Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#11951 Old 6th Dec 2020 at 5:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tunafishfish
None of the Sunset Valley males have body hair. I never noticed before looking around the town, but I guess a new laptop and videocard that can run the game's graphics at the highest setting will make it clear. In the past I've only ever noticed when my sims are getting to know a new lover.

That's because of an ordinance passed by the Sunset Valley Town Council around 100 years ago. It's one of those laws that is still on the books but no longer enforced. You will notice that no one in town gets clogged bathtub/shower drains, so it must have done some good along the way.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#11952 Old 6th Dec 2020 at 5:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tunafishfish
None of the Sunset Valley males have body hair. I never noticed before looking around the town, but I guess a new laptop and videocard that can run the game's graphics at the highest setting will make it clear. In the past I've only ever noticed when my sims are getting to know a new lover.

TBH, Sunset Valley came before body hair, which came with the Generations patch. This also actually means that everyone in Twinbrook, Bridgeport, and the three WA worlds are also perfectly depilated.
Mad Poster
#11953 Old 6th Dec 2020 at 5:47 PM Last edited by igazor : 16th Dec 2020 at 1:57 PM.
(frowns slightly) So are we going with the correct answer just above or the more amusing one?
Lab Assistant
#11954 Old 6th Dec 2020 at 6:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jje1000
TBH, Sunset Valley came before body hair, which came with the Generations patch. This also actually means that everyone in Twinbrook, Bridgeport, and the three WA worlds are also perfectly depilated.

The same applies Riverview, Barnacle Bay and Hidden Springs. In fact, the 1st EA world to feature Sims w/ body hair is Appaloosa Plains
Lab Assistant
#11955 Old 6th Dec 2020 at 10:08 PM
Update: I now have a "pet" raccoon.

So there's that.

Oh c'mon. There better be a point to all this stress I'm under.
Mad Poster
#11956 Old 7th Dec 2020 at 2:48 AM
...How?

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Scholar
#11957 Old 7th Dec 2020 at 2:56 AM
I think they mean "pet" as in, "I keep feeding it and it keeps coming back."

The Mayflies Legacy- a Random Legacy Story
Instructor
#11958 Old 7th Dec 2020 at 12:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LittleCheshire
Update: I now have a "pet" raccoon.

So there's that.

That's my deepest irl dream *sigh*
Scholar
#11959 Old 7th Dec 2020 at 7:15 PM
You would be welcome to the thuggy little bear-wannabees that have raucous parties in my apple tree in the season and attack my dogs while we're walking on the street. (I'm less bitter than I sound,honestly). Pets they are not, though. They're cute as all heck, and belong in my urban landscape as much as I do, but oh my goodness they are shady characters.
Mad Poster
#11960 Old 7th Dec 2020 at 11:32 PM
They aren't the easiest animals to domesticate at all, but from what I've seen it's very possible and especially if you raise them from when they were babies. People who rescue and care for baby animals in distress properly are in a class far above the rest of humanity, but that's just my humble opinion.

This video showed up for me as something new to watch on YouTube the other day when I was just there to run some random things to test a virtual training room session. I love how he gently pushes the owner's hand away when he realizes there aren't any more peanuts to eat, time to go back to sleep now.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIYpJeCePDc
Forum Resident
#11961 Old 8th Dec 2020 at 1:17 AM
I like with this one how it so gently takes the food out of their hand.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPYtFb1p65c

You have been chosen. They will come soon.
Instructor
#11962 Old 8th Dec 2020 at 2:31 PM Last edited by enable_llamas : 8th Dec 2020 at 3:16 PM.
I know they are considered pests and all but I love their cute lil grabby hands and their lil robber masks :lovestruc And they are so fluffy that monkey brain immediately takes over and goes "Must pet fluffle!" The above videos really don't help with being reasonable, either : D Sadly we have no raccoons in Europe

Edit: Apparently there are some in Germany! I know what my first post-plague trip is going to be
Scholar
#11963 Old 12th Dec 2020 at 5:09 PM
I met someone that had a raccoon as a pet, almost 20 years ago now. They were out and about and had the little guy on a leash. He was just as soft and fluffy as he looks and very tame. However, do not approach any raccoons to pet that you have not had confirmed are friendly. I've never seen one in the wild, they're mostly nocturnal, however I've seen footprints and roadkill. My animals will go after rabbits and bluejays but they do not mess with raccoons.

Field Researcher
#11964 Old 14th Dec 2020 at 2:35 AM
I will be the voice of dissent and pick up all the disagrees... I used to think raccoons were cute then I moved to the country. That cute thing is an act. Garden destroying, can chew through metal to get in your shed/attic, chicken killing, cat and dog attacking, rabies carrying, stinking trash pandas. I don't hate them actively like the old farmers out here but I'd rather deal with skunks than raccoons.

