Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th May 2008 at 9:10 PM
What glitch has scared/surprised you the most?
Here's mine;

My custom sim Azura Dalston married a townie called Brandon something (he has blonde hair and wears a suit) and I looked in Brandon's inventory and found ALL of the objects which are outside the house above.

It did kinda scare me. The total worth of the items was certainly over $50,000 - which was good, cause they needed a bigger house so they could have kids.

I'm supporting the Optimist Camp for the Sims 4.

Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 10th May 2008 at 9:36 PM
Rofl geez.
Thats impressive.
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 10th May 2008 at 10:15 PM
Nice, but I wouldn't really call that a glitch.

I would like to clear up the little matter of my sanity as it has come into question. I am not in any way, shape, or form, sane. Insane? Hell yes!

People keep calling me 'evil.' I must be doing something right.

SilentPsycho - The Official MTS2 Psycho
Instructor
#4 Old 10th May 2008 at 10:32 PM
Looks like he was a klepto or a packrat with HUGE pockets. Lol
Scholar
Original Poster
#5 Old 10th May 2008 at 10:35 PM
If it isn't a glitch what is it? :S

Field Researcher
#6 Old 10th May 2008 at 10:39 PM
If you have OFB, he might have bought those items at a shop as a customer (though i dont know if townies keep the items in their inventories like playable sims).
For me, the creepiest glitch was when this one sim didnt take their eyes off me. Everywhere that sim waked and everything she did, she continued staring at me as sims periodically do. I had to reset that sim with oh so wonderful boolprop. Too bad i didn't take pics :frying:
Scholar
#7 Old 10th May 2008 at 10:42 PM
When the people randomly started disappearing back when Nightlife came out. I thought it was the damn vampires.

My GOD, Brandon must have pockets like the Grand Canyon!

"Life is just a chance to grow a soul" - A. Powell Davies
Scholar
Original Poster
#8 Old 10th May 2008 at 10:46 PM
Yeah I know! I counted the objects and it was between 70-90!!!

Field Researcher
#9 Old 10th May 2008 at 11:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Figgi
If it isn't a glitch what is it? :S

I think its called 'Luck'. :D
Top Secret Researcher
#10 Old 11th May 2008 at 11:35 AM
So, if that isn't a glitch, it's a sign Brandon's a shopaholic :D

One of the glitches that freaked me out is the one with the drawing table reward from the Architecture career. When I looked at the pictures in my Storytelling folder, and it turned out like a greyscale mess, I freaked. I wanted to get the patch to fix it, but after reading the mess it makes in everyone's games, I didn't. So I guess I can't take pictures after my sim uses the drawing table.
Top Secret Researcher
#11 Old 11th May 2008 at 6:19 PM
Well, I was asking for this, but the CAS glitch where you can reset the sliders to the middle by clicking on another archetype in a different menu/folder/tab whatever it is. So I used the eye height one. twelve times. OMFG, she had eyestalks half the length of her body. I couldn't bring myself to release her onto the world though.

