Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

VanishingObject Scripts will make your objects invisible!

by Buzzler Posted 11th Jun 2010 at 10:37 PM - Updated 22nd Feb 2015 at 2:33 PM by Buzzler

166 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 147 Feedback Posts, 18 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 7
Theorist
#2 Old 12th Jun 2010 at 12:50 AM
Yay it's nice to see this released!

Hi I'm Paul!
Eminence Grise
#3 Old 12th Jun 2010 at 4:17 AM
Brilliant Buzzler!

Robodl95, don't you mean it's nice to, err, NOT see it? :D
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 12th Jun 2010 at 4:37 AM
This is awesome. Yes, I have some requests. I'd love to be able to make things like chairs, beds, sofas invisible for placing sims for stories. Those are the immediate ones I can think of right now.

Thanks for this!
1978 gallons of pancake batter
Original Poster
#5 Old 12th Jun 2010 at 7:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by studyofme
I'd love to be able to make things like chairs, beds, sofas invisible for placing sims for stories.

Can you be more specific please? There's a lot of chairs, beds and sofas and while it's really little effort to add classes, I still have to do it one by one. Please tell me the specific class names you want to have added.

If gotcha is all you’ve got, then you’ve got nothing. - Paul Krugman
Test Subject
#6 Old 12th Jun 2010 at 8:06 AM
is it possible to add a class that makes sims invisible?
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 12th Jun 2010 at 10:18 AM
Is it possible to add the picnic basket ? I would like to make sims sit on floor ...

french :

-make object invisible = rendre l'objet invisible

-make all vanishable objects invisible = rendre invisible tous les objets pouvant disparaître

-make all vanishable objects visible = rendre visible tous les objets pouvant disparaître
Banned
#8 Old 12th Jun 2010 at 10:30 AM
Someone who has more experience than me in sims 3 mods, mentioned that the code used here can be used to make OMSPs in The Sims 3. I wouldn't know how to do that, but I'm sure our wonderful modders out there will give it a go.
Original Poster
#9 Old 12th Jun 2010 at 11:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Nyuuki
is it possible to add a class that makes sims invisible?
In theory yes. You can't buy sims in buymode though, so <coding mumbo-jumbo>it would be virtually impossible to instantiate any objects of a class that is derived of the sim class</>. I'm pretty sure that I'm perfectly capable to make another mod, that enables the player to set the opacity of sims. I don't really see the point, though and I usually only make stuff I find useful myself.

Quote: Originally posted by babboo
Is it possible to add the picnic basket ? I would like to make sims sit on floor ...
Possible, yes. The result might not be satisfying, though. The picnic basket itself generates other objects when it's used, such as the blanket and the clutter on the blanket. These would remain visible.

Quote:
french :{...}
Could you download the VanishingStrings text file from this thread and translate it right in there? There's a section about translations, too. That would be great.

Quote: Originally posted by joninmobile
Someone who has more experience than me in sims 3 mods, mentioned that the code used here can be used to make OMSPs in The Sims 3.
That's the initial purpose, yes. Don't expect anything from me, though. I'm not a mesher, so this stuff about slots and height and footprint is just mumbo-jumbo to me. I think orangemittens is planning to release OMSPs.

Lab Assistant
#10 Old 12th Jun 2010 at 12:31 PM
Great mod!
Would it be possible to add an island counter and the consignement cash register?
Thank you.

To reach the unreachable star.

Wilde Legacy

Test Subject
#11 Old 12th Jun 2010 at 2:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Buzzler
In theory yes. You can't buy sims in buymode though, so <coding mumbo-jumbo>it would be virtually impossible to instantiate any objects of a class that is derived of the sim class</>. I'm pretty sure that I'm perfectly capable to make another mod, that enables the player to set the opacity of sims. I don't really see the point, though and I usually only make stuff I find useful myself.

thank you for clearing that up.
as for its purpose, it would be quite useful when it comes to taking pictures and making video's with your sims.
thank you for confirming that it is indeed possible, it'll make my searching a whole lot easier! ^_^
Scholar
#12 Old 12th Jun 2010 at 2:37 PM
Very cool mod.
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 12th Jun 2010 at 4:02 PM Last edited by studyofme : 12th Jun 2010 at 6:02 PM.
Can you be more specific please? There's a lot of chairs, beds and sofas and while it's really little effort to add classes, I still have to do it one by one. Please tell me the specific class names you want to have added.

