Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Testers Wanted: Ask About Relationship Status Interaction (Updated 12/3/2006)

by syberspunk Posted 24th Aug 2006 at 10:28 PM - Updated 3rd Dec 2006 at 12:30 PM by syberspunk : v3.00 - added new feature: ask to scope room and tweaked acceptance code

75 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 67 Feedback Posts, 7 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 4
Field Researcher
#26 Old 25th Aug 2006 at 11:46 PM
This is great! Strange that maxis didn't do something like this in the game. Quite useful, thank you!
Test Subject
#27 Old 26th Aug 2006 at 3:04 AM
Hi Syb, have to disappoint you..:-) The idea is not really yours..I have been wanting this for a long time, but was too shy to ask..:-) Thanks a lot

Life is uncertain. Eat the dessert first
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 26th Aug 2006 at 12:03 PM
Ha ha! That's a good joke, Amica999: trying to claim credit on an idea you never publicly stated. I'll have to try that sometime.

I'm going to give this a try tomorrow (or whenever the site will allow me to doanload the file, that is). Great idea, syberspunk!

So these files definitely cannot go into a Hacks folder in the Downloads folder (with Nightlife) then?
Test Subject
#29 Old 26th Aug 2006 at 10:31 PM
Awesome, I'll try it out tonight.

---lydia the awesome---
Test Subject
#30 Old 27th Aug 2006 at 12:57 PM
Ah, i have been looking for something like this for a while, thanks. I have all the EP's except FFS and I have not run into any problems.
Scholar
#31 Old 27th Aug 2006 at 3:46 PM
Again an excellent hack ! Thanks a lot !
Test Subject
#32 Old 27th Aug 2006 at 11:13 PM
Yes, thank you! I was going to request something like this some time ago but forgot. I did actually ask for something similar, basically "are you gay" kind of thing. But this is a lot more universally useful!

My latest expansion pack is Nightlife, so I'll let you know if I have any issues.

Vid the Kid
a.k.a. Bír'd'in
a.k.a. David "Smith"
My Sims 2 Page

Does this font make me look fat?
MTS2 Hot Pepper
#33 Old 28th Aug 2006 at 4:42 PM
Very great! MAxis should code it it self!

Currently playing Sims 4 full collection. (and fixing my mods folder)
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#34 Old 29th Aug 2006 at 6:11 PM
Crap - I will download this as soon as the b***** downloads are working properly again.
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 1st Sep 2006 at 3:36 AM
wow nice thank you, btw this made me realize that most sims are single!

Thanks 4 sharing ur Hard work of art w/us.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#36 Old 1st Sep 2006 at 8:53 AM
Added Features for v2.00

As requested, I have added a couple of new features:

1) A new interaction for an Ask About Gender Preference option. I figured it was a pretty personal question, so I've tweaked the acceptance. More outgoing sims will be more open and willing to answer this. If the target is not very outgoing, then acceptance will depend on how nice they are and their mood, with a bit of randomness thrown in. Please report back if you find the acceptance to be too low. I'm open to suggestions. Also, responses may vary.
2) I have also added a feature to report the sims that the target has a crush on or is in love with. This will only happen if the target sim is single. This seemed natural to me because if you are in a committed relationship with the target sim, they most likely wouldn't tell you who Else they are in love with or have a crush with. That should most likely make you jealous, and I didn't want to try and program anything more complicated involving jealousy. Besides, it would only be a surprise if you don't keep track of all your sims prospects. And you could always ask Before you get into a committed relationship with them while they are single. I've also tweaked the acceptance for the relationship status slightly. So shy target sims are less likely to answer unless are nice and in a good mood or they have a decent LTR with the asking sim.

The acceptance and report messages are loosely open to suggestions. That is to say, I am amenable to perhaps changing them around if a lot of people feel they need to be tweaked, and it falls in line with my own thoughts, AND if I'm not too lazy to do it. :P
Oh, and I decided to call it 'Gender Preference' as opposed to 'Sexual Orientation' to sort of make it more family friendly. You can easily change these things yourself using SimPE and editing the appropriate TXT files.

These new features need testing once again, so please report back if you have any problems.

Ste
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#37 Old 2nd Sep 2006 at 11:04 AM
Bleh, stupid me, I uploaded the wrong file. The correct .zip should be attached now with the latest files. They should be dated 9/1/2006. Sorry about that.

