Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Sep 2019 at 5:29 PM
How many Townies/NPCS should I create
For a harry potter neighborhood I was gonna do my own NPCs and townies which would works since we don't family trees for many HP characters/students , now how many should I do in total for mainhood + shopping district + downtown + college

here's some I already had in mind

Screenshots
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 4th Sep 2019 at 8:05 PM
game's character limit for any neighborhood is 7fff in hexadecimal; 32767 in decimal.
not entirely sure, but I imagine that is much more than any computer could handle.

any number less than what your computer could handle would work fine.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 4th Sep 2019 at 9:02 PM
If you use the townie generator, it will spawn 30, representing all ages. (Not much help, I know ) That would be in the main hood.
Theorist
#4 Old 4th Sep 2019 at 9:08 PM
When I created townies for my current neighbouhood I created 10 male/female adult townies, 5 male/female teenager townies, 0 child/elder townies and 3 of each NPC.

It worked for me, but I hardly ever even acknowledge the presence of Townies, so...

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Alchemist
#5 Old 4th Sep 2019 at 10:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Orphalesion
When I created townies for my current neighbouhood I created 10 male/female adult townies, 5 male/female teenager townies, 0 child/elder townies and 3 of each NPC.

It worked for me, but I hardly ever even acknowledge the presence of Townies, so...

Just curious, why did you choose 3 of each NPC? Did you want to prevent them being generated?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6 Old 4th Sep 2019 at 10:58 PM
However many you want. I only ever make a few townies and gradually either age them up or move them in to make playable and create a few.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#7 Old 5th Sep 2019 at 1:44 AM
I think it's really just up to you and your play-style. I like to play with sim owned businesses and I find I need a good group of townies for that. I tend to make around 20 or so to start with and then I add as feel the need. I make a minimum of 15 dormies and slowly add more to get up around 40. However I often will age up townie teens to become dormies and then make more teens to take their place so it's not all me just making new dormies. I then often will age up dormies that have hung around for a gen or two and make them townies. It's just my way of keeping the population refreshed and so I don't have adults who find their teen dating the same townie teen they did.
I let the game generate NPC's as I need them and I only have one of each, NPC's are just worker bees to me and my sims interact with them only in their work related capacity. I did learn in the first hood I made using empty templates not to marry playables to each other for the first couple of generations or your gene pool gets really small really quick. Especially since I also use a mod for extended families so Sims recognize their 1st and 2nd cousins as being family.
Theorist
#8 Old 5th Sep 2019 at 2:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sunrader
Just curious, why did you choose 3 of each NPC? Did you want to prevent them being generated?

Nah I just wanted variety and be able to choose what they look like :-)

Would have been boring if every house would have had the same gardener/maid.

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.