Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Deviant Savant
retired moderator
Original Poster
#201 Old 21st Dec 2007 at 9:26 PM
Puppetfish, that's a possibility... You could have SimPE check for GUID conflicts.. or the alternative is to remove all the downloads. As far as the text being inverted, I wish I had a better answer... sometimes I swear "Flip Image" doesn't pay attention and sometimes I have to redo them. If there's a logic to it, I haven't found it.

d4nny... be sure you're looking under the right base painting, cc is enabled, etc

"I guess I should warn you: If I turn out to be particularly clear, you've probably misunderstood what I said" - Alan Greenspan
Advertisement
Instructor
#202 Old 22nd Dec 2007 at 5:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CynicalChick
Puppetfish, that's a possibility... You could have SimPE check for GUID conflicts.. or the alternative is to remove all the downloads. As far as the text being inverted, I wish I had a better answer... sometimes I swear "Flip Image" doesn't pay attention and sometimes I have to redo them. If there's a logic to it, I haven't found it.

d4nny... be sure you're looking under the right base painting, cc is enabled, etc

what is the right base painting? i had no cc apart from the photot i tryed to make i usally get a screen pop up after starting the sims saying all the cc i got in it but that didnt come up i had moved all my stuff out of my download folder out of the game when i was trying to make this
Deviant Savant
retired moderator
Original Poster
#203 Old 22nd Dec 2007 at 5:24 PM
Well, that depends on which painting you chose when creating the picture.. Let's say you chose Lady on Red. When you select it, you should see the recolor as another choice. And when you moved out the downloads, did you leave the EnableColorOptionsGMND in there?

"I guess I should warn you: If I turn out to be particularly clear, you've probably misunderstood what I said" - Alan Greenspan
Lab Assistant
#204 Old 3rd Jan 2008 at 4:32 PM Last edited by Frangellica : 3rd Jan 2008 at 4:44 PM.
ive downloaded the new sim pe, and i cant open photo studio.. its grayed out. it seems like lots of people are having this problem, mine worked fine before until i downloaded the new one for bon voyage..
The ModFather
retired moderator
#205 Old 4th Jan 2008 at 2:32 AM
Photo Studio requires the CEP in order to work. If you didn't already, install or reinstall it.

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Field Researcher
#206 Old 4th Jan 2008 at 9:50 AM Last edited by MaryLou : 4th Jan 2008 at 9:58 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Frangellica
ive downloaded the new sim pe, and i cant open photo studio.. its grayed out. it seems like lots of people are having this problem, mine worked fine before until i downloaded the new one for bon voyage..

Try to install the plugin go to
http://sims.ambertation.de/en/download/realdownload/
scroll down and in the section "Additional Downloads", you'll find the plugin "SimPE Photostudio Templates".
Simply download it and install as usual. When you'll run SimPE you'll get it to work fine.

If you like my creations, you may consider to make a little donation to support my site and my modding activity.
MaryLou's Sims 2 World - MaryLou Sims 2 Forum (Italiano)
Instructor
#207 Old 4th Jan 2008 at 8:53 PM
I just found out why i wasnt finding it in my game i wasnt lookign at the recolours of the photo i use i just thought it would come up as a diffrent pic not as a recolour

LOL what u gonna do with me?

Also im now uploading it to this site and i would recoment haveing a quick look (its a pic of a S7)
Test Subject
#208 Old 5th Jan 2008 at 7:01 AM
Thanks for the tutorial. Great tutorial.

5 out 4 people have problems with fractions.
Test Subject
#209 Old 11th Jan 2008 at 6:21 AM
First ever re-color!
This is my first attempt at making anything for the game.. it took forever! Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can improve it? Im not quite sure if it looks ok.... im so excited!
Screenshots
Test Subject
#210 Old 20th Jan 2008 at 3:22 AM
wow it's so simple! thank you so much!^^
Test Subject
#211 Old 28th Jan 2008 at 9:17 PM
Thanks so much for this!
As a complete beginner to CC, tutorials like this really help!

