Replies: 15 (Who?), Viewed: 1272 times.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Mar 2021 at 7:10 PM Last edited by Onnya : 16th Jun 2021 at 12:04 AM.
The Sims 3 RX
Hey guys! My name is Onnya, but you all can call me Sara too. I'm a Spanish Modder & Translator who have my own site called Onnya Web. It may sound a bit narcissistic but precisely that's what I avoid . If you want to know more about me or my website you can follow me on my Twitter accounts @iamonnya and @iamonnyanews. Please, don’t contact with me via PM here in MTS. Use the second Twitter account (@im_onnyaweb) instead, or my email [email protected] if you don't have a Twitter Account/you don't be able to access to it.

Far from seeking fame or attention, I’ve turned to this community because I know how it works and also I know that there are wonderful and very talented people with whom I would like to carry out a fairly large community project. It's called The Sims 3 RX.

But, what is this?

It is an attempt at remastering The Sims 3 that aims to solve the vast majority of game problems in a single patch / Mod. Also, the idea is to rejuvenate the game experience with new features such as the following:
  • New loading screens (similar to The Sims 4 ones).
  • New remixed music from All The Sims Sagas.
  • New interconected worlds with a Storyline (based after The Sims 1 & The Sims 2 timeline).
  • Performance and graphic improvements (Less lag and some fixes like the famous Steam one).
  • Some appeareance changes in the Sims models.
  • New sliders and presets for all Ages.
  • Better skins, clothes remake, new and improved hairs (facial and body hairs included).
  • Complete Overhaul for all CAS Backgrounds (cas.classic, cas.pets, cas.stylist, cas.plumbot, etc.).
  • New animations (In-Game and CAS).
  • Revamped Traits (Sims and Pets).
  • Revamped Life Wishes as Life Aspirations.
  • ANYTHING YOU'D LIKE TO INCLUDE.

No, this is not a joke. Obviously I can't do all of this on my own, so I already have a few friends (including someone known in the community as Savannah Aka. The Sweet Simmer ) working in some things as can you expect. I really love this game and I think we can take advantage of a lot of things from The Sims 4 to improve it (a similar travel system between worlds modifying the Mod Nraas Traveler), but don't pay too much attention to me. My ideas are too crazy compared to the technical knowledge I have. That is why I would like more people to join and thus make a project for EVERYONE freely. It will be published on my website, but several pieces can be separated and even published right here.

I hope someone considers reading this post. Thanks for the attention! Love y'all!
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 12th Mar 2021 at 1:14 PM
Sounds great! All the best with the project, will really be great to have these features and a revamped TS3 experience as I know many people still play it (and prefer it over TS4), my main initial concern is that this is a large project which might be better broken down into smaller steps to keep motivation going. But hope it works out and you get a few people onboard!

SSD.

Creating Sim State Expansion for The Sims 3. :)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 12th Mar 2021 at 6:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimStateDude
Sounds great! All the best with the project, will really be great to have these features and a revamped TS3 experience as I know many people still play it (and prefer it over TS4), my main initial concern is that this is a large project which might be better broken down into smaller steps to keep motivation going. But hope it works out and you get a few people onboard!

SSD.


Thank you very much for the advice and encouragement! I hope so too.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 13th Mar 2021 at 7:30 PM
Looks interesting to me. Like SimStateDude, my main concern would be the overall size and scope of taking on everything at once and putting it all in one package. If you’re open to breaking things up, I think that would be a good way to go about it.

A few of the items in your list did catch my eye, like the revamped traits, life wishes as life aspirations, and new CAS presets, as there aren’t really any mods that have tackled those areas of the game. Also new animations. I think most of us enjoy seeing new animations.

I don’t know much in the way of coding yet, but I can convert animations from TS4 if you find that you need some. And I’ve always got ideas. Best of luck!
Field Researcher
#5 Old 13th Mar 2021 at 8:44 PM Last edited by Train_guy : 13th Mar 2021 at 8:49 PM. Reason: forgot something!
Sounds AMAZING, but I would like you to include 2 things to the list:

1) An overhaul of the game's built-in lighting system that ALLOWS light from both lighting fixtures and natural lighting to PROPERLY travel from one level to another (even in multi-level rooms, and in basements that were built using the "basement tool")!

Anybody remember this?:



2) The ability to place objects anywhere (and I MEAN anywhere) even on the walls that are built next to the hole for a set of basement stairs that were built with the "basement tool" (with or without the "moveObjects" cheat turned on) !
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 14th Mar 2021 at 1:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alunn
Looks interesting to me. Like SimStateDude, my main concern would be the overall size and scope of taking on everything at once and putting it all in one package. If you’re open to breaking things up, I think that would be a good way to go about it.

A few of the items in your list did catch my eye, like the revamped traits, life wishes as life aspirations, and new CAS presets, as there aren’t really any mods that have tackled those areas of the game. Also new animations. I think most of us enjoy seeing new animations.

I don’t know much in the way of coding yet, but I can convert animations from TS4 if you find that you need some. And I’ve always got ideas. Best of luck!


