Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Testers Wanted: Teen Enabled Adult Wants and Woohoo Wants And Woohoo Wants (Updated 7/1/2007)

by syberspunk Posted 27th Jun 2006 at 6:13 PM - Updated 10th Nov 2008 at 1:57 PM by syberspunk : added hack to disable go steady wants for adults

142 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 135 Feedback Posts, 6 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 6
Test Subject
#26 Old 16th Jul 2006 at 11:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by syberspunk

Hrm. I have no idea what the problem might be with Mac users. Have you found that all Mac users experience the same problem with any mod that changes the Want Tree file? Unfortunately, I don't know how to help you.

Ste

Don't worry syberspunk. I just posted it for documentation. And perhaps another mac user comes here. And if this one has a solution, s/he post it.
Test Subject
#27 Old 20th Jul 2006 at 12:04 AM
I installed both of them (and I have Woohoo Teens) and it's quite strange. I have an adult male in love with a teen female. Neither of them have any wants about the other one but the adult male has a fear of being rejected for a kiss by the teenager. She doesn't have any fears about him.

What could I have done wrong to make it work like this?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#28 Old 21st Jul 2006 at 1:52 AM
The mod should enable both fears and wants... if you're not getting wants, some event probably has to occur for them to roll up. Try making them go on a date. The fact that your sim shows a fear seems to indicate that the mod is working, but you just happen to have no wants roll up yet... they should eventually roll up. Depends on what type of sims you have and what their wants are currently fixated on. The wants system isn't exactly perfect. It's often quite random. Usually a date with a sim should trigger rolling up romantic type wants.

Ste
Field Researcher
#29 Old 29th Jul 2006 at 8:09 AM
Tested the "Wants"-version with InTeenimater 1.4a (OfB) and found no problems. On contrary: finally my teen-couples (mostly FAM/FAM and FAM/KNO asp) have wants that relate to each other and not to these dozens of friends out there in simland This - funny as it is - also applies to my adult and elder couples. All show more interest for each other than when the hack was not installed.

What I miss, though, are the options adults have when dating: woohoo in car / whirl pool (provided there is a car / whirl pool on the lot ). These did never pop up with teen couples. It's nothing critical, just a nice-to-have (and would boost up these aspiration points).

Thanks for this great hack! And thanks for the listing of instances. Examining 273 want trees was a pain in the ... *g*

CtfG
Test Subject
#30 Old 31st Jul 2006 at 4:47 PM
I decided to test this out, it worked like it was supposed to but ever since I downloaded this my game crashes every time I want to move in my family into a house. I even deleted it and it still crashes. It didnt do that before so I dont know what happened. I can move a family into an empty lot, but not a house. Help?

And-is it supposed to work with kids, too? One of them wants to tell dirty jokes...haha.
Field Researcher
#31 Old 31st Jul 2006 at 5:21 PM Last edited by CtfG : 31st Jul 2006 at 5:25 PM. Reason: Combined two replies in one
@Steakfries:
Your problem seems to be located somewhere else; modifying the wants doesn't have anything to do with houses. Did you - by any chance - also install downloaded houses or families at the same time? Or some other hack? Did you try the "Hack Conflict Detection Utility" (can be found under http://www.simwardrobe.com/ )?

The modded wants are definitely not responsible for your sim-kids to tell dirty jokes. This option must result from somewhere else.
- - - - - -

Quote: Originally posted by Argine
I installed both of them (and I have Woohoo Teens) and it's quite strange. I have an adult male in love with a teen female. Neither of them have any wants about the other one but the adult male has a fear of being rejected for a kiss by the teenager. She doesn't have any fears about him.

What could I have done wrong to make it work like this?