I cringe every time the EA coded wish pops up to pet or play with the raccoon. Never pet a wild raccoon.
Mad Poster
#11965 Old 14th Dec 2020 at 4:44 AM Last edited by igazor : 14th Dec 2020 at 4:56 AM.
I'm not in the habit of handing out Disagrees generally, so I won't bother here either. Wild animals are known to act unpredictably even if it appears that their needs are being met (one can never tell since we don't have MasterController or Tagger IRL), and raccoons in particular, even the domesticated tame ones we see snuggling under blankets, litter box trained, and proudly being carried about on their owners' shoulders nibbling playfully on their humans' ears, are quite a handful to manage especially during their late teen-YA years. If they can't be rehabilitated to return to the wild, they reportedly do outgrow that phase and usually calm down at least a little. But indeed, one can't go out into the wild looking for cute critters to pet and for snuggle partners that way without risking personal injury among other outcomes. I still claim though that orphaned or abandoned babies in need of help are another matter and really only those accustomed to being around humans already are going to tolerate being petted.

But the rabies thing. Yes, if we look at the disease as a whole, raccoons are major carriers. But there are some areas of the US inhabited by raccoons where there haven't been any with rabies reported for decades. They may be carrying other things of course, but it's not really the case that, in all geographic areas, all raccoons are going to carry that disease. It's always best, of course, to err on the side of caution.

I have to wonder though if they actually know how cute they are. Who told them?
Scholar
#11966 Old 15th Dec 2020 at 4:54 AM
The first thing I do when I'm setting up a new save? Use Nraas Register to eliminate ALL raccoons. I've nothing against raccoons IRL, but in any sims game they are annoying little turds!

Legend is history as we would like it to be. We pick through the dusts of time for what is worth keeping and, here and there, we occasionally find treasure.

Simblr: Elyndaworld *** Wordpress: Tales of Nantrelor
Scholar
#11967 Old 15th Dec 2020 at 6:03 PM
I personally just find the ingame racoons boring as they never do anything. The inteaction to pet them is there but my sims just ending up standing there looking at them until they leave. And wild horses just gets scared and runs of. And deers...well, they just moves around the world... I wonder if the sims can take photos of wild animals. I have to try that.
Scholar
#11968 Old 15th Dec 2020 at 6:49 PM
Just because you have set dresser to give the men body hair doesn't mean they'll have body hair that *makes sense*. So now I've got sims with werewolf back hair, but no chest/stomach hair.

Instructor
#11969 Old 21st Dec 2020 at 1:48 PM
All these years I've seen the loading screen tip about how you don't need to feed "digital fish", but it helps sims "feel like they're making a difference" and I thought it meant all the fish in general - like the ones you catch and put in aquariums and fish bowls. (The "digital" part being some tongue-in-cheek reference they're all part of the game or something.) I've had so many of them die and thought that tip was just screwing with you - until yesterday I saw that LN wall aquarium thing had a "provide digital sustenance" option. Huh. So that's what that was about. How many years until LN came out again?
Scholar
#11970 Old 27th Dec 2020 at 3:17 PM
Not in-game, but I felt galaxy brained by this video. Did you know about this lighting menu?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcv...nel=JamesTurner

Lab Assistant
#11971 Old 30th Dec 2020 at 9:37 AM
Haven't played in awhile, but after cleaning out my computer and doing a few other things I can now play again for longer periods of time without my computer overheating Made a new family and had fun juggling everyone's chaos for awhile until a seasonal festival began. Not sure how since other saves had it disabled and I forgot how to fix this. Out of frustration I had my sim set a part of the festival grounds on fire.

It was then I learned that setting a fire, right next to a large set of fireworks, was a thing: they all went off at once Wish I had a picture to share because things got out of hand very fast due to all of the sims there panicking and running around. Pretty crazy stuff.

Later on one of my sims in the Political career got a opportunity to destroy some shredded papers before their next work day. Didn't want to set another fire, so I threw the papers away in my garbage. Apparently that doesn't count as destroying them and it removed the opportunity from me. Fire was probably the better option ironically lol
Lab Assistant
#11972 Old 29th Jan 2021 at 3:48 PM
I discovered this moodlet today:

Never seen it before, but since it's using the old woohoo icon and not the sims 3 one I assume it's from a mod I have installed.
Mad Poster
#11973 Old 29th Jan 2021 at 4:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Fulishagirl
Never seen it before, but since it's using the old woohoo icon and not the sims 3 one I assume it's from a mod I have installed.

That one would be from NRaas Woohooer.
Forum Resident
#11974 Old 30th Jan 2021 at 5:20 PM
I discovered how much more I like that cheap base game fridge (Chillgood) without that horrible psuedo-gradient mess that EA added to it. Removed it and it looks so much better! Seriously, wtf was EA thinking with that? If it was to make it look more "cheap", then it certainly made it a less attractive option. That would've looked awful in 2009 with the monitors of the day.

You have been chosen. They will come soon.
#11975 Old 31st Jan 2021 at 9:13 AM
Sims can sit on the edge of a bathtub. Please excuse the CC-missing Amarante.

Screenshots
Page 479 of 490