Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Elsewhere -- Neighbourhood with lots

by plasticbox Posted 19th Mar 2009 at 7:52 PM - Updated 13th Jan 2015 at 4:21 AM by plasticbox

361 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 325 Feedback Posts, 35 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 5 of 15
Test Subject
#101 Old 20th Mar 2009 at 1:02 PM
I've been waiting for a new hood from you! You never disappoint either. Thanks a bunch.
Lab Assistant
#102 Old 20th Mar 2009 at 1:12 PM
i love it thanks a lot..

Live..Laugh..Love..
Test Subject
#103 Old 20th Mar 2009 at 1:22 PM
How you can place lots in anywhere???
Forum Resident
#104 Old 20th Mar 2009 at 1:32 PM
You totally rock... I only use your neighbourhoods in my game... and honestly I was getting tired of it. I have been secretly wishing that you would make another one - guess someone was listening. This looks amazing - and please know that I appreciate all the time and effort that was put into this creation - i know that this must have taken up quite a bit of you time. Thanks!!!

I've never been married, but I tell people I'm divorced so they won't think something is wrong with me.
- Anonymous

Sideways Garage Tutorial
Instructor
#105 Old 20th Mar 2009 at 1:42 PM
Wow, the stunning and kind of refrehing realism of your lots and the neighbourhood as a whole is nearly overwhelming!
I suppose you could drive to the coast and find a village there that is very much alike your creation !
Test Subject
#106 Old 20th Mar 2009 at 1:52 PM Last edited by Blutsauger : 21st Mar 2009 at 10:56 AM.
First of all, I'd like to thank you for your works, I absolutely adore your houses and though I don't usually download new terrains nor neighbourhoods, I had to download this one. You're quite amazing, pb

Having said that, unfortunetaly I have to report the same problem as Soneen - although the water shows up just fine in neighbourhood view and the whole terrain looks great, it doesn't show at all on lots. I took a screenshot of the island lot:

Hope it's clear enough what's going on there. Basically, there is no water but concrete. Oh, and the butterflies are swarming over the invisible pond, lol.

My computer specs (as shown in dxdiag as I am computer illiterate myself):
doesn't matter anymore, problem fixed

I've also got all EPs up to Seasons installed and no SPs.
If it comes to hacks I've got DC from MATY and some misc ones. I downloaded one of the hacks to change water colour that you've recommended in your post. Let me know if I can do anything else to help.

Cheers~
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#107 Old 20th Mar 2009 at 2:02 PM Last edited by plasticbox : 19th Mar 2009 at 8:19 PM.
Blutsauger,

from your screenshot it looks like you haven't turned on visible neighbours/decorations. Can you try with these settings:

- visible neighbourhood decorations ON
- visible neighbours ON
- viewing distance: Medium or Large

Does anything change?

(I don't think this is the same problem Soneen has – the game definitely behaves different in Seasons vs. BV or later.)

ETA: Hrm, I just checked and even when I set everything to off/low/small, I still see the water. Screenshot of my settings attached for reference; this is with deco and neighbours visible, viewing distance = small and fading = none.

Still, please give it a try; I'm on OS X after all, no idea how that compares.
Screenshots

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Lab Assistant
#108 Old 20th Mar 2009 at 2:12 PM
I love your stuff! Its always so simple yet so exciting at the same time. A unique art. This little neighborhood reminds me of Provincetown, MA meets Newport, OR since those are the most memorable coastal towns I've ever been to. It's so awesome! Can't wait to play in it!! I thank you so much for sharing with us all!!!

When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hang on. --Eleanor Roosevelt
Lab Assistant
#109 Old 20th Mar 2009 at 2:22 PM
This is incredible! I've always admired you for how you make your lots so functional and practical, and how good you can make them look with (almost) no CC. This neighborhood is beautiful and has such a cozy feeling. I can't wait to play it now.
Test Subject
#110 Old 20th Mar 2009 at 2:32 PM Last edited by Blutsauger : 19th Mar 2009 at 8:32 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by plasticbox
Blutsauger,

from your screenshot it looks like you haven't turned on visible neighbours/decorations. Can you try with these settings:

- visible neighbourhood decorations ON
- visible neighbours ON
- viewing distance: Medium or Large

Does anything change?

(I don't think this is the same problem Soneen has – the game definitely behaves different in Seasons vs. BV or later.)

Yes, I thought about that when I posted so I played a bit with settings, but it doesn't change anything.

Everything shows... except for the water

ETA: I've just noticed something - where the water should start, there is a weird, moving shadow... like there is a water tide, just transparent o_O Hm... maybe I'll take out that water-colour hack and see if that affects it somehow... I don't think I've any more hacks that could affect that, any idea what that can be?
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#111 Old 20th Mar 2009 at 2:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Blutsauger
Everything shows... except for the water

How does it look for you in Neighbourhood view, could you post a screenshot of that?

Also, can you try if it changes when you take niol's mod out (the neighbourhood water mod)?

I don't know what other mods would affect water .. like I said, I'm not a Windows person. I suggest taking out ALL of your CC except the "elsewhere_customcontent" folder, and check if the problem persists.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

Test Subject
#112 Old 20th Mar 2009 at 2:52 PM
Also, can you try if it changes when you take niol's mod out (the neighbourhood water mod)?

