Replies: 5738 (Who?), Viewed: 302907 times.
Page 230 of 230
Lab Assistant
#5726 Old 26th Sep 2020 at 4:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HobbesED
It doesn't make me go Grrrr, but at times, I'm thinking "Really?"

If their LT/ST relationship with another Sim is high enough, even Romance Sims will leap into the arms of a Sim who proposes to them and appear to be overjoyed. But then they get a negative memory from it. And once they're engaged and if their relationship stays high, then they're going to accept the marriage proposal but again will get a negative memory from it.

Why can't some Romance Sims (randomly?) nicely reject those proposals without destroying the relationship? Sort of a "I really love you, but I'm just not the marrying type." Or even "I'm not ready to settle down yet. You understand that, don't you?" And some partners would be okay with that while others could see it as a flat rejection and their LT/ST relationship would then greatly suffer. Since they get a negative memory of it, why do they so openly welcome the proposal?

Yeah exactly! Just like EVERY single romance sim always rolls wishes to cheat on their partners or alike. It would be nice if their wants and fears would vary from their personality or if it would be completely random after aging up and selecting the romance aspiration or if you could choose between a "good" romance sim or a "housewrecker".
Top Secret Researcher
#5727 Old 26th Sep 2020 at 8:46 PM
For the romance issues, I use mods--No Instant Love by Pescado, to be specific. I know a lot of simmers have switched over to Simler90's Romantic Standards, but I still have ACR & Inteen, so I use Pescado's mods. No Instant Love makes it so that sims don't automatically fall in love--attraction level, personality, and aspiration all factor in when a sim falls in love or gets a crush. And of course, that affects the proposal actions, and even some romantic ones sometimes, because if one sim is not in love with the other they'll say no. Case in point, just last week I was playing the Summerdreams. For context, I recently restarted Veronaville and I did play Capp Manor first so Hermia and Puck already dated, and even slept together. When I got around to playing the Summerdreams, Puck rolled a want to go steady with Hermia. I let him go for it, because like I said, they already dated for a while and I was pretty sure Hermia was in love with him. But, to our surprise, she rejected him. Twice. Puck had to ask a third time and take Hermia on another date before she agreed to go steady. So yeah, definitely more challenging for Romance sims and couples with low chemistry to commit to each other, without additional mods.

I used to also use Pescado's Romance Mod, which makes sims show loyalty to existing relationships. I personally found that one a little too constricting, as some of my playables would find dating townies difficult because the local Romance sim(s) got to the townie first. Then the townie wouldn't want to start a new relationship because they were in involved with someone else. I'd prefer that townies see their dates with Romance sims as one night stands, so I ended up nixing that mod, but if you want to make it harder for sims to cheat on each other and to fall in love with multiple sims, then it's a good option. For me, though, No Instant Love is good on it's own. It takes a while or very high chemistry for sims to fall in love. And Family sims fall in love faster and more easily than Romance and Pleasure sims, which makes sense in my head.

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Bored? Read an unfinished legacy or sim story. | Kelyns on other forums
Alchemist
#5728 Old 26th Sep 2020 at 9:03 PM
I have bad memories for romance sims fixed with mod. https://modthesims.info/d/524868/ea...mance-sims.html
Field Researcher
#5729 Old 27th Sep 2020 at 5:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantomknight
For the romance issues, I use mods--No Instant Love by Pescado, to be specific. I know a lot of simmers have switched over to Simler90's Romantic Standards, but I still have ACR & Inteen, so I use Pescado's mods. No Instant Love makes it so that sims don't automatically fall in love--attraction level, personality, and aspiration all factor in when a sim falls in love or gets a crush. And of course, that affects the proposal actions, and even some romantic ones sometimes, because if one sim is not in love with the other they'll say no. Case in point, just last week I was playing the Summerdreams. For context, I recently restarted Veronaville and I did play Capp Manor first so Hermia and Puck already dated, and even slept together. When I got around to playing the Summerdreams, Puck rolled a want to go steady with Hermia. I let him go for it, because like I said, they already dated for a while and I was pretty sure Hermia was in love with him. But, to our surprise, she rejected him. Twice. Puck had to ask a third time and take Hermia on another date before she agreed to go steady. So yeah, definitely more challenging for Romance sims and couples with low chemistry to commit to each other, without additional mods.

I used to also use Pescado's Romance Mod, which makes sims show loyalty to existing relationships. I personally found that one a little too constricting, as some of my playables would find dating townies difficult because the local Romance sim(s) got to the townie first. Then the townie wouldn't want to start a new relationship because they were in involved with someone else. I'd prefer that townies see their dates with Romance sims as one night stands, so I ended up nixing that mod, but if you want to make it harder for sims to cheat on each other and to fall in love with multiple sims, then it's a good option. For me, though, No Instant Love is good on it's own. It takes a while or very high chemistry for sims to fall in love. And Family sims fall in love faster and more easily than Romance and Pleasure sims, which makes sense in my head.

I use Pescado's RomanceMod as well and it works well for the way I play. I just wish Romance Sims would sometimes say "Not my thing" to proposals now and then, even even if they have a 100/100 relationship with the other person. I'm not against them gaining the bad memory if they accept, after all it is contrary to their aspiration, but they should just say no sometimes.