Thanks again!
x

Lack of planning on your part, does not constitute as an emergency on my part

Let's agree to respect eachothers views, no matter how wrong yours may be
Lab Assistant
#212 Old 4th Feb 2008 at 7:01 PM
Is there any way one can recolor the frame?

---------------------------------
Playing The Sims 3 - Sims 3 Snapshots & Stories
Deviant Savant
retired moderator
Original Poster
#213 Old 4th Feb 2008 at 7:29 PM
Yes, either of these:

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=102356
http://sims.ambertation.de/wizards1.shtml

Lab Assistant
#214 Old 5th Feb 2008 at 12:16 AM
Thank you, CynicalChick,
I had tried the second link you shared, and it won't let me even recolor any paintings, it says not yet.
The first link I never saw, and I just gave it a quick look and this is what I have been searching for. Thanks so much!!!!

---------------------------------
Playing The Sims 3 - Sims 3 Snapshots & Stories
Test Subject
#215 Old 11th Feb 2008 at 11:52 PM
I don't have simPE. where do you get it?
The ModFather
retired moderator
#216 Old 12th Feb 2008 at 8:16 AM
http://sims.ambertation.de

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

Field Researcher
#217 Old 16th Feb 2008 at 7:37 PM
Alright. I've read this entire thread and my photo studio is still grayed out. I used to be able to use it, before I had BV. Now I have BV, and the newest version of SimPE and today I reinstalled CEP (made sure it's in the downloads folder, and no subfolders), reinstalled the Photo Studio templates, reinstalled DDS Utilities, made sure all my paths were correct and it's still grayed out. I really am stumped now. There's no reason it shouldn't be working now.
Test Subject
#218 Old 10th Mar 2008 at 6:50 AM
NEED Help
My photo Studio is grayed out
Lab Assistant
#219 Old 11th Mar 2008 at 10:46 PM Last edited by suefemme : 12th Mar 2008 at 1:49 AM. Reason: Trying to show a pic of my painting.
Wanted to say
Thank you for your tutorial. I downloaded SimPE and followed your tutorial and now I have made my verry first painting. I used a picture of one of my roses. I'm so happy I tried it. I'll try to attach a pic I took in game so you can see the result.
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#220 Old 12th Mar 2008 at 4:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MaryLou
Try to install the plugin go to
http://sims.ambertation.de/en/download/realdownload/
scroll down and in the section "Additional Downloads", you'll find the plugin "SimPE Photostudio Templates".
Simply download it and install as usual. When you'll run SimPE you'll get it to work fine.

thanks for gettin baack to me, did exactly as you said, i didn't think it would work because when i down loaded it it said i already had that file but i replaced it any and photo studio is still greyed out?! I wonder why i isonl working for some people ive tried redownloading everthing lots of time but nothing works. Can you think of anythin else?
Test Subject
#221 Old 13th Mar 2008 at 12:51 PM
Sorry, read the first page and skipped to the last page, too many to read through. I was wondering how to make your own custom picture, as in so that I don't have to look for the picture frame that I had assigned my picture to from this tutorial. Sometimes it gets really hard to find with all the pictures for sale, but with the star icon it will be much easier to find.
The ModFather
retired moderator
#222 Old 14th Mar 2008 at 9:24 AM
This tutorial is intended to add a new image to an existing painting; if I understand well, you want to create a brand new custom painting, autonomous and separated from all the other existing paintings. To do so, you have to clone a painting, following the general object creation tutorial

Test Subject
#223 Old 15th Mar 2008 at 11:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Frangellica

Frangellica, did u actually UN-install the old version or simply download the new version over the top? This causes problems. You need to completely uninstall any old versions first. Also.... check you settings in Preferences listed under Extra... make sure under System Folders the correct file path is specified for Nvidia. When I downloaded a new version, my puter didn't automatically detect it. I had to specify the file path for Photo Studio to work. Hope this helps!
Test Subject
#224 Old 20th Mar 2008 at 3:26 PM
;_; I tried through till I finally create package. But the pic isn't there, even I select the base template I use. Can anyone help me?
Test Subject
#225 Old 30th Mar 2008 at 2:20 AM
Thanks for the tutorial. Really simple. Is there a way to change the prices on the created content?
Page 9 of 13