sims. Those going into the Paranormal career will no longer get that reward.

D'ya mind if I nick that idea, surlington? That would go really well in my medieval game lol

You can call me Diddy (or Eve, if you want to go by my real name) :)
My Simblr is simping-simmer. Come and join me there for a chat!
You can also find me on the MTS or PBK Discord servers under the name 'Evenfall'.
Want to know the latest news in Carregffynon? Click here!
Scholar
#1030 Old 23rd Sep 2020 at 12:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by didyouevenmakeasound
D'ya mind if I nick that idea, surlington? That would go really well in my medieval game lol

Of course not! That's why I shared it. I love seeing how others play and using it for ideas for my own game. I'm happy if my ideas are useful for you in return.
Mad Poster
#1031 Old 23rd Sep 2020 at 12:35 PM
One thing more about Olive being the 'soul reaper' in resurrection:

Make her immortal-not a vampire-just never growing old.
She can be the cemetery owner, and if one wants to resurrect another pixel, she's gonna charge good money for it.

I think it's a great idea-copy all the information about Olive's personality and recreate her..age at elder, and aging off when you play her in the game.

I've had a recreated Grim Reaper as a playable in my game-Olive is slightly less ugly. She even has a cemetery that she could use as a house or a business on the Downloads page: Strangetown Memorial Cemetery
A perfect set up!

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Theorist
#1032 Old 27th Sep 2020 at 6:53 PM
Ok.. so I need a bit of help in decidin what to do

In TS2 Agnes Crumplebottom is dead/ an ancestor. In TS3 she married Erik Darling, who died on their wedding day. I'm not puttin ALL TS3 stuff in my game, but I have picked a few things such as this.

I will make Erik, give him parents and a sister. Now the question is... do I allow for Erik and Agnes to procreate BEFORE he dies? If I don't then the Darling name, while not in TS2 will die out... (unless I have June Darling, Erik's sister have an illegitimate child)

(I am gonna try and keep all the starting last names goin... though there are a few that I wouldn't mind dyin off)

So what should I do?
A) Let them procreate before him dying
B) June has an illegitimate child
C) Somethin else
Field Researcher
#1033 Old 27th Sep 2020 at 7:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CaliBrat
Ok.. so I need a bit of help in decidin what to do.

So what should I do?
A) Let them procreate before him dying
B) June has an illegitimate child
C) Somethin else

So many possibilities!!

You could:
- have them try for a baby on their wedding day, just once. Maybe she gets pregnant, maybe not. Her baby bump wouldn't show up until the next day.
- June could become a single mom
- Depending on your rules, June's husband could take her last name. Her wife could take her last name. She could have an inseminated baby.
- June and her husband/wife could hyphenate their last name, then it's not completely gone.
- Erik's father could have a second wife and have a baby with her (first wife died/divorces him)

I think you should do all 3 and have multiple Darlings. Definitely name one of the Wendy Angelica Moira Darling.
#1034 Old 27th Sep 2020 at 7:47 PM
Lots of possibilities, like the ones mentioned above.

I try my best to leave many things in my game up to chance. My Sims only Woohoo if it's from ACR, or if both of the Sims either want to Woohoo or Have a Baby. If one or both of the Sims only want to Woohoo, it's up to me to decide whether or not it's a Try For Baby. I do have a rule however that I am only allowed to let my Sims Try For Baby once per day, to make it a bit more realistic and challenging to conceive (over population tends to quickly become a problem in my hoods).
I would have them try for a baby once if they want to woohoo or have a baby. If it doesn't happen, you have the other options that were suggested. It's really up to you whether you want to lose the last name or not. I don't care if certain last names die out as long as those Sims are connected in the family tree to other living Sims.
Mad Poster
#1035 Old 27th Sep 2020 at 8:52 PM
I have an elder sim, Doug, who wants to marry off six kids. He's got six, five with his wife and one alien abduction, but the thing is, I don't think he has enough life left for the younger ones to get through college, find spouses, and marry. He didn't find the right lady to marry early enough, you understand (problems of being CAS made as an adult). I'm not playing with aspiration rewards. He's been so busy with childrearing that his wants have gone a bit by the wayside and he's still a bit shy of permaplat by LTA points, too. Also his second child rolled Romance. I use inteen, so I have several options.