It has indeed changed - after taking out this mod, the water magically came back! Eh. I've downloaded the EP5-SS_EP6-BV_EP7-FT, did I make a mistake? Or it just doesn't want to work for some strange reason?
Anyways, I'm sorry for making such a fuss but I'm also glad I didn't have to take out all of my CC - there's a lot of that, lol.
Thank you for your quick replies!
Lab Assistant
#113 Old 20th Mar 2009 at 3:02 PM
Heya,

I have taken out every hack I had and restarted the game. Just like in Blutsauger's case, the water has re-appeared.

I will post the screenshots in the testing group as requested.

-S
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#114 Old 20th Mar 2009 at 3:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Blutsauger
It has indeed changed - after taking out this mod, the water magically came back! Eh. I've downloaded the EP5-SS_EP6-BV_EP7-FT, did I make a mistake?

"EP7-FT" seems to indicate it's a version for Freetime. You said you have a Seasons game. You simply downloaded the wrong version, it seems. That or it's not compatible with your game/system/drivers/hardware/whatever .. in any case, it's a problem with that mod and not with this neighbourhood.

Thanks for getting back though =) -- I hope this will help others who run into the same issue.

Soneen, thank you as well! Glad this is resolved.

Test Subject
#115 Old 20th Mar 2009 at 3:22 PM
"EP7-FT" seems to indicate it's a version for Freetime. You said you have a Seasons game. You simply downloaded the wrong version, it seems. That or it's not compatible with your game/system/drivers/hardware/whatever .. in any case, it's a problem with that mod and not with this neighbourhood.

Thanks for getting back though =) -- I hope this will help others who run into the same issue.

Well, I simply assumed it is for either SS or BV or FT, not for all of them I could try the previous version I guess, but it's a feature, not a necessity, so I think I'll pass on this one. Thank you

Oh yes, and I've never even suggested it's a problem with the neighbourhood, I knew this must be some kind of a conflict in-game. Your work is always top-notch
Lab Assistant
#116 Old 20th Mar 2009 at 3:32 PM
The water mod seems to be a cool thing, but I rather have my Sims fishing in water then grass. I will do some more testing though, to make sure it is the water mod and not some other hack I have normally in my game.

Happy to be of help pb.
Lab Assistant
#117 Old 20th Mar 2009 at 3:42 PM
Just curious-has anyone converted the 6–7 Panorama Bay into an apartment lot? I've done the other multi-household (with 3) without a problem, but 6-7 isn't wanting to change, lol. I've switched the doors as well as took out the low fencing.

Live, love, Laugh <3
Test Subject
#118 Old 20th Mar 2009 at 3:52 PM
All I can say is wow. This is the first custom neighborhood I've ever downloaded. Amazing work!

I tooled around in the neighborhood a bit this morning without any issues. (I did have to move a mailbox on one of the starter houses -- it was somehow causing the mail carrier to loop and not move on, but once I moved the mailbox, the problem rectified itself.)

I'm already planning some Sim stories about life on the 'island'. Thanks for all your hard work! I'll definitely be looking at some of your other work.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#119 Old 20th Mar 2009 at 4:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Dougner
I did have to move a mailbox on one of the starter houses -- it was somehow causing the mail carrier to loop and not move on, but once I moved the mailbox, the problem rectified itself

Do you happen to remember which lot that was? Would be good to know =)

Test Subject
#120 Old 20th Mar 2009 at 4:12 PM
Do you happen to remember which lot that was? Would be good to know =)

Sorry. It was Lot #21 - 3 Hammerhead Way.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#121 Old 20th Mar 2009 at 4:22 PM
Lot #21 .. ah. Yes, it could be that the hibiscus is in the way -- I tested that newspaper delivery works, but now I realise that it works a bit differently: they put the paper on the ground next to the mailbox, not IN the mailbox like bills, so they don't need to access it from the front. Thanks for letting me know.

Instructor
#122 Old 20th Mar 2009 at 4:32 PM Last edited by plasticbox : 25th Apr 2009 at 4:10 AM. Reason: Removed random huge pics
First of all I want to thank you Plasticbox. I have all expansions and SP's. I installed andeverything works like a charm.
This is really a very amazing, creeative, gorgeous neighborhood. You can find villages like that here on the swedish westcoast or perhaps in Norway, where it is more rocks and mountains. In Lofoten, far north, there is many small fishingvillages.
But, Plasticbox, you forget a important matter. For people in those villages religion is very important an you forget to build a church for them. So therefore I build one. I moved two of your lots, close to the graveyard, and build a typical small church of wood.

/Lisen
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#123 Old 20th Mar 2009 at 4:42 PM
Lisen, could you do the modem users a favour and add your pics as attachments? I'm afraid that people with slow connections are already challenged enough by this thread, it must have >200 thumbnails after all.

Also, not everybody is religious and not every religious person is Christian. But your church is very pretty =).

Instructor
#124 Old 20th Mar 2009 at 4:52 PM
"Hands Q back his jaw" in time to trip over mine this is more then awesome epic doesnt even touch it, you sure do have a talent...Excellent all around!! Very well done and congrats on the shiny star :D

"Inspiration,It comes not when you want it.But when you least expect it to!"
Test Subject
#125 Old 20th Mar 2009 at 5:02 PM
PB, this is incredible! I absolutely love it.

I love the simple realism...the ready-made business lots are my favorite. It's nice to be able to just jump into a 'hood and start playing.
Page 5 of 15