Replies: 1935 (Who?), Viewed: 301440 times.
Page 75 of 78
Mean, mean stride
retired moderator
#1851 Old 7th Jan 2018 at 10:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpal425
Veranka and Poppet can do some serious damage to your Downloads space...

There are lots of creators that do that for me- I have over 10,000 files of Maxis recolours by Miss Piggi. Anyone remember her? Rivalled only by my folder of Michelle recolours.

I will choose a path that's clear- I will choose free will
-RUSH
Simpeople and Me Archive- -11Dots Archive- My Sims World Archive
If you are looking for files from old websites the Internet Archive is your best friend.
Link Ninja
#1852 Old 8th Jan 2018 at 1:12 AM
I have a big weakness for fakepeeps outfits and triciamanly homes and don't get me started with newsea hairs (ts2 and other games converted to ts2) recolored with pooklet's hues.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Scholar
#1853 Old 8th Jan 2018 at 4:47 AM
I think most of mine are fakepeeps clothing and michelle's recolors too. I have a decent amount of hair too. But I have a little of everything. Some wallpaper, floors, makeup....but clothing and hair seems to be my weakness, and recolors of anything....I have a lot of cc weaknesses lol. I'm at 7.12 gb now I remember when I said 5 gb was my limit
Top Secret Researcher
#1854 Old 8th Jan 2018 at 11:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orphalesion
4,3 GB, compared to like 500 MB the last time I looked O_o

Apprently I made a mistake, the 4,3 GB was the size of my whole "Sims Ultimate Collection" folder in Documents.

My download folder is "just" 1.05 GB (current size after today's default replacement download binge).

Woops...
Test Subject
DELETED POST
9th Jan 2018 at 8:28 AM
This message has been deleted by looseemoo.
Forum Resident
#1855 Old 9th Jan 2018 at 11:02 AM Last edited by kanzen : 11th Jan 2018 at 4:49 PM.
*sweats nervously* I tried to be responsible and delete all the unused stuff but then I wonder --WHAT IF I NEED THOSE NEXT TIME?
there was never a next time.

edit: I just checked. it's over 5GB.... dear lord, I thought I was already deleting and skipping stuff I don't need...

♡ ♡ ♡ Furry Commission Info | Normal Commission Info | Buy me a Coffee | Donate!♡ ♡ ♡
Test Subject
#1856 Old 28th Jan 2018 at 4:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joandsarah77
@Swearmanchild Are you sure posted to the correct board? I don't think Sims 2 has tuning mods.

I was in the wrong board, thanks~
Forum Resident
#1857 Old 28th Jan 2018 at 10:09 AM Last edited by Diovanlestat : 28th Jan 2018 at 10:31 AM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by simsample
There are lots of creators that do that for me- I have over 10,000 files of Maxis recolours by Miss Piggi. Anyone remember her? Rivalled only by my folder of Michelle recolours.

Never forget Miss Piggi. First simmer who I really missed when they were gone. It was horrible, one day there was a beautiful site, and then there wasn't. I got so used to downloading her stuff to recolour everything, and then she wasn't here and everything became disorganised. I was grateful to her family for letting the site stay up for a little while so we could save what we needed. Thankfully Michelle came along with her recolours. I always use Miss Piggi's pet recolours in all my games, out of gratitude and remembrance. It's why I got so many GB of files, I started to collect everything I liked after that, even if I didn't need it, just in case. Heck, I even download things only for use in base games, or just for use with inteen version. (which I never use) I'm so glad we got the share thing now, but wish we could browse it to see what's missing and upload for others to use. (Yep, I even try to save the instructions and the TOU) Since MTS Simsfileshare, I've stopped collecting so much.

As to what's in my current game. Well it's a new install, I'm starting again. So far, in Riverblossom, with only one main hood, and one subneighbourhood, I've got 6.40gb, and I've only played one day of each household. No downtown grunge stuff yet, no schools, no prisons, no hospitals. But I'm trying to use the anystarter to see if I can use play more efficiently.