All of my Conversions, Creations and Stories may be found here:
HobbesED's Conversions and Creations
Mad Poster
#5730 Old 27th Sep 2020 at 1:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyangrysim974
Yeah exactly! Just like EVERY single romance sim always rolls wishes to cheat on their partners or alike. It would be nice if their wants and fears would vary from their personality or if it would be completely random after aging up and selecting the romance aspiration or if you could choose between a "good" romance sim or a "housewrecker".

I don't play Romance sims often, but I had one who was in a serious relationship. After a while of ignoring all his cheating wants he started rolling woohoo in bed/in public/in hot tub wants instead. His boyfriend was happy to satisfy those and he stayed in platinum easily.
Field Researcher
#5731 Old 27th Sep 2020 at 3:12 PM
I stopped playing romance sims because they were way too clingy and they ignored their own needs to the point of critical mass. And the three bolt chemistry made them extremely volatile when it comes to jealousy. The lowest romantic action toward another sim could easily set them off.
Field Researcher
#5732 Old 27th Sep 2020 at 3:16 PM
Wants are not orders. Sometimes I fulfill them; sometimes I see them as just daydreams. Some Romance Sims never want to get married but would rather be carefree singles with lots of lovers. Some do and stay faithful, while occasionally fantasizing about cheating. And some are just dogs who don't care who they hurt. Variety makes the game more interesting. If you let wants roll away, they will eventually roll them less often. If you fulfill them, they will roll them more often. And that helps determine their personality.

As for what makes me go grr--when someone is invited over, rings the doorbell, and then wanders all over the lot or goes to the backdoor and won't stay still long enough to be greeted! Aarrrgh.
Lab Assistant
#5733 Old 27th Sep 2020 at 3:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sturlington
Wants are not orders. Sometimes I fulfill them; sometimes I see them as just daydreams. Some Romance Sims never want to get married but would rather be carefree singles with lots of lovers. Some do and stay faithful, while occasionally fantasizing about cheating. And some are just dogs who don't care who they hurt. Variety makes the game more interesting. If you let wants roll away, they will eventually roll them less often. If you fulfill them, they will roll them more often. And that helps determine their personality.

I agree. I only fulfill a want if it makes sense for that character. Hence why I call my playstyle 'loosely wants based,' because that's what I do.

Quote:
As for what makes me go grr--when someone is invited over, rings the doorbell, and then wanders all over the lot or goes to the backdoor and won't stay still long enough to be greeted! Aarrrgh.

Oh my, I forgot how much that gets on my nerves. It happened in uni; Dirk would invite Lilith over and she'd keep wandering around until she got fed up and left. Pausing to greet helps that issue, though.

I'm noticing this a lot more in my games lately, but sims have been preparing to put something in the bin, drop it, then leave it. Fortunately, I find the rubbish piles in time so that they don't get ill.

When a game is predictable, it's boring.
That goes for any medium that isn't life.
That's why The Sims 2 is my favourite sims game.
It pays great attention to detail and can be unpredictable.
The Sims 4 is another story altogether...
Lab Assistant
#5734 Old 27th Sep 2020 at 4:33 PM
Quote:

Weird, my sims keep rolling the same wants forever non-stop, no matter if I ignore them.
Alchemist
#5735 Old 27th Sep 2020 at 5:03 PM
I ignore most of the wants but they still manage get themselves to platinum.
The most popular want nowadays for all my sims is "Get a skill point"
Scholar
#5736 Old 27th Sep 2020 at 5:24 PM
Quote:

I know I have a mod that stops this. I'm going to have to go digging to find out which one but I know it exists cause I also hated this behavior and now my sims all wait politely by the mailbox to be greeted.

I also only occasionally fulfill wants and often times play directly against them if I want them to roll different ones. I find Fortune the hardest because all you have to do is buy one thing and it will start all those "buy" wants to start coming back.

EDIT: wasn't that hard after all it's called "frontdoorhack" and it's by Pescado.
Mad Poster
#5737 Old 27th Sep 2020 at 8:27 PM
Sometimes, when moving a sim into the dorm, the UI doesn't come back and the only way to fix it is to tab out of the game and force close it. I have the cut screens disabled, so it's not the video getting in the way.

Happened again last night. First sim in newly built dorm in neighborhood, but it's so rare I haven't noticed if that's a pattern with it or not.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Field Researcher
#5738 Old 27th Sep 2020 at 8:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyangrysim974
Weird, my sims keep rolling the same wants forever non-stop, no matter if I ignore them.

Maybe you need to shake up things for them a bit. Try taking them to a community lot. That will at least reroll wants.

Thank you, clashfan! I'm off to get that now.
Lab Assistant
#5739 Old Yesterday at 4:42 PM
The attention desperate friendships. I use a couple of mods to make sim friends more reasonable but sometimes it's just too much. I once made a friendship with my sim's co-worker and immediately 1 day later I simply received a message telling me she's no longer a family friend. WTF I just didn't talk to you for like 5 hours wtf is wrong with you???
It's even annoying during university. "ggggg why u no talk to me? u no me friend anymoar?" bitch i'm busy studying 24/7 I have no time for this
Page 230 of 230