I could let it go, and if he doesn't die platinum, he doesn't die platinum. Xenia, the Romance sim, would probably be displeased if she got married to fulfill her dad's LTW if he didn't get it because Mathea didn't grow up fast enough, though.
He could adopt some teens, I have the hack for that. Kari, his wife, is also a family sim (Golden Anniversary LTW), so she wouldn't mind. On the other hand, they've been so crazy busy they aren't actually friends with all the kids they have, which I'm not sure how that happened, actually, because usually my sims manage to become friends with the kids just by taking care of them. Probably the gardening.
I could let the younger ones skip college and marry as teens. If they meet anyone, the oldest didn't meet anyone she had any interest in until college at all! (She also never brought teens home on the school bus.)

The oldest, Beatrix, a popularity sim, has already made some life choices in college to find Mr. Right that may have adverse effects, using a love potion to get someone she'd just met to fall for her.
Xenia, romance, teen who is an abduction child, has a boyfriend who is also a romance sim and would say yes to a proposal, so she's at least got someone. She'd like two loves though now, and I'm sure he would, too.
Macarius, also a teen, also popularity is going steady with his girlfriend.
Erland and Wallis are twins and still children, and Mathea, the baby, just aged up to child.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
#1036 Old 27th Sep 2020 at 10:05 PM
Maybe you should consider why it is so important to you that he achieves this want/permaplat.
I know we all play our games differently and even though I play wants-based that doesn't mean all of my Sims' wants are fulfilled. He wants to marry off six children and he has the six children to marry off, so he was working towards that want. Even if he doesn't achieve it, he can die knowing that maybe his kids were heading down that path.
For example, my character Pepper Fromage has the LTW to graduate three children from college. Population matters to me in my hood because I always get carried away with too many babies. So I decided to take that want as Pepper wants three kids and she wants them to all have a good education. So, she's pregnant with her third kid. I don't see this family having any more children than that (maybe I'll be surprised). So far, she's doing her part to raise her kids to hopefully get them to want to go to college. If the time comes and one of her kids doesn't roll the want to go to college, too bad. She did her part and I'm not going to make one of her kids do something life changing only for her because they don't have that type of relationship. Perhaps in my Piccolo family, where status is everything, the kids would be forced to go to college. I wouldn't have Pepper adopt teens last minute for the sake of LTW, either. I also don't care if all of my Sims are platinum when they die, I like varieties in my stories. That's just how I play, though.
Field Researcher
#1037 Old 27th Sep 2020 at 11:04 PM
Remember that you can fulfill that LTW with 6 weddings. It can be the same kid twice, so maybe this means Xenia gets married, but it doesn't last, so she gets married again. You could have 1 child get married 6 times and achieve that want.

I like the idea that some Romance sims envision these perfect romances, which then don't fulfill their expectations, which is why they want to find a new love all the time. Cause they haven't grown up enough to realize that true love is sticking with your partner even when they drive you bananas or don't make you feel happy every single moment.
Theorist
#1038 Old 28th Sep 2020 at 6:16 PM
To those who play taxes to fund community lots, how do you deal with your town lacking funds?
My sims ask for a community centre of some sort but after funding a post office, a job centre and a library, Mayor Rivest wouldn't put the town into debt, neither would I.
Mad Poster
#1039 Old 28th Sep 2020 at 8:05 PM
BeckyBoo8

Legacy founder, and according to the rules: "Category: Platinum Graves This is a really simple category. You get half a point for every platinum grave that remains on the lot. It does not matter which aspiration the grave is, only that it is platinum. To gain a platinum grave, a sim must die of old age while in platinum. Points over 10 carry over to the overflow category."
And: "“No regrets” If a sim born into the legacy family is able to die a platinum death without having a single bad memory. Earn this point. The only exception to this rule is the “death of family member” bad memories. Those deaths must be platinum deaths. The sim must be an heir. Once the No Regrets point has been earned, sim children may grow up to be pleasure seeker sims without you having to roll."

That second one is easiest to get before too many ghosts are around to scare sims into peeing and passing out, and it just so happens that my first heir rolled a knowledge secondary, so those'll be green memories, otherwise I wouldn't try for it.

Not that I've done more than three generations in a Legacy, before getting bored with it, but I did do seven in an Apocalypse once. Was buggy to heck-and-gone by the end, with invisible pregnant sims and all, but that was also before HoodChecker was created.

