Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Feb 2010 at 12:51 AM
Movies vs Books
Which do you like better, the Harry Potter movies or the books?

Personally I like the books better because they include more about everything that happens, and the movies leave parts out. But I also like the movies because they show the castle and the classes. I absolutely love the castle they used for the movies.

"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
- Douglas Adams (The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy)
tumblr
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 20th Feb 2010 at 8:24 AM
Well in the way of characters and description,I like books more.But in the way of actors and places,I more like movies.Hogwarts castle is made almost exactly as I imagined when I was reading the first book.They made it very well,and actors are great too! (especially Emma,Maggie Smith and Evanna Lynch) They really played their roles very well.
So,all in all,I think that movies and the books are on the same step

The end of magical Pegasaus's era through the world of sims
Scholar
#3 Old 20th Feb 2010 at 9:31 AM
Definitely the books, I fell asleep in most of the movies xD

cherrycherrycherryboomboom.

Dreamwidth
Mad Poster
#4 Old 20th Feb 2010 at 9:34 AM
I'm going to have to say the books. I like both of them for different reasons.

The books have a certain charm about them, something that I don't think can be copied into film. The movies, however, have brilliant actors, and they made everything appear how I imagined it too. Plus, the movies have Tom Felton .
Scholar
Original Poster
#5 Old 20th Feb 2010 at 6:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PixCii
Plus, the movies have Tom Felton .

You are so right

"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
- Douglas Adams (The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy)
tumblr
Scholar
#6 Old 20th Feb 2010 at 7:37 PM
Today I went to cinema and I saw HP 6 again,and I know that' I'm a little bit boring with this,but it was sad when Harry was holding Hermione and when they were crying for their loves,however they didn't realized that they -two- could be together.And it was very painful scene when phoenix was singing his sad song for Dumbledore and then disappeared forever.

I know that they won't end up together in books and movies,but if you just look at third and fourth movie,you will really think that they are in love.So in that way,movies are better

Theorist
#7 Old 8th Mar 2010 at 10:02 PM
The books, but the movies did do a pretty good job at capturing the magic considering how bizarre the books can be at times. I can get sucked into the books much more easily, but I guess that goes for almost all books compared to their movie counterparts.

"Your life was a liner I voyaged in."
Banned
#8 Old 9th Mar 2010 at 5:57 AM
The books were better, but the movies were pure awesome as well. Plus, as PixCii said, they have Tom Felton

the acting in the movies is great, but they just don't have the same charm as the books.
Test Subject
#9 Old 7th Jul 2010 at 2:01 PM
The book of course!!
It is more complete and concise
When you watch the movie without reading the book first would leave ou baffled for sure
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 15th Jul 2010 at 7:28 AM
The books yet the movies are what introduced me to the books. I don't like how it feels to me that the movies are completly diffrent from the books. I hope they don't screw up the last one. I always thought Hermonie and Harry would get together and Ron would pair up with some random girl.
Test Subject
#11 Old 16th Aug 2010 at 10:01 AM
Default Final HP movie in to two parts???
Hey, I heard that the final Harry Potter film will be split in to two parts. How true is that?
Instructor
#12 Old 16th Aug 2010 at 12:59 PM
Very true.
Top Secret Researcher
#13 Old 16th Aug 2010 at 1:46 PM
I think that's a good thing to split it in two movies as otherwise it was one way too long movie and they would have to leave out some important parts.

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Contact me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
Scholar
#14 Old 16th Aug 2010 at 3:50 PM
Well if they made it into one movie, they would probably delete Harry and Hermione kissing scene, which is the only reason why I will watch DH.

