Replies: 1108 (Who?), Viewed: 106441 times.
Page 45 of 45
Mad Poster
#1101 Old 28th Dec 2020 at 7:22 PM
There are all TS2 Maxis neighborhoods with all furnished lots but without any sim: https://modthesims.info/d/615468/cl...-templates.html
Scholar
#1102 Old 29th Dec 2020 at 3:43 AM
Thanks, I've downloaded the empty Sims neighborhoods. Wait, Veronaville is meant for two families, not three, right?

My current character in the CK3 run is Empress Lucia of Italy (Family/Popularity/Leo). To help populate the world, I'll also add her two strongest neighbors, Emperor Leon of France (Fortune/Pleasure/Virgo) and Basileus Gabriel (Knowledge/Romance/Aquarius). I came to the aspiration/sign combinations based on their traits in the game.

Though thinking about all of her ancestors, maybe she's not the most interesting choice for a founder Sim?

1/8/2016: New avatar! Pre-censored for EA's approval.
3/19/2015: Teens are too close to YAs. EA needs to either shorten the teens, or add preteens and make YAs look older.
Mad Poster
#1103 Old 31st Dec 2020 at 5:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrChillgood
Thanks, I've downloaded the empty Sims neighborhoods. Wait, Veronaville is meant for two families, not three, right?

Maxis' original Veronaville has three families: the extended feuding households of the Capp and Monty families, plus the Summerdream household.
Instructor
#1104 Old 13th Jan 2021 at 1:12 PM
So I'm playing with Pleasantsims' Fairplay neighbourhood, which is basically Pleasantview but genderbent, so the characters (while they did develop some differences) are pretty much the same. And I (of course) ran into some potential drama, however I'm not too sure I want to play it out this time.

Basically, Didi (Dirk) is engaged to Leon (Lilith), but while he's in love with her, it's not mutual, and she doesn't even have a crush on him, because they have only one bolt of chemistry. However, Nick (Nina) met Didi this one time, and turns out they have three bolts of chemistry. They've been talking, but nothing's started (yet?)

And now I'm not sure what to do, I don't think Didi would marry Leon bc she's not in love with him, but I also don't think she would want to break his heart by breaking up or even worse, leaving him at the altar, and I also don't really think she would run off with Nick since that would also be very mean to Leon (and also she's mostly focused on working her way up in the medical career), but that three bolt chemistry is just something I don't think I can ignore...

So yeah, what do you guys think I should do with them? I really don't have ideas. I guess I'm just not the storyteller I used to be...
Top Secret Researcher
#1105 Old 13th Jan 2021 at 2:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugoisama

Basically, Didi (Dirk) is engaged to Leon (Lilith), but while he's in love with her, it's not mutual, and she doesn't even have a crush on him, because they have only one bolt of chemistry.

How did you manage to do that? I've never been able to create a one-sided love through normal gameplay? And how did she accept his engagement without being in love with him? Or is that how that version of the neighborhood starts out?

As to what to do with them. If you don't want to hurt any of the involved Sims you could make a sotryline where Didi and Leon "talk it out" and Didi confesses that while she probably values him as a friend,s he's not in love with Leon. (for egnagement breakup without drama, you can u se the "Amicable Breakup" mod here (all the way down): https://midge-the-tree.livejournal.com/20926.html
Maybe Didi even has a friend she could introduce to Leon? Or you could create an additional character who fills that role?

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Field Researcher
#1106 Old 13th Jan 2021 at 9:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugoisama
And now I'm not sure what to do, I don't think Didi would marry Leon bc she's not in love with him, but I also don't think she would want to break his heart by breaking up or even worse, leaving him at the altar, and I also don't really think she would run off with Nick since that would also be very mean to Leon (and also she's mostly focused on working her way up in the medical career), but that three bolt chemistry is just something I don't think I can ignore....

I'd probably break them up. Better now than a few sim-years down the road.
Mad Poster
#1107 Old 14th Jan 2021 at 4:52 AM
I'd probably ignore the chemistry, or tinker with turn-ons and turn-offs. Nick's romance, presumably has the romance perk for extra boltage, so it's only two bolts anyway, probably, really. And how likely is he to be faithful? (Orphalesion, I've had romancemod+ACR induced events like this: Crystal married Lazlo in a pseudo-Victorian neighborhood because people *thought* he'd compromised her and it was the 'right' thing to do. She never loved him, but he loved her. The right-or wrong-bunch of mods can lead to romantic interactions without love.)

Didi lost her dad, right? And Leon's parents still broke up? Or at least had drama about cheating. I'd think they'd both go for a stable, friendly relationship with less passion over something that would (potentially) blow up in their faces later. And Didi might just view Nick as being too sexy for her, you know. Someone who's a 'ten' to her 'six', and wouldn't stay with her (leaving aside whether either assessment is correct, here). But I'd start by messing with turn-ons and turn-offs, because I've never had Lil and Dirk not have two bolts with the right turn-ons, so I think you can get them a bit more passionate if you want.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Instructor
#1108 Old 14th Jan 2021 at 9:01 AM
@Orphalesion
Oh, the one-sided feelings happened because I have a mod (not completely sure what, though) that makes it so that sims with low chemistry have a hard time getting a crush and falling in love, as for how she even accepted the proposal is beyond me.

@Sunbee
You know what, you might be onto something with the chemistry, Lilith and Dirk are also at least two bolts in my game. I think that might have something to do with Pleasantview having mis-matched zodiac signs which boost their chemistry, and these sims having correct ones, which do not. I didn't really want to change their turn-ons because they were picked by an actual person, so I thought they're "canon", but I honestly might just do that, since I never played this ship out. And you might be right about the whole "Nick is too much for Didi" thing, they're very much two seperate worlds.
Mad Poster
#1109 Old 15th Jan 2021 at 6:46 AM
@sugoisama as base game sims, even gender swapped clones, they don't have canon turn-ons per se, so I wouldn't personally feel any hesitation to change them. And you could always go at it from the other side, depending on what exactly the turn-ons and offs are: maybe Leon doesn't want Didi to be so married to her job (high level career turn-off) and once she reaches the top she decides to retire young? A lot of those are mutable, after all.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Page 45 of 45