Anyway, that's why the platinum grave is important. His wife's enough younger that I can probably get it with a dream date, assuming she's not at work or he isn't, that last day, or that they retire. Permaplat's just easier, and his desire for all his kids to be happily married has been driving his daughters' decisions so far . . . I'm pretty sure oldest daughter is going to have some serious regrets about all that.

Field Researcher
#1040 Old 28th Sep 2020 at 8:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Essa
To those who play taxes to fund community lots, how do you deal with your town lacking funds?
My sims ask for a community centre of some sort but after funding a post office, a job centre and a library, Mayor Rivest wouldn't put the town into debt, neither would I.

Well, limiting what can be built is kinda the point of tax-funded challenges, right?

So I guess depending on how much money you need, you could:
-wait to build
-raise taxes
-do a fundraiser
-get donations
-have a wealthy sim construct something out of charity
-get town could pay for the plot and people would use their knowledge and resources to built something as a community
#1041 Old 28th Sep 2020 at 9:16 PM
Thanks for that, Sunbee. I'm not familiar with legacy challenges or any challenges for that matter.
Since achieving that want secures his platinum grave, the sounds like the safest bet. Multiple weddings for the same Sim could help you get there faster, or he could adopt teens like you said. I guess it just depends on whether you want more playable Sims or not.
Mad Poster
#1042 Old 29th Sep 2020 at 7:20 AM
@Essa -I just have my towns take their time on building the community lots and raising taxes means bills go up.I also pretend the locals work together building it so it's taking time to get additions finished.
Mad Poster
#1043 Old 29th Sep 2020 at 3:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sunbee
I could let the younger ones skip college and marry as teens.
Could they not marry as teens (with a mod) and then go to uni later? I sincerely hope it is possible, because it's what Andrew and Julian are planning on doing.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Theorist
#1044 Old 29th Sep 2020 at 4:28 PM Last edited by Essa : 30th Sep 2020 at 1:12 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by enebya
Well, limiting what can be built is kinda the point of tax-funded challenges, right?

So I guess depending on how much money you need, you could:
-wait to build
-raise taxes
-do a fundraiser
-get donations
-have a wealthy sim construct something out of charity
-get town could pay for the plot and people would use their knowledge and resources to built something as a community

@enebya
Well, I think they'll have to wait. I'm not sure I have wealthy sims in my hood with the no20khandout and noinheritance hacks. Raising taxes is out of the question.
I like your last proposal better even if I'm a terrible builder as well as being a lazy simmer.

Quote: Originally posted by TadOlson
@Essa -I just have my towns take their time on building the community lots and raising taxes means bills go up.I also pretend the locals work together building it so it's taking time to get additions finished.

@TadOlson
This is how I started my current hood with 10 sims leaving off the land. I don't plan I just follow the game.
It's now simday 93-94 and I have almost 29 households. I believe community lots are built to suit my sims needs.
Mad Poster
#1045 Old 29th Sep 2020 at 6:37 PM
AndrewGloria, that might be the best idea yet.

The one I thought might not want to go to college, Xenia, the romance sim, wanted to go her entire teenhood, so off she went. The funniest part of college so far is that in a 16 room dorm, neither of the two have any interest in any of their male dorm mates (both being straight, because ACR decided they were). Somewhat less potential caught-cheating drama, since both have more than one boyfriend right now.

I probably shouldn't technically be going for points, because my game is so hacked, but I want to, so there!

Mad Poster
#1046 Old 30th Sep 2020 at 3:01 PM
I've got the community lot in Dodge built to suit the current needs of the town though they're getting ready to expand it as they town is growing and should see another couple arriving in the coming spring.They've all had to build houses for shelter though they did start out with just a roof with not walls until they started the house builds.Dodge is about to get their third couple moving in next year in the spring of 1842.
Theorist
#1047 Old 3rd Oct 2020 at 10:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Essa
Here's my dilemma.
Arnaud and Coralie Lamour-Saurel are happily married. He's 35, she's 57 (I know I said elsewhere that I dislike large age gap but simmies' willpower is sometimes stronger than mine).
She's Romance-Fortune and he's Romance-Family. They're 3-bolters. I added the secondary aspiration not so long ago.
So when Arnaud settled down with Coralie, he knew that Coralie wouldn't want kids. She made it really clear and he was agree with that. On a side note, she made it to the hood as a live-in nanny and she dislike it. Well dealing with the Desrosierses quadruplets was truly difficult.