Very often the romantic actions need to be initiated. As syberspunk had written, try a date. Or, if they both want to talk / play, do several flirts and hugs first, then fulfill the wish for talk / play. This usually kicks off the romantic wants

Also note that the character of your sims must be taken into account. More serious / less playful and less outgoing sims don't get romantic wants as often as the playful and outgoings ones (not talking about the "Romantic" aspiration here, but of all the others). I often wondered why my sims didn't even want to kiss each other until I threw in more playful and outgoing ones. Since then, romantic grew in my neighborhood

Hope this helps a bit.
Test Subject
#32 Old 31st Jul 2006 at 9:26 PM
CtfG-No, I didnt install any other families, houses, or hacks at the same time. Could you tell me what the problem is? Im not sure where it is or how I can fix it...
Field Researcher
#33 Old 1st Aug 2006 at 10:33 AM
@Steakfries:

Need to get a bit technically now... The wants tree is organized in affected groups: a) toddlers, kids, teen, adults and so on, b) lazy/active or neat/mean, and c) the aspirations like Romance, Family, Wealth etc. Wants like "WooHoo" are, when you look at the original Maxis' setup, only valid for young adults, adults and elders, whereas a want like "Learn to study" or "Get an A+" applies to kids and teens. There are other parameters which also affect a want, but they are unimportant for your problem.

Now, what syberspunk did was including the group "Teen" into certain wants (very simply spoken; the other paramaters needed to be adjusted also a bit). I had a look at the wants s/he modified, and I am sure that s/he did not modifiy the group "Children". So from this point, your sim-kids wanting to tell dirty jokes, must have some other cause.

Behaviours like these most often result in a conflict of GUID's (which are Maxis' unique identifiers for everything in the game, be it a chair, a couch, a car, a career, a want or whatever). When you install a hack, this hack usually overwrites the standard GUID of Maxis and thus implements a new behaviour. This way, teens can have woohoo among each other or with adults / elders, but it is also responsible for things like kids telling dirty jokes, revolving chairs, floating carpets and so on. You surely get the point

Hacks come usually in a file with the ending ".,package". To install the hack into your game, you simply move the package-file into your folder "My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads". BUT - and that was the original reason for my question about other downloads - you might also catch a hack without knowing it. If I, for instance, would upload a house, it would automatically have the cheath "boolProp TestingCheatsEnabled true" in it, since I usually play with it. The house would also be a No-aging-house, and Free Will would be turned off. All these parameters are stored on the lot, and when I upload the lot, the parametes come as a free gift, so to speak.

The same way installed hacks are stored and distributed. You download a house and think you just get the lot and the family, but in the background you might also get a hacked object in the house you don't want and which you sometimes don't even see or notice. This is why MTS2 asks everyone who uploads lots to check them with Clean Install and to make sure no hack and no custom object is included. Because these unwanted objects and hacks can literally ruin your game if they conflict with other hacks. Or they just make your game uncontrollable because you see new problems and have no idea where they might result from.

Gosh, this is gotten longer than I intended it Sorry for this. I suggest you download the programs "Clean Installer" and "Hack Conflict Detection Utility" and check all your downloads. Include the directory "SavedSims" when you search for conflicts. Whenever one of these programs shows something unusal, remove the appropriate file to a safe place, maybe a folder named "Suspect" on your desktop. This usually fixes any unwanted hacks.

Good luck with it!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#34 Old 6th Aug 2006 at 9:29 AM
Thanks CtfG for your wonderful, informative, and helpful responses. I've been busy recently and haven't had time to check up on my threads here. So I really appreciate your helping others.

One thing about these mods (and all of my mods actually) is that I do include a warning that you should always backup your data before installing new mods. I usually always do this myself just in case something goes wrong. Most mods usually won't cause any major problems, but you never know if something might accidentally get corrupted or what not. So it wouldn't hurt to back things up just in case something does go wrong, you can always replace your files with the backup.

@Steakfries: I also noticed that you only seem to have the Original game? At least that's what listed in your profile. I haven't gotten a lot of feedback yet, but thus far, it appears that many of the people who are having problems do not have all EPs. I don't know if the problem is because I am using the WantTrees file from OFB/FFS, but that could be the case. So... unfortunately, if you want to use this hack, you probably will need OFB at least, or FFS.

Unless other people come forth and report that these hacks work fine for them without OFB/FFS, I cannot guarantee that they will work for you. That could be the reason for your crashing and wants getting screwed up for children. Hopefully you at least made a backup of your original WantTreee file. Worst case scenario, you should be able to copy it off from the original CD. Hopefully that will fix your problem. In addition to that, you should also scan your game for conflicts just as CtfG recommended.

