Replies: 836 (Who?), Viewed: 83297 times.
Page 11 of 34
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
#251 Old 15th Jun 2015 at 9:15 PM
backup your registry before editing it.

And, if you have a second computer, then, you don't have to do this.

Anyway, I added some more lots. That should be enough.

Catalogue of Custom Neighborhoods for TS2
All Hood Building Group neighborhoods are available here
Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr
Mad Poster
#252 Old 15th Jun 2015 at 9:47 PM Last edited by M.M.A.A. : 16th Jun 2015 at 4:02 PM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jawusa
Anyway, I added some more lots. That should be enough.

Wow! The neighborhood is still growing! :O Awesome!

ETA: I've finished building the Swimming pool lot (I think it needs a few benches or one of those outdoor loveseats. )and the boutique. I've uploaded pics below, so let me know what y'all think!

Also, a new version of the neighborhood has been uploaded.

ETA2: I was thinking, instead of having the two "Creepy old houses" on opposite sides of the street, why don't we keep them adjacent to each other on the same side of the street? Specifically on Jawusa's lot's side. It just seems crowded on HL's side, unless that is intended? (If so, then there's no need to move anything around.)
Screenshots
Trainee Moderator
#253 Old 17th Jun 2015 at 5:12 PM Last edited by Jawusa : 17th Jun 2015 at 8:29 PM.
Both of the lots are beautiful. I love the boutique.

As for the two creepy houses, I placed them opposite each other, because the game didn't allow me to place HL's lot next to mine. But maybe, it will work if we remove some neighborhood decorations there.
I don't see anything wrong, actually. Those two houses are intended to be in the downtown area of Emerald Heights.

ETA: I did the junkyard lot. Basically, if you can't afford new objects, you can go to the junkyard and pick the object you want and go home. In the suburb version, someone has to own that lot and sell everything for §0.
Screenshots

Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr
Mad Poster
#254 Old 17th Jun 2015 at 10:12 PM
May I suggest one of those wood-burning stoves sitting out in the junkyard? It'll look natural and stand in for a trash bin full of burning junk.

At the swimming pool, are those palm trees growing out of concrete? They don't do that, you know...

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#255 Old 17th Jun 2015 at 11:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peni Griffin

At the swimming pool, are those palm trees growing out of concrete? They don't do that, you know...

Lol! No. That's actually sand. I was trying to imitate a beach(-like) environment within the center of the city.
Trainee Moderator
#256 Old 18th Jun 2015 at 12:02 PM
Quote:
May I suggest one of those wood-burning stoves sitting out in the junkyard? It'll look natural and stand in for a trash bin full of burning junk.

Thank you! I've just added the wood-burning stove.

It's "fixed" in the newest version of the neighborhood I've just uploaded.

My Simblr
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#257 Old 18th Jun 2015 at 10:41 PM
Instructor
#258 Old 21st Jun 2015 at 4:46 PM
Hey, just wanted to let you guys know I'm still around and working on my families. I was finishing up a brutal online class this last week, but now I'm more available

@M.M.A.A: Ooh, I love your lots!!
Field Researcher
#259 Old 22nd Jun 2015 at 2:37 AM
Just wanted to update you on the diner. I'm about halfway finished. Is the lot ok as a small sized lot? Just wanted to make sure
Mad Poster
#260 Old 22nd Jun 2015 at 9:10 AM
I would like to change one thing about my family (2 parents, 2 kids). I wasn't sure about their surname, and I've just found the perfect one for them. Please can they be changed from the Eathorpe family to the DeShong family? I just came across it, and I love the sound, the meaning fits (young) and geographically it's much better too.

I have been playing with the mall but I didn't finish anything.

Livejournal: simsfreq.livejournal.com
Tumblr: simsfreq.tumblr.com

Co sleeper for babies/toddlers, and teen career overhaul (also custom schools) Plus! TS2:UNI careers enabled for teens: Here at simbology
Trainee Moderator
#261 Old 22nd Jun 2015 at 12:43 PM
@tcbandie10
I don't think it's a problem. We placed big lots with the gravel terrain paint, just to give the neighborhood a concrete urban look. So, I don't think it will change much.

@simsfreq
OK, don't worry about that. We'll name them DeShong when adding the sims into the neighborhood.

My Simblr
Field Researcher
#262 Old 24th Jun 2015 at 1:17 AM Last edited by tcbandie10 : 24th Jun 2015 at 2:10 AM.
Ok. So I ended up losing my diner that I was halfway finished with somehow....this time I guess ill download the neighborhood file. Another stupid question lol, but do I just need to download lot 22 into the downloads folder or the whole hood? And if I put it in my regular downloads folder, will it show up in my AGS base game? If you cant tell I can be technologically challenged sometimes Oh and if 72 isn't taken, I would like to take a stab at it Sorry it is taking me so long. Trying to get into the swing of my new job.
Mad Poster
#263 Old 24th Jun 2015 at 2:45 AM
You'll need to place the unzipped neighborhood folder into the Neighborhoods folder in the appropriate AGS game. AGS only references the folders inside its own filepath - none of your normal downloads, neighborhoods, etc. will be available.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Field Researcher
#264 Old 24th Jun 2015 at 3:25 AM
Quote:
You'll need to place the unzipped neighborhood folder into the Neighborhoods folder in the appropriate AGS game. AGS only references the folders inside its own filepath - none of your normal downloads, neighborhoods, etc. will be available.