The humor of a story on the internet is in direct inverse proportion to how accurate the reporting is.
#12 Old 11th May 2008 at 6:56 PM
when a bed is occupied by an invisible sim <...> kinda weird
#13 Old 11th May 2008 at 7:15 PM
I was quite scared when my pleasantview kept churning up dead sims...... at one point i had three versions of Michael Bachelor running around a single lot and repeated error message that there was no data for Betty Newbie... i had to reinstall after that incidense but all the dead sims quite spooked me...
Site Helper
#14 Old 11th May 2008 at 11:16 PM
I still haven't actually encountered anything like the rabbit glitch from Sims 1. That is the one glitch that will stick with me forever, I think. All those rabbits all over the lot, and the stupid carpools and taxis would take 3 hours before deciding to just run the silly things over. I finally put a bed right next to the car portal so they could wake up and collapse into it instead of dropping two or three times on their way to the bedroom.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Alchemist
#15 Old 11th May 2008 at 11:26 PM
I've had townies married to my Sims before and who have tons of crap in their inventories, too. It's great fun. Never that much stuff though!!
Worst/scariest glitch for me was when all my Sims and their houses vanished and I never found them again.
Instructor
#16 Old 12th May 2008 at 2:11 AM
One of my Legacy heirs, after becoming an elder, decided he was a YA instead. I used SimPE to convince him otherwise, and he decided he hadn't achieved any of the 432789+ LTWs I'd fulfilled for him. Then he decided he didn't have an aspiration at all, and I finally decided to kill him peacefully with Boolprop (set aspiration to max, set to his birthday, and wait for 6:00 to roll around). Thank goodness I'm not scoring.
Test Subject
#17 Old 12th May 2008 at 2:41 PM
Jump bug on my first legacy family.
Could have saved them I guess but didn't have the heart too .
Also recently in my latest large generational family, I'd been putting the gravestones in a community lot using their inventory, I had about 4 generations of 3 families worth of gravestones but they all dissapeared and don't have a clue why =/.
Has really made me lose motivation for playing now, their entrie legacy has gone .
Field Researcher
#18 Old 12th May 2008 at 3:17 PM
My first major glitch was the slowdown bug. My 2nd legacy family had their first child and for some reason, my founder was still making the bed. I checked the time and it was progressing so slowly that it was 2 real life minutes for 1 sim minute. Needless to say, I exited the lot. Once I got either Uni or NL, the suddenly there was a minimum of 15 gardeners all over my lot. Didn't know how to fix it and I wasn't too attached to the family so I deleted them.
Retired Moderator
retired moderator
#19 Old 12th May 2008 at 3:30 PM
Mine was in CAS, when all of a sudden the camera just started drifting to the right, making me finally end up outside the room in the garden instead. It zoomed alright and everything. Just didn't zoom the sim.
Think I still have a screen cap somewhere... *goes off to look*

*edit* Yup, found it;

Oh, and, then it was just recently, when I had my Black Widow challenge sim ask a townie how much money he had, He replied that he had alot (three simeloneon(?) signs), but when he moved in, he had a measly 1.000.
What a liar.

~ * ~ Volition ~ * ~
Test Subject
#20 Old 12th May 2008 at 4:37 PM
My scariest glitch: I had just installed Freetime and loaded my game. I went into the Freetime neighborhood and made a sim, blah blah, moved them into a house. They got hungry, and I tried to feed them, but as soon as they finished cooking, the food vanished! I tried cooking at least 5 times, and every time the food disappeared! Later, I found out that it was because of a hack conflict, but I was scared as hell until I figured out the problem.
Forum Resident
#21 Old 12th May 2008 at 6:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Alissa888
When the people randomly started disappearing back when Nightlife came out. I thought it was the damn vampires.

That just started happening in my game, and it's the one I was going to post about. I thought it was because my game was so corrupt. (Same installation has lasted four years.)
transmogrified
retired moderator
#22 Old 12th May 2008 at 6:54 PM
One of my families had twins with a toddler-to-child transition on the same day their grandmother died. When the grandmother died, the girl twin simply disappeared from the lot (and the interface). I exited without saving, and tried every version of the scenario I could think of, but the girl repeatedly glitched...the funny-saddest being when she decided she was a toddler in a child's body. I finally had to move the family to a new lot.
Field Researcher
#23 Old 12th May 2008 at 7:04 PM
When the skunk floats into the lot with his body all deformed. Egads. I've seen pics of it about, perhaps one has one to show what I mean.
Test Subject
#24 Old 12th May 2008 at 11:59 PM
The biggest glitch in my game just happened a few weeks ago. Had all the sims in a custom neighborhood dissapear. Their houses were still there, including everything in them, but no people. Maybe the aliens came and beamed them all up. Even after exiting without saving they didn't come back.
#25 Old 13th May 2008 at 12:28 AM
my weirdest glitch was a few months ago in the goth's house in pleasantview. i was on my computer at my house in florida which isnt nearly as good as mine home in ny. i was playing the goth house like normal then all of a sudden the game froze and started zooming in and out really fast on its own. i tried to exit to the neighborhood but in hood view there was a big black hole where the house should have been. and the family was still listed as living there and everything.

ahh, graphic conflicts.
Page 1 of 25