I don't know where to find the class names. Can I give you the object names? Will that help? These should all be base game objects if I'm remembering right.

Small Brass Bed
Exquisite Bistro Chair by Boureois Creations
The Prim and Proper
Contempto Outdoor Living Lounge
Sturdy Stool

Thank you for taking the time to do this.

Babboo, to make a sim sit on the floor, use the picnic basket as normal, then turn on move objects, go into buy mode, and move the sims. They'll sit on the floor and they'll continue to chat, plus they turn their heads towards each other.

Nyuuki, I think the ChaosMod Painting already can set sims to a different opacity including invisible. That in combination with this mod can make some really cool story pictures!
Test Subject
#14 Old 12th Jun 2010 at 4:30 PM
Nyuuki, I think the ChaosMod Painting already can set sims to a different opacity including invisible. That in combination with this mod can make some really cool story pictures!
yea, I noticed that too, even though I'm not sure about the full invisibility part. too bad it's not updated for AMB yet, though.
thank you for your help!
Alchemist
#15 Old 12th Jun 2010 at 5:37 PM
Thanks for posting this B! If you get the chance could you add this one?

Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.Tables.Mimics.TableCoffeeClub1x1

I would really appreciate it
Original Poster
#16 Old 12th Jun 2010 at 7:30 PM
Ok people, I made a little mod that adds an interaction (2BTech->Show Class Name) to all game objects and tells you the actual class name. Please use it.

BTW: You guys are all well aware that this mod doesn't change the objects that are already in the game, right? It is absolutely possible to make a mod, that makes all objects invisible, but I considered it to be too intrusive. Also the convenient reappearing in buymode wouldn't work for such a mod. Beside a couple of other potential concernities ... like making the .NET garbage collector cry.

Quote: Originally posted by ll
Would it be possible to add an island counter and the consignement cash register?
I have only the base game right now, so it's difficult for me to find out the class name of the consignement cash register. I found something in the code, but I'm not sure it's the right one. Please use the package linked below and tell me the actual class name.

Counters as all modular objects are a bit more difficult. They already implement something I need to use to make the objects reappear in buymode, making it impossible for me to implement it anymore. I could make it, that other vanishing objects (on the lot) "look" for vanishing modular objects and call their GetVisible/GetInvisible methods. I'll look into it.

I don't know where to find the class names. Can I give you the object names? Will that help?
Found them using my little ShowClass mod, so you don't need to check it yourself this time.

Quote: Originally posted by orangemittens
Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.Tables.Mimics.TableCoffeeClub1x1
See people, that's what I'm talking about!
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Buzz_ShowClass.zip (3.3 KB, 57 downloads)

Lab Assistant
#17 Old 12th Jun 2010 at 8:46 PM
Could you download the VanishingStrings text file from this thread and translate it right in there? There's a section about translations, too. That would be great.

done

Babboo, to make a sim sit on the floor, use the picnic basket as normal, then turn on move objects, go into buy mode, and move the sims. They'll sit on the floor and they'll continue to chat, plus they turn their heads towards each other.

Ok Thanks
Instructor
#18 Old 12th Jun 2010 at 9:08 PM
I'd love to be able to make things like chairs, beds, sofas invisible for placing sims for stories.

Buzzler, You could add an interaction to all objects that inherit from: GameObject or use IGameObject.

I had been working on a dynamic mod that will allow interactions to be added to all objects or objects of certain classes.

You can download these and check them out
CoreObjectScript (Contains classes to add interactions to objects at run-time)
GlobalModPackager (will package a tuning xml into the package containing your interactions, needed to have them loaded at run-time)

P.S.
I will try adding these into my subversion repository, if they have not already been added, so people can get the latest/development versions.

I can also supply you with detailed instructions on how to use them -- so that all objects will can have your 'Make invisible', etc interactions. -- Send me a PM if your are interested

Edit: SVN Repository location (Entire repository) -
ViewVC SVN Repository Listing
Flat-Directory Style SVN Repo Listing

All TS2 Downloads Link
All TS3 Downloads: Link
All Other downloads: Link
Skyrim SKSE 1.6.x gamepad key support: Link
Original Poster
#19 Old 12th Jun 2010 at 9:13 PM Last edited by Buzzler : 12th Jun 2010 at 9:37 PM.
I've added everything except the consignement cash register. When somebody tells me the class name of that one, I'll add it too.