Ah I see! And let me know if 72 is still up for grabs if not I'll make another choice.
Trainee Moderator
#265 Old 24th Jun 2015 at 4:42 PM
#72 is a free number, so you can build on that lot. I'll add you to the list.

My Simblr
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#266 Old 27th Jun 2015 at 6:12 PM
Attached is the cemetary and 2 Emerald Hill.
Screenshots
Download - please read all instructions before downloading any files!
File Type: 7z Cemetary.7z (587.3 KB, 25 downloads) - View custom content
File Type: 7z 2 Emerald Hills Lane.7z (775.7 KB, 29 downloads) - View custom content
Mad Poster
#267 Old 27th Jun 2015 at 6:21 PM
@HugeLunatic they look great for just base game lots.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Trainee Moderator
#268 Old 27th Jun 2015 at 6:43 PM
It looks beautiful! Great job!

My Simblr
Mad Poster
#269 Old 1st Jul 2015 at 11:08 PM
I think I wanna give lots 3 and 5 a try, see what I can come up with. :/
Trainee Moderator
#270 Old 2nd Jul 2015 at 12:12 PM Last edited by Jawusa : 2nd Jul 2015 at 6:18 PM.
OK. I want to build some more lots as well... I'll choose number 16 and 69.

ETA: Lot #69 is finished.
Screenshots
Download - please read all instructions before downloading any files!
File Type: rar Industrial (Apartment).rar (918.7 KB, 17 downloads) - View custom content

My Simblr
Mad Poster
#271 Old 2nd Jul 2015 at 9:07 PM Last edited by M.M.A.A. : 2nd Jul 2015 at 9:18 PM.
Oooh! Very nice looking! Suits the whole Industrial grungy theme. I'll add it to the new version of the neighborhood that I will upload ASAP. Great work!

As for my progress:

Lot 3:

5 BDR, 3.5 BTH, etc...

Lot 5 (Duplex):

2 BDR, 1.5 BTH, etc...

Let me know what you think!

Before I wrap things for this version: I have an idea for lots 6 through 10. I'm thinking, if no one is planning on using them, that I'd basically turn it into rows of townhouses, using the same structure from lot 5, but with different paint/wall coverings for each house. What do you guys think? It would certainly save us time, but I don't wanna hog them!
Screenshots
Trainee Moderator
#272 Old 2nd Jul 2015 at 9:24 PM
Both of the lots look great!

Row houses are a bit medieval-ish but if you manage to do that in a modern way, then I do it.

My Simblr
Mad Poster
#273 Old 2nd Jul 2015 at 9:30 PM
Quote:
Both of the lots look great!

Row houses are a bit medieval-ish but if you manage to do that in a modern way, then I do it.

Thanks!

As for the row houses, I tried to use masonry, cause that's what they use for townhouses in cities (at least from what I've seen), but with the limited options in the BG, what you're seeing in the pic is the closest thing to what they look like in some cities. :P

I'll try to modify the exterior of the walls and will send you several pictures. I'll probably remove the gables with wood struts, I think it would look more modern without them. Plain is probably better.

And instead of the same house for all the other 5 lots, I think it would be better if I build another townhouse duplex for the other row, to create some variety. I'll try to make it as modern as possible.

ETA: I also added your lot (lot 69) and HL's lots to the neighborhood, will upload everything later all at once.
Trainee Moderator
#274 Old 2nd Jul 2015 at 10:08 PM
There's a wallpaper in the 'Stones' section (the grey white one) That looks like masonry.

Anyway, even if it looks old (or modern). We will still add it to the neighborhood. I also made a row house, actually (Industrial Apartments)

My Simblr
Mad Poster
DELETED POST
2nd Jul 2015 at 10:24 PM Last edited by M.M.A.A. : 2nd Jul 2015 at 11:02 PM.
This message has been deleted by M.M.A.A.. Reason: Not needed.
Mad Poster
#275 Old 3rd Jul 2015 at 12:04 AM Last edited by M.M.A.A. : 3rd Jul 2015 at 12:15 AM.
Quote:
There's a wallpaper in the 'Stones' section (the grey white one) That looks like masonry.

Anyway, even if it looks old (or modern). We will still add it to the neighborhood. I also made a row house, actually (Industrial Apartments)

Yeah, I already used that in one of them.

And about the style, I decided to build 2 more different lots, since I realized that lot 8 is already taken, so I'll just stick with lots 5-7.

I've uploaded some pictures. I tried to make them as much modern-looking as possible.

All contain the same no. of bedrooms and bathrooms; 2 BDR, 1.5 BTH, etc... Let me know what you think!

ETA: New version of the neighborhood has been uploaded.
Screenshots
Page 11 of 34