As far as I can tell... the teenenabledadultwants hack should be ok for other EPs. But I think the mod to the core file WantTree might cause problems for people who do not have OFB/FFS. Unfortunately, I currently do not have plans to make any backwards compatible files.

As for the car woohoo... I haven't seen that show up myself. But I don't even remember if there is a separate woohoo want for that. I haven't seen that show up for adults. When I find the time, I might go back and try and sort things out, to see if I can get Car related Woohoo wants to show up.

As for the whirlpool... do you mean Hot Tub? I have seen teen sims in my game get wants to woohoo in the hot tub. A lot of the wants I've seen, however, tend to be generic wants rather than sim specific. Again, that is something that I will have to look at when I have the time.

Ste
Field Researcher
#35 Old 11th Aug 2006 at 7:50 AM
@syberspunk:
Quote:
As for the car woohoo... I haven't seen that show up myself. But I don't even remember if there is a separate woohoo want for that. I haven't seen that show up for adults. When I find the time, I might go back and try and sort things out, to see if I can get Car related Woohoo wants to show up.

As for the whirlpool... do you mean Hot Tub? I have seen teen sims in my game get wants to woohoo in the hot tub. A lot of the wants I've seen, however, tend to be generic wants rather than sim specific. Again, that is something that I will have to look at when I have the time.

Nevermind that. Hot Tub works; it was just a matter of my sim's "Niceness" factor which was too low. I guess even the zodiac signs play a matter in these want combinations / want flow. The want "Woohoo in car" usually pops up with young adults or adults dating each other, but since I start a date only when STR is 80+ and LTR is at least 35+, it may be connected to these number, too. But as I said: It's nice to have, but nothing critical

As for the help: You're welcome I don't have too much time learning SimAntics since I'm deeply involved in the programming of a Persistent World for the game "Neverwinter Nights", which takes up most of my spare time. I play TS2 only for recreation and very rarely lately, so I'm not as much of a help in these matters as I would like to be. But what I know I'm glad to share. Before I found your mod, I had already modified the wants tree, but only for Family sims, since I couldn't stand their everlasting wants for making friends. Therefore I know a bit about the wants tree, but - again - not as much as I probably need. So don't hurry in updating your mod. It's perfect the way it is.

Keep it up!

CtfG
Test Subject
#36 Old 15th Aug 2006 at 9:03 PM
uum, for these hacks to work, i need the EP's you mentioned? if so, is there any version were you don't need any EP's
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#37 Old 15th Aug 2006 at 11:21 PM
Currently, no. And I don't have plans as of yet to attempt to make compatible versions.

The Teen Enabled Adult Wants probably works with older versions of the game. That should allow romantic wants like kissing, hugging, etc. to roll up between teen/adult couples.

However, the Teen Enabled Woohoo Wants, which lets woohoo wants roll up for teens, do not seem to work if you do not have OFB/FFS.

Ste
Test Subject
#38 Old 5th Sep 2006 at 8:24 AM
So, if i were to install the new sims 2 pets ep coming out later, i would just have to copy my ORIGINAL WANTS FOLDER into the FOLDER that has the woohoo wants?

And after the installation is complete, i would just have to put the woohoo wants back into it?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#39 Old 7th Sep 2006 at 7:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by xssharon
So, if i were to install the new sims 2 pets ep coming out later, i would just have to copy my ORIGINAL WANTS FOLDER into the FOLDER that has the woohoo wants?

And after the installation is complete, i would just have to put the woohoo wants back into it?

Yes... however, when upgrading to a new EP I would recommend that you NOT use the teen woohoo wants hack. Because the wants tree will most likely have completely new wants that are specific to the new EP. Which obviously will not exist in the hack yet. If you try to use the hack with the new EP, you will most likely run into problems. So you will have to be patient and wait for an actual update that is specifically compatible with the new EP.

Ste
Test Subject
#40 Old 18th Sep 2006 at 6:53 AM
wil this hack work with glamour stuff pack?
Test Subject
#41 Old 23rd Sep 2006 at 11:21 PM
I'm having a problem with it. Also, my Sims2 folder didn't have a Downloads folder so I had to make one myself and put everything in there. But this always happens.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...o121590/mod.jpg

Even if I enable them nothing happens between my teenager and adult. =/ They even have 100. It's just friendly hugs, jokes and talking.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#42 Old 25th Sep 2006 at 10:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lovints2
wil this hack work with glamour stuff pack?