That would be wonderful! Many of the animations in The Sims 4 would look great with The Sims 3 RX. Can I get in touch with you?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 14th Mar 2021 at 1:11 PM Last edited by Onnya : 14th Mar 2021 at 7:56 PM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Train_guy
Sounds AMAZING, but I would like you to include 2 things to the list:

1) An overhaul of the game's built-in lighting system that ALLOWS light from both lighting fixtures and natural lighting to PROPERLY travel from one level to another (even in multi-level rooms, and in basements that were built using the "basement tool")!

Anybody remember this?:



2) The ability to place objects anywhere (and I MEAN anywhere) even on the walls that are built next to the hole for a set of basement stairs that were built with the "basement tool" (with or without the "moveObjects" cheat turned on) !



I don't know if the building System and object placement can be modified much, but lighting is definitely something we have our eyes on. Thanks a lot!
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 14th Mar 2021 at 9:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onnya
That would be wonderful! Many of the animations in The Sims 4 would look great with The Sims 3 RX. Can I get in touch with you?

Sure, just shoot me a PM here.
Test Subject
#9 Old 15th Mar 2021 at 10:58 AM
Yeah I would love the lighting issues to be fixed such as not bleeding beyond lots but any of these ideas implemented would be a great step forward!

Creating Sim State Expansion for The Sims 3. :)
Field Researcher
#10 Old 17th Mar 2021 at 7:51 PM
Another thing that would like added to the list is this: the ability to see objects (visibly) put in basements made with the basement tool above the basement hole!
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 22nd Mar 2021 at 12:33 AM
If enough people were interested in participating in such a big project, in my opinion, it would be much better and easier to build the game from scratch in Unreal Engine. We wouldn't have to deal with current modding limitations like shaders (which causes the problem that @Train_guy mentioned).
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 23rd Mar 2021 at 8:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slamyy
If enough people were interested in participating in such a big project, in my opinion, it would be much better and easier to build the game from scratch in Unreal Engine. We wouldn't have to deal with current modding limitations like shaders (which causes the problem that @Train_guy mentioned).


I think it would be very difficult to rebuild everything from scratch. Instead, we could recycle TSM and TS4 code to implement it here.
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 24th Mar 2021 at 12:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onnya
I think it would be very difficult to rebuild everything from scratch. Instead, we could recycle TSM and TS4 code to implement it here.

Surely it's no easy task. And a lot could be achieved with a good, extensive core mod. But the time that'll be spent on it will not be insignificant. So, while we're at it, why wouldn't we put some more time on it to create the best life simulation game ever made? Our modding community is huge and they have unbelievable talent and dedication. I think this topic is a good example: https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=623606 They started from nothing and soon we might be able to edit shaders. And it makes me think: "What if they were spending time on the actual features instead of struggling with the obstacles?".
I'm dead serious that if most of the modders here were to unite in an organized team, in a year, we would be playing at least the beta version of a game to surpass anything that Sims 5 or ParasiteLives can ever be. We would have nothing to complain about cuz it'd be created with the ideas of the community. Anything and everything could be optional, adjustable, customizable -and in the most easy way. Because we would have fully supported modding tools, made by people who actually play the game.
Only our imagination could be the limit:
-Create any kind of material with fully adjustable parameters, objects could have real iridescence for example
-CASt with more than 4 channels, cuz why not?
-Bring in those building features from TS4 that everyone likes, adjust paintings like you see in those ParaLives teasers
-Bring back all the goodness from TS2 : fears, unreciprocated feelings, memories (and I'm sure the community has great ideas to improve them even more)
-A drawing tool in CAS: A brush to add any kind of scar, freckle, mole, shape with layers on the skins. Set a layer as genetic to make it have a chance to appear on offspring.
-Pick the genetics separately from current look in CAS, so that sims can have dyed hair for example and still pass on correct info
These are just the things I can think right now that are not easily doable with even core modding. (Or at least that's what I know ) Also not even mentioning the 32-bit limits.

Of course this kind of project, as I said b4, would need a lot of volunteers and organization. There are enough modders, it's a matter of participation rate. But I think your RX project would need similar organization and time, that's why I brought this up.
So if that's possible, why not this one? We've been modding the Sims for a very long time now, a few years with the aim of the perfect sim game of our dreams shouldn't be too much.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#14 Old 24th Mar 2021 at 7:47 PM Last edited by Onnya : 24th Mar 2021 at 11:12 PM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slamyy
Surely it's no easy task. And a lot could be achieved with a good, extensive core mod. But the time that'll be spent on it will not be insignificant. So, while we're at it, why wouldn't we put some more time on it to create the best life simulation game ever made? Our modding community is huge and they have unbelievable talent and dedication. I think this topic is a good example: https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=623606 They started from nothing and soon we might be able to edit shaders. And it makes me think: "What if they were spending time on the actual features instead of struggling with the obstacles?".
I'm dead serious that if most of the modders here were to unite in an organized team, in a year, we would be playing at least the beta version of a game to surpass anything that Sims 5 or ParasiteLives can ever be. We would have nothing to complain about cuz it'd be created with the ideas of the community. Anything and everything could be optional, adjustable, customizable -and in the most easy way. Because we would have fully supported modding tools, made by people who actually play the game.
Only our imagination could be the limit:
-Create any kind of material with fully adjustable parameters, objects could have real iridescence for example
-CASt with more than 4 channels, cuz why not?
-Bring in those building features from TS4 that everyone likes, adjust paintings like you see in those ParaLives teasers
-Bring back all the goodness from TS2 : fears, unreciprocated feelings, memories (and I'm sure the community has great ideas to improve them even more)
-A drawing tool in CAS: A brush to add any kind of scar, freckle, mole, shape with layers on the skins. Set a layer as genetic to make it have a chance to appear on offspring.
-Pick the genetics separately from current look in CAS, so that sims can have dyed hair for example and still pass on correct info
These are just the things I can think right now that are not easily doable with even core modding. (Or at least that's what I know ) Also not even mentioning the 32-bit limits.

