Locked thread | Replies: 699 (Who?), Viewed: 26734 times. | Locked by: leefish Reason: A new random thoughts thread is available.
Page 28 of 28
Scholar
#676 Old 30th Nov 2015 at 5:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinchan7
Sometimes, I wish there was an easy way to tell how many rooms an apartment has from both neighborhood and lot view.

Same with dorms. I resort to putting the number of rooms in brackets after the dorm name - with (8+1) meaning 8 standard rooms and 1 vampire-ready room - but it's not exactly ideal as the dorm name is shortened sometimes to fit that in.
Mad Poster
#677 Old 30th Nov 2015 at 7:29 PM
The past 2 months themes (uni and vintage) have been right up my allyway but I haven't ever had time to upload anything I'm quite disappointed, I wanted to turn the famous Sanderson Dandelion clocks wallpaper into a wallpaper for sims, but for the life of me I can't do it right unless I want either: A. the wallpaper to clip at the ends, or B. the design to be shrunk down so it's smaller than the real wallpaper. Hopefully next months theme I'll be able to find the time to make something that isn't too complicated.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Theorist
#678 Old 30th Nov 2015 at 7:55 PM
How come reading sims related posts make me want to play the game when I don't feel like playing the game?

Off topic: I also want to watch the Winter Finale of The Walking Dead.
Forum Resident
#679 Old 30th Nov 2015 at 9:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charity
People just don't trust anyone who posts in TSR lol. I notice that noone is now accusing Fakepeeps of copying without credit.

^Yeah I trust TSR about as much as I trust pills from Bill Cosby, gas station subs, or fake consoles like these. Seriously I could rant about how much I despise that site all day...

Anyway, @gummilutt I feel you on the name. AmandieLove is kind of awkward (especially when shortened to Amandie) but given my lack of creativity in usernames there isn't diddly squat I can do about it.

On to actual SIMS related random thoughts, I was looking through old screencaps from my game and noticed a child sim talking about Woohoo at the dinner table. Which makes me wonder: has anyone thought about what they teach in those Simlish schools? I mean, in none of the games do sims leave with real skills like logic or creativity (especially writing, one of the things creativity was broken up into in TS3). The heck is going on there?!

~Someday my prince will come... And he better not bring all his hood's character files with him.~
@)->----- Place this ASCII flower in your sig as a thank you to all of our amazing moderators at MTS!
TS3 vs. Your CPU: The Solution
Shameless plug for my fledgeling Simblr here
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#680 Old 30th Nov 2015 at 10:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gummilutt
Gummi or gummi is totally okay, jo If you think gummi is too loo long, gum works too.

gummi is fine and something I can remember. This is one reason I say in my siggy to call me Jo, since I know it's easily remembered plus it's my name in real life as well. I really dislike it when I get called Joan, which I have quite a few times. My name is not Joan it's Joanne but I go by Jo. I didn't realize the 'and' was so hard to see. Since my user name is myself+ my daughter + our old house number. I made that up when she was a baby since I was so tired of the user name that I wanted not being available.

Lol AmandieLove add me to that not trusting list as well.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Forum Resident
#681 Old 30th Nov 2015 at 11:00 PM
@joandsarah77 would you like a matching tinfoil hat? If I could I'd probably make some wacko nutjob conspiracy site about TSR... complete with bright neon colors, patterned backgrounds, awful music, and scrolling text that looks like the 90s puked all over my website!

(Kidding lol)

~Someday my prince will come... And he better not bring all his hood's character files with him.~
@)->----- Place this ASCII flower in your sig as a thank you to all of our amazing moderators at MTS!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#682 Old 30th Nov 2015 at 11:04 PM
Could I have it in gold thanks.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Forum Resident
#683 Old 30th Nov 2015 at 11:07 PM
Jo, this is the best I could find. It's for when you want to look classy on a night out and you suspect that you're surrounded by Illuminati.
Screenshots

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#684 Old 30th Nov 2015 at 11:28 PM
Not quite an Aussie slouch hat but close enough.

~Call me Jo~
Inventor
#685 Old 30th Nov 2015 at 11:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ieta_cassiopeia
Same with dorms. I resort to putting the number of rooms in brackets after the dorm name - with (8+1) meaning 8 standard rooms and 1 vampire-ready room - but it's not exactly ideal as the dorm name is shortened sometimes to fit that in.

It would be nice to have more room for lot names; I've run into that problem with my hobby dorms, my hilltop cathedral and several others. Fortunately, I didn't run into that problem when I built the "Behemoth Dorm (64 Rooms)" on a 6x5 lot. I remember the first time I put my Cash Family students in the Behemoth Dorm; three or four semesters passed before the game finally generated enough college students to fill it.

