Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Mar 2024 at 12:19 AM
Default Does anyone else have an overpopulation of Taurus townies?
In the process of giving my townies makeovers, I noticed that an incredible percentage of them are Taurus, including all categories (Downtownies, Vacation sims, Studio Towners, and Stranges). I investigated via SimEnhancer and found that there are nearly none with a Playful score of below 6. In fact, I only found a handful of serious townies in the entire game (besides the "wallflower" Downtownie archetypes who have 0 Playful as a matter of course). This seems extremely odd and makes me wonder if there is some kind of broken randomizer to blame. Has anyone else noticed this happening?
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 27th Mar 2024 at 4:27 PM
Mm that's interesting! I suspect Maxis intentionally gave them more Playful and probably Nice points so they would socialize and accept your sims interactions more. TS1 was really savage once you tried for two sims to get along.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 29th Mar 2024 at 8:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ed95
Mm that's interesting! I suspect Maxis intentionally gave them more Playful and probably Nice points so they would socialize and accept your sims interactions more.

I don't know if it's intentional or not, or even if it's happening to anyone but me! But I have not noticed any extra Nice points, unfortunately; my townies tend to be both Playful and Mean which makes them... interesting to try to befriend.
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 29th Mar 2024 at 4:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by EphemeralToast
I don't know if it's intentional or not, or even if it's happening to anyone but me! But I have not noticed any extra Nice points, unfortunately; my townies tend to be both Playful and Mean which makes them... interesting to try to befriend.

Oh, dear. Yeah, that combo would lead to lots of teasing.

You can use Sim Enhancer to edit the personalities of the townies if you want, but I imagine you know that. :-)

I've made some mods for The Sims 1 -- yes, The Sims ONE :-) -- which you can find at http://corylea.com/Sims1ModsByCorylea.html
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 29th Mar 2024 at 6:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Corylea
Oh, dear. Yeah, that combo would lead to lots of teasing.

Sigh... yes, indeed.

I did decide to give a few of them a "personality transplant" although I did it in-game using some Simlogical visitor control items and a personality randomizer statue. Now there is at least a little bit of variety!