10,000 files you say. Sounds lovely. Are yours organised and ordered. No I'm not drooling or hinting. Just pondering.
Scholar
#1858 Old 28th Jan 2018 at 11:11 AM
i do try to organize my downloads but it never works because i'm like this:

"ok i'll finally start up the gam-oh look some more recolours! lets get them oh and ts3 to ts2 conversions..."

i think i have like 5 GB or something

I May Be Life Dumb But I'm Sim Smart(mostly).
My Tumblr
Theorist
#1859 Old 28th Jan 2018 at 12:33 PM
My DL folder is currently 5.70 GB and my game launches in less than 10 minutes.
I need to get rid off the CC I don't like or I don't use though.
Instructor
#1860 Old 28th Jan 2018 at 4:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uri-simka
Oh oh, my trouble weighs as much as 29.5 GB

could you please tell me about what kind of windows and computer do you have? my dream is to at least get to work my 12gb without problems on my windows10

I am Brazilian but I live in Switzerland!!!!
Call me Paula if you want :)
My Tumblr =)
Test Subject
#1861 Old 28th Jan 2018 at 4:25 PM
I think the most I've ever had is 8 gb or so, and that really slowed my game down, since it's on tiny laptop. I think I'm down to 2-3 gb in my new hood.......for now, at least. Every time I start a new neighborhood, I try to make a promise to myself to keep CC under a gigabyte.......but I never follow through :O
Mad Poster
#1862 Old 29th Jan 2018 at 3:48 AM
I just added a few mods and a few hairs. I am a bit under 4GB.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Forum Resident
#1863 Old 29th Jan 2018 at 6:03 PM
1.48GB
I try to keep it minimal
I would like some neighborhood CC though but I never really feel satisfied with what I can find

I build small houses *^*
Scholar
#1864 Old 29th Jan 2018 at 9:00 PM
1.79 GB - I've just had a content changearound, and feel like having a game that loads in under 2 minutes, just for a change.
Test Subject
#1865 Old 15th May 2018 at 12:00 AM
So I have 13,843 files in my downloads folder, and it takes up 5.36 GB oops
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#1866 Old 15th May 2018 at 12:17 AM
Oops? Lol, yes add moar!!

Seriously though, it doesn't matter if you want a little or a lot. Nothing better about either, nothing to feel bad about either.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
#1867 Old 16th May 2018 at 4:56 PM
I have about 5gb and almost 10,000 files. I think I like where my downloads folder is at, but there's some things I need to eventually take out. I'm just being too lazy to do it.
Scholar
#1868 Old 16th May 2018 at 10:36 PM
473 MB - mostly just mods to give me more control over Sim finances and childcare, plus Inteen.
Field Researcher
#1869 Old 16th May 2018 at 11:41 PM
I have about 45,000 files, 7.18 GB. I don't know how long it takes to load since I do other things. It's probably about 20 minutes which is fine for me. Everything is extremely organized (probably too extremely), compressed, catalogued, binned, titled, alphabetized, load order adjusted, and so on. I spend too much time on it I think. Anyway, I like what I have, change things around as I find or make something new, and don't have any real problems.
Top Secret Researcher
#1870 Old 17th May 2018 at 12:47 AM
I should compare with last year's back-up on one of my external hard drives as I have downloaded a lot of cc this year. Still, it's only 2.15GB for my normal hood and 2.02GB for my medieval hood.
Field Researcher
#1871 Old 17th May 2018 at 3:48 AM
I'm pretty sure I've replied to this topic before, but seeing it again made me check my downloads again. I'm actually pretty surprised; it's not as much as some people here. I have 3,391 files, which take up 1.15 GB. I would probably have more, but my game protests and turns pink if I try to stuff too much in it.
Test Subject
#1872 Old 21st Aug 2018 at 7:05 PM
Oh my...I have 33,336 Files and it takes 14.2 GB. O.O Too many recolors and hairs XD
It takes about 25 minutes to start
Mad Poster
#1873 Old 21st Aug 2018 at 10:05 PM
Since I'm running Compressorizor on the whole downloads folder, I can definitively say that there are 25950 files in there.

I thought it would take an hour or so . . .it's been five hours. Most of it's been compressed before, so I thought it would be quick, and I was feeling lazy to just pick out the new files from the folders . . . you know, Oh, I didn't have that palm tree in, and where's that shirt by Cat? put that in . . . in folders that have been compressed before. Sigh. Lesson learned.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Lab Assistant
#1874 Old 21st Aug 2018 at 10:57 PM
Thanks for inspiring me to finally check! I've got 3,176 files in my downloads folder. Honestly, not that bad!

Sims 2 Story|My Tumblr|Donate
See something of mine you like? Just ask, and I'll get you a link to the item you're looking for.
Forum Resident
#1875 Old 21st Aug 2018 at 11:24 PM
i never pay attention on this one.

but i download the hair mostly, then i download the eyes and the third cc's one's are the skintones
Page 75 of 78