Replies: 836 (Who?), Viewed: 83311 times.
Page 12 of 34
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
#276 Old 3rd Jul 2015 at 12:28 AM
All of the houses look great! I love your unique modern architecture! Especially the one with the odd roofs; it looks like a bat a bit, which is good.

Catalogue of Custom Neighborhoods for TS2
All Hood Building Group neighborhoods are available here
Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr
Mad Poster
#277 Old 3rd Jul 2015 at 1:11 AM Last edited by M.M.A.A. : 3rd Jul 2015 at 2:00 AM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jawusa
All of the houses look great! I love your unique modern architecture! Especially the one with the odd roofs; it looks like a bat a bit, which is good.

Ah! Thanks! It's actually supposed to be a 'butterfly roof' (at least that's what they call it :google: ) but I don't think it went so well (roof incline wasn't really helpful).

ETA: Just as a reminder: You all are free to move your families/households into my buildings/houses. Make sure you keep the number of households in one apartment building up to 4 households, this will make things easier when someone wants to convert the BG apartment building to an actual AL apartment building.
Lab Assistant
#278 Old 4th Jul 2015 at 9:19 AM Last edited by abrtx : 4th Jul 2015 at 9:32 AM.
i'm interested in 58 internet cafe

edit: and maybe another community lot after
Trainee Moderator
#279 Old 4th Jul 2015 at 1:10 PM
As I see you have problems with AGS...

Try ruinning the AnyGame1 shortcut as admin. Maybe it will work then.

Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr
Mad Poster
#280 Old 5th Jul 2015 at 8:03 PM Last edited by M.M.A.A. : 5th Jul 2015 at 8:53 PM.
I was playing around in the neighborhood, building lots here and there just to see if they any turn out well or not, a lot of them didn't (I just gave up actually :P), but the only one that did was the Arcade, so it's done for now. I hope no one minds me taking it. (It's not reserved, so I'll just upload my lot then. :D)

I've uploaded a picture and the lot itself. It's supposed to resemble a castle/fortress, cause that's what video games remind me of (think Mario :P).

Let me know what you think!
Screenshots
Download - please read all instructions before downloading any files!
File Type: zip Arcade Games.zip (1.07 MB, 5 downloads) - View custom content
Mad Poster
#281 Old 5th Jul 2015 at 8:27 PM
Looks great.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Lab Assistant
#282 Old 6th Jul 2015 at 6:02 AM Last edited by abrtx : 7th Jul 2015 at 2:33 AM.
mark 46 hospital and 67 criminal hideout/ warehouse for me

here's 58
"sip on highbrow brew while doing lowbrow browsing, at a lowkey neighborhood internet cafe."
Screenshots
File Type: zip Internet Cafe_2.zip (1.07 MB, 5 downloads) - View custom content
Trainee Moderator
#283 Old 6th Jul 2015 at 12:30 PM
@abrtx Your lot that you have uploaded requires your EPs.

We can't import any lots that are made in an EP game. So, we will have to rebuild your lot first. Could you upload pictures of each story/floor in bird view perspective?
Then, it will be easier for us to rebuild your lot.

My Simblr
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#284 Old 6th Jul 2015 at 2:44 PM
Field Researcher
#285 Old 6th Jul 2015 at 3:38 PM
Jawusa has been extremely helpful with my AGS problems, but said I should post it in here for additional help. I ran the program as an admin, made an empty base game. Tried to run it as an admin, but it kept telling me I have the wrong disc. I am using the Ikea CD. If anyone else has additional suggestions let me know. I'll get my computer back this week. Microsoft updates screwed it up 😣
Mad Poster
#286 Old 6th Jul 2015 at 3:45 PM
You must use the disk that has you Base Game on it, if you have one of the muti pack Base Game like Double Deluxe then that is the disk that needs to be in.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Mad Poster
#287 Old 6th Jul 2015 at 3:48 PM
What I have to do, since my base game is on a compilation disk, is have my latest disk in one drive, and my compilation disk in another.