Arnaud has siblings with kids. He always interacts with his nieces and nephews when he shows up at their house. I was not surprised he finally rolled the want to have a child.
I'd like to grant him his want but I'm at lost.
1. They could divorce due to irreconcilable differences and then he'll have to find somesim his age;
2. They're faithful despite being Romance. I can't picture neither of them having an affair and getting caught. (I have ACR and my most promiscuous sims are Knowledge and Popularity).
3. My hood has an orphanage with no toddler atm but he could adopt and after that, Coralie could left him.

I don't know yet how this story will unfold since I have some drama playing in the background.

So I played the Orphanage where teens boys Maël and Maxence live and summoned Arnaud and Coralie.
Arnaud immediately interacted with Maël while Coralie was more discreet at first then spoke briefly with both Maël and Maxence.
The next dayr Arnaud and Coralie invited the teens for dinner. Arnaud befriended Maël while Coralie showed little interest to both boys. TBH she's more into her husband since they're 3-bolters and trying to run a successful poker game business.
After dinner, Arnaud and Coralie were tired the same. Coralie headed to bed while Arnaud decided to spend more time with the boys, chatting with them. I find this really cute.

While I was playing an other household, Arnaud interacted with Coline's baby after he's done repairing the shower as the local repairman.
Coralie will turn into an elder the next time I'll play them so I don't know how many years she'll have yet.
I'm still torn because I feel Arnaud would like a baby but it can't happen now so I unlocked the baby want.
Mad Poster
#1048 Old 4th Oct 2020 at 11:53 AM
I might have only teens with romance not stick with one partner at first until they find somebody and begin to settle down with a steady romance and that peasure sims are more likely to not commit to a relationship or to cheat if they do.Popularity sims are more likely to want to work on charisma and fix their peronsalities and to study anger management so they don't get into so many fights.
I do have an allowance for there to be some sims who never marry or have children and others who get married and decide to remain childless because they just don't feel suited to being parents and choose to skip children.That's less likely to happen in the town's early days as the population isn't very big and with sims being resticted to smalller house sizes they won't have large families until they can build bigger homes.
#1049 Old 13th Oct 2020 at 6:43 PM
Next in my rotation is my Baker family and I'm stuck on Evan and Sugar's relationship..

They moved to Luna Canyon just married and got pregnant immediately. Sugar (Romance) did not want a baby that soon and wasn't even sure if she wanted a baby at all. Once their son Bud was born Sugar became miserable. She got fired from her job at the record store and Evan (Fortune) was juggling both his job in the culinary career and the opening of his bakery. Sugar felt neglected by her husband. Instead of working on getting a job and taking care of the baby, Sugar took every chance she could to see Henry Piccolo. Eventually, she got caught by Evan. Evan assumed Sugar was done with him and pretty much stopped talking to his wife. She gave him space. He started dating a woman named Brooke without telling Sugar and things are getting serious now- he's in love with Brooke. Sugar is in love with Evan still. Then she saw Evan with Brooke and got so upset. She knows she's not a great wife but she does love Evan. Evan seemed shocked that Sugar was upset, he didn't know she still cared about him. But there's so many bad things about them - were they ever a good couple together? And now Evan fell in love with Brooke.

I feel like a decision has to be made. Sugar loves Evan and would struggle financially if she was on her own. Evan is stuck between two women: his wife who hurt him and Brooke who has shown nothing but kindness. Bud is very close with his father but not even friends with his mother. I feel like the key things are that there's clearly still unresolved feelings and that they have a son together. Any ideas of whether they should mend their relationship, breakup, stay married for their son but not be romantically involved, or anything else is appreciated. Currently I'm thinking about the possibility of them having an open relationship, but I'm not sure.
Scholar
#1050 Old 13th Oct 2020 at 6:57 PM
From the way you describe these characters, I don't know if they'd be suited to an open relationship. It seems to me like Evan has moved on. Maybe he should have told Sugar about Brooke--that was his mistake--but he loves Brooke now. I would probably break them up. It's time for Sugar to figure out her life for herself.

Just my 2 cents--I'm interested to see what others think and what you choose to do!
Page 42 of 48