Mad Poster
#15 Old 16th Aug 2010 at 10:37 PM
One of the major reasons why they're splitting it into 2 movies is more revenue. They've purposely organized the release dates to be 6 months after each other so the second part can be in the Northern Hemisphere's summer holidays, thus more money from people frequenting the theatre more often.
Inventor
#16 Old 16th Aug 2010 at 10:50 PM
Besides LOTR, I think Harry Potter is one of the few book series that suits as movies. The characters, locations, landscape.. It all makes the books come alive, compared to other stories, like "PS. I love you". That's a ruined story on screen (just as comparison). All this might have to do with the fact that I watched the first 3 movies before reading the books though, but still.. the whole visual story is AMAZING! Fantasy stories really suits the big screen, because there are things that only your mind can imagine, while in "real life" books you can already picture things because they already exists. This is what makes the difference for me. I love visual effects and weird characters.
Test Subject
#17 Old 3rd Dec 2010 at 5:17 AM
Books but when in harry potter i love both... the book and the movie were all super good!

----
online tv
Theorist
#18 Old 5th Dec 2010 at 9:03 AM
The books, certainly because it's the original story- but maybe if the movie will stick to the book more, I'd like them better (meaning, not cutting to much scenes, changing or adding irrelevant scenes, overdoing the drama, and things like that)
Test Subject
#19 Old 4th Feb 2011 at 11:51 PM
I prefer the books because it goes into more depth and gives you all the details and you know more about what is going on in the background too with the books.
I love the magic the films bring and its nice to put faces to the characters too BUT i do get annoyed when the films miss out a vital part and like someone said earlier IF you haven't read the books you would be baffled with some parts in the films!
Some parts are also completely missed out in the films and i get really annoyed sometimes about this.
I also get annoyed when they have something TOTALLY different in the film OR when something a character does isn't even them in the book its someone else!
Like fixing harry's glasses in the first film NOT hermy in the books its arthur.

Other than that i do love the films and i think you imagine the character a bit better when you read the books as you have the person n the films on in your memory.

The one i like best for the magical feel and really staying true to the clothes the wizards wear and all the kids wearing their uniforms right etc, is the philosophers stone or sorcerors stone in the us. I just love the feel of the film.
But I still do like all the other films though.

But you can't beat reading the book's again for the 50th time!
Banned
#20 Old 17th Feb 2011 at 12:35 PM
i have watched all the flims and have the aduio books but i have to say that the frist two films had more of the actruall book while prisoner of askasdan had not as much. the worst ones are films four to six. gubblit of fire is the worst of these it has nothing adour dobby and the house elves or heromine's campaign for elven rights. the stuff adout the qudditch world cup and many other key things. order of the phonenix is a bit better but not by much, they do show all of what umbrifge did hogwarts when she was headmistrees of the school and nothing in both flims four and five adout the vists they had to sriscus when he was in a cave near hogsmed. number six, half blood prince, hello snape dose'nt tell harry he's the half blood prince, heromine tells him after looking at old newspapers and tells harry. deathly hallows oooooooh very good film espaiclly since it is pordally the most arcteret to the book. i can not wait for part two to come out in cinemas.

i think they should remake gobbilt of fire and make it a bitter flim.

so in all i perfer the books/aduio books for most of flims
Test Subject
#21 Old 12th Apr 2011 at 10:53 AM
I'm a movie guy myself but books are more involved and offer much more detail.

However, I don't like people bashing the movies, they made a very good effort.

Just my $0.02
Field Researcher
#22 Old 12th May 2011 at 8:20 PM
the book always wins.
Test Subject
#23 Old 3rd Jul 2011 at 8:00 PM
I like books more. They are so interesting that when you read the whole world disappears and you're like living in it. I've readed all of them 3 times already and am about to read for the 4th time(reading the 5th book now, lol).
Movies are interesting too, but they cut out a LOT of very (I mean like VERY) interesting parts. But the actors are good. =)
And one more thing...sorry for bragging, lol ^_^;
Scholar
#24 Old 8th Sep 2011 at 3:41 AM
Definately books! I am a reader anyways, and while the movies were awesomeness, I have always loved the books! Besides the fact that with movies, depending on the director, they could completely butcher a book, to make almost a whole new story. Not wanting to offend anyone but... <cough> Eragon Movie <cough cough>

THE CAT HAIR WIZARD
Field Researcher
#25 Old 30th Sep 2011 at 9:05 PM Last edited by heat33330 : 7th May 2013 at 8:56 PM.
The books. They have way more info and the movies miss out on some important/good scenes.

Page 1 of 2