For those of you, who just want invisible versions of non-modded ingame objects: Just get S3OC and make a clone yourself and then change the script class as explained in the modders instructions. It's really not that difficult. If you have any problems making your own vanishable object, feel free to post questions in the Testing Thread.

Quote: Originally posted by babboo
done
Thanks. I'll add it in the next update. BTW: I've changed the code for the picnic basket so the blanket becomes invisible too.

ETA:
Quote: Originally posted by Digitalchaos
Buzzler, You could add an interaction to all objects that inherit from: GameObject or use IGameObject.
I know that. This is really not about my capability to add interactions but about my wish to do so. Simply adding invisibility interactions to every GameObject might sound convenient at first, but I would have to save the reference of every object that was made invisible. The big issue I'm seeing comes up when the user deletes the mod and these references are lost. There might be lots of invisible and inaccessible objects around and I see no way to distinguish the objects that were made invisible by EAxian code and the objects that were made invisible by my code. The way I'm doing it now is less convenient but a lot safer.

What you're doing sounds interesting, though.

Field Researcher
#20 Old 12th Jun 2010 at 10:26 PM
This is cool, but...what could you use this for? I don't mean to sound rude, but I can't think of a way to use this.
Instructor
#21 Old 13th Jun 2010 at 3:39 AM
Buzzler: You could set it up so that only 'vanishable objects' are targeted (i.e. you target an object of specific class, like say a stereo, etc)

Moreover, when that mod is removed (the one that would target all of the above objects) the interaction would no longer be available.

Also, you could run a state check to determine if the object should never be invisible (in the case the mod is removed) and automatically reset the object.

P.S. I have already created Global Interactions Mods, that I can either target all objects/all stereos/all tvs/or all objects inheriting from a custom class -- it is also possible to target just a single object.

Oh well, just me 2cents -- if you change you mind let me know.
Oh

All TS2 Downloads Link
All TS3 Downloads: Link
All Other downloads: Link
Skyrim SKSE 1.6.x gamepad key support: Link
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 13th Jun 2010 at 8:15 AM
Thank you Buzzler you rock !
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 13th Jun 2010 at 10:54 AM Last edited by studyofme : 20th Nov 2010 at 6:39 AM.
Default Thank you!
Thank you very much. Sorry to be such trouble. I think it was way too early for me to be posting because I didn't understand right away, but I get it now.

So I have some cloned objects in case anyone wants them. I made all of the items I originally requested- so a chair, a sofa, a lounge chair, a bed, and a barstool. Each should have their own thumbnail, and new names and descriptions to make them easy to find.

Quote: Originally posted by Six_by_Nine
This is cool, but...what could you use this for? I don't mean to sound rude, but I can't think of a way to use this.

I would assume as OSMPs in regular game play. It's handy for story telling though. See attached pics.
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Invisible Furniture FIXED.rar (1.35 MB, 53 downloads)
Description: Contains vanishing bed, stool, chair, lounge, and sofa fixed for Late Night
Original Poster
#24 Old 13th Jun 2010 at 11:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Six_by_Nine
Well, you don't have to. The main purpose of this mod is to act as something like a script database for OMSPs. Give it a bit more time and then there will be OMSPs to download.

Also I've learned that there are people who play in fantasy-themed or medieval-themed 'hoods and still want to use things like the smoke detector or the alarm system. With this mod they can easily make clones of such objects that are fully functional but are invisble in live mode. That way, these objects won't disturb the visual appearance.

And studyofme just found another use.

Quote: Originally posted by Digitalchaos
Moreover, when that mod is removed (the one that would target all of the above objects) the interaction would no longer be available.
Judging from my tests the opacity of objects is persistable. So if I make just any object invisible and then remove the mod, the object will stay invisible and inaccessible for the player. With the interface I give the derived classes, it's still certain without a doubt which objects are "vanishable". So if I put the vanishing scripts back in, everything will be all right again.

Sorry to be such trouble.
It's all right, no trouble at all. The explanation what this could possibly be more clear, but I'm not sure how.

Lab Assistant
#25 Old 13th Jun 2010 at 10:12 PM
Here's the class names for the registers in the game (I've added all of them in case someone doesn't have ambitions or wants a particular one).

RegisterBooks:
Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.Register.BookStoreRegister

RegisterConsignment:
Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.Register.ConsignmentRegister

RegisterFood:
Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.Register.FoodStoreRegister

RegisterGeneral:
Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.Register.GeneralStoreRegister

RegisterNectary:
Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.Register.NectarRegister

RegisterRelics:
Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.Register.RelicStoreRegister