It would also be nice to have a separate indicator to denote how many Myne Doors are on the dorm lot. Of course, Myne Doors don't necessarily equate to dorm rooms; you can stick twelve Myne Doors in a wall running along the back lawn and still have zero dorm rooms. But at least it would be useful in the right hands.

(On a slightly related note, why does MTS expect us to sully our creations' names by putting "NO CC" in a vanilla-game mod's name? Like "Nuclear Farmhouse -- NO CC"? Why can't we just click on a "No Custom Content" box instead?)

Also, my Sim State U has Castle Von Carstein, its own dorm for vampirey students. Carmilla von Carstein (my first Simmy vampire) was the first student to stay there, of course...some backstory about her distant ancestors building the place and sending her an anonymous invitation to stay there during her college years and whatnot. Coffins all over the place, even inside the hollows of the castle walls. She claimed the huge dorm room at the top of the keep, of course.
Forum Resident
#686 Old 1st Dec 2015 at 12:13 AM
I wish there were more room on lots period... I can't make a realistic high school, even a small one, because there's not enough room for all the things they offer nowadays. Even some single buildings carry over too much, so I can't just have separate lots for buildings. If buildings didn't have to all connect to the road I'd make a front entry to the school and put roadless lots closer to the inside of the block, letting students "walk" across campus with the clickable neighbors feature.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#687 Old 1st Dec 2015 at 12:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizzatron-9000
(On a slightly related note, why does MTS expect us to sully our creations' names by putting "NO CC" in a vanilla-game mod's name? Like "Nuclear Farmhouse -- NO CC"? Why can't we just click on a "No Custom Content" box instead?)

MTS doesn't and it does so automatically. Most of us put No CC in a title to simply grab the correct persons attention seeing not everyone uses the filters and many people prefer cc free lots.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#688 Old 1st Dec 2015 at 1:11 AM Last edited by grammapat : 1st Dec 2015 at 1:12 AM. Reason: I found it...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsimsfan12
The past 2 months themes (uni and vintage) have been right up my allyway but I haven't ever had time to upload anything I'm quite disappointed, I wanted to turn the famous Sanderson Dandelion clocks wallpaper into a wallpaper for sims, but for the life of me I can't do it right unless I want either: A. the wallpaper to clip at the ends, or B. the design to be shrunk down so it's smaller than the real wallpaper. Hopefully next months theme I'll be able to find the time to make something that isn't too complicated.

A monthly theme -- I see a "theme" button, but not what you seem to be referring to. Can you point me to the right door?
Found it --"Site news".

Namaste... or "go"
Forum Resident
#689 Old 1st Dec 2015 at 2:53 AM
I'm glad people put that in titles... I rarely download lots period and when I do I download without CC.

Anyway I am remaking some of my old sims from a legacy that fell victim to my neighborhood ADHD. So far it's going great... Tedious but worth it.

Mad Poster
#690 Old 1st Dec 2015 at 5:27 AM
AmandieLove, Ama, Mandie?
I might be just slightly biased, but I reckon that Sims 2 schools teach about the same as real life schools: stand in line in alphabetical order, answer when you're called on, do what teacher says . . . Your sim kid was probably getting the proper facts of life from real authorities--at least, they produced said kid, right? So they must know something about it. Besides, doesn't everyone do sex-ed at the dinner table? Breakfast table is much too early: that's a topic requiring more coffee, and by lunch I just want to get them either down for naps or outside to play, plus sex-ed really ought to involve both parents for maximum embarrassment, I mean information. (Look, I'll stop embarrassing my thirteen-year-old on purpose when he stops getting embarrassed by his parents kissing. Seriously. How does he think he and his five little siblings came into existence?)

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Scholar
#691 Old 1st Dec 2015 at 6:07 AM
Does anyone else laugh at the dolloping sound when sims put their meal from saucepan to plate/bowl? Maybe I'm just simple.

Truth will not fear scrutiny.
Instructor
#692 Old 1st Dec 2015 at 12:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunbee
(Look, I'll stop embarrassing my thirteen-year-old on purpose when he stops getting embarrassed by his parents kissing. Seriously. How does he think he and his five little siblings came into existence?)

Seeing how this is sims:
Lab Assistant
DELETED POST
Original Poster
1st Dec 2015 at 9:02 PM
This message has been deleted by HaphazardSim.
Inventor
#693 Old 1st Dec 2015 at 9:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joandsarah77
MTS doesn't and it does so automatically. Most of us put No CC in a title to simply grab the correct persons attention seeing not everyone uses the filters and many people prefer cc free lots.