Ste
Test Subject
#38 Old 8th Sep 2006 at 2:40 AM
Thank you so much, what a fabulous idea. Too many times, my Sims have gotten involved with romantic entanglements with married or in love sims, which causes me no end of problems later, trying to sort out the romantic messes they get themselves into!!! Now my sims (and I) can have advance notice of a marriage, romance or in love with someone else, and avoid these situations. Excellent work!
Test Subject
#39 Old 12th Sep 2006 at 4:21 AM
Hi,
i must congratulate you on this that you have created. it is just what i have needed for my sims for a long time. thank you so much!
Test Subject
#40 Old 18th Sep 2006 at 6:32 AM
i love this mod, but theres no need to swear (in your origonal post) , i'll follow the reminder without it, (sorry, i just had to say that. i encounter swearing so much online from good people...but boy does it bring you down reading swearing :/)
Field Researcher
#41 Old 18th Sep 2006 at 12:33 PM
I think we all have at one time or another wished this in our game, We all play with different amounts of sims, in my currant hood I have 154 playable sims and it is hard to remember who lives with who, who is married to who, and who is single and unattached.
This is a great mod and if you were here I would kiss your feet, this is going to make the game easier to play without quickly going to so and so house to see if they are married before letting my sim woo hooo etc with them. Thanks again.

It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.
Instructor
#42 Old 20th Sep 2006 at 2:06 PM
Oh, man! This is so nice!
Everytime I wanted to know my Sims preference, I had to type that stupid cheat. Now I don't have anymore. It's so cool!
Can't hardly wait to test it. Thanks for sharing this!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#43 Old 25th Sep 2006 at 10:36 PM
v2.01 - Fixed Check tree primitive blocked completion error

Please redownload, test, and report back if any further errors are found. Thanks.

Ste
Lab Assistant
#44 Old 30th Sep 2006 at 9:32 PM
Ok, thanks for create this, it's a very good idea. I'll try to find the new version 2.01. Thanks again!!

Libertad no conozco sino la libertad de estar presa
en alguien
cuyo nombre no puedo oir sin escalofrío...

Viggo forever!!!!!
Test Subject
#45 Old 27th Oct 2006 at 5:29 PM
This is just what I've wanted for ages, my sims are in a world of illicit affairs (some of which were planned) because I lose track of who is in a relationship and who isn't! It's especially bad for my teens since I tend to get my adults married off as soon as they are in love, but teens can't marry so I can't inspect their hand for a wedding ring before I pair them off with someone else!

Has anyone tried this with pets yet? I can't see any reason why it shouldn't work with Pets, but my game takes half an hour to load, so if it doesn't work it takes ages to quit and start again! (as I found out when I forgot to remove the inteenimator!)
Test Subject
#46 Old 1st Nov 2006 at 7:45 PM
I havent removed this hack since installed EP4, it doesnt seem to conflit with anything, but now it never works...
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#47 Old 7th Nov 2006 at 7:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ladygriever
I havent removed this hack since installed EP4, it doesnt seem to conflit with anything, but now it never works...

In what way? Does the action drop out of the queue? Or does the other sim always refuse to answer?

When I have a chance, I will try and investigate.

Ste
Test Subject
#48 Old 10th Nov 2006 at 3:06 AM
Hey! Great work on this hack! Just downloaded it yesterday and it's working really well except for one tiny thing.

Sometimes when I use the ask relationship status option, an error will come up for the sim that's being asked.
Error: Temp0 does not point at a Sim ObjectID

Having said that, it only comes up after it's done what it's supposed to (ie. tell me about their crushes/loves), so no biggie.. just a little bit annoying :D
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#49 Old 11th Nov 2006 at 9:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by curiousfire
Sometimes when I use the ask relationship status option, an error will come up for the sim that's being asked.
Error: Temp0 does not point at a Sim ObjectID

Having said that, it only comes up after it's done what it's supposed to (ie. tell me about their crushes/loves), so no biggie.. just a little bit annoying :D

Hrm... that actually is a bug. If you can attach a copy of the error log, that would really help. You should be able to find the log in your Logs folder. It should be under My Documents\EA GAMES\The Sims 2\Logs

At least something like that. And the file name should be ObjectError_N###_t#####.txt where N### represents the number of the neighborhood that the error occurred in, and t##### is just some number (probably a form of timestamp).

My computer right now is down and I am not sure when I will get it back up and running :sad: but hopefully soon. When I do, I will try and test this out again and see if I can find the bug.

Also... I think you might have to have at least NL. I am not sure if it will work for Uni or the basegame due to dependencies on animations that were probably only available from NL or later.

Ste
Test Subject
#50 Old 13th Nov 2006 at 12:23 PM
It happened three times and I'm not sure if they were the same so i've put them all in the rar file.

And yeah, I do have NL so that shouldn't have been a problem.

But as I said, it works great otherwise
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Logs.rar (34.2 KB, 12 downloads)
Page 2 of 4