Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Efficiency Neighborhoods

by dinkytink Posted 12th Sep 2006 at 9:15 AM - Updated 23rd Jan 2009 at 9:22 PM by dinkytink : adding links to small blank lots

58 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 52 Feedback Posts, 5 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 3
Field Researcher
#26 Old 15th Sep 2006 at 1:53 AM
These are great!! Thanks!!

"I always wanted to fly in strange machines"
Field Researcher
#27 Old 15th Sep 2006 at 5:22 PM Last edited by CAgirlnKS : 15th Sep 2006 at 5:24 PM. Reason: Typos :)
Quote: Originally posted by dinkytink
CAgirlnKS, I was drawing them! I must have picked up on your vibes.

LOL I guess you were!! In honor of that, I scraped the custom neighborhood I started (there really was nothing there yet) and used the Blossom layout for the base neighborhood. I had moved all the Maxis-made houses (minus their lived in homes) to the lots/houses bin. I was able to place ALL of them in the Blossom pattern! WOOT WOOT!! I've also used the ones you created for a OFB neighborhood and Uni neighborhood. They work great in the game!! Thank you again!
Test Subject
#28 Old 17th Sep 2006 at 2:27 AM
You are truly a godsend. Thank you so much for sharing.
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 17th Sep 2006 at 6:24 AM
this should be featured. AMAZING.
Test Subject
#30 Old 23rd Sep 2006 at 1:31 AM
Thank you so much. Mountains and a futuristic/loft style homes don't really go together in my world.

Cookies make the world go round.
Test Subject
#31 Old 25th Sep 2006 at 10:07 PM
I'm so happy these will defenitely work on my slow computer. Thanks very much.
Test Subject
#32 Old 14th Oct 2006 at 8:04 AM Last edited by kyna1962 : 14th Oct 2006 at 2:19 PM.
Oooh, I'll take two for the price of one! Where do I plonk down my simoleons?

Thanks for these, your sales pitch hit every single one of my annoyances about terrains. Now I'm off to do some neighbourhood terrain surgery in SimPE to replace the terrains in my existing neighbourhoods.

EDIT to add: I've replaced the Pleasantview terrain with your DinkORama terrain. It looks much better, all the home lots are adjacent to each other so that I can click on the next lot in my rotation to play it, and my business/entertainment district looks great.
Field Researcher
#33 Old 29th Oct 2006 at 7:25 PM
I have to agree w/CAgirlnKS... you hit the major selling points.. I have a pretty fast computer.. but not knowing all the possibilities the game has to offer limit me being able to fix things.. like those warped up roads when putting a split level hillside, on one that doesn't match.. Flat is good.. especially for someone still learning (which unfortunately would be me) I love your stuff, and look forward to seeing (and most likely d/ling all of it) anything you create.. Really, these are fabulous... I wanted something to sort out the rich from the poor, etc.. and these will do the trick. Thank you!

If you dare to visit the world of the undead.. click my link, and steady yourself.... mmmm, blood, give me blood...

If you click that link, write me at [email protected] let me know so I don't sever you ;-)
Test Subject
#34 Old 2nd Nov 2006 at 12:03 PM
Wonderful Thanks. I hate neighbourhoods that are overly-decorated, they run so slow for my computer!

<3 Nicola, xx
..."Its not hard to dream, you'll always be my konstantine"
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 10th Nov 2006 at 2:46 PM
Thank you so much for this, I've been wanting for something like this ever since I got the game!
Test Subject
#36 Old 17th Nov 2006 at 1:47 AM
Thank you soo much I think fancy neihborhoods are neat and great work but I hate having to try to deal with them in the game. I like these a lot! They're neat with the road set up and work great. Yay!

Chami
"When at first I appear I seem delirious, When explained I'm nothing serious."
Test Subject
#37 Old 15th Dec 2006 at 4:26 PM
Yes YeS YES!!!

These are exactly what I needed. Thank you SO much. You rock!
Test Subject
#38 Old 18th Dec 2006 at 2:09 PM
These are GREAT! I have always hated the neighborhoods with such large areas that cannot be filled in with houses, etc. Much better, thank you!
Scholar
#39 Old 28th Jan 2007 at 3:49 PM
After reading your well scripted and humorous description, I just had to rush off and buy...err..,download it right away!
This is exactly what I need, and I too, was irked by how a really good house can warp a lot 4ever! (I thought that it was my computer!)
But, no more!...thanks to your handy dandy lots!
I thank you so much for answering my needs at a price that I can afford!! :D

"What we say is good for nothing, if we say nothing for good.".
Test Subject
#40 Old 14th Mar 2007 at 12:39 PM
Personally, I don't mind an occassional Moebius road to nowhere or lot's trees sunk in a 'hood's river - things that Veronaville offers aplenty, but it gets boring with time. I'm so very lucky I found your sane collection just when I outgrew all my maps. Thanks. :D
Lab Assistant
#41 Old 27th Mar 2007 at 9:08 PM
This is great, but I have one question ~ how many lots will EasyTown fit in and of what sizes? Sorry to be a pain to somebody who is sold with such enthusiasm (I love it, btw ) - keep designing!
Scholar
#42 Old 13th Apr 2007 at 4:19 AM
Thanks so much for this. I'm about to start a custom neighbourhood and went looking for terrains. These will do the job brilliantly!
Lab Assistant
#43 Old 15th Apr 2007 at 7:41 AM
You're really funny. Even if I didn't like the neighorhoods, I would still download them just because you were so comical. They're great, and really conveinent. I wish someone would tell me how to make a neighborhood. -Sheyza James

Your Grandma Loves Me.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#44 Old 17th Apr 2007 at 4:16 AM
EasyTown capacity is:

5x5 in the small middle square
3x23 in the top rectangle
9x17 in the left rectangle
5x11 below the small square
7x17 in the right rectangle

+ the perimeter can hold up to 96 squares of sidewalk frontage (25 top, 25 bottom, 23 left, 23 right) So 18 of the 5x5 lots will fit around the edges with a few squares to spare.

Despite their size, I think you'll find these neighborhoods hold a surprising number of properties.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#45 Old 17th Apr 2007 at 5:59 AM
Sheyza, you make them using the SimCity4 game. Here's a tutorial you can use:

http://www.sims2wiki.info/wiki.php?...r_neighbourhood
Lab Assistant
#46 Old 3rd May 2007 at 4:50 PM
LMAO, you crack me up! thanks!
Test Subject
#47 Old 20th May 2007 at 12:42 AM
Love it! Thx a lot dinky.
Test Subject
#48 Old 11th Jul 2007 at 2:53 PM
I'm a big fan of EasyTown. I've had in my game for awhile and use it alot. Thanks!
Lab Assistant
#49 Old 18th Jul 2007 at 8:07 PM
I've been looking for neighborhoods like this! Thank you!

www.spazshare.com Free image hosting Sometimes I feel like a nut, sometimes I feel like a banana.
Lab Assistant
#50 Old 24th Aug 2007 at 4:37 PM
I love them all. Truly a great piece of work!

~ Hiro Osric ~
Page 2 of 3