I have yet to determine whether the woohoo wants hack is compatible with GLS. I recently installed GLS finally, and will have to test it out for a while to see what happens.

Quote: Originally posted by Ditto
I'm having a problem with it. Also, my Sims2 folder didn't have a Downloads folder so I had to make one myself and put everything in there. But this always happens.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...o121590/mod.jpg

Even if I enable them nothing happens between my teenager and adult. =/ They even have 100. It's just friendly hugs, jokes and talking.

First, It appears that you only have the base game. So FYI, it is quite possible that the woohoo wants portion of this hack might not work in your game, and may in fact cause major problems. Use at your own risk. Remember to back up your data and such.

Second, you have the InTeenimater AND Woohoo Teens, which is a BIG NO NO. You are supposed to use only one or the other, NOT BOTH.

Third, you have two versions of the teeneabledadultwants. You are also only supposed to choose one.

Looking at the code... I see no reason why it theoretically shouldn't work with the base game. Do you even have any teens and adults that are in love with each other? Try testing it with family or romance sims, who are more likely to roll up flirting and love related wants. Also try playing with debug mode on and report back if you get any errors. Attach an error log if you can.

Ste
Test Subject
#43 Old 26th Sep 2006 at 5:24 AM
First, It appears that you only have the base game. So FYI, it is quite possible that the woohoo wants portion of this hack might not work in your game, and may in fact cause major problems. Use at your own risk. Remember to back up your data and such.

I already backed up my data and whatnot so no worries about that.

Second, you have the InTeenimater AND Woohoo Teens, which is a BIG NO NO. You are supposed to use only one or the other, NOT BOTH.

Ah, sorry about that, I didn't know. I deleted InTeenimater.

Third, you have two versions of the teeneabledadultwants. You are also only supposed to choose one.

Thanks for the fyi.

[QUOTE=syberspunk]Looking at the code... I see no reason why it theoretically shouldn't work with the base game. Do you even have any teens and adults that are in love with each other? Try testing it with family or romance sims, who are more likely to roll up flirting and love related wants. Also try playing with debug mode on and report back if you get any errors. Attach an error log if you can.[QUOTE]

Well, I did all that you said and it works now! Thank you very much for the help, I appriciate it.
Test Subject
#44 Old 29th Sep 2006 at 2:52 PM
Question
I would really like this mod to work for my game, so I have a simple question, Does this mod work with the Thai version of the game?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#45 Old 22nd Oct 2006 at 6:08 AM
The Teen Enabled Adult Wants portion of this hack has been updated for Pets.

The Teen Woohoo wants has NOT yet been updated!! DO NOT use the Teen Woohoo wants hack with Pets. An update is planned for sometime in the near future.

Ste
Test Subject
#46 Old 25th Oct 2006 at 2:36 AM
im confused when i got teen woohoo they didnt say where to put it please tell me
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#47 Old 25th Oct 2006 at 3:20 AM Last edited by syberspunk : 25th Oct 2006 at 3:44 AM.
I have uploaded a PETS version of the Teen Enabled Woohoo Wants hack. This version definitely needs testing. Please try it out and report back if you have any problems. I just updated code, but I have not had a chance to test it myself. So please try it out and let me know if it works or not. There wasn't really any new woohoo related wants. If you have PETS, you MUST use the new version.

FYI: Duh... I just realized, you won't really be able to test this until Woohoo Teens or InTeenimater is working with Pets. So I guess we'll all have to be patient. :P

Ste
Test Subject
#48 Old 25th Oct 2006 at 4:01 AM
I'll gladly test this right away once Woohoo Teens is updated. Hopefully that or InTeenimater won't take too long.
Test Subject
#49 Old 28th Oct 2006 at 4:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Motel56
I'm having the same problem as FoxyLady415 did

As are we. (We play just the base game, btw.)

It sounded like FoxyLady415 fixed her "Tell Dirty Joke" log-jam before resorting to her backup.

If so, I'd appreciate hearing the fix.
Test Subject
#50 Old 1st Nov 2006 at 5:23 PM
is it just wants and ur teen sims cant kiss adults and woohoo
Page 2 of 6