If you're using a compilation disk, and only have one disk drive, I don't think it's possible to use AGS.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator DELETED POST
6th Jul 2015 at 4:22 PM
This message has been deleted by Jawusa.
Lab Assistant
#288 Old 7th Jul 2015 at 2:25 AM Last edited by abrtx : 7th Jul 2015 at 3:02 AM.
Quote:
@abrtx Your lot that you have uploaded requires your EPs.
We can't import any lots that are made in an EP game. So, we will have to rebuild your lot first. Could you upload pictures of each story/floor in bird view perspective?
Then, it will be easier for us to rebuild your lot.

wait, you mean everything i upload still won't work in basegame even after getting rid on EP stuff? (i just went back and got rid of stage roofing and walls + flooring that were NL and replaced the zipped lot)

edit : included more interior views and birdseye

Quote:
Originally Posted by marka93
You must use the disk that has you Base Game on it, if you have one of the muti pack Base Game like Double Deluxe then that is the disk that needs to be in.

i have DD and the disc in and still can't run AGS/ BGS
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
#289 Old 7th Jul 2015 at 3:32 PM
Grocery Store
Screenshots
File Type: 7z Grocery Store.7z (393.1 KB, 7 downloads) - View custom content
Mad Poster
#290 Old 7th Jul 2015 at 4:44 PM
I have an idea for a community lot that's currently not listed: Stadium.

We could just build something that resembles it, and players can add either the soccer goal net or the basketball hoops with FT. We can probably build it on a 5x5 lot, in the clearing near the satellites, near lots 62 or even 64.

What do you guys think? We'd list it as lot 73.
Mad Poster
#291 Old 7th Jul 2015 at 7:00 PM
Shouldn't that grocery store have signage?

Personally I'd rather all the lots be actually usable as is, but there's some merit in having neighborhood deco lots.

(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Trainee Moderator
#292 Old 7th Jul 2015 at 9:21 PM
The hospital lot is probably useless so you could build the stadium there and replace the hospital.

Or rather than creating a second central park, we could also place the stadium there.

My Simblr
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
#293 Old 7th Jul 2015 at 11:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peni Griffin
Shouldn't that grocery store have signage?

It does have the wall grocery sign on the end, is there other base game signage I am missing?

I noticed that there is a graveyard, but no church.
Trainee Moderator
#294 Old 8th Jul 2015 at 12:20 AM
Number 11 can also be a church. We already have a city park.

My Simblr
Field Researcher
#295 Old 8th Jul 2015 at 3:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marka93

Oh so I need to have a Base Game CD in? Since there are 4 CDs that come in the BG, do I use Disc 1 I assume?
Mad Poster
#296 Old 8th Jul 2015 at 4:58 AM
Ah! Okay, I didn't see it. I was expecting it on the front.

Yes, the first BG disc - the one you would have used to run it if that were the only thing you had installed.

Trainee Moderator
#297 Old 8th Jul 2015 at 11:01 PM Last edited by Jawusa : 9th Jul 2015 at 12:59 AM.
I will build another lot for this neighborhood soon. If it's OK, I would like to pick number 12 and 55.

My Simblr
Mad Poster
#298 Old 8th Jul 2015 at 11:47 PM Last edited by M.M.A.A. : 9th Jul 2015 at 12:05 AM.
Quote:
I will build another lot for this neighborhood soon. If it's OK, I would like to pick number 12 and 55.

Yeah sure. I'll update the first post. It's been a while since it's been update.

ETA: Sorry! But lot 55 is actually reserved by/for Emerald Falcon. But lot 12 is all yours.

Oh! And, I have another idea for a community lot: Theater.

It'd basically be something that resembles one, since we don't have the stage tool in the BG. We probably won't need a large lot for it though. What do you guys think? :P
Field Researcher
#299 Old 9th Jul 2015 at 12:42 AM Last edited by tcbandie10 : 9th Jul 2015 at 2:11 AM.
Thank you everyone for your help! I have finally have AGS opening and will be going to build the lots now. Im going to start on the diner lot. Ill just download the neighborhood file and build it into there.

UPDATE: I lied...I decided to start on the Botanical Garden instead. A midbiscus pathway to get to the pond. A nice outdoor recliner to relax in by the pond. A flower path to take over to the greenhouse with tulips inside. A small place to grill. And a nice zen area fit with a sculpture. I guess it kinda helped that I work at a Garden lol. Let me know what you think. I wanted feedback before I uploaded it. Can't think of a name. I wanted it to be named after a founder that turned a barren wasteland lot into a beautiful garden area to remind people what Emerald Heights used to be like? Or something like that :P

Oh and let me know if it is too "parkish", if you know what I mean.
Screenshots
Trainee Moderator
#300 Old 9th Jul 2015 at 11:46 PM
It looks great! You could place some palm trees to give it a tropical/botantic look. Oh, and don't forget to add chess tables. I'd love to play chess there when I were there...

And yes, it should remind the people that Emerald Heights was once green and nice, before it dried out and became a city.

My Simblr
Page 12 of 34