Huh. All three times when the upload moderator shot my uploads down, she included feedback along the lines of "You need to list the CC included in your lots". I didn't have any CC in my lots, and Mootilda's Clean Installer agreed with me. So I came to conclude that including "No CC" in the upload's title was mandatory, as including "No Custom Content is included with this lot" near the tops of my Descriptions apparently wasn't good enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snufflepaws
Does anyone else laugh at the dolloping sound when sims put their meal from saucepan to plate/bowl? Maybe I'm just simple.

I don't laugh, but I am a wee bit amused by it. Stir stir stir stir stir, splaPOOP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TumaSims
Too much of anything is bad.

...unless it's your enemy who has too much of anything. Then it's good.

So what's this comment relating to, anyway?
Forum Resident
#694 Old 1st Dec 2015 at 10:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinchan7
Seeing how this is sims:

Sometimes this is literally true.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#695 Old 1st Dec 2015 at 10:43 PM
@Pizzatron-9000 when you used the upload wizard did you come to a page that asked you to put in custom content or not? A lot without content should skip that page getting instead a different page. I think it says 'no content found!' I think, my short term memory is pretty bad.
On the other hand if you included content it goes to a different page where you have to list items. If you got the page saying no content the mod should not have asked you to list content. It sounds like the mod got feedback from the wizard saying your file had content. That is something you should post about in creator issues. Taking a screenshot of your lot in Clean Installer showing that there is no content.

~Call me Jo~
Forum Resident
#696 Old 1st Dec 2015 at 10:45 PM
Do the controllers that cause Super Duper Hug Bug show up in Clean Installer? If they're on your lot that's a VBT for someone else to put them in their game.

Lab Assistant
DELETED POST
Original Poster
2nd Dec 2015 at 12:07 AM
This message has been deleted by HaphazardSim.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#697 Old 2nd Dec 2015 at 12:15 AM
Recolours show in Clean Installer. Pizza says only the lot is showing. It is possible for some cc to default a Maxis object. I had a fireplace that showed up in the wizard one time but not in CI and I had to track it down and remove it from my download folder. It was a Guid conflict with a maxis fireplace.

@AmandieLove No they do not, it's invisible, which is why it's such a tenacious critter. Moo had been looking into if something could be added to Clean Installer to show it, but that never eventuated.

~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#698 Old 2nd Dec 2015 at 1:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewSimgirl2011
That annoying moment where you're playing your game, and the Sim that you're playing just met another Sim who could be a potential mate and you're just about to get your sim to ask the other on a date and create a storyline and then...

... BOOM!

Your laptop has run out of battery, it shuts down and when you load back up your game has crashed and so you have to restart your game. And because you were on a community lot, you couldn't save and so you have to start your playable Sim's day all over again! (And I don't want to cheat)

God Damn it ...fsriububvdfpfauidodsocdodinvofd vuogfeuidgxuXvxszk cl;!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Relevant random imageset I found is relevant.

In other randomness, you know the weird, disjointed out-of-rhythm dance that the sim kids do (because most kids actually don't have any rhythm and just kind of do whatever dance move they feel like/pops into their heads next)? Well, I realized that if you were to put the part where they (seemingly randomly) stick out their butt and shake it on loop, it would match up/ fit with the horns on Saint Motel's "Just My Type" almost perfectly...
Forum Resident
#699 Old 2nd Dec 2015 at 1:38 AM
@joandsarah77 That's why I thought maybe the mods found it somehow when CI didn't. Maybe they looked through the lot's SimPE files. That's why I rarely download lots and when I do it's only from people that don't use much (if any) CC, much less build with it.

Now in TS3 building just isn't as fun as in TS2 and it's not as prone to corrupting when you breathe on it, so I download away-----*smacked for discussing TS3*

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#700 Old 2nd Dec 2015 at 1:55 AM
All you need do to be safe from the Super Hug code surfacing (it comes with the game, it's in your installation files, it isn't third party code) is keep No Sim Loaded in your game. Then you can place lots full of the Super Hug with full immunity. It doesn't matter if they have the hug or not as NSL will 100% nuke it. So long as you have NSL first and the lot second. It's no good having the code surfacce and then trying to fix it, you can't. You can hide it, but that doesn't take it away. With the fix in place you can forget about the super hug, be more concerned if the lot comes with sim references, nothing nukes those apart from a good scrub with simpe.

~Call me Jo~
Locked thread | Locked by: leefish Reason: A new random thoughts thread is available.
Page 28 of 28