Of course this kind of project, as I said b4, would need a lot of volunteers and organization. There are enough modders, it's a matter of participation rate. But I think your RX project would need similar organization and time, that's why I brought this up.
So if that's possible, why not this one? We've been modding the Sims for a very long time now, a few years with the aim of the perfect sim game of our dreams shouldn't be too much.


All of that sounds wonderful, for sure. But now suppose that EA is not happy with the redistribution and modification of one of its main games. Creating such a title from scratch is very complicated. Basically it would be another different game and the nature of this project is to restore its splendor. Maybe and it may not be so crazy, there are parts that have to be rewritten again or things that have to be removed since it is more than a simple Base Mod. The subject of cracking the Shaders is surely possible if you investigate thoroughly, like many other things. What I don't know is how to get more people interested in this. Maybe you should open a Repo on GitHub so that anyone can contribute (not including proprietary items from The Sims 3 game).
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 25th Mar 2021 at 8:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onnya
But now suppose that EA is not happy with the redistribution and modification of one of its main games.

You are totally right about that. Butttttt;
since it will be greatly modified, I assume that its resemblance to any Sims game will be as much as any other life simulation game can be. Then you can put your original soundtrack and name the game something like "Hippity Hoppities". And the in-game currency would be "hippoleons" I guess. (At this point it's considered a legit original work.) Then one day someone could come up with a mod to replace "hippity hoppity" strings with "sims", and replace the original soundtrack with sims music. Only that mod could be taken down but I don't think anyone would bother.
Also it is somehow possible to create a remake game and distribute it. After all, distributors are not necessarily developers and some developers do not exist. No I'm not implying anything! It's your wild imagination! *slaps*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onnya
Creating such a title from scratch is very complicated.

That's why I suggested Unreal Engine. As far as I know coding there is a piece of cake and should save a lot of time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onnya
Basically it would be another different game and the nature of this project is to restore its splendor. Maybe and it may not be so crazy, there are parts that have to be rewritten again or things that have to be removed since it is more than a simple Base Mod. The subject of cracking the Shaders is surely possible if you investigate thoroughly, like many other things.

Well that's exactly what I'm saying. A new game. Because I think your project will take similar time and effort.

But anyways, if a flock of modders doesn't get in line to make a new game, I should let you know that I've started to work on head mesh replacements interconnected with slider replacements. So if you haven't started to work on those yet (and if you're fine with turtle speed ) maybe I could be in help to strike it off the list
And are you planning to replace the hairs with existing CC or remodel them? Same question for clothing too. Cuz I have -yet another- unfinished project on those XD
Test Subject
Original Poster
#16 Old 25th Mar 2021 at 4:50 PM Last edited by Onnya : 27th Mar 2021 at 12:24 AM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slamyy
You are totally right about that. Butttttt;
since it will be greatly modified, I assume that its resemblance to any Sims game will be as much as any other life simulation game can be. Then you can put your original soundtrack and name the game something like "Hippity Hoppities". And the in-game currency would be "hippoleons" I guess. (At this point it's considered a legit original work.) Then one day someone could come up with a mod to replace "hippity hoppity" strings with "sims", and replace the original soundtrack with sims music. Only that mod could be taken down but I don't think anyone would bother.
Also it is somehow possible to create a remake game and distribute it. After all, distributors are not necessarily developers and some developers do not exist. No I'm not implying anything! It's your wild imagination! *slaps*


That's why I suggested Unreal Engine. As far as I know coding there is a piece of cake and should save a lot of time.


Well that's exactly what I'm saying. A new game. Because I think your project will take similar time and effort.

But anyways, if a flock of modders doesn't get in line to make a new game, I should let you know that I've started to work on head mesh replacements interconnected with slider replacements. So if you haven't started to work on those yet (and if you're fine with turtle speed ) maybe I could be in help to strike it off the list
And are you planning to replace the hairs with existing CC or remodel them? Same question for clothing too. Cuz I have -yet another- unfinished project on those XD


Everything you could aport to the project will be nice! And about hairs and clothes, I would like to replace all and redo many others but I do not know with what visual style to make them (Sims 3 or Sims 4). But if you have something, you